Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? (5475 Views)

Is There Really Life After Death? / Truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies? / Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Matildahenshaw(f): 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hmmmmm pls dont cut my neck.....but i need your views(both my fellow xtians nd d muslims.....as a middle-belt nd better still a josite,it is a known fact that we(plateau) possess very high numbers of xtians and muslims followers....everytym i try 2 share ideas with d muslim cunterparts,d best they can say is d bible is corrupt nd filled with contradictions...where these corruption nd contradictions lies is wat av not been told yet...so dat civilised nd matured muslim dat do knw should point out d verse nd also quote it clearly....dis is urgent....
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by MEERLEEQ: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
Matilda henshaw: Hmmmmm pls dont cut my neck.....but i need your views(both my fellow xtians nd d muslims.....as a middle-belt nd better still a josite,it is a known fact that we(plateau) possess very high numbers of xtians and muslims followers....everytym i try 2 share ideas with d muslim cunterparts,d best they can say is d bible is corrupt nd filled with contradictions...where these corruption nd contradictions lies is wat av not been told yet...so dat civilised nd matured muslim dat do knw should point out d verse nd also quote it clearly....dis is urgent....
lollzz there are so many contradiction in that book named bible
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Toktee(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
MEERLEEQ: lollzz there are so many contradiction in that book named bible
if you thnk bible is contradicting,try the confused book giving by the devil called quaran,and i believe that you are an unbeliever,a believer cnnt said bible is contradicting,...but you can gve instances and facts to substantiate ur argurment
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Matildahenshaw(f): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
MEERLEEQ: lollzz there are so many contradiction in that book named bible
what are d contradictions dumbass?
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Matildahenshaw(f): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Toktee: if you thnk bible is contradicting,try the confused book giving by the devil called quaran,and i believe that you are an unbeliever,a believer cnnt said bible is contradicting,...but you can gve instances and facts to substantiate ur argurment
haha on point jawe.......
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by KhadijaMasud(f): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Toktee: if you thnk bible is contradicting,try the confused book giving by the devil called quaran,and i believe that you are an unbeliever,a believer cnnt said bible is contradicting,...but you can gve instances and facts to substantiate ur argurment
off key please go get a life.....QURAN IS A REVELATION FREE FROM DECEPTIONS,CONTRADICTIONS WHICH R FEATURES OF D BIBLE....D FACT IS THERE IS NO SINGLE ERROR IN D HOLY ND NOBLE QUR'AN Y THERE R SO MANY IN DA BIBLE.....WELL DONT BLAME U GUYS WAT WIL U EXPECT WEN D REAL BIBLE IS NO MORE IN EXISTENCE BUT SOME DOWNHEAD VERSIONS DAT ARE WRITTEN TO FAVOUR D WRITERS
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Matildahenshaw(f): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Khadija Mas'ud :
off key please go get a life.....QURAN IS A REVELATION FREE FROM DECEPTIONS,CONTRADICTIONS WHICH R FEATURES OF D BIBLE....D FACT IS THERE IS NO SINGLE ERROR IN D HOLY ND NOBLE QUR'AN Y THERE R SO MANY IN DA BIBLE.....WELL DONT BLAME U GUYS WAT WIL U EXPECT WEN D REAL BIBLE IS NO MORE IN EXISTENCE BUT SOME DOWNHEAD VERSIONS DAT ARE WRITTEN TO FAVOUR D WRITERS
mtschewwww u guys are lame,,,,simple english ''where r d contradictions'..some dump buddys just post stuff nd u guys start abiding by it,without good research
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Delafruita(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
Matilda henshaw: what are d contradictions dumbass?

the account of the birth of jesus by matthew and luke is contradictory.infact matthew claims jesus was born around 6BC while luke claims he was born around 6AD.

the account of what happpened after his birth is contradictory.matthew claims herod wanted to kill him and they fled to egypt.luke claims they stayed till he was circumsised after which they returned to nezareth.

the account of his last words are contradictory in the accounts of matthew,luke and john.

when you're done with those ones,ask for more and ye shall receive

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
Matildahenshaw why did u abandon ur thread?
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
@Delafruita, can you please specify exactly what chapter and what verse of mathew you found the account that Our Lord jesus was born on 6BC and the chapter verse that luke said Our Lord Jesus was born on 6AC.
You said again that again that mathew said tbe parents of Jesus fled to egpyt when herod wanted to kill him but luke said gave a different account but never said he didn't flee to egypt. Well, its simple.
If i have four eye witness to an incidence and all four were called to come and give account of what they saw, its very possible that the four of them will not pick every details of the incidence. There are details one will see as relecant while others might see the same details as irrelevant but what is most important is that the core of the accounts of all four is saying the same thing.
Let me ask you a simple question, An incidence happened and 20 eye witness are giving the same account and one came and gave a witness contrary to all 20 other witness. Who will you believe?
You see this is the problem of islam. over 30 prophets that lived between the period of over 2000 years got message from God and all are saying the same message which is this Man has fallen short of the glory God. He has nope hope of saving himself but he is lost. God the father promise to save man by sending his son into the world to deliver man kind from this hopelesness by dying in their place and bring many people to that glory. From genesis 1:1 to the last book of revelation keeps repeating the same thing.
But one so called prophet just came from no where and said God said he is no longer using the same method of salvation anymore and tells you that the same God has denounced the message of all 30 witness, and you guys believed just one man. wao! That is terrible and folly!
You see, you can never seperate the message Moses, joshua, samuel, jeremaiah and all the other prophets of the bible from one another because they all said the same thing. verse to verse, chapter to chapter.
The testimony of three or more witness is true but the testimony of just one man? run for your soul

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
Further more, you muslims said the bible is currupt and there are so many contracdictions in it. Thats a devlish lie. You know why you guys decided to use that as a defence to the Quaran? Because you muslims tried so hard to make people believe you worship the same God that the Abraham, moses, isaac, jacob and so on worshiped in the old testament but every attempt muslims made to make people believe this falsehood has been rubbished by clear passages of the old testament scriptures so because of this, they quickly came out to say the bible has been currupted. That is total nonsense.
The Quaran from inception is Anti old testament message book. It denies the very teachings of the old testament.
The God revealed to us by the prophet moses is very contrary to the god revealed to us by prophet mohammed.
The character of God revealed to us by the prophets of old testament is the opposite of the one revealed by the quaran.
Moses told us that God the son in human form appeared to him in the burning bush and he moses whom the quaran respects so much as a true prophet identified Jesus chris as God the son who appeard to him in the burning bush but the message of the quaran denies this.
Moses was the first prophet that taught trinity and mohammed denied this. Infact the old testament taught us that by one man Adam meaning man, sin death came into the world and by the last Adam, life and righteousness came back to life but the quaran denies it by just one witness called mohammed.
Moses message was that without the sheding of blood, your sins can not be forgiven but quaran said his own god doesn't require that. The old testament taught us hat God almighty wants us to have his own divine nature which he created us with in the garden of eden but this message is allien to the quaran. The old testament taught us that God's chief will for man is that they carry his own very image and he himselfs sanctifies us so that by the time we live this word, we will be pure without any nature of sin but the quaran , all it taught was religion.
I think you muslims should be more concern by the sharp contrast in the message if both the bible and the quaran because both preached message that are opposing to each other.
As for contradictions, tell me any in the bible and i will respond to you but are you sure you can responds to tons of contracdiction in the quaran? i have loads of them including the ones boko haram are holding onto to commiting all its jihad attrocities. i will repond to any you trow at me and you responds to the ones i trow at you. Quaran is anti christ!

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
Christians be like " their are no contradictions in the bible but the quran is filled with contradictions... Muslims be like their are no contradictions in the quran but the bible is filled with contradictions" grin lmao... chai... nawa ooo.
Dang you all are correct, those two ancient primitive books are wreaking of implausible fables, myths, contradictions, atrocities and some good stuffs.
But none of you have the eyes to see the flaws in urs but ur eyes are always open to point out the other...

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 11:14am On Feb 04, 2015
@johnydon22, If our gospel be hid, it its hid to them that are lost whom the god of this workd has blinded their eyes lest the light of the gospel should shime into their eyes and they be saved.
I can see yiur eyes has been blinded.
I will ask you a simple question. Do you believe evil and darkness exist? Do you believe at the entetance of light, darkness gives way?
In your own sense do you believe that darkness and evil is bad? well i believe even the most ignorant person in this world believe so.
The message if the bible is simple.
God created man in his image and his likeness to be holy(light) like him and man lost that nature in Adam in the garden of eden. God sent his own son into the world to restore man back to that nature by his son offering himself to die for their sins on the cross thereby detroying the work of the devil.
This is the mesage taught from genesis to revelation and it takes a spiritually alive soul to see it, not a dead soul.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 11:18am On Feb 04, 2015
ladon1:
@johnydon22, If our gospel be hid, it its hid to them that are lost whom the god of this workd has blinded their eyes lest the light of the gospel should shime into their eyes and they be saved.
I will ask you a simple question. Do you believe evil and darkness exist? Do you believe at the entetance of light, darkness gives way?
In your own sense do you believe that darkness and evil is bad? well i believe even the most ignorant person in this world believe so.
God created man in his image and his likeness to be holy(light) like him and man lost that nature in Adam in the garden of eden. God sent his own son into the world to restore man back to that nature by his son offering himself to die for their sins on the cross thereby detroying the work of the devil.
This is the mesage taught from genesis to revelation and it takes a spiritually alive soul to see it, not a dead soul.

Nawa oooo... cant believed this guy just mentioned me in this shiit..
Is evil an entity? . . . what exactly do you mean by darkness...
lmao using the story of adam and eve where a snake talked... exactly the implausible fables and myth i was talking about...
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Lucario007(m): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
ladon1:

Wow. So a soul can die. Interesting. Do they also require sustenance and food?
Or are they only alive if you believe in the tale of how Adam's rib clone was deceived by a talking snake into eating a magical fruit that damned all of mankind to eternal torment in a giant pit of flames controlled by a fallen angel called Luficer?

Oh, that's right, you can be saved if you believe the the Son of the Holy creator who is also a divine ghost and the creator himself, died, and then came back as a zombie to bring light and salvation to all of humanity.

Hmm. Cool story bro.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lucario007:

Wow. So a soul can die. Interesting. Do they also require sustenance and food?
Or are they only alive if you believe in the tale of how Adam's rib clone was deceived by a talking snake into eating a magical fruit that damned all of mankind to eternal torment in a giant pit of flames controlled by a fallen angel called Luficer?

Oh, that's right, you can be saved if you believe the the Son of the Holy creator who is also a divine ghost and the creator himself, died, and then came back as a zombie to bring light and salvation to all of humanity.

Hmm. Cool story bro.
nnaaaa eeehn i just tire to reply thr guy....
A god condemn every human on earth even generations yet unborn because some human ate an apple bcus a talkng snake told her to...WTF is that anything close to love at all?
even tho its plain myth it still speaks very ill of this god whatever it is...
common its just an apple why dah Bleep make a big deal out of thr shiit...
I wonder how an all powerful being still needs humans to write implausible stories based on assumptions about it.. when a mosquito is quite more effective than this all powerful tyrant.
Am still wondering when people will see that its all a jewish myth just like the egyptian and greek mythology...and stop buying those crap as truth

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Empiree: 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
Acts 3:13 English Standard Version
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him.

New King James Version
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

King James Version
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The Message
The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his Son Jesus. The very One that Pilate called innocent, you repudiated.

All other Bibles i have wrote "servant Jesus". These are different descriptions

My question is, is Jesus servant of God or son of God ?
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
That you are a son, does it means that you can't server your father? hmn.
luke 15:29 answers your question.
Anyway, serving is an allien thing to Nigerians. That is why son of the soils assume office without serving their father land.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Well, it just confirmed that sonship to God is allien to your religion. You see why christianity is a must. it grants you adoption into the family of God. It conforms you to the holy nature of God. This is the will of the God of Abraham, isaac, and jacob. Christianity makes sinners partake of the divine nature of God. All these is absent in your religion. Or isn't it? lol!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Empiree: 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
ladon1:
That you are a son, does it means that you can't server your father? hmn.
luke 15:29 answers your question.
Anyway, serving is an allien thing to Nigerians. That is why son of the soils assume office without serving their father land.
bro, these are different bibles. some say he's SERVANT OF GOD others say he's SON OF GOD. Luke 15:29 you referenced is about parables not status of Jesus. Act 3:13 talks about who Jesus is, SERVANT or SON?.

And besides, many Christians believe Jesus is God anyways. So what you talking about. Watch this from 8minutes to see the question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDz1E5aBBeU

Besides what's the nonsense about "serving" being alien to nigerians. Anything new about it?
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Rilwayne001: 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
@OP Matildahenshaw

Contradiction 1

Mar 6:8 These were his instructions: "Take nothing for the journey except a staff-- no bread, no bag, no money in your belts.

AND

Mat 10:9-10 Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Mr, What is contradictory in a son also serving a father? I showed yiu a portion of the bible where an elderly son coming to lament before his father saying how much he has served him so is someone that served not a servant? So if a son served his father, can't he be called a servant or a son?
If i have a son who also happens to be my spokeman, can't that son be addressed as either a son or my spokeman?
Jesus christ said i didn't come to do my will but the will of him that sent me so he came into the world to serve his father so the title of son and servant can be used in his relationship to his father interchageably. So where is the contradiction here?
Are there no sons of the devil? What do sons of the devil do? serve the devil.
There are no middle ground. Its either you are a son of God or you are a son of the devil. I don't know which side of the divide you fall. As for me i am a son of God.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
ladon1:
Mr, What is contradictory in a son also serving a father? I showed yiu a portion of the bible where an elderly son coming to lament before his father saying how much he has served him so is someone that served not a servant? So if a son served his father, can't he be called a servant or a son?
If i have a son who also happens to be my spokeman, can't that son be addressed as either a son or my spokeman?
Jesus christ said i didn't come to do my will but the will of him that sent me so he came into the world to serve his father so the title of son and servant can be used in his relationship to his father interchageably. So where is the contradiction here?
Are there no sons of the devil? What do sons of the devil do? serve the devil.
There are no middle ground. Its either you are a son of God or you are a son of the devil. I don't know which side of the divide you fall. As for me i am a son of God.

habaaaa a son called a servant? nawa ooo..

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
@Rilwane001, you read wrongly. Mat 10:9-10.
9: Get you no gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses;
10: no wallet for your journey, now watch this (neither two(2) coats nor shoes, nor staff.
proper english interpretation
neither take two coats, nor two shoes nor two staff.
The neither here tells us that Jesus was telling the twelve not to carry more than one coats and more than one shoes and more than one staff.. You see that the problem is you, not our bi?ble.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Empiree: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
johnydon22:
habaaaa a son called a servant? nawa ooo..
You dey mind them grin

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
Empiree:
You dey mind them grin
guy u nid to see a doctor! Go read abt d trinity, as far as anybody u meet dere is notin as complete as d bible. D koran and hadith is filled wif muhammed (disaster be upon him) sexual karma sutra. D guy gave aisha a dodgy style and it was written, a grl of six washing semen on d cloth of d said false "prophet". Oga y don't ya guys go edit d koran from its flaws so many of dem. Its nufin to be ashamed of, if dat will bring peace to d world.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Muslims in the house, can you tell us how many days it actually took Allah to create heaven and earth.
quaran 7:54 your guardian lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in six days.

quaran 41:9. is it that deny him who created the earth in two days

quaran 4:10. he sets on the mountain standing firm hih above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion in four days.

quaran 41:12. And he completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
About this.
quaran 22:47. A day in the sight of the lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

quaran 70:4.
The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is fifty thousand years.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by ladon1: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
About this.
quaran 22:47. A day in the sight of the lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

quaran 70:4.
The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is fifty thousand years.

You guys clarify this first then we can move on.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 11:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
Both the bible and the koran are both heavily plagiarized book filled with implausible fables, ancient myths and fabricated histories and anger, hate and atrocities....And the contradictions are overwhelming...
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
If the Scriptural Verses below are not contradictions, then tell us what it is.

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation, but Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.

Deuteronomy 24:16 says: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2.) In 2 Samuel 24:9, it says: And Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

On the other hand, we find in I Chronicles 21:5: And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

3.) In 2 Kings 8:26 we find this statement: “Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. “

In contrast with the above statement we read in 2 Chr. 22:2: “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign... “

4.) In 2 Kings 24:8 it is stated that: “Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign... “

This statement is contradicted by 2 Chr. 36:9 which says: “Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign... “

5.) 1 Kings 4:26 contains this statement: “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

This statement is clearly contradicted by 2 Chronicles 9:25, which says: “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen;”

6.) According to mathew 16:27 & 28; Matt 16:27-28 (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.

7.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the S on of Man never came with his kingdom.

8.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).

9.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 to 23 reads; And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them?

10.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.

11.) Numbers 23:19 says: God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent.

But we read in Genesis 6:6-7: And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

12.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in I Samuel 16:1-4, God commanded Samuel: Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

13.) The book of Exodus 33:20 reports God saying to Moses: Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

1 Timothy 6:16 also says: Whom no man hath seen, nor can see.

But we read a different story in Exodus 24:9-11: Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The Prophet Moses and Aaron and the seventy elders of the Israelites not only saw God with their eyes but also had a feast with him. The above statement makes the Christian God similar to the gods of the idolaters of India, like Krishna.
Re: Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? by johnydon22(m): 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
Zoharariel:
If the Scriptural Verses below are not contradictions, then tell us what it is.

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation, but Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.

Deuteronomy 24:16 says: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2.) In 2 Samuel 24:9, it says: And Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

On the other hand, we find in I Chronicles 21:5: And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

3.) In 2 Kings 8:26 we find this statement: “Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. “

In contrast with the above statement we read in 2 Chr. 22:2: “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign... “

4.) In 2 Kings 24:8 it is stated that: “Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign... “

This statement is contradicted by 2 Chr. 36:9 which says: “Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign... “

5.) 1 Kings 4:26 contains this statement: “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

This statement is clearly contradicted by 2 Chronicles 9:25, which says: “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen;”

6.) According to mathew 16:27 & 28; Matt 16:27-28 (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.

7.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the S on of Man never came with his kingdom.

8.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).

9.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 to 23 reads; And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them?

10.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.

11.) Numbers 23:19 says: God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent.

But we read in Genesis 6:6-7: And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

12.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in I Samuel 16:1-4, God commanded Samuel: Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

13.) The book of Exodus 33:20 reports God saying to Moses: Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

1 Timothy 6:16 also says: Whom no man hath seen, nor can see.

But we read a different story in Exodus 24:9-11: Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The Prophet Moses and Aaron and the seventy elders of the Israelites not only saw God with their eyes but also had a feast with him. The above statement makes the Christian God similar to the gods of the idolaters of India, like Krishna.
Hahahahahaha they will be like "its not contradictions, you need the holy spirit...pray and meditate and it will teach u grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! / How Does The Translation Process Impact The Inspiration, Inerrancy Of The Bible? / Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.