Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder (15246 Views)

Hayley Okines, Beloved Teenager Trapped In 104-year-old Body, Passes Away At 17 / Body Builder Tips / Picture Of 75 Years Old Body Building Grandma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by molisk(f): 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
“Age is nothing but a number… I feel younger now than I did 30 years ago.” Ernestine Shepherd

Ernestine Shepherd had been a long time model in Baltimore but with the growing age when her figure went out of shape she, along with her sister Mildred Blackwell, joined weight lifting and aerobics classes immediately and competed in bodybuilding shows under pseudonym Velvet, and Ernie. In 1992, after the sudden demise of her sister in brain aneurysm, she felt depressed, quit exercising and started suffering from high blood pressure, acid reflux and frequent panic attacks. It was her close friend who initiated and encouraged her to start her career in bodybuilding to show the respect to her late sister. Her fresh start rewarded her not only with medals and bodybuilding titles but with a happy family that consists of her 80 year old loving husband, 53-year-old son, and 14-year-old grandson.

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/75-year-old-body-builder-ernestine-shepherd-proves-its-never-too-late-to-get-in-shape/

7 Likes

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Prodigee: 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Incredulous!
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by DukeNija(m): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
WoW this is Fantastic!
I expected to see a disfigured chriveled looking Old Body, but was disappointed.

She looks healthy and very Beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by molisk(f): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Her body makes her look at least 30 years younger cheesy
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by meamanda(f): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
Oh my God, she looks sexy tongue

1 Like

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
misplaced priorities
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by azpekuliar: 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
She's hot! Now I know what I need to do retain my 6-pack abs well into my 70s.

1 Like

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
[size=16pt] 75 !!!!! grin while some peeps half her age are already using walking stick!!!!!!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Okijajuju1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
wow
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
iv4fb: misplaced priorities
Says who? her hubby? her kids? Marriage is not the end of life for some women.

1 Like

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
SHE LOOKS 48 IN THE FACE. HOWEVER HER BODY LOOKS 25

1 Like

Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by deebrain(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Lovely. This is wonderful.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by redcliff: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
i think she's doing this without steroids, if not, shes be worse off.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by osifred(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
We refuse to comment on a non issue.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by gwas(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
I think she forgot her age.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by amlydave: 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Na at once she go collapse when the time comes. Body no be wood ![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Prodigee: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
iv4fb: misplaced priorities
Abeg wot's misplaced about being useful to urself nd others?! Answer that o!!
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Prodigee: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Btw she no look bad 4 her age!!
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by babarazy: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
gwas: I think she forgot her age.
mehn!...... U are high.lol
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by platoworks(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Amazing. She looks very strong indeed.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by meamanda(f): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
No no...She has never taken any steroid of any sort. Please respect her achievement and hardwork.

redcliff: i think she's doing this without steroids, if not, shes be worse off.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by vanstanzy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
SEXY!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by mrkels(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
I expected to see some unpleasant pictures, but was disappointed. She's one sexy old lady...one of her kind...didn't think I ll ever use that word "sexy old"
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by greenoak: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
Heeeeeeeee!!!she llooks aawesome.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by meamanda(f): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Yes, she has forgotten her age..."Age is Just a Number!"
She is an inspiration for us all..who spend hours on the Internet and never dare to run even for some hundred meters. If you visit the link to read the full article, you will realize what makes her going and her source of inspiration.

gwas: I think she forgot her age.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Arysexy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Parkinson disease may be waiting for her, to stress her nerves at such age no be beans, she should watch it!
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by thaoriginator: 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
kiss mmmmmmmm OP pls give me her BBM pin, she gorgeous cool
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by vanstanzy(m): 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
molisk: “Age is nothing but a number… I feel younger now than I did 30 years ago.” Ernestine Shepherd

Ernestine Shepherd had been a long time model in Baltimore but with the growing age when her figure went out of shape she, along with her sister Mildred Blackwell, joined weight lifting and aerobics classes immediately and competed in bodybuilding shows under pseudonym Velvet, and Ernie. In 1992, after the sudden demise of her sister in brain aneurysm, she felt depressed, quit exercising and started suffering from high blood pressure, acid reflux and frequent panic attacks. It was her close friend who initiated and encouraged her to start her career in bodybuilding to show the respect to her late sister. Her fresh start rewarded her not only with medals and bodybuilding titles but with a happy family that consists of her 80 year old loving husband, 53-year-old son, and 14-year-old grandson.

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/75-year-old-body-builder-ernestine-shepherd-proves-its-never-too-late-to-get-in-shape/

"Her husband must really love her to allow her do this? or really hate her, to want her to die quickly. grin grin grin" All the same, u looking goooood, mami!
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by meamanda(f): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Well said :-)

She made my day the day I first read about her...Her resolve to defying AGE has inspired millions of other people across the world. Hats Off to Ernestine Shepherd grin

mrkels: I expected to see some unpleasant pictures, but was disappointed. She's one sexy old lady...one of her kind...didn't think I ll ever use that word "sexy old"
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Freiburger(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
ledynamite: [size=16pt] 75 !!!!! grin while some peeps half her age are already using walking stick!!!!!!![/size]
lol grin
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by PhysicsQED(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
She seems to have very few wrinkles at age 75. That's pretty amazing if she hasn't had any kind of facial enhancements done.
Re: Ernestine Shepherd: A 75-year-old Body Builder by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
[size=22pt]photokiosk[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Prayers Only For “barren Women” But Not “impotent Men”? Dr Olufunmilayo / Today Is Stella Adadevoh's 63rd Posthumous Birthday / Vast of Bracket Is Totally Healed Of Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.