Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

How Does Love Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does Love Work? (18298 Views)

Can LOVE Work Without TRUST? / How Does Love Work / Does Long Distance Love Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Love Work? by Adaeze003(f): 10:03am On Jan 14, 2013
I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?
I have come across many posts on nl where people said 'love does not exist' and this is shocking to me because I don't believe that people just bump into each other,get married and live happily. Maybe those who believe it doesn't exist can put me through. smiley

2. Is there anything like 'The One'?
Is there someone out there specifically made for each and every one of us? This is a confusing concept because some men become priests and some women rev sisters, a few others decide that they'll remain single because they want to 'enjoy' life. What happens to their significant other?

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?
It's a fact that most of our parents and grand parents didn't really 'fall in love' before they got married but they stayed married for long and some till death. But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

4. Can love really die?
How can one say he/she loves someone one day and hate her/him the next day? What kills love?

All these questions can be summed up in one, how does love work?

Looking forward to informative posts.
Just wanna know what you think.
Yes YOU. wink

24 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 14, 2013
Adaeze003:
1. Does love exist?
I have come across many posts on nl where people said 'love does not exist' and this is shocking to me because I don't believe that people just bump into each other,get married and live happily. Maybe those who believe it doesn't exist can put me through. smiley

we have two types of LOVE...
1. symbiosis-type of love
2. agape love

The agape type of love is the type God has for his children.. the type he asked us to show our neigbour 's daughter.

The symbiosis type is that kind of LOVE that leads to either a broken relationship or a broken home, either way, something must break.. Its the type where you love someone for what you can get (recharge card, s. €x, money, cars, marriage, children, ring, etc)

Is there someone out there specifically made for each and every one of us? This is a confusing concept because some men become priests and some women rev sisters, a few others decide that they'll remain single because they want to 'enjoy' life. What happens to their significant other?

Yes there is something like "The One", but bear this in mind - anyone can be "The One", even a mad man/woman can be the ONE.. and you can have as many as possible "The One" anytime you loose the present "The One".

3. Can one really love someone enough to live with the person for ever/is love enough for marriage?
It's a fact that most of our parents and grand parents didn't really 'fall in love' before they got married but they stayed married for long and some till death. But in this generation where people 'fall in love' before getting married divorce is in every corner, why?

Our grand parents never had access to the social networking sites like Nairaland, facebook, twitter etc and Education these are the reasons for break - ups. A typical 9ja girl has atleast 3 boyfriends on each social networking site plus 2 boyfriends each in different offices around her and one boyfriend each in her bank locations.. one in her church, one on campus...one in different faculties

now, when shes ready to get married, it becomes very difficult to settle down with ONE..
Its like eating turkey and all of a sudden you are asked to start eating N30 stock fish..

4. Can love really die?
How can one say he/she loves someone one day and hate her/him the next day? What kills love?

LOVE knows no HATRED.. People that claims to love you would hate you when they stop getting that ONE thing that made them love you.. It means they only love a part of you [money, looks, beauty, character, the way you make her smile, your ability to crack jokes, humility, etc]

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Love Work? by xynerise: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2013
acidosis™:

The agape type of love is the type God has for his children..
So which one is divine love? undecided

@topic. Love exists when you are not looking for it.

5 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2013
xynerise:
So which one is divine love? undecided

the type of love that exist between xynerise & skydeep

grin

3 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by xynerise: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2013
acidosis™:

the type of love that exist between xynerise & skydeep

grin
I was tryna prove you wrong by saying Agape love is the type God has for his children. Antelope grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2013
Adaeze003: 1. Does love exist?
Yes! True love exists.It is the kind of affection that admires,appreciates, and cares deeply. Many who say there aint such a thing have just not experienced.

IMO,there is no particular 'the One'.What we have is 'the Compartible'. Whoever loves u equally and is committed to make things work is compartible for you.It may or may not work out as planned.

Love is the solid foundation for a good marriage. And like every beautiful 'house',it needs 'furnishing' and 'tushing'.In this context,add patience,trust,fidelity,communication and committment to love.
In this age,we 'fall in love' for the wrong reasons.Such a marriage won't stand because the foundation is faulty(absence of true love).

4. Can love really die?
True love can never die. It only remains recessive when its not nurtured. Those who fall in & out of love with someone in a giffy were merely infatuated.

Love works by the candid expression of deep affection one has towards another. #candidme

14 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by Adaeze003(f): 11:15am On Jan 14, 2013
acidosis™:

we have two types of LOVE...
1. symbiosis-type of love
2. agape love

The agape type of love is the type God has for his children.. the type he asked us to show our neigbour 's daughter.

The symbiosis type is that kind of LOVE that leads to either a broken relationship or a broken home, either way, something must break.. Its the type where you love someone for what you can get (recharge card, s. €x, money, cars, marriage, children, ring, etc)

Yes there is something like "The One", but bear this in mind - anyone can be "The One", even a mad man/woman can be the ONE.. and you can have as many as possible "The One" anytime you loose the present "The One".

Our grand parents never had access to the social networking sites like Nairaland, facebook, twitter etc and Education these are the reasons for break - ups. A typical 9ja girl has atleast 3 boyfriends on each social networking site plus 2 boyfriends each in different offices around her and one boyfriend each in her bank locations.. one in her church, one on campus...one in different faculties

now, when shes ready to get married, it becomes very difficult to settle down with ONE..
Its like eating turkey and all of a sudden you are asked to start eating N30 stock fish..

LOVE knows no HATRED.. People that claims to love you would hate you when they stop getting that ONE thing that made them love you.. It means they only love a part of you [money, looks, beauty, character, the way you make her smile, your ability to crack jokes, humility, etc]

Wow! This kinda contradicts all that 'love' stands for and really got me laughing. Anyways thanks for sharing your view (as weird as it is).wink
Re: How Does Love Work? by kuphid(f): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
binger: Yes! True love exists.It is the kind of affection that admires,appreciates, and cares deeply. Many who say there aint such a thing have just not experienced.

IMO,there is no particular 'the One'.What we have is 'the Compartible'. Whoever loves u equally and is committed to make things work is compartible for you.It may or may not work out as planned.

Love is the solid foundation for a good marriage. And like every beautiful 'house',it needs 'furnishing' and 'tushing'.In this context,add patience,trust,fidelity,communication and committment to love.
In this age,we 'fall in love' for the wrong reasons.Such a marriage won't stand because the foundation is faulty(absence of true love).

True love can never die. It only remains recessive when its not nurtured. Those who fall in & out of love with someone in a giffy were merely infatuated.

Love works by the candid expression of deep affection one has towards another. #candidme

Wow! I just love you for this explanation...well said
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Adaeze003: I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?

Love exists.

The problem we have surrounding the existence of love is that it is sometimes misunderstood to be lust or infatuation. Love, lust and infatuation are very very strong emotions, but love is stronger and supercedes the other two. In love, it goes above the physical and the dreamy imaginations and then goes into loving and accepting the flaws and mistakes of the other. Love is not jealous, is not selfish, love doesn't bring tears to the eyes of your significant other, except tears of joy. Love does not exploit the feelings nor manipulate the emotions of the other. Love puts the interest of the other person first and love will never force actions on your significant other.

A surface examination of love will have you thinking otherwise and mistaking it for lust, but when you sit down quietly and think about what will make a woman stick to a poor crippled man who lost his limbs after they got married, you may want to have a re-evaluation.

No. I don't believe anyone was specifically made for me. That's another crappy line from the people that believe in destiny. You don't sit down and fold your arms and expect good things to come to you if you haven't worked for it.

I meet and get attracted to a lot of ladies. Allowing that attraction to develop into something substantial is a decision I personally have to make, and of my own accord. I know myself and know what I want from a lady and I will work into making the relationship a perfect one for me, and when I have found that raw uncut diamond of a lady, we'll get refined and become "the one" to each other.

Having that bullshitologic notion that there is "the specially one" for you makes people pathetically lazy! It makes them stop working on their relationships simply because they believe "the one" is still out there, waiting for them. Big issues would be made out of infinitesimal issues that could/should have been squashed before it becomes a problem, simply because they believe "the one" is out there, since this one is not working.

Such people also fail woefully to realize that the problem could also be from them, because, the silly notion that "the one" for them is still out there has be clouded their ability to reason logically and deduce sane conclusions. They see everything they do as perfect and expect "the one" to accept them with their stinking attitude which they have refused to correct. . .

I pity their ministry.

Yes. Very possible. It has been done before, is being done, and will continue to be done. . .

These are people that know love for what love is. People that believe that in love, there are disagreements, and that disagreements are settled in love. People that know that they would not stay young forever, and that the inner person matters much more than the physical. People that marry their significant other, not for what they have or what they can receive or their social status, or their future potentials, but for who they are. People that put the needs of their spouses above of theirs. People that believe that happiness comes from giving, and not from receiving. People that will rather sort out their marital issues, than head for the divorce courts, not knowing how better off they'll fare with the "next". . .

They have done it, and you also can do it. They have blood flowing thru their veins and not gasoline. They are not perfect like you are not perfect. They do not have 10 heads and 10 brains.

Try to maintain positivity in all your endeavours and always do the right thing. Don't do the bad and expect good to be your portion, or are you a learner?

You are what you attract. For your marriage to work, you have to be married to someone who values marriage and is ready to make it work. Marriage is a union of two forgivers!

Same as above.

4. Can love really die?
Yes. If you allow your love for an individual to die, it will die a sweet death. Love on its own doesn't die, but "your love for someone" can die.

Lies, deceptions, unfulfilled expectations. Deviating from what you used to be, deviation from what they used to know you to be. Of course it can be corrected if you want it to be corrected, but you have to want to make that choice personally, and not because you are been coerced to. You cannot force love.

Seeing an individual as an object and not as a partner kills their love for you. You cannot betray someone you claim to love and expect their love for you to remain at a 100 percent, you cannot threaten the life of someone you claim to love either by beatings, or outright in-your-face threats, and expect their love for you to remain at a 100 percent. Na wash? Or are you a learner?

Love dies gradually. If you notice this happening, take steps to correct it, except you never loved the individual as much as you claimed. . .

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Does Love Work? by Adaeze003(f): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
kuphid:

Wow! I just love you for this explanation...well said
Couldn't agree more!

And sexkillz really nice as well. I agree with every word in your post smiley

Only guys are spilling the beans but I hear girls talking about love almost everyday..hmm
Re: How Does Love Work? by Ignatio(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Love works like magic. You don't know when it takes over and controls you. On the other hand you can't know how it leaves you.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Agape love is the only true and profitable love that exist. Very few,i mean very very few people can ever have it for the opposite sex,and its relatively easy for blind people to have it for each other or any other person, there is no such thing as true love nowadays and even if there is any,its in the fairy tales....face reality,go to the blind man to tell you what true love is and ask God to open your eyes to see the bitter truth.
Re: How Does Love Work? by Adaeze003(f): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ignatio: Love works like magic. You don't know when it takes over and controls you. On the other hand you can't know how it leaves you.
I really doubt this. I think 'attraction' works like magic and not love. Therefore, the attraction fades like magic. Making sense?

3 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by claremont(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Love is a modern contraption for plain old-fashioned symbiotic association between human beings. The existence of 'love' as an objective, measurable quantity is a misnomer; that kind of so-called love does NOT exist. Human beings innately knew how to care for one another before the love delusion, and they will still know how to care for one another in the absence of this delusion. Love is a mental illness.

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by UncleJJ(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
love is what makes an ibo girl marry a broke hausa man.

love is what makes a young girl choose to marry her school boyfriend over the older man who has bank accounts and estates running into hundreds of millions.

love is what makes a mother protect her 27 year old son who refuses to grow up

love is what make a father tolerate that same son

love is what make politician's steal moni

love is a good firestarter but you need a strong will power to keep it going.

stop searching for love - the damn things seem to grow even where its not wanted.

if the younger girl married the rich older guy, she would grow to love him and her children.

if the mum kicked her son in the behind to get him moving, by the time he buys his 1st car - he understand the love

stop searching for love - look for posibilities - the damn thing called love seem to grow even when its not wanted !!1

4 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by sexybash(f): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
stop searching for love - look for posibilities - the damn thing called love seem to grow even when its not wanted !!1[/quote]
love make you send you BF/GF text message and they forward it to some one they love either than you
Love is the reson why you are reading this thread

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by stpat1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmm interesting topic.
I guess all these love love talks are definitely symbiotic. The truth is that everyone loves for a reason. Either for what you can get, what u can give or what it makes of you.
You can claim to love someone for their looks, height, weight, figure, education, intelligence, fame, money, I can go on and one. When these things are no more there then u discover that problems will arise and possibly breakup if the parties involve fail to strike a balance and settle their differences.
Re: How Does Love Work? by SenatorJames(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2014
Adaeze003: I've heard allot about love and I'm sure you all have too. I've been thinking about all I've heard and I came up with a few questions.

1. Does love exist?

4. Can love really die?

Looking forward to informative posts.
Just wanna know what you think.
Yes YOU. wink
Me?
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
What the fvck is happening? When Did I start following this thread.
Re: How Does Love Work? by yuzjet(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
Another question for the gods!

2 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by Standard007(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
GO ASK GOOGLE!!!!!!! undecided angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by datguru: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
LIKE MAGIC
undecided

btw, this is janaury 2013 post now in front page. I prophesy to every eye that sees this post, your miracle is on the way

2 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
It works like a workaholic. grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
Gosh! This thread was created since Jan 14, 2013. So you are asking how does love works ko?
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1682337_img-20140826-wa0001_jpega74dca0e835ebb6e899a3a66c9c286fe[/img]

3 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by sirjohnson(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2014
Love is inexplicable. It works like magic
Re: How Does Love Work? by Lovexme(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2014
We find love in hopeless places.
Re: How Does Love Work? by tyconcepts(f): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2014
It works on a 50-50 basis grin
Re: How Does Love Work? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2014
How does love work?

Question for the gods
Re: How Does Love Work? by plainmirror(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2014
Love is like a flower. It needs to be sown as a seed, watered, before it germinates.
PS: it is time and emotion intensive

Btw.....
Topics that hit frontpage this days baffle me.

- how does love work?

- how to wash hands before eating

- blah blah blah

These moderator surely needs a factory reset slap.

#sekems out of thread

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by tuagbo: 11:39am On Sep 06, 2014
"The concept of "love" is an impossible dream for men but an extremely effective weapon for women"-"Tuagbo" To a woman,"love" means power.To a man,enslavement."Love" provides a woman with an excuse for financial exploitation.Man,with an emotionally charged excuse.For the sake of "love,"woman will do things that are of advantage only to herself while man does things that will harm him.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Love Work? by hummerwise(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2014
Love starts wif you..
Love works when you ursef start loving others the way you love ursef.

One thing av come 2 learn in dis life is that U get wah u give out,
U can't seize not to luv some1 and xpects d luv in return...

1 Like

Re: How Does Love Work? by Wisdytech(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2014
LOVE works as you want it to work! #Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can One Just Stop Loving And Having Emotional Attachments / . / What Kind Of Christmas Gift Can One Buy For A Guy Who Uses Designer Stuff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.