Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? (2402 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by nehis234(m): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
ARGUMENT

Mother:- my son must obey me unless he didn't suck my breast 4 1yr,
Wife:- he sucks mine now & sucked it 4 more den 5yr and is still sucking,
Mother:- I carried him for nine mnths.
Wife:- he was only 3.5kg den, so whats d big deal? I carry him evry 9t and he is 85kg now.
Mother.:- he passd btwn my legs.
Wife:- Hahaha, he only passd dia once, he stays in-betwn my legs like evryday. plss WHO OWNS A MAN?
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
This is one of d questions i hate most in my life. How can you compare d mother with a wife.
The two of them are peculiar in their own way.
And for d wife, has it occurred to her that d man can exist without d wife but cant exist without d mother giving birth to him.
Im not d type of wife that will see my MIL as a rival but as a person that should be highly appreciated and respected.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by k2039: 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
greatgod2012: This is one of d questions i hate most in my life. How can you compare d mother with a wife.
And for d wife, has it occurred to her that d man can exist without d wife but cant exist without d mother giving birth to him.
Im not d type of wife that will see my MIL as a rival but as a person that should be highly appreciated and respected.
Actually known of them own me, I own myself.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by baby124: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
The man owns himself and should be rational and impartial in words and thoughts. The two relationships are also separate and can never be mixed or mistaken.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by victorian(f): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
A man owns himself, but if we are comparing?... It's the mother... Dicey but true.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by aadetoyin(f): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nobody owns him jor because his mum and his wife have different roles to play in his life. His mum is necessary in his early life, growing up and all while his wife is meant to be his life partner.
if I am gonna choose anyone it will be the wife because even the bible says his wife is his FLESH AND BONE tongue
but sincerely, they have totally different roles to play in a man's life.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by slimchi2k2(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
nice joke
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by bjcole(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
Its not a question of who owns, the two are distinct & important people in his life, they perform distinct roles & he cannot do without any of them. I think d question shd be who is more important or first among both, 4 me, my mum & my wife are both important but my wife takes precedence in all matters & decision, she is one with me.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
k2039:
Actually known of them own me, I own myself.

yes, i agree with you, but did you read d original post of d poster, from d way d content of d thread was written, it obvious d MIL and d DIL are at loggerhead, which i can never support, so, to let d wife know that she is not suppose to be at loggerhead with her MIL, one has to let her know dt, b4 her, d MIL was.
May God help us all.
Btw, you scarce small o, hope no problem?
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
bjcole: Its not a question of who owns, the two are distinct & important people in his life, they perform distinct roles & he cannot do without any of them. I think d question shd be who is more important or first among both, 4 me, my mum & my wife are both important but my wife takes precedence in all matters & decision, she is one with me.

did you notice dt d wife did not respect d MIL from d way d thread was written, d argument btw both of them was disrespectful to d MIL, which shouldnt be encouraged, hence, my comment.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by TableLeg(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123: The man owns himself and should be rational and impartial in words and thoughts. The two relationships are also separate and can never be mixed or mistaken.
Peach
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by beqs101(f): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
The man owns himself and the roles of both the mother and wife,are very important in his life and they can't be interchanged.. But the wife is more important cuz,she is the one that will be with him,guide him,love him till death do them part... That's why they always say,if you marry a bad wife,your life is ruined but they don't say,if you have a bad mother you are ruined..

Just my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by funkem5(f): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
"A man will leave his family and cleave to his wife,they shall become one".No sensible DIL will take Advantage of this though.Its good to honour your MIL as you honour your own parents,because she is your hubby's first love and the channel that brought him to life.
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by EzePromoe: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Instead of facing this intricate conundrum of chosing who owns me between the person who brought me to this world and one who I'm married to, I think my BB owns me undecided I'm sorry mummy and honey, I love you both so much and I had no choice cry[/size]
Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by navygrl: 3:32am On Jan 14, 2013
Unless he is a slave, no one owns him. He is to make his own decisions not let them made for him. But being he chose his wife and not his mom and assuming he lives with his wife and not his mom. Then it would be wise to stay in the wifes good graces formost

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns A Man, His Mother Or Wife? by NewMe135: 1:06am On Mar 26, 2018
greatgod2012:
This is one of d questions i hate most in my life. How can you compare d mother with a wife.

When you jam a mother inlaw that you can never please, or want you to worship her, this your statement will change. Hahahahah

(1) (Reply)

11-year-old Girl Runs Away From Home To Avoid Arranged Marriage / WHATS UR VIEW ON THIS STATEMENT?... / Is Menstrual Flow Barely A Month After Delivery Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.