Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos (17738 Views)

Retired Headmistress Shot Dead In Benin By Teenage Cultist (pic) / RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Germany-based Businessman Shot Dead In Lagos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by eduson33(m): 6:14am On Jan 12, 2013
Young doctor shot dead in broad daylight in Lagos

A young doctor, Irawo Adamolekun, was shot dead today in Lagos by an unknown gunman. Rapper, Ruggedman witnessed the killing and tweeted about the incident which occurred at Anthony yesterday afternoon. "Man wearing army green tshirt n brown combat shorts, just short a man driving a corolla in d head at anthony. He shot him and calmly walked to d other side of d road to a waiting okada n sped off. In broad daylight oh" -Ruggedman

He was the only son of his parent as his elder brother died a few years ago in a car accident.

source
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/01/student-of-houdegbe-north-american-uni.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by fkaz(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2013
R I P
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by onatisi(m): 6:36am On Jan 12, 2013
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Odunnu: 6:39am On Jan 12, 2013
Okada again?
Thought Okadas have been stopped.
May his soul RIP
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 12, 2013
RIP.
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 12, 2013
RIP. The Killing has got cultism written all over it.

2 Likes

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by hoodboy(m): 6:57am On Jan 12, 2013
RIP to d deceased. Meanwhile what's with rugged man not knowing the difference between short and shot

3 Likes

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 7:02am On Jan 12, 2013
Seems the banning of okadas is justified after all as this type of crime is one of the reasons given for the ban.
I know rugged man is a soji man but he should be careful. He even gave good description of the killer proving he may likely be able to identify him and testify against him if caught.
One can only wonder why this young doctor was killed but I suspect it may just be because of some post in his work place.
People kill for less and many more want to do so without getting caught. Humans are inherently dangerous and its not fear of God that prevent crimes but the fear of getting caught and facing human law.

5 Likes

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by SlyIg(f): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Shot isn't the same as short!
It's a pity though.
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2013
Not a good one. He was cut short in his prime. Too bad!
Exit thread.
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by onatisi(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2013
saxywale: RIP. The Killing has got cultism written all over it.
but he has already graduated
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by azpeculiar: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2013
In Anthony! Shiit! Very sad. RIP to the deceased. Now somebody tell me when the next State Police debate is coming up? angry
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by dridowu: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2013
So Sad, Insecurity here and there
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2013
onatisi:

Doesn't stop anything oº°˚! This people can kill weda u've graduated or not! In Enugu, a young man sat in front of his mums shop wen he's phone rang. Immediately he picked it, he was shot! This was last year, and 3yrs after his graduation!

1 Like

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by question(m): 7:57am On Jan 12, 2013
People should start installing dash-board cameras in their cars. Like the police in US.

May his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by azpeculiar: 7:59am On Jan 12, 2013
tchidi:

Doesn't stop anything oº°˚! This people can kill weda u've graduated or not! In Enugu, a young man sat in front of his mums shop wen he's phone rang. Immediately he picked it, he was shot! This was last year, and 3yrs after his graduation!

This isn't cultism. It was a traffic robbery gone bad. The robber had robbed the driver of the vehicle in front of Irawo, and when he approached Irawo, he refused to part with his valuables, so he shot him dead.

1 Like

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by onatisi(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2013
azpeculiar:

This isn't cultism. It was a traffic robbery gone bad. The robber had robbed the driver of the vehicle in front of Irawo, and when he approached Irawo, he refused to part with his valuables, so he shot him dead.
dammmmm , just maybe becos of blackberry and maybe a second hand laptop , they blew that guys brains off
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Rhino5dm: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2013
Never struggle with a man carrying a gun. He was such a fool not have calmly obey the instructions. My heart goes out to his parents and other love ones. Sad to see promising you soul terminated in this manner.

1 Like

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by naptu2: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2013
OMG!

What part of Anthony? Was it on Ikorodu Road or Apapa-Oworonshoki Expressway?

RIP cry
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Never struggle with a man carrying a gun. He was such a fool not have calmly obey the instructions. My heart goes out to his parents and other love ones. Sad to see promising you soul terminated in this manner.

please stop insulting the dead and mourn for your country where useless thugs confidently kill useful members of society in daylight.

http://drsweetness..com/2010/03/great-loss.html

like someone else said, this may be the second death in the family. . .

3 Likes

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by yuzedo: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2013
hoodboy: RIP to d deceased. Meanwhile what's with rugged man not knowing the difference between short and shot
You know he used to collabo with 2Shotz (who is short) so didn't know if it was supposed to be spelt 2Shotz or 2Shortz..undecided
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 12, 2013
But why
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by azpeculiar: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2013
naptu2: OMG!

What part of Anthony? Was it on Ikorodu Road or Apapa-Oworonshoki Expressway?

RIP cry

I suspect it's around where GTB is. I live in Anthony, I'd make some enquiries this morning.
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 12, 2013
azpeculiar:

Well, didn't say it was.. I was just explaining that graduation doesn't stop any one from being killed if he was a cultist. RIP to the dead. Too bad!
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]That's extremely sad though, tragic. I'm a little surprised as the gunman didn't search for a wallet or belongings.

May he rest in peace.[/size]
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by bigfat: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2013
LETS VOTE BAN OKADA OR DONT BANK OKADA ? cheesy

Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Adufaye(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2013
onatisi:
even if,der wil stil cum bak 4,if u didnt take ur post y in sch...nobody knws wat hapun 2 him...God knws best.RIP my broda
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Emylexray(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2013
Sad and very tragic. The only promising child of his parents! That bloody fool that shot this young doctor may repent in the future and become one pastor, evangelist or even bishop! GOD FORBID! May no mortal terminate my destiny and later repent!
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by DICKtator: 9:52am On Jan 12, 2013
saxywale: RIP. The Killing has got cultism written all over it.
mumu
grin grin grin grin
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Emylexray(m): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Ruggedman said "short" not once but twice? Kai.

That's extremely sad though, tragic. I'm a little surprised as the gunman didn't search for a wallet or belongings.

May he rest in peace.[/size]
it was a smooth job, he even walked "calmly" to where the okada was and zoomed off. No questioning or apprehension!
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by topaz4: 9:54am On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos by Burger01(m): 9:58am On Jan 12, 2013
A young doctor was shot dead and some Nlanders are busy picking grammatical errors... What's just wrong with those English professors self... OK. We don hear you o. Na shot. Face the topic... RIP.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policeman Kills Okada Rider In Benue State, Residents Go On Rampage (Graphic Pic / Suspect Runs Out Of Lagos Police Station - Man Shares Experience With Police / UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.