Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities (1732 Views)

2016 Budget: A Budget Of Change Or A Budget Of Burden? / Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State / The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
Below are some excerpts of the 2013 budget for DELTA State. The budget shows the self-serving, visionless and clueless nature of the current leadership of the state

First of all, INTRODUCTION:
Total Budget: 398.3 Billion
Recurrent Expenditure: 145.94 Billion
Capital Expenditure: 252.37 Billion

1. HOUSING: Its a shame to note that in 2013, Uduaghan plans to spend the Paltry sum of 783 million only on housing while he will spend 9 Billion on Administrative building. What do we call that?

2. SEWERAGE: Uduaghan plans to spend 11.785 Billion on sewerage. This is a state where everyone takes care of their sewer system. I wonder who will benefit from Uduaghan's SEWERS??

3. A Phantom ICT Park will be established at the cost of 1 Billion Naira

4. Warri Industrial Business Park will gulp 2 Billion Naira. This is a Park which after gulping Billions of Naira in previous years is nothing but a thick bush which has become hunting ground.

5. Development of Export processing & free trade Zone will gulp a total of 7 billion. Can someone remind me of the goods Delta State exports and countries to which they're exported??

6. Asaba Airport 4 Billion.

7. Delta leisure and Destination Park 1.6 Billion. At a time when Deltans don't have Good roads and hospitals, a silly Leisure park is the priority of our Governor.

8. Delta Broadcasting Service (DBS): 2 Billion Naira for Equipment. This is a service that offers nothing to Deltans. Year in year out billions go into the service with nothing to show..

I'll give you more details, but for now I want to go to a BUKA to have dinner before the woman closes for the day.. I'll ßξ back
References:

www.blanknewsonline./2013/01/06/breakdown-of-proposed-delta-state-2013-budget-by-kenneth-okpara/

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/national/delta-budgets-n398bn-for-2013/
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Akanbiedu(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Damn.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by fkaz(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
I don't know how our leader arrive at their budget.
Is it what the people are yearning for or what they the leader think is good for the citizen. How can somebody budgeted 1.6billion on leisure and destination park and leave housing with just 783million.
Somebody need to touch his forehead
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz: I don't know how our leader arrive at their budget.
Is it what the people are yearning for or what they the leader think is good for the citizen. How can somebody budgeted 1.6billion on leisure and destination park and leave housing with just 783million.

Almost 12 billion on Sewers. Shows you that Delta State is one BIG SHYTE-HOLE..
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by baynix(m): 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Revolution dey knock-knock.. *in fela's voice*

Asaba Airport?? 4 Billion.. hehe cheesy Nna Mehn!
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2013
In Anambra recurrent expenditure is less than 40%,while capital expenditure is well above 70%. Prudence.....Prudence...Prudence...That's what Obi have above all the rest of the governors in Nigeria and that's why he is a member of GEJ economic team and Fashola,Rochas,Chime,Amaechi,Akpabio and all the overhyped governors aren't found fit....Akwaibom,Delta,Rivers,Abia,Imo,Lagos and Edo receives over 80% of what Anambra get from the fed. allocation but Anambra is more financially healthier and more stable than all of them because we owe nobody and our reserve coffers is getting fatter every month.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:11am On Jan 13, 2013

What da hell do you expect to get from a man who is detached from the real situation of the people they govern?
What I have noticed is that most Nigerian governors are more interestd in how beautiful their roads and street look instead of worry how well an akara seller,a taylor,a vulcanizer or even a teacher eats. We want to be like New York overnight while our ppl surfer,our teachers untrained. Charity begins at home....Learn one or two thing from Peter Obi of Anambra state....the man is a very wise individual!!
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by manny4life(m): 4:26am On Jan 13, 2013
All I could do was LAUGH. This budget is funnyyy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Airport for N4billion, equivalent of $23million, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked YET nothing to show for it when the year is over
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by UYCO: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2013
GARRY, YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. IS IT ECONOMICAL FOR MOST MINISTRIES AND GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS TO BE ACCOMMODATED IN RENTED APARTMENT? THE ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING IS LONG OVERDUE. GOD BLESS UDUAGHAN FOR HIS FORESIGHT.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 7:50am On Jan 13, 2013
UYCO: GARRY, YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. IS IT ECONOMICAL FOR MOST MINISTRIES AND GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS TO BE ACCOMMODATED IN RENTED APARTMENT? THE ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING IS LONG OVERDUE. GOD BLESS UDUAGHAN FOR HIS FORESIGHT.
Where did this cretinous toad come from. This M0R0N with the I.Q. Of a deranged dog. Stay clear of me or I'll fry your already discombobulated brain.

The 2013 budget is designed to consolidate on the profligacy, hopelessness, visionlessness and ineptitude that has become the hallmark of Uduaghan's government.

Can you explain why he's spending about 12 billion on sewers??

Answer me or get lost!!

Deranged Nematode!!
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 7:57am On Jan 13, 2013
@UYCO

Please be informed that ur tenure on NL is over. Your days of LIES, half-truths and tales-spinning are over.

For lying to the world about the true condition of Delta State, I hereby declare you Persona Non Grata from the Politics Section..

It's a shame that you've chosen to sell the your conscience and the future of ur children (born and unborn) for a plate of "Ukodo".

SHAME ON YOU!!!
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by comrodioodio: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2013
Priest, can you tell any meaningful development that is going on on Anambra state right now, in Delta State we have numerous capital projects and all sector has been affected in this present administration and the government wants to consolidate on that to better the livelihood of Deltans.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 8:18am On Jan 13, 2013
comr.odio-odio:
Priest, can you tell any meaningful development that is going on on Anambra state right now, in Delta State we have numerous capital projects and all sector has been affected in this present administration and the government wants to consolidate on that to better the livelihood of Deltans.

Which meaningful projects are going on in Delta State??

12 billion naira sewer project....??

Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by UYCO: 10:12am On Jan 13, 2013
GARRI, it is obvious that you don't even know what you are talking about . I am taking the issues you raised one after the other and you are here ranting like an animal. What do you know about Delta State? You have not answerd my question on the administrative building , you are jumping to another issue. Learn to exhibit maturity in a public domain like this before you make mockery of yourself in a bid to satisfy your DPP pay master
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2013
UYCO: GARRI, it is obvious that you don't even know what you are talking about . I am taking the issues you raised one after the other and you are here ranting like an animal. What do you know about Delta State? You have not answerd my question on the administrative building , you are jumping to another issue. Learn to exhibit maturity in a public domain like this before you make mockery of yourself in a bid to satisfy your DPP pay master

Thunder fire your smelling mouth!! Who gives a fvck about DPP??

Explain why ur Basin-Headed governor has decided to spend 9 billion on Admin building, 12 billion on sewers and only a petty 783 million on housing??

Is that what you'd expect from a people-oriented governor??
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by nelsonegware: 11:01am On Jan 13, 2013
If you talk about provisions made for Housing I agree with you that it's inadequate while the N9 billion provided for Administrative building is uncalled for. The provisions made for the Warri Industrial Park is in order. Provisions for sewage is necessary but I think the amount allocated is high though. The Provision for the Leisure Park and ICT Park is in order but for Osubi Airport is not necessary. If I were Governor, after taking care of all recurrent items, I will plough in the remainder on roads, drainages and bridges and buildings.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by UYCO: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2013
The administrative building is very important. The entire Ministry of Women Affairs, Community and Social Development is in rented apartment. Both the office of the commissioner and that of the permanent secretary. If you know how much the state is paying for those rented offices including that of SSA to the governor on students affairs, you will have cause to support it. The scholarship board and the office of the commissioner for poverty alleviation are in rented apartment. What about the office of the commissioner for special duties project monitoring? It is also a rented apartment in addition to those I could not remember.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by don33310(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
We have said this time without number in this forum,governor uduaghan is the WORST governor in Nigeria history,since he became governor NOTHING he has done for 6yrs.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by UYCO: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
Don 3310, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "nothing" ? In spite of all the massive infrastructural development going on in Delta State and the state of emergency decleared on our roads by the comrade governor of Delta State.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
funny thread
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by garrix8: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
UYCO: Don 3310, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "nothing" ? In spite of all the massive infrastructural development going on in Delta State and the state of emergency decleared on our roads by the comrade governor of Delta State.

Mr. Man stop deceiving yourself!!

What massive infrastructural development??

And how does declaring a state of emergency on roads amount to an achievement.

Meanwhile it's declare and not "declear"...
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by don33310(m): 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
UYCO: Don 3310, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "nothing" ? In spite of all the massive infrastructural development going on in Delta State and the state of emergency decleared on our roads by the comrade governor of Delta State.
You are talking to a Deltan,as you know in Delta state,we have the following major towns,ASABA,WARRI, SAPELE,AGBOR,UGHELLI,ABRAKA and KWALE. Pls show me the massive development in those towns or let me make it easier for you by taking it down to Asaba only. I am waiting...........
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by babapupa: 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
NRI PRIEST: In Anambra recurrent expenditure is less than 40%,while capital expenditure is well above 70%. Prudence.....Prudence...Prudence...That's what Obi have above all the rest of the governors in Nigeria and that's why he is a member of GEJ economic team and Fashola,Rochas,Chime,Amaechi,Akpabio and all the overhyped governors aren't found fit....Akwaibom,Delta,Rivers,Abia,Imo,Lagos and Edo receives over 80% of what Anambra get from the fed. allocation but Anambra is more financially healthier and more stable than all of them because we owe nobody and our reserve coffers is getting fatter every month.

40% + 70% = 110

This anambra arithmetic suxs..

1 Like

Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by UYCO: 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
You are so blinded by hate that you can't notice what the governor is doing. It is not surprising because you are a member of the opposition party and you people are more interested in the office than development
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by ubikings: 12:34am On Jan 14, 2013
How much is Akwa Ibom Airport
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Jerie(m): 12:34am On Jan 14, 2013
babapupa:

40% + 70% = 110

This anambra arithmetic suxs..

U don kill me ooo
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Jerie(m): 12:36am On Jan 14, 2013
UYCO: The administrative building is very important. The entire Ministry of Women Affairs, Community and Social Development is in rented apartment. Both the office of the commissioner and that of the permanent secretary. If you know how much the state is paying for those rented offices including that of SSA to the governor on students affairs, you will have cause to support it. The scholarship board and the office of the commissioner for poverty alleviation are in rented apartment. What about the office of the commissioner for special duties project monitoring? It is also a rented apartment in addition to those I could not remember.

Are they going to live in the sewers Uduaghan is building?
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Matthewgreatman(m): 1:31am On Jan 14, 2013
@GARRI,what do you know about delta state? You always make posts that you think will instigate the minds of people by given negative reports of the state government.. You think you can just raise alarm to gain recognition. You know nothing about delta state and you are acting on false rumour or oppositions reports.Be rest assure that your unqualified reports and nefarious behaviour, will not distract the governor or the good people of delta state. The finger of God is working in delta state.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Jerie(m): 1:57am On Jan 14, 2013
Matthewgreatman's Latest Topics ( View All 5 Topics |
Posts )
Politics / Acn,lp,cpc,dpp,apga,etc,and PDP
Exchanging Words With Bible Quotations
by Matthewgreatman. 4 posts & 73 views. 6:52am On Jan
12 (Guseh)
Politics / Urhobo Youths Parliament urge FG To
Sanitize EFCC...
by Matthewgreatman. 1 post & 18 views. 1:31pm On Jan
06 (Matthewgreatman)
Politics / The Reason Why Greedy Rita Lori Rejects
Gov.Uduaghan's Xmas Gift.
by Matthewgreatman. 32 posts & 718 views. 10:54pm On
Jan 01 (Matthewgreatman)
Politics / I Know the reasons behind their
criticism,say's Governor E.Eweta (CON).
by Matthewgreatman. 2 posts & 57 views. 11:18am On
Dec 31, 2012 (Cynthiababy)
(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To Matthewgreatman
Personal text: Powers belongs to God.
Time registered: September 15, 2012
Time spent online: 8 hours & 8 minutes
View Matthewgreatman's posts (31) | View Matthewgreatman's
topics (5)

Man, go get a life, a.ss licking doesn't pay. At ur age, the congo-headed Uduaghan was in medical school. You're here bartering your children's futures for 100 Naira recharge card.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by GARRIx7(m): 3:49am On Jan 14, 2013
Matthewgreatman: @GARRI,what do you know about delta state? You always make posts that you think will instigate the minds of people by given negative reports of the state government.. You think you can just raise alarm to gain recognition. You know nothing about delta state and you are acting on false rumour or oppositions reports.Be rest assure that your unqualified reports and nefarious behaviour, will not distract the governor or the good people of delta state. The finger of God is working in delta state.

Can you tell me what Uduaghan has achieved in Delta State in the past 5 years with the trillions of Naira??
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Matthewgreatman(m): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2013
why not you look at the job opportunities this leisure and destination park will bring to our youths. Is always advisable to look at the two side coin before jumping into conclusion.
Re: Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities by Matthewgreatman(m): 9:50am On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Can you tell me what Uduaghan has achieved in Delta State in the past 5 years with the trillions of Naira??
Are you aware of the human capital development agenda that has cut across the 25LGA in the state,evn down to their remote areas.The massive development in infrastructure,the same administration built an International Airport,are you talking about employment,upgrading of schools,free health care,and if you must know the standard equipments we have in Oghara teaching hospital were bought by this administration,viewing centres across the state,recent constructions of roads,transformation in the transportation sector which was able to subsidise the cost of transportation,the youths empowerment programs,micro credit scheme,and many more. Some of us judge this administration base on the things that are not visible to us. Human capital development is what Nigeria should key into in other to better the lives of her citizen. Good governance should not be seen as road constructions only.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Time To Visit OBJ / Touts Attack Jimi Agbaje In Lagos / Boko Haram Is Sacking Northern Christian Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.