Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,515 members, 7,770,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? (1649 Views)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / The Dinning Table *just How Useful*(SEE PICS) / For MEN: When Last Did You Cry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Duke007(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
I find this very amusing,I Struggle hard to buy my first dining table some years ago.At the intial stage,l always insist on having my meals on it.But now,l care less.By my thinking,I had my meal last on the dining set 5 years ago.Any body else in my shoes?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Duke007(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
I opined that the dining set is a whiteman culture.lt is un-africa like many other things.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by uboma(m): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ op, i share ur thots. Infact my dinning table is covered with dust as i'm typing these lines. I guess it will serve as ornamental purpose for now till...

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by blank(f): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
I dont have a dining table but all the people i know who have them, eat on them.

My mum would have a fit if she saw you not using the diningg or not using a place mat.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Obesity at work cheesy chug everything down on your couch/sofa while you watch back to back episode of 2 and half men on FOX cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Gambrosia: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Christmas time! LOVELY! cool
Different schdules make this almost impossible.
I work nights. . .my husband works days. . . .
So we look forward to such special moments!
DURING THE HOLIDAYS. . . time to give thanks and appreciate eachother! kiss
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 19, 2013
I normally sit on the floor while eating.My dining table is where I sit each time I want to punch my phone buttons,like now.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 19, 2013
This evening.

My parents always had a dining table and 6 chairs when I was growing up. No way would myself and my sisters eat whilst sitting in the lounge, watching TV. And no bolting food down, because there was a programme we didn't want to miss. We ate, and took our time doing so. Our meal times were times the whole family was together.

Now I have a family of my own - the dining set is used at all times. My toddler daughter has outgrown her high chair and table combo, and now sits at the dining table with us, with a high chair, so she can reach. Cutlery is used at all times, bar the odd occasion when we have swallow meals, and tough chicken. We encourage our 30-month-old to do the same, and she's good. She still can't use a table knife yet though, but a spoon or fork in her right hand are the norm.

In my opinion, eating whilst sitting on the couch watching TV is not good practice - both in terms of social etiquette, and from a health viewpoint. That's the best way to disrupt proper digestion, and become lax with what you eat, and when.

Others may well have their own views on this, I've merely stated mine.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by tpia5: 2:40am On Jan 19, 2013
people are generally more relaxed about such things these days, compared to before.

besides, i think strict adherence to dining table etiquette is more of a british or middle/upper class nigerian phenomenon.

these days, there are alternatives to eating at table- eg kitchen islands, recliners with cup holders, etc.

although eating or tossing salad is better at table sha.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by tpia5: 2:44am On Jan 19, 2013
this doesnt look like a dining table:

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by tpia5: 2:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by tpia5: 2:51am On Jan 19, 2013

^these chairs are expensive too

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by PrettyCindy(f): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2013
I prefer eating on the dining table compared to anywhere else as it is more comfortable.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by djeezy(m): 9:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Anywhere I deem fit to eat is my dinning and any table I use is my dinning table.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by hazelle: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2013
I eat most of my food on the dining table...not necessarily with fork and knife, but I still do. It's comfortable.
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2013
DID YOU ATE!!!! This grammer didn't bite you guys when you read it? Na wa ooo! We are really going down o!
Who is the name of Beshiba writes that?
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by hazelle: 11:28am On Jan 19, 2013
@lancaster. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 19, 2013
Pls Mod,there's a blunder in the title,funniest thing is that the op would be among people saying "education standard has fallen".when Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table?
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is me eating during a good program. This was yesterday

Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by korexes(f): 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
When i was little i either eat on the table or under the table
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by slimyem: 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
I can't remember..
I hardly use the dining.
I eat either in my room or in front of the T.V.cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by Duke007(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
lancaster: DID YOU ATE!!!! This grammer didn't bite you guys when you read it? Na wa ooo! We are really going down o!
Who is the name of Beshiba writes that?
@lancaster,pls can u educate me on the right grammar to use.Thanks
Re: When Last Did You Ate Your Meal On Your Dinning Table? by jmoore(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
My laptop is always on the dining table, I will eat there in few hours time. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Goat Delivers Human Like Baby In Ekiti State, Nigeria (photo) / Advice Pls / Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.