Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe (848 Views)

Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls / The Runaway Spouse / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by AceVentura: 6:51am On Jan 13, 2013
A 13-year-old boy who lives in Italy with his adoptive parents took his father's Mercedes and drove more than 800 km (500 miles) through Europe in an apparent attempt to reach his birth family in Poland, Italian police said on Saturday.

He set off on Thursday afternoon from the small town of Pederobba in northern Italy with 200 euros in his pocket and drove the high-powered automatic car for almost 24 hours before being stopped by German police on a motorway near Leipzig.

"The boy's sister and natural parents are in Poland and it seems he was going there to meet his sister," said an Italian police spokeswoman.

Media reports said the boy had an argument on Thursday afternoon with his adoptive mother.

"The boy has told his parents he is sorry and has recognized he was in the wrong," the police spokeswoman said, adding that he was on his way back to Italy.

According to newspaper reports the boy loved cars and was an expert go-kart driver. grin

Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by 2Legit2Qui: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2013
This will sure make it to NairaLand front page.
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:47am On Jan 13, 2013
Runaway boy.
Ace Ventura: A 13-year-old boy who lives in Italy with his adoptive parents took his father's Mercedes and drove more than 800 km (500 miles) through Europe in an apparent attempt to reach his birth family in Poland, Italian police said on Saturday.

He set off on Thursday afternoon from the small town of Pederobba in northern Italy with 200 euros in his pocket and drove the high-powered automatic car for almost 24 hours before being stopped by German police on a motorway near Leipzig.

"The boy's sister and natural parents are in Poland and it seems he was going there to meet his sister," said an Italian police spokeswoman.

Media reports said the boy had an argument on Thursday afternoon with his adoptive mother.

"The boy has told his parents he is sorry and has recognized he was in the wrong," the police spokeswoman said, adding that he was on his way back to Italy.

According to newspaper reports the boy loved cars and was an expert go-kart driver. grin
source?
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by jmoore(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2013
heard it on bbc radio, he stopped twice to refuel the car yet no one raised an alarm. The most surprising thing is his age and how he drove that long
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Good boy... grin grin
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by AceVentura: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Runaway boy.
source?

Sir, I got my post from reuters
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ace Ventura:

Sir, I got my post from reuters
Ok. Then post the link to that reuters source.
Re: Runaway Boy, 13, Drives Father's Mercedes Across Europe by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kids get their learners licence and starts to drive at 14yrs ( junior high)..,,,,, but with grown up in the vehicle which they get away with most times..... mine already told me she wants a F150 (truck ) when she gets her learners grin

OP, he's a boy and determined .... that age is the most challenging in kids life, very rebellious .....if its a girl , she would have given up and called home with the loudest 'I'm sorry daddy pls pick me up' grin unless she eloped with a boyfriend embarassed

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips On How To Keep Your Man / Urgent Request For An Housekeeper For A Short Period.08023712488 / Photo: Femi & Yeni Kuti Celebrate Their Grandma As She Turns 93

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.