Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Property Business Is A Business That Brings Both The Poor And The Rich Toget - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Property Business Is A Business That Brings Both The Poor And The Rich Toget (1047 Views)

Property For Sales In Kwara Ibrahim Taiwo Road The Property Is Good For Banks, / Get 30-40% of ur money as return in 6months by investing in property business / Introducing The Property Concession Company (Investment Concessioning Experts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Property Business Is A Business That Brings Both The Poor And The Rich Toget by hyperbolic(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr. Israel O. Oparaoji is a real estate expert located in Lekki area of Lagos State. He founded Johncassidy properties & investment limited to provide real estate services throughout the country and is considered a leader in the real estate industry.
In this interview with the Business Dispatch, he shares his journey into the property market.
Who is Mr Oparaoji please?
My name is Israel Onyeawuna Oparaoji . I hail from Imo State, Nigeria, second son of the family of seven. I came from Nazareth where people thought nothing good can come out from. I came to Lagos in 1990 as a barber after I dropped out of primary education because of finance. After that I met a man by name Rev. Pastor John Elenamah the founder of World Revival Ministries who eventually gave me shelter and mentored me after seven years of leaving the street. He played a special role in my life by fathering and mentoring me. In 2007 I entered into real estate business not just to make money and become rich overnight No! but to add values to humanity because I have been there before.
Mr. Israel, what do you consider some of the challenges of Nigeria’s real Estate, wiht personal challenges?
The major challenges facing people like us in the real estate industry has to do with other colleagues not honouring their agreement with other parties. But to us before we enter into any transaction with anybody, we first document the transaction before moving forward.
What should landlords look for in tenants?
Every landlord only looks for tenants that would not constitute nuisance in his/her compound. As you can see a rested mind is the mind that achieves success especially when it comes to business so when there are people living in your house that make a lot of noise and all sorts then you are in trouble as a landlord/landlady.
Having said that, another challenge I feel facing the industry is when someone doesn’t pay his/her bills on time, paying their rent will likely be a low priority to them. References from previous landlords is crucial as well
How does your company stand apart from its competition?
At Johncassidy properties & investment limited we provide what I call first class services in making sure that we first listen to our clients to know exactly what they really want. Secondly, we have what is called extra ordinary contacts because success in business is all about extra ordinary contacts that you have. For example if a client gives you a brief to buy or rent a property for him/her in a particular location if you don’t know how to go about it, that makes you a failure automatically.
Please can you tell us how you made your first One Million Naira through your real estate business?
You know in life, God always position people on your way to greatness. In 2008 I met a man called Chief Leo Stan Ekeh the chairman of Zinox Group (The Computer Guru). This great man brought me to where I am today by giving me an opportunity to transact two colossal properties in Lagos even though I have done other transactions after that, but I will not forget to be grateful to God and also to him. I personally see him as an agent of change to my life.
How do you see the future of this industry?
I
believe that property business is a business that brings both the poor and the rich together, first you must understand why you are venturing into real estate business. Secondly, you must have integrity and dignity. What do I mean by that? Dignity in you tells you not to do what is wrong even when no one is there with you. Before Johncassidy properties & investment limited was registered I personally encountered a lot of cases where people that you so much trusted turned you down by not honouring your agreement with them.
Thirdly, I urge the federal government with all concern to partner with indigenous industries and entrepreneurs like us to partner together to lift a greater Nigeria by providing infrastructure and also giving land allocation to investors both foreign and local in order to create jobs to the average Nigerian because I believe crime can only stop by job creation.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
If you desire to be rich you must respect those that are already rich. In the real estate industry I have mentors and fathers who believes in me as a young Nigerian who is working hard to become the best that I can be in life. In five years from now Johncassidy properties & investment limited will become a household name like when one mentions Chief Kola Akomolade.
Final remarks sir?
As an Imo State indigene what do you have for the young people who are aspiring be like you in the state?
First and foremost, we must not forget to thank God for giving us a man who has good vision for the masses which is the new governor, Governor Owele Rochas Okorocha. I was been invited by him during his campaign rally in the state. I have never met him before but after seeing him and also working with him during his campaign rally, I personally appreciated God for giving us such a man as a leader. Why do I say this? Governor Owele Rochas Okorocha stood as an agent of change in bringing youths into their God giving destinies and also empowering them through free education which we must not forget in hurry that today’s Awolowo is in Imo state and not in Yoruba land. For me, I believe through my real estate profession Johncassidy properties & investment limited is going to set a platform where we can partner with Imo State government in empowering the youths to become all they want to become through education.
Mr. Israel O. Oparaoji can be contacted through via the following: Email:johncassidyproperties@gmail.com, israeloparaoji@yahoo.com, mobile: +2347043304093.

http://thebusinessdispatch.com/the-property-business-is-a-business-that-brings-both-the-poor-and-the-rich-together/admin

(1) (Reply)

Carport In Port Harcourt / Cost Of Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow / Propertyy For Let:miniflat At Alagomeji,yaba, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.