Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births (102746 Views)

Woman Births A Baby In A Classroom In Agatu, Benue State (photo) / 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth / Yam Eating Is Responsible For Multiple Births In Ekiti? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Iyaniwura123: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
You are most welcome Ma, that is the essence of the post. Thanks for your time smiley
dominique: Interesting article. Thanks for the pic poster, i've always wondered what one of those looks like.
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Iyaniwura123: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Now you know wink
maclatunji: Never knew of such before.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by dominique(f): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: You are most welcome Ma, that is the essence of the post. Thanks for your time smiley

you welcome smiley, i've known about the oke phenomenon and wanted to google it but i didnt know what to search for.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Dextra(f): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
On entering the uterus, we usually burst this sac with Kockers or Allis Forceps before extracting the newborn. You must have the unction ready to suck up all the fluid!
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Zet72(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
grin It's this type of gory site that makes me consider celibacy because I can't imaging my wife telling me to enter labour room with her......God save me
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by snthesis(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
sleepy, time to caul up grin
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by whitefairy(f): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Whts so disgusting abt dis pic?I saw d pic n smiled spontaneously,make forming kyll una there!mtcheew
@ OP,tnx for dis thread,I jst learnt somtin new,neva knew such existed,tnx once again

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by firestar(f): 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
Wow.
Such wonders never cease.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by fapcrook(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
My last child is Oke and he is 16 yrs old now,still very handsome and so special

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by ydtaurus5: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2013
Winneygirl: Abegiiiii!
Who are all those chicken-livered pple complaining abt d pic??

D pic is perfect!!!

P.S: I once heard a myth that, in places dat lack modern medicine and mostly in home deliveries d 'sac' is opened by pouring palm oil over it.

Who has d fact abt dis??
you are right.
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Egyptallah: 2:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Iyaniwura123:
1-A membrane that covers the head and face of a newborn is called a CAUL. It is a remnant of the amniotic membrane.

10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births, see more pictures here:
http://iyaniwura.com/10-interesting-things-about-veiled-births/

2-In extremely rare cases, the caul can enclose the newborn entirely in what is known as a 'veiled birth' or an 'en-caul birth'. In this case, the sac is never broken and the water is not released until the baby is outside the womb (uterus).

3-In some cultures, babies born with a full caul are considered to be very special and there are various rites to mark such a birth. Among the Yorubas of West Africa, a child born fully enclosed in the caul (sac) is called Oke. In some other cultures, the caul is removed and given to the parents who then preserve it in a special jar or dispose of it themselves by burial or burning. By the way, is there any Oke in the house?

4-In the old traditions of certain parts of Europe, a caul is highly prized by sailors who see it as a sign of goodluck and a kind of charm that can save them from drowning and other forms of disasters while at sea. In medieval Europe, mothers sold the cauls of their children to sailors for huge sums of money. For some others, it is used in preparing special charms and potions. For Iyaniwura, the caul is nothing more than a sheet of membrane that should be discarded like abodi that has gone bad.

5-Sigmund Freud, Charlemagne (Charles the Great) and Napoleon Bonaparte, the Emperor of France were all said to be born enclosed in a caul.

6-A child born with the caul is called a CAULBEARER.

7-The caul is also known as a 'hood', 'veil' or the 'veil of tears'.

8. The caul is harmless and can be easily removed by the doctor or a midwife but it has to be done properly so as not to injured the baby.
9. In most cases, en-caul births occur in premature deliveries.
10. Caul births should not be confused with an en-caul birth in which the baby is totally enclosed in the amniotic sac.
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by Egyptallah: 2:56am On Jul 30, 2015
My name is Egypt. On 4/25/05 I gave birth to my son Naasir Ajani in Pensacola, Florida in the U.S.. He was born completely enclosed in the sac. I am the mother of 7 children each delivery required the doctor to rupture the sac. Though I did have 2 C-Sections and am unaware as to whether the sacs would have ruptured naturally- I doubt it. But what was extra-ordinary about
Naasir's birth was that not only was he born completely en-caul, but BOTH of his eyelids were flipped up. I' m saying that he was literally born with his eyes WIDE OPEN. I don't believe the doctor(Dr.Jones) had ever seen anything like it before. I' m going to contact him one day and ask. At that time I don't think he knew what to make of it. But as far as Naasir is concerned- in TRUTH he is one of ALLAH'S CHOSEN ONES. It is written in his Nature.You just KNOW...and yes, the doctor was able to manually flip his eyelids down-with a little difficulty - immediately after birth. All of his eyes are wide open , including his FIRST(THIRD) EYE.
Re: 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births by CallMeNJay: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2017
Veiled Births

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herbal Hips And Butt Enlargement Supplement / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Ronald, 27-Year-Old Nigerian Man Who Has Never Had An Erection Before. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.