Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke (1068 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah / Bishop Oyedepo And Bishop Wale Oke Back In The Days (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by alphaconde(m): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
THE president/founder of the Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Bishop Francis Wale Oke has urged Christians to stop criticising pastors who own private jets, describing jets as tools needed in evangelism, reports Olayinka Latona.

The cleric who was ministering at an Advanced Ministers’ Seminar at the National Stadium, Lagos with a theme; “Anointing for Destiny”, said: “It is only in this part of the world that people make case out of pastors having jets. In other places it is not so, because it is used for evangelism.

“Don’t join others in bringing other ministers of  God down but rather go ahead and impart people’s lives because your own day is coming,” he said, saying that ignorance is the major problem that makes Christians poor.

According to him, all good things belong to the child of God and Christians are entitled to such benefits.

Bishop Oke, who is also the National vice president of Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, in charge of South West, told the ministers of God that it is not a sin for one to get wealth as a Christian but it becomes sin when such a minister starts worshipping material things more than God who is the author of such blessing.

Quoting several Bible passages to buttress his point, the man of God said poor living does not glorify the name of God, noting; “there is glorious destiny, glorious inheritance and glorious eternity in Christ Jesus.

“As a child of God you are not supposed to be poor, the only thing that makes a child of God poor is ignorance, money is not evil it is the love of money that is a sin,” he stated.

Bishop Oke intimated the ministers of God on the secrets of how to tap their inheritance from God, urging them to be heaven-conscious, adding that it is only a waste of destiny if one acquired all the good things of this world and lose his soul.

The Mission Director, Ikorodu Region of Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Pastor Paul Odejayi revealed that the ministerial seminar was launched over three years ago as a non-denominational programme with the vision of impacting ministers of God.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/stop-criticising-pastors-with-private-jets-says-wale-oke/
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
alpha conde: THE president/founder of the Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Bishop Francis Wale Oke has urged Christians to stop criticising pastors who own private jets, describing jets as tools needed in evangelism, reports Olayinka Latona.

The cleric who was ministering at an Advanced Ministers’ Seminar at the National Stadium, Lagos with a theme; “Anointing for Destiny”, said: “It is only in this part of the world that people make case out of pastors having jets. In other places it is not so, because it is used for evangelism.

“Don’t join others in bringing other ministers of  God down but rather go ahead and impart people’s lives because your own day is coming,” he said, saying that ignorance is the major problem that makes Christians poor.

According to him, all good things belong to the child of God and Christians are entitled to such benefits.

Bishop Oke, who is also the National vice president of Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, in charge of South West, told the ministers of God that it is not a sin for one to get wealth as a Christian but it becomes sin when such a minister starts worshipping material things more than God who is the author of such blessing.

Quoting several Bible passages to buttress his point, the man of God said poor living does not glorify the name of God, noting; “there is glorious destiny, glorious inheritance and glorious eternity in Christ Jesus.

“As a child of God you are not supposed to be poor, the only thing that makes a child of God poor is ignorance, money is not evil it is the love of money that is a sin,” he stated.

Bishop Oke intimated the ministers of God on the secrets of how to tap their inheritance from God, urging them to be heaven-conscious, adding that it is only a waste of destiny if one acquired all the good things of this world and lose his soul.

The Mission Director, Ikorodu Region of Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Pastor Paul Odejayi revealed that the ministerial seminar was launched over three years ago as a non-denominational programme with the vision of impacting ministers of God.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/stop-criticising-pastors-with-private-jets-says-wale-oke/

Dear Bishop Francis Wale Oke

We have already known that you are planning your own jet secretly and therefore, you will always come up with unbiblical heretical programmes such as ANOINTING FOR DESTINY in order to meek the sheep hereby planning ways for your own jet you have been covetous of in recent time. Sir, I don't know where you got this "Anointing for destiny" from the word of God. The only thing that helps a child of God fulfills destiny is NOT the ANOINTING but the WORD of GOD in GRACE!

New International Version (©1984)
"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. - Acts 20:32

Thank you sir!
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Goshen360:

We have already known that you are planning your own jet secretly and therefore, you will always come up with unbiblical heretical programmes such as ANOINTING FOR DESTINY in order to meek the sheep hereby planning ways for your own jet you have been covetous of in recent time. Sir, I don't know where you got this "Anointing for destiny" from the word of God. The only thing that helps a child of God fulfills destiny is NOT the ANOINTING but the WORD of GOD in GRACE!

"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. - Acts 20:32

Thank you sir!
Loaded and perfect.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by alphaconde(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
City to city evangelism when people are sti in d bushes chained by ungodly tradition
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by fkaz(m): 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
alpha conde:
So who will build airstrip in my village, for them to come an evangelise? Or do they have category of people that they are preaching to, with their private jet?
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 13, 2013
real men of God (regardless of religious background or creed) don't view private jets as necessary.

period.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Joagbaje(m): 7:57am On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360:

Thank you sir!

What is wrong with anointing for destiny. Do you even understand what his programme is about? . How much information do you have to criticize another ?

Jude 1:10
But these speak evil of those things which they know not:but what they know naturally. . .

Jet is only a vehicle made for people. Whoever NEEDS it should get it. So long as its a necessity. People once criticized cars , especially NEW cars. After they had approved old jalopy cars as okay for mission works. I tell you if there's need to get a space ship to mars a church should get it!
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Zikkyy(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2013
Joagbaje:
Jet is only a vehicle made for people. Whoever NEEDS it should get it. So long as its a necessity. People once criticized cars , especially NEW cars. After they had approved old jalopy cars as okay for mission works. I tell you if there's need to get a space ship to mars a church should get it!

A space ship to mars is a necessity cos there's no other way to getting there (unless you know how to disappear and appear at any location you so desire). a private jet is an avoidable luxury at this time and it is not a necessity. owning a private jet is not bad, but timing is an issue. a pastor owning a private jet when a much larger percentage of the people around him cannot afford one good meal in a day shows a pastor that is not sensitive to the plight of his people. If you ask me, it is an un-Christlike behavior. It is not a reflection of a man with a conscience.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Yooguyz: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360:

Thank you sir!
smh, am very disappointed, you are the last person i expected to type this
so you are among the people who bring down men of God?
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by rodeo0070(m): 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
Comment reserved...
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Goshen360(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
Yooguyz: smh, am very disappointed, you are the last person i expected to type this
so you are among the people who bring down men of God?

Bring down men of God? How? God's word is NO respect of person(s). Tell me how my post brought him down
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Goshen360(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

What is wrong with anointing for destiny. Do you even understand what his programme is about? . How much information do you have to criticize another ?

Anointing for destiny? Where do you find such in scripture? That a Christian need anointing to fulfill destiny or what does it mean? If anointing is needed for destiny to come to past, then I think you should start questioning the Bible itself because scriptures says, God gives to ALL MEN without finding faults. Then those who are not Christians and have fulfilled their destiny will be asked what anointing they got for destiny.

Well, I know Bishop Wale Oke more than you think.

Joagbaje:

Jude 1:10
But these speak evil of those things which they know not:but what they know naturally. . .

This scriptures should be directed at people of its context. You know what I'm taking about. I don't want to generate another controversy by calling names.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by akagaba(f): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Thank u great man of God, u truly hav d spirit and knowlege of God. If ther was anythng higher than d jets, i wud only recomend it 4 pastors and children of God. Those who criticize pastors of havin private jet ar not only sufferin frm ignorance bt frm "poverty mentality". So disapointed at Goshen360, used 2hold him in high esteem bt he's just told me dat he d oposite of wat i used 2thnk abt him, tu fia kwa. Hosea 4 vs 6 said it all.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Goshen360(m): 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
akagaba: Thank u great man of God, u truly hav d spirit and knowlege of God. If ther was anythng higher than d jets, i wud only recomend it 4 pastors and children of God. Those who criticize pastors of havin private jet ar not only sufferin frm ignorance bt frm "poverty mentality". So disapointed at Goshen360, used 2hold him in high esteem bt he's just told me dat he d oposite of wat i used 2thnk abt him, tu fia kwa. Hosea 4 vs 6 said it all.

My sister, you don't have to bring sentiments and emotion into the word of God. First, I'm not poor neither do I have poverty mentality. As a matter of fact, (without boasting) I'm rich by God's Grace and I'm not just talking about spiritual riches or being rich by 'faith'; I'm rich in materials blessings. I believe in wealth and riches but the life of a man is not in the abundance of his riches. Thanks for holding me to high esteem but first, your focus should be Christ, not me nor any man.

That being said, my stance on private jet is en-capsuled in these words,

Zikkyy:

A space ship to mars is a necessity cos there's no other way to getting there (unless you know how to disappear and appear at any location you so desire). a private jet is an avoidable luxury at this time and it is not a necessity. owning a private jet is not bad, but timing is an issue. a pastor owning a private jet when a much larger percentage of the people around him cannot afford one good meal in a day shows a pastor that is not sensitive to the plight of his people. If you ask me, it is an un-Christlike behavior. It is not a reflection of a man with a conscience.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Joagbaje(m): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360:
Anointing for destiny? Where do you find such in scripture?

That a Christian need anointing to fulfill destiny or what does it mean?

The question first is what do you understand by anointing? Did you ask them what the programme is about. Don't judge a book by the cover

If anointing is needed for destiny to come to past I think you should start questioning the Bible itself because scriptures says, God gives to ALL MEN without finding faults. Then those who are not Christians and have fulfilled their destiny will be asked what anointing they got for destiny.

I don't have detail I formation about this programme you're talking about. It's not wise to speak audaciously of what you have little or no information about. But I can help you with this.
If you have ever cast out devils from people ,you will know that destiny doesn't get fulfilled automatically .there are deeds that can hinder destiny. There are devils that can hinder destiny. There are decisions that cn hinder destiny. Wrong choice of marriage partner can block fulfilment of destiny.So if a man of God comes up with a programme to help people fulfill destiny. You should rather be concerned about what he sees that you don't see, and what he knows that you may not know.
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Goshen360(m): 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
Joagbaje: .

The question first is what do you understand by anointing? Did you ask them what the programme is about. Don't judge a book by the cover

I don't have detail I formation about this programme you're talking about. It's not wise to speak audaciously of what you have little or no information about. But I can help you with this.
If you have ever cast out devils from people ,you will know that destiny doesn't get fulfilled automatically .there are deeds that can hinder destiny. There are devils that can hinder destiny. There are decisions that cn hinder destiny. Wrong choice of marriage partner can block fulfilment of destiny.So if a man of God comes up with a programme to help people fulfill destiny. You should rather be concerned about what he sees that you don't see, and what he knows that you may not know.

Joe my brother. I'm sorry if I offend you and 'some' of these preachers. I do not intend to argue if we can't talk scriptures. You and I have argued these demon casting of a thing in the past. Are you still telling me/us that Christians are possessed by demons? or those who haven't come to believe in Christ? Why do you tie many unfulfilled destinies to demons and those things you mentioned. Do you even understand that EVERY Christian in anointed in their own proportions and according to how the Spirit wills?

You said I should be concerned about what he sees that I don't see. Okay, this I agree with you! However, whatever he sees cannot be outside God's word else anybody can come to Christians claiming they see something. What I'm simply saying is, there's nothing like ANOINTING for DESTINY. Besides, you asked me what I understand about Anointing. I think you shouldn't ask that but rather what scripture says it is - It is the enabling Power of God by or through the Holy Spirit to function in the Spiritual gifts.

Now, my question, if Christians need anointing for destiny or whatever, what then is the anointing that Christian had already received meant for when they came to Christ? And by what anointing are those who are not Christians doing what God had created them to do?
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Joagbaje(m): 7:52am On Jan 14, 2013
Goshen360:
Joe my brother. I'm sorry if I offend you and 'some' of these preachers. I do not intend to argue if we can't talk scriptures. You and I have argued these demon casting of a thing in the pas

The holygjost is the one leading us into all truth .Everything is not written in scriptures. But the principles are there

Are you still telling me/us that Christians are possessed by demons? or those who haven't come to believe in Christ?

I may nt use the word POSSESS. but many christian have demons in them. I cast demons out of Christians mostly. Because even if I meet and umbeliever who is sick or has a demon. I have to lead him to salvation first.

Why do you tie many unfulfilled destinies to demons and those things you mentioned

We are responsible for our lives. God I not responsible. He only show us his word . It' is left to individuals what we do with our lives. Destinies don't get fulfilled by itself. Thetre are many Unfilfilled destiny and purpose. by wrong choices and affliction of the enemy. Satan do resist destinies.hes an accuser .

Zechariah 3:1
And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Moses didn't fulfill his destiny. And many others . Some individual sub don't even get to know what their destiny is. Some people destiny have been destroy by parents. They forced him to study engineering or medicine but he was meant to be an actor or economist. Destiny gone! I've met some people who hated their parents for the wrong decision that put them in the life mess."I used to be good at so and so ,but my patents took my life from me" you don't know what a pastor sees. Demons can destroy destinies . I just ministered to a wonderful christian lady yesterday . They have spent so much many. On operation. Over 4million naira in one week . They cut off her gal bladder.saying she had entered menopause. I told her the problem is demonic. By the time I started ,the demon began to speak . Claiming he had destroys many of her organs in the body . And she must die ,she cannot marry. (She's about forty years ) . The spirit was cast out. She could walk well now.if she had not been ministered to,she would have died and destiny unfulfilled . You don't know what a pastor sees. Now based on all these ,if a pastor comes with a program to help people navigate the self back to Gods destiny which they have misses. It's based on his understanding of people problem. Not every body fulfil destiny. Moses did not fulfil his destiny.

Do you even understand that EVERY Christian in anointed in their own proportions and according to how the Spirit wills?

There different kinds of anointings. There is anointing for living , there's anointing for ministry etc. what is anointing? It's ability ,grace, grace can be imparted. You could have said we all have grace. We have to differentiate between the general and the specific .

You said I should be concerned about what he sees that I don't see. Okay, this I agree with you! However, whatever he sees cannot be outside God's word else anybody can come to Christians claiming they see something. What I'm simply saying is, there's nothing like ANOINTING for DESTINY.

What I mean by seeing is, the experience and torment people go through. Programs are born out of heaven burden. Burden for the lost ,burden for the sick ,the unmarried, etc.

Besides, you asked me what I understand about Anointing. I think you shouldn't ask that but rather what scripture says it is - It is the enabling Power of God by or through the Holy Spirit to function in the Spiritual gifts.

It's the work of the Holy Spirit ,yet it can be imparted by man .

Romans 1:11
For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Now, my question, if Christians need anointing for destiny or whatever, what then is the anointing that Christian had already received meant for when they came to Christ? And by what anointing are those who are not Christians doing what God had created them to do?

I will give some examples . It's just like FAITH . We all have faith . By faith we got saved.

Romans 12:3
. . . God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

But that doesn't mean we have the faith to deal with every problem of life . You need to have more faith. Someone may say "I already have faith". He needs revelation for the kind of faith to deal with that particular situation.

secondly christ within. How would paul be praying for Christians to have christ

Ephesians 3:17
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;. .,

Thirdly WISDOM.

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

But the il had already said we have wisdom and that christ is wisdom in us. Why should we pray for wisdom.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom.

Or how do you reconcile the love of God shed abroad. With us been rooted in love.

Romans 5:5
. . love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Ephesians 3:19
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

You may give excuse for Paul that he must know what's talking about. The same way you should give excuse to this man too an be careful enough to know his perspective. Lest we enter into the error of judging
Re: Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke by Yooguyz: 9:52am On Jan 14, 2013
@goshen360, i know your position wrt private jet,prosperity gospel, money e.t.c. I myself am against pastors living extravagant lives in the name of prosperity gospel but the tone of your write up was sort of like castigating the v.p of CAN because of his position on pastors who own private jet....
Well like they say don't be shocked but be disappointed

(1) (Reply)

When Will I Find God / Christmas Craze Part 1; Atheists Are Not So Materialist Now....haha / Christians, How Has My Father Wronged You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.