Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:12 AM

The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone (1462 Views)

Am I An Atheist? / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 9:52am On Jan 13, 2013
^^ The mod changed the header from 'prosti.tute' to 'lovepedler'. This does not adequately capture the phrase used to describe people like me by xtians. So I have instead used 'rolling stone; another term often used by the more 'enlightened' pastors to rebuke their congregation who hop from church to church

I have been a church pros.titute for as long as I had the chance to escape from my parents wings
Not the type of church prost.titute in search for miracles,
No... It was more of a search for knowledge and freedom from dogmas
I tried various churches including Dominion Assembly, Christ embassy, methodist, catholic, Reedemed, Winners, House on the Rock.. name it
It has been a beautiful experience for me as I noticed the glaring contradictions in their doctrines and visions

It stirred in me questions of which many have thankfully been answered
it also helped me pull down the mental pedestals in which some pastors are held in awe

I have long come to realise that pastors are just like you and I -full of faults
some pastors acknowledge this, others dont
I have come to realise that my prayers are as much effective as those of the pastors (whether it works or not)
Yes indeed, pastors are only as special as we make them out to be

I now realise that followers do themselves the greatest disservice when they trudge on blindly like sheep in need of masters apart from christ
hoping that the pastors have a special key to unlock heavens bounty on them
and believing that failure to become footstools for the pastors could lead to the gates of prosperity being shut against them by the heavens

2 Likes

Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Toktee(m): 9:58am On Jan 13, 2013
Unbeliever,may God open your spiritual eyes to see,as for now,u are spiritually blind and empty
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2013
I now know that pastors are important because of their leadership skills,
their ability to gather followers into acheiving a vision or goal
They are also important because somewhere in their teaching, whether erroneous or smart lies the Spirit actually speaking to some of our issues
Much like what you would get when you read through the bible

Its not that the Spirit cant reveal these things to us directly, he actually does
its just that we are many times distracted outside the church. The church therefore provides an oppurtunity to concentrate on hearing from God

I have learnt that many times, the pastor says many things from his carnal flesh -afterall his job is to talk, and you would do the same if in his shoes
interestingly many followers take in everything hook, line and sinker
and end up becoming more and more like their pastor. Exchanging their faulty thinking for that of their pastor's

2 Likes

Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:06am On Jan 13, 2013
Toktee: Unbeliever,may God open your spiritual eyes to see,as for now,u are spiritually blind and empty

Amen
On 2nd thoughts, I'll treat u the way ur pastor would, and ignore u
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2013
-So if a pastor beilieves that women should not wear ear rings, it becomes the dogma of the followers
-if the pastor believes that cowries are a sign of witchcraft, they think the same and harass a journalist that the see wearing it and getting close to their pastor
-if their pastor believes in slapping out witchcraft, they pounce on their hapless househelps that they've seen wandering around in their dreams
-if their pastor believes in chucking out their wives, they are comfortable in exchanging one nollywood actress for the next
-if their pastor believes in pulling money from thiefing sources, then they take to the internet -scamming money, and to their work coffers -pilfering money

The followers are made into the image of the pastor. This is what I have seen

I am no saint, and would probably do worse as a pastor, but what I find discomforting is the blind loyalty to the pastors, almost like they are indeed God himself.
Loyalty, I do not despise.
But a situation where one is blind, and does not know this, and even goes further to theorise within his or her blindness is scary.

1 Like

Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by AtheistD(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2013
Why must an individual stick to only one church? Wouldnt it be wiser to atend multie churches so that one can attain knowledge from different churches?
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:17am On Jan 13, 2013
Followers are called followers for a reason, and so are leaders
dogs bark, lions roar
So what can I say?

But maybe my article calls specifically to those who stand at the verge of reasoning and 'asking questions'
to those who stop to think.
Yes indeed, u have found this article at the right time.

I have administered healing unto myself without a pastor, I have fallen on the ground in convulsing praise without a pastor. I do not see a special financial breakthrough in folks that have held on to their pastors, -none that I have not received without the laying of hands by a pastor

I have seen a big-time teleenvangelist pastor (one with a private jet) pray on my contract, and even anoint it with oil without any results. If it had worked, I probably would have given him more than a tithe of my earning
(Thank God it didnt work, otherwise I might have been a blind believer by now)

1 Like

Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by thaoriginator: 10:25am On Jan 13, 2013
Pray directly to your God, he can hear you and he answers.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2013
In summary, my church prosti.tution has been very usefull. Almost like a research
It has helped me see beyond the walls of the dogma I was born into.
It has freed my mind to listening and reasoning beyond limitation. I guess that is just the way God created it to be

I do not suggest you move from church to church, neither am I saying you shouldn't.
All I am saying, is that this is not the time to gather and stick-to-death stupidly to fellow men that you are probably more intelligent (I am not saying educated) than:
-Men that might tell you that the Sun rotates around the earth, when it is glaringly erroneous

When they tell you this, smile and thank God
Thank God that you are no longer under their spell. Thank God that you are plugged in directly to his Spirit
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 10:35am On Jan 13, 2013
So now I find myself wanting to settle down
to be a member of a church, a young church where I can guide the pastor
teach him to avoid folly; teach him to teach the flock that they all have access to God, and that he is only there as a convener, not a facilitator
teach him to avoid the pride of heart
whisper in his ears that he is but a mere mortal and not God, as was whispered to Ceaser

These learnings has to be shared.
... I see my church prost.itution days coming to an end.
Thank God for the experience
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2013
God made humans, later regretted why he did, made strict rules, caused Satan to go to earth and corrupt the two humans, caused the two humans and all their descendants to be cursed, decided that they could come to him if blood was spilled, then sent his son to die to appease his own blood lust so that humans wouldn't be cursed by the curse God(himself) once gave them.... Problem?? so much Problem attached with religion.

-- Proudly Atheist.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 11:25am On Jan 13, 2013
991: God made humans, later regretted why he did, made strict rules, caused Satan to go to earth and corrupt the two humans, caused the two humans and all their descendants to be cursed, decided that they could come to him if blood was spilled, then sent his son to die to appease his own blood lust so that humans wouldn't be cursed by the curse God(himself) once gave them.... Problem?? so much Problem attached with religion.

-- Proudly Atheist.

Interesting isn't it?
I have asked questions similar to this in the past. To fellow xtians, and in my meditation with God

Such questions are the type that my fellow xtians won't or can't answer
Instead of admitting it, many attack folks who ask such intelligent questions and go as far as calling them 'FOOLS'
that is untill their pastors provide an answer smiley

As for me, maybe I don't have an answer to the question, and proudly admit it
or maybe I have an answer, but would rather keep it to myself probably because I have a strong urge deep within not to share, at least not yet

You probably could direct such inquiry to HIM, whoever HE may be
if HE did it all, then an aswer to your question shouldn't be an issue with HIM
That's my take

1 Like

Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 11:35am On Jan 13, 2013
esere826: In summary, my church prosti.tution has been very usefull.

ok, good for you then.

anything else you want us to know?
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2013
esere826: So now I find myself wanting to settle down
teach him to avoid folly; teach him to teach the flock that they all have access to God, and that he is only there as a convener, not a facilitator
whisper in his ears that he is but a mere mortal and not God, as was whispered to Ceaser

God punish devil.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 11:39am On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:
ok, good for you then.
anything else you want us to know?
Jesus loves u, and so do I wink
God punish devil.

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Coldfaya(m): 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
In pigin; Church ashawo abi? angry grin

Well I bet u've gained some experiences in ur yrs of hovering around. Good 4 u
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Cold faya: In pigin; Church ashawo abi? angry grin

LOL
Well I bet u've gained some experiences in ur yrs of hovering around. Good 4 u
Yes o. So much 'research' experience
For example, Imagine attending two different churches where their pastors are quarrelling
imagine how the 'mumu' (grin just kidding) followers are busy nodding and agreeing to the explanations from their respective pastors
and player hating each others pastor

You become thankfull that u have no loyalty to either side, but rather u can consider urself an unbiased observer
in all of these, people are still worshipping calmly and deligently

Conclusion drawn:
-God must really consider humans as silly kids fighting over toys or women squabbling over silly things such as "why did she not greet me"
-God is probably not bothered about the pastors egos, he has more important things to tend to
-As far he's concerned, the fights are same as any church follower would have with another

.....So much conclusion to be drawn
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Ishilove: 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
Esere e be like sey you no go church, shey? Welldone o, God is watching you on 4D
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Coldfaya(m): 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hmmm....talking about loyalty, we know some ppl r more loyal to pastors than God.

Abeg mk I nor think plenty like u cos dat road far joor.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ishilove: Esere e be like sey you no go church, shey? Welldone o, God is watching you on 4D

My dear, I didnt go oo, make i tok true
I be no get enough money for offering, so I decided not to occupy space. I'll buy the tape later
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Cold faya: Hmmm....talking about loyalty, we know some ppl r more loyal to pastors than God.

Abeg mk I nor think plenty like u cos dat road far joor.

the road far well, well
even me don tire, nas why i wan settle down pass baton to another person

I don tire to dey think. I no be lecturer or social activist
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2013
Maybe you're a witch for jesus?
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
esere826:
Jesus loves u, and so do I wink

ROTFLMAO grin grin

Not sure which jesus you're referring to, definitely not the one in the bible.

Therefore, love yourself and that's how you'll stop hopping around looking for love.

You will never find in others what you yourself lack, in this regard. It doesnt work that way.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
You probably thought you were feeling funky, with the thread, but you exposed more about yourself than you possibly intended.

Sorry for your problems.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:
Maybe you're a witch for jesus?

*docks slap while petched on an olive leaf enroute to Jerusalem and falls down laughing*

lol @tpia, abeg no let laugh kill me o, grin grin

*clambers back on the olive leaf*
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:

Not sure which jesus you're referring to, definitely not the one in the bible.
Thank God the bible is not in the keeps of a few.

Therefore, love yourself and that's how you'll stop hopping around looking for love.

You will never find in others what you yourself lack, in this regard. It doesnt work that way.

umh........
looking for love? undecided
What I lack? lol
o dear
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by tpia5: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Obviously, you're looking for some hapless christian who will "dock" you, hopefully its your type who will do so.

Like attracts like.

You said you're a p.rostitute, not so?

Now you want to settle down, no crime in that.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:
You probably thought you were feeling funky, with the thread, but you exposed more about yourself than you possibly intended.

Sorry for your problems.

funky?
hapless?
exposed?
problems?

Jeez!!
from whence thou commest?
scurry behind me now dearest
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
esere826:

funky?
hapless?
exposed?
problems?

Jeez!!
from whence thou commest?
scurry behind me now dearest
grin
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by ow11(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
esere826: So now I find myself wanting to settle down

Why do you think your views is not another dogma? Why would your counsel alone teach another pastor to avoid the known folly you have identified and not probably fall into another you haven't seen or thought to exist?

I actually agree with the OP and submit that a lot of 'pharisee evangelical christians' actually need to visit other churches (with a different worship style) for a sunday or two. With the same open minds they do theirs of course!
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by omosexy1: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
Well done esere for pointing out clearly the reality of religion. It is good you experienced them first hand and now you can never be confused or deceived again. I almost gave up attending the university because of religion back when I was in the university (thank God I did not). True salvation is not experienced by sitting down on a sunday sermon and listening to your so called MOG. You have to experience it, you have to feel it, only then would you truly be saved. Not by repetition of some crammed words of a MOG. Look deep into yourself, the very answer you seek is there. Do not look at your MOG, he cannot save you because he is even yet to save himself. Our Goal to know God can truly be answered, for when the student is ready, the master appears.
Re: The Church And I: An Article From A Church RollingStone by esere826: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
ow11:

Why do you think your views is not another dogma? Why would your counsel alone teach another pastor to avoid the known folly you have identified and not probably fall into another you haven't seen or thought to exist?

I agree totally with u, but i guess that is just the way life is
you exchange an older wine skin for a newer one. The new wine skin soon becomes old with time. And with you ageing, you become attached to it and cant let go

Someone else then has to exchange your old wine skin for a newer one, and on and on it goes, from glory to glory

I guess the greatest challenge is when everyone is comfortable with the old wine skin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evangelism 4 - Prepared vessel / Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria / A House For All Sinners And Saints (pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.