Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan (7303 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 / Hurry Up, Jonathan - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 1:26am On Jan 14, 2013
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday assured that the country would not break up despite the activities of a few selfish individuals or groups.

The president said that despite inciting remarks from certain politicians about the possibility of Nigeria disintegrating sooner than later, they would be disappointed as the nation would remain a united entity.

The President made these observations during the Inter-Denominational Church Service to mark the 2013 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebrations at the National Christian Centre in Abuja yesterday.

According to him, only mad couples divorce after 100 years of marriage and Nigeria is not a mad nation, stressing that for the country to get to her desired destination, everyone must be involved, as government alone could not do it neither could the citizens do it alone
Those in attendance at the service included First Lady, Patience Jonathan and President’s mother Eunice; Senate President David Mark, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihidioha, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Anyim Pius Anyim, Service Chiefs, members of the Federal Executive Council, members of the diplomatic corps, members of the private sector and Christians from different denominations.

According to the President, now is the time for Nigerians to rise up in one voice and condemn terrorism and those who preach disintegration.

He lauded the Armed Forces and other security service for their selflessness, adding that despite the number of criticisms that trail some of their actions or perceived inactions, they were doing all within their powers to keep the nation one and in peace, adding that the best gift that could be given to them was support and prayers.

“Some people talk about disintegration of Nigeria, now even at political levels some people take it as a weapon … when they want to discuss politics. But my conviction and I believe that of most people here and those listening to us, is that Nigeria will continue to remain a united nation.

“Nigeria will not disintegrate… I know Nigeria will remain one. In 2014 we will celebrate our centenary, 100 years in existence. It will only take two mad people to stay in marry for 100 years and say that is the time you will divorce and we are not mad. If there are issues that have been brewing over the period and we have been managing, we will continue to manage.

“We will not think about separation. I always say some nations have their own history, sometimes people question the unity of this country especially when they talk about the amalgamation of the north and south in 1914, some big countries have very ugly pasts… it is for us who are alive today to shift our focus and begin to talk about those things that will bring unity, development.

“I always say that Nigeria is great is not because of our oil, because we have people that produce more oil than us but we are appreciated and still reckoned with because of our size and diversity both for human beings and environment. These are areas we should exploit for unity and development.

“So please let us all stand up and condemn those who say otherwise about our unity, those who call for our disintegration or who make similar statements should be condemned by all Nigerians.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110443:nigeria-wont-break-up-says-jonathan&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 1:32am On Jan 14, 2013
Maxymilliano:
According to him, only mad couples divorce after 100 years of marriage and Nigeria is not a mad nation.

Nigeria unity is not negotiable, the country is not a mad nation grin
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by birdman(m): 1:47am On Jan 14, 2013
The fact that Jonathan just said it means the opposite is very likely.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by phransix147(m): 1:51am On Jan 14, 2013
Make e hard pass like dis den see if we no go break?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by okosodo: 5:53am On Jan 14, 2013
I prefer disintegration. Let there be a memorandum

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Kessyy2k4(m): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2013
Nig is sitting on a time-bomb! Gej dont deceive us we knw jawe!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 14, 2013
imagine comparing a marriage union to an entity called nigeria! to add salt in the injury,he said nigeria is not a mad nation.when we have mad and clueless people in the helm of affairs,what do call the government? A MAD AND CLUELESS GOVERNMENT!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by geeez: 6:49am On Jan 14, 2013
Why does GEJ keep saying this? Has anyone said it would?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by miiraaj: 6:58am On Jan 14, 2013
Is he addressing the whole nation or only the church congregation?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by miiraaj: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2013
birdman: The fact that Jonathan just said it means the opposite is very likely.

Na true ooo! Everything about him is reverse

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 14, 2013
geeez: Why does GEJ keep saying this? Has anyone said it would?
from the way things are going in the country,no one needs to tell you that the country is on a verge of disintergrating.i hope america's prediction comes to pass.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2013
I pray the country divides.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 14, 2013
I pray it will dusintegrate

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by holyvirgin: 8:33am On Jan 14, 2013
berem: imagine comparing a marriage union to an entity called nigeria! to add salt in the injury,he said nigeria is not a mad nation.when we have mad and clueless people in the helm of affairs,what do call the government? A MAD AND CLUELESS GOVERNMENT!
Oh please for once reason with your head.
Almagamation of 1914 might be a mistake, but overcoming all difficulties for almost a hundred years is something we should not allow some group of people to destroy. As a nation we must stand firm and focus. Bad leadership may also be a problem but calling the entire government clueless is unacceptable.
Nigeria belongs to us and ranting on a social forum would not change anything.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by TimePiece(f): 8:39am On Jan 14, 2013
Point of correction Mr. President: Marriage without consent is always subject to nullity!
How does this man reason? undecided
I'm not a fervent preacher of disintegration, but believe me, if that's what will put an end to the incessant killing in the north and stop you, GEJ, from always spitting rubbish, then let's go there!
Disintegration is neither good nor bad but the reasons for it.
GEJ, pleeaz! angry
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by excondido(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2013
couples of 100 years have lost all marital commitment and thus activities are at its lowest ebb. comparing nigeria to such a marriage where our leaders excuses nigeria to be young at 100 is unfounded.

Gej should try harder to convince nigerians the fault line is not widening everyday even though i dont advocate schism.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Gbawe: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2013
This guy should really try and talk less.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Super1759: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2013
Gbawe: This guy should really try and talk less.
seriously,he listens to side-talks alot
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Mobinga: 9:05am On Jan 14, 2013
Likening the country to couples. This guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2013
The Reterdeen again. How can the country not break when you always speak to the nation from the church? You think everybody in Nigeria is a chrstian? That alone is enough for some people to dislike you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2013
holyvirgin:
Oh please for once reason with your head.
Almagamation of 1914 might be a mistake, but overcoming all difficulties for almost a hundred years is something we should not allow some group of people to destroy. As a nation we must stand firm and focus. Bad leadership may also be a problem but calling the entire government clueless is unacceptable.
Nigeria belongs to us and ranting on a social forum would not change anything.

But truly the government has no clue. What's wrong with calling a spade by it's name?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by chriskc: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2013
It will be @ bxt if our leaders would jxt grant us a Referendum in dis Nation. Let's jxt taste d waters and see how many of us dat still have hope in our unity.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2013
If Nigerians cannot live anywhere without fear for their lives and suffering (in)equality just based on tribe and religion then I say split the damn country. I have to admit though that I think it is almost impossible to split the country now, if ever. There are certain people that have a vested interest in Nigeria and they will do anything to make sure Nigeria remains one regardless of whatever pains the common man is feeling: "All we'll do is pit them against one another". Nigeria has--- by looking at everything through the lenses of tribe and religion--- looked away while a certain group of people became insanely rich and extremely powerful. These super wealthy Nigerians have ultimately connected ,and made friends, with other international interests groups like themselves who directly/ or indirectly have vested interests in Nigeria on behalf of their own foreign countries. Thats why Nigeria had the likes of IBB, OBJ, YAR'ADUA and now the Chief Dunce of them all Goodluck Jonathan: People who owe loyalty to the dollar over their morals and conscience. Thats why the western governments just look the other way as Nigerians die, and, in fact, ensure that--- whatever inept leader is decided and agreed upon to rule the nation by this new generation of slave traders-- he is as powerful as they want him to be.

Nigerians are not one. Theres too much inequality and justice, thats not how a nation should be. I always ask people that lived longer than I did in Nigeria if they thought Nigeria will ever change and I can tell you that 1 out of every 20 people has no l hope that Nigeria will ever change; and they cut across every tribe and religion. Nigeria wont break up, forget it. Those men are too powerful. What NIgerians have to do is show their own power in Numbers and vote out and frustrate them from power based on their antecedents--- watch their pattern--- whatever theyve done before they will definitely do again. Get rid of them, and whoever gets close to them do not elect them either. Its just sad Nigerians dont know their rights, and "wrong/right" to most of them depends on what language you speak and which God you worship. SMH

Hopefully, one day Nigerians will realize whats wrong with them and correct it. At this point, it looks bleak. Nigeria will remain one... hopefully for the better.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by TheMatrix3: 9:23am On Jan 14, 2013
Super1759: seriously,he listens to side-talks alot
I couldn't agree more... If a local fowl runs across Aso rock, be sure he'd talk about it the next day on AIT grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by obicentlis: 9:26am On Jan 14, 2013
Corruption binds our leaders together. Our youth are brainwashed by tribal and religion sentiments, so who will bail the cat(freedom)?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by igben(m): 9:27am On Jan 14, 2013
Abeg make the country break make northerner cede PTI,NNPC,CHEVRON,FUPRI,LNG and the rest company for our pipo make dem get job jare. We kno aboki men/women as farmers
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by NoContract(m): 9:27am On Jan 14, 2013
Wetin concern aboki with pepper soup?

Wetin concern dangote with okirika?

Nigeria is doomed. Don't sugar coat anything ѕiя.

I wish we break up soon. Hopefully dis year sef...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by babarazy: 9:39am On Jan 14, 2013
Our president has gone mad again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 14, 2013
undecided who married who? Is the north the wife or the husband!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traders In Computer Village Generate $2bn Annually To Economy / Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi / We Will Not Increase Tax To Improve IGR - Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.