Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Scientific Miracles from the Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scientific Miracles from the Quran (8438 Views)

Scientific Miracles Of The Quran / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sources of water

There are many signs around us and in the universe which testify that the Qur'an is sincere, one of these signs is that the scientists discovered sources of water which is compatible with verses of the Qur'an, let us read….

For many decades people were wondering about the source of water, but the answer took long time. Today, we live in an era when all scientists tell us that wars of the future will be for the water.

These wars will occur because of the scarcity of pure water due to the environmental pollution. Therefore scientists are searching for new sources of water. In this article we will see that the Qur'an told us about the source of water in earth, also about the future source of water.

There is a notice that in petrology there are some kinds of rocks which allows water to penetrate through it. One of the strangest things I read is that rocks of Granite despite its strength and cohesion but it allows water to go through it within very small Pores.

This characteristic enables the descended water from the sky to be stored inside the earth after passing through these pores, without this characteristic water wouldn't be able to leaking into a great depths below the surface of the earth.

Can life continue without water?

The Qur'an talked precisely about that matter and also referred to the source of water sad And we sent down from the sky water (rain) in (due) measure, and we gave it lodging in the earth, and verily, we are Able to take it away.) (Sûrat Al-Mu’minûn- verse 18). This verse tells us that the source of the water inside the earth such as the groundwater is the rains, this is scientifically proven!

Also there is another verse as God be He exalted says: (And We send the winds fertilizing (to fill heavily the clouds with water), then cause the water (rain) to descend from the sky, and We give it to you to drink, and it is not you who are the owners of its stores [i.e. to give water to whom you like or to withhold it from whom you like]) (Sûrat A-Hijr -verse22). For many years people believed that water in depths below the surface of the earth had been formed inside earth or it is existed inside earth from the old ages, and no one got the knowledge that this water was stored inside from the water of rain. But the great Qur'an told us about this scientific reality and God confirmed to us that He lodges this water by His ability and is purified by these layers of rocks to be drinkable so that God sayssadWe give it to you to drink) and without the mercy of God and that He exploited the physics laws for us, water wouldn’t be lodged inside earth and life wouldn’t be continue.

Scientists confirm that earth is the source of the water, God says sad And after that He spread the earth* and brought forth there from its water and its pasture.)(Sûrat An-Nazi' at- verse 30-31). There are many verses in the Qur'an confirming on that and all of these verses are compatible with the new science, this is a proof that the Qur'an is sincere.

The strangest thing is that dust is full of Pores but it doesn’t allow water to pass through it because of a very distinguished characteristic which is the ability of dust to mixing with water to enable plants to grow. God says concerning that:

(And you see the earth barren, but when we send down water (rain) on it, it is stirred (to life), and it swells and puts forth every lovely kind (of growth).) (Sûrat Al-Hajj- verse 5). Glory to Allah who mentioned everything in His book.

Also, the Qur'an told us about the source of springs in the earth, God says: (See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and causes it to penetrate the earth, (and then makes it to spring up) as water-springs)(Sûrat Az-Zumar-verse21). This verse tells us that the source of springs is the water of rain and that is the opposite to the belief of some people who believed that the source of these springs is the sea!!

Nowadays, scientists are looking for a new source of water for the future, and they confirm that the best source is the high mountains as it saves a huge amount of water. Also the Qur'an told us about that as God says sad And have placed therein firm, and tall mountains, and have given you to drink sweet water?)(Sûrat Al-Mursalât- verse 27).

These are compact verses which testify that the Qur'an is sincere and is matching with the scientific facts, and it is not like what skeptics say that this book is just an ordinary book, if they are right we would see many myths and superstitions in it but we only see what agrees with science. This is an indication that the source of that book is the divine inspiration, read with me this divine challenge sad And this Qur'an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Taurât (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel)], and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. laws, decreed for mankind) - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn, and all that exists) * Or do they say: "He (Muhammad( has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a Sûrah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can besides Allah, if you are truthful!"* Nay, they have belied the knowledge whereof they could not comprehend and what has not yet been fulfilled (i.e. their punishment). Thus those before them did belie. Then see what was the end of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)!* And of them there are some who believe therein; and of them there are some who believe not therein, and your Lord is All-Aware of the Mufsidûn (evil-doers, liars).)(Sûrat Yûnus- verse37-40).
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Omexonomy: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
So islam belive in miracle. Then why is it that islamic moderators and thier evil minions (tbaba, maclatunji et al) are all over the forum pouring insult on adegboye for doing miracles.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
^ Miracles are only done by God

I never insulted adeboye, where did you get that from?

I made only one comment on that thread, and it was mocking myself...

This reminds me of my undergraduate days... my car performed feats!! .... I just dey manage fuel everyday... hehe!!!
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by hadbak: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Omexonomy: So islam belive in miracle. Then why is it that islamic moderators and thier evil minions (tbaba, maclatunji et al) are all over the forum pouring insult on adegboye for doing miracles.
isn't it obvious that Adegboyes miracle is man made in order to sell/advertise his church?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by maclatunji: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
Omexonomy: So islam belive in miracle. Then why is it that islamic moderators and thier evil minions (tbaba, maclatunji et al) are all over the forum pouring insult on adegboye for doing miracles.

LOL, someone actually called me "evil".
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
Mountains and Rains

The Qur'an linked between mountains and the water we drink; nowadays scientists discovered a link between both of them, let us read ….

Fourteen century ago human was looking for the clouds and rains as a strange phenomena which made by Gods, therefore they used to pray for those Gods asking for rains, in Europe people were looking to the rains as a given livelihood by Gods!

But when the Islam came, it corrected many ideas and showed people the right way and guided them far from the wrong ideas, as the Islam talked about rains as a scientific phenomenon, as God who is the creator of the universe and everything and He is who put the rules of descending the rains. He confirmed in two holy verses on the existence of precise rules which control this phenomenon, He says sad And we sent down from the sky water (rain) in (due) measure, and we gave it lodging in the earth, and verily, we are Able to take it away.)(Sûrat Al-Mu’minûn- verse 18) also God says: (And who sends down water (rain) from the sky in due measure, then we revives a dead land therewith, and even so you will be brought forth (from the graves).)(Sûrat AZ-Zukhruf- verse 11).

It means that the Qur'an is the first book to put a scientific base for the phenomenon of descending the rains, and to keep myths and superstitions away from minds of people. But there is an important thing that scientists had discovered the role of the mountains to forming clouds and rains.

Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) wasn't living in such environment, but he lived in a desert environment where no human is able to predict with any kind of relationships between mountains and water of the rain, this is an evidence that the Qur'an is an inspiration from God to His prophet (peace be upon him).

When the wind drives the ascending Molecules of water from the seas, the mountains contribute in the ascending operation to raise it up exactly like the ice skating race as the skater tries to reach the top of the mountain and when he reach it in a high speed he jumps in the air so that his speed increases to reach high distance, without the mountain he wouldn't be able to rise in the air.

There is a relationship between mountains and clouds, so we see the tops of mountains are covered with clouds all the year, because the design of these mountains which works as a bumper for the air to slide on its surface, that design helps in the acceleration of the loaded air by water vapor and helps in cooling it to form the clouds.

Here we can touch a scientific fact that the mountains have a vital role in the formation of clouds. Hence we can find that the sweetest kind of water is in the high mountains.

Therefore the taller the mountain the more amount of clouds are formed to produce rains or ice which dissolve and leak through the mountains to form fresh and sweet springs.

Scientists say that springs are formed in near of the mountains and its water is fresh and palatable, God says: (And have placed therein firm, and tall mountains, and have given you to drink sweet water?) (Sûrat Al-Mursalât – verse 27).

Water of springs which come from the high mountains passed through many filtration operations, so that the high mountain works as a filtration machines.

Without the mountains, even a one drop of water wouldn't be descended! That may seem so strange but this is the reality because of the vital role of the mountains in forming the clouds. Clouds are responsible for the descending of rains and also in forming ice which dissolves to make fresh and sweet water.

Scientists confirm that despite the advanced development in technology, human is unable to imitate such operations, therefore God says: (And have placed therein firm, and tall mountains, and have given you to drink sweet water?) (Sûrat Al-Mursalât – verse 27). In this verse God be He exalted and blessed made a link between the tall of mountains and the sweet water. Here we have to stop and ask a question: who knows at that time that the mountains have a vital role in the descending of rains and filtration of water?

Also, there is another relation between the tall of the mountain and the amount of the descended water ,the taller the mountain the more amount of water is descended and also purer and fresh .Therefore the Qur'an linked between the high mountains as God said(tall mountains) and the sweet and fresh water as God says(sweet water).

As a result we can see that all verses of the Qur'an are compact with no contradiction and are compatible with the new science, isn’t it an evidence that the Qur'an is a book which was descended from God be He exalted and blessed?

(And say: "My Lord! Increase me in knowledge."wink (Sûrat Tâ-Hâ- verse 114)
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Survival of Pharaoh

Allah All Mighty said to Pharaoh, "This day shall We save thee in the body" … And today we can see his body...

Pharaoh was the tyrant of his time… Allah Almighty recounts the story of Pharaoh, his tyranny and end: (And Pharaoh said: "O Chiefs! no god do I know for you but myself: therefore, O Haman! light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the god of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!" - And he (Pharaoh) was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason,- He and his hosts: they thought that they would not have to return to Us! - So We seized him and his hosts, and We flung them into the sea: Now behold what was the end of those who did wrong!) [Al Qasas: 38 – 40].

Allah willed that Pharaoh drawn and that only his body survives so that the people after him can witness that phenomenon that scientists marvel at. The body of Pharaoh was found intact. The scientists who participated in the autopsy of the corpse were astonished how his body survived and recovered intact despite him drowning to such depths. This is what we were told in the Quran, as Allah Almighty says “This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" [Yunus: 92].

We can not say but, Subhana Allah!
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Magnificence Of The Luminous Creatures

One of the best-known luminous creatures is the firefly. Scientists have spent years of research trying to produce a light as efficient as the light produced by fireflies. Fireflies achieve maximum efficiency and lose almost no energy.

In fact, it is quite amazing that a creature is able to produce light yet, at the same time, is not affected by the heat of this light. Because, as we know, during light production made by today's technology, heat certainly is created and this heat is emitted outside as thermal energy. Therefore, for this reason, creatures which produce light should also suffer harm due to exposure to high heat. However, the creatures producing light are not affected by the heat they produce, because it is weak.

They produce a kind of light called "cold light" and their body structures are designed accordingly.

Fireflies are actually a type of beetle which produces yellowish-green lights by means of chemical reactions inside their bodies. Fireflies, which flash their lights to recognize one another or to give mating signals, use different lengths of flashes according to their species. In addition, in some species, it is the male who flashes first to attract the female, while in other species, the females do the "calling." Some fireflies use their lights in self-defense. They flash to warn enemies that their taste is unappetizing.

Besides fireflies, a number of other insects, various sea creatures, and many other types of species produce their own light. Each species has different characteristics. These include the manner of light production, the fields of their usage of light, and the lengths and kinds of light they produce.

Who furnished these creatures with systems through which they produce the type of light they can make use of, and then maintains the continuation of these systems? It is not, of course, the creatures themselves. It is not possible for complex organs capable of producing light yet not harming the creatures of which they are part in the process to have come into being as the result of coincidences.

All luminous creatures are evidence of the superior power of the creation of Allah. Allah introduces us, through these creatures He has created, to the evidence of His endless knowledge, wisdom and might.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
Amazing!

Scientific implications in the part of the ayah that can be translated as, “He creates you …creation after creation in three veils of darkness.”(Surat Az-Zumar (The Groups): 06):

The fetus is surrounded inside the uterus by several membranes. From the inner to the outer membrane, these are: The amion membrane, the chorion membrane and the decidua membrane. These three membranes completely enclose the fetus and therefore keep it in complete darkness; this is the first darkness. The three membranes of the fetus are themselves surrounded by the walls of the uterus, which is a thick wall made up of three layers; forming the second complete darkness surround the fetus and its membranes. The uterus, which contains the fetus and its membranes and surrounds it in two consecutive darkness’s, is itself found in the middle of the pelvis. The uterus is in turn fully surrounded by the body that is composed of the abdomen and the back. Both of the abdomen and back provide the third darkness in which the fetus lies. This is in agreement with what Allah (SWT) says; which can be translated as, “He creates you in the wombs of your mothers: creation after creation in three veils of darkness.” (Surat Az-Zumar (The Groups):06).

At the time of the revelation of the Qur’an and for many long centuries after, no one knew of these three veils of darkness. The precedence of the Glorious Qur’an in referring to them proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Glorious Qur’an is indeed the words of Allah (SWT), the Creator, Who revealed it with His knowledge to the Seal of His Prophets and protected it, as He promised, in the same language of its revelation (the Arabic language). In order to remain as evidence against people until the Day of Judgment, however most people do not know or do not comprehend.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by maclatunji: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2013
I relied on drinking spring water from a rock for close to a year. The water flows 24/7, the moment I discovered that spring, I knew I was not going to be relying on any other source of drinking water.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
By the heaven which returns

Every time the scientists discover a new reality, we realize that the Qur'an told us about it. One of these phenomena is the atmosphere of the earth especially the layer of Ionosphere which protects the earth and reflects the electromagnetic waves….

A new research by NASA confirmed that the atmosphere is very important to keep earth stable, and to save it from the strong solar storms. They sent many satellites to different orbits around the earth and they found that the layer of the ionosphere contain ionized atoms which are full of electrons and it extends over the surface of the earth up to one thousand kilometer.

They call it the reflector, as the best word to express it in the Arabic language is the return. So we have to know that this layer return the transmitted electromagnetic waves by human which enables the different digital communications to continue, also it return the solar storms and reflect it to the space to save the earth from any harm.

A drawing to show the dark side and the luminous side of earth, and also it is a try to explain the phenomenon of aurora borealis . It became clear that turning of the earth around itself causes the succession of day and night so that turning is so important for the stability of earth and the continuation of life, do we remember the grace of day and night? God says sad Say (O Muhammad): "Tell me! If Allah made the night continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, which ilâh (god) besides Allah could bring you light? Will you not then hear?"* Say (O Muhammad): "Tell me! If Allah made the day continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, which ilâh (god) besides Allah could bring you night wherein you rest? Will you not then see?"* It is out of His Mercy that He has made for you the night and the day that you may rest therein (i.e. during the night) and that you may seek of His Bounty (i.e. during the day) - and in order that you may be grateful.)(Sûrat Al-Qasas -verse 71-73) source of the drawing is: NASA

Indeed, we are inattentive about these graces because that atmosphere works from millions of years and it protect us from the harmful rays of the sun. But the atheists refuse these graces, so God says sad And we have made the heaven a roof, safe and well guarded. Yet they turn away from its signs (i.e. sun, moon, winds, clouds, etc.))(Sûrat Al-Anbiyâ’- verse 32). Surely, we find that scientists of the west know and believe that the atmosphere of the earth protects us and has many benefits to all creatures, but they are talking about it as if it was made by coincidence and they forget that Allah is the creator of everything.

Hence, the Qur'an talked about the function of the reflection and also the layer of the ionosphere and He swear by them as He says sad By the heaven which returns * and by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the Sprouting of vegetation)* Behold this is the Word that distinguishes (Good from Evil)) (Sûrat at-Târiq – verse 11-13). Who knows that the heaven (which includes the atmosphere) reflect and return any thing collide with it?!! Who knows that the heaven protect and save the earth from harmful things such as: solar storms, meteors, stones, etc………..also all of these objects surround our solar system from millions of years and they are kept away from us. Who keep all of these objects away?

Allah is the doer who reminds us with his graces as He says sad Or do ye feel secure that He who is in Heaven will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones), so that ye shall know how (terrible) was my warning?)(Sûrat Al-Mulk-verse 17). Here we have to remember the second verse we read in the Qur'an which is sad All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)) (Sûrat AlFâtihah-verse2).

Therefore we say "Glory to Allah" which is easy in saying. But the atheists are denying the graces of Allah and they believe that all of that were done by a blind coincidence, God says sad Say (O Muhammad): "Praise and thanks be to Allah, and peace be on His slaves whom He has chosen (for His Message)! Is Allah better, or (all) that you ascribe as partners (to Him)?" (Of course, Allah is better) * Is not He (better than your gods) who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for you water (rain) from the sky, whereby we cause to grow wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight? It is not in your ability to cause the growth of their trees. Is there any ilâh (God) with Allah? Nay, but they are a people who ascribe equals (to Him)!* is not He (better than your gods) who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water)? Is there any ilâh (God) with Allah? Nay, but most of them know not!* is not He (better than your gods) who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilâh (God) with Allah? Little is that you remember!* Is not He (better than your gods) Who guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain)? Is there any ilâh (God) with Allah? High Exalted be Allah above all that they associate as partners (to Him)!* is not He (better than your so-called gods) who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any ilâh (God) with Allah? Say: "Bring forth your proofs, if you are truthful."wink(Sûrat an-Naml- verse 59-64).
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Mazeed23: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2013
Masha Allah... I just read through this thread and all I can say is SubhanAllah, Allahu Akbar. This is further proof that Allah (SWT) is the one true God. May Allah guide the antheists and other disbelievers to the truth. May Allah reward You for puting this thread.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
JAZAKUMULLAHU KHAERAN,that's of the beauty of islam which is not in other religion
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
The Piercing star

It is a wonderful star, the piercing star which Allah Almighty Swear by it was discovered only in this century but Qur’an told us about it 1400 years ago…..

... An Imaginary picture for a star that emits the most powerful Piercing radiation ever discovered till now. Scientists say that surface of that star is so smooth and it consists of iron, so if we say that this star looks like a hammer that would be an accurate Simile from the scientific point of view

Also, they say that emitted waves by the Piercing star can penetrate anything, even our bodies as these waves penetrate us every moment but we don't feel.

Allah Almighty says about these stars: (By the heaven, and At-Târiq . And what will make you to know what At-Târiq is? (It is) the star of piercing brightnesswink[At-Târiq verse 1-3].

The Arabic meaning of the word” At-Târiq” is the knocker, so that when scientists hear the emitted sound they realized that it is like a hammer.

Who told prophet Mohamed peace be upon him about this scientific fact? Indeed He is Allah Almighty the creator of all things
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2013
The Sun

The sun is a beautiful star. God subjected it to us to give us heat and light. This star is very large and has a diameter of more than one million kilometers. And it is like a fiery ball which looks like a lamp that illuminates the... earth for us and without this sun we couldn't be able to see each other. Therefore we have to thank God as He subjected it for us.

God be he exalted says in his book about this great grace: (And We have made a shining lamp) [Surat An-Naba, verse: 13]. The word lamp means the sun that illuminates and shining means incandescent lighting and glowing. So thanks God for this great grace.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
Saving of pharaoh: So this day we shall deliver your dead body out the sea
Even, saving the body of pharaoh is a miracle that Allah Almighty told Muslims about it fourteen century ago. This miracle was behind one western scientist to convert to Islam……
Allah Almighty by His power made the pharaoh of Egypt to sink in the sea at the time of Prophet Moses but He Almighty willed the body of the pharaoh to be saved to be viewed to all people at recent days. Scientists who supervised the process of analyzing his body were astonished how he sank? And how his body was saved? Allah Almighty tells us about that pharaoh by saying sadSo this day we shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).){Sûrat Yûnus - Jonah –verse92}.
Who told prophet Mohamed peace be upon him about this unseen fact 1400 years ago!!!! Allah Almighty is the doer.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
Rotation of earth

Earth rotates every day around its axis in a circular movement
Earth rotates every day around its axis in a circular movement, its speed reach 1670km/h which is faster than Speed of sound (1200km/h) but we don’t feel this high speed. Allah Almighty says: (The Work of Allah, Who perfected all things){Sûrat An-Naml - The Ants –verse88}. Also earth is rotating one complete turn each year around sun, its speed during that movement reaches 100,000km/h
Also both earth and sun are rotating around center of the galaxy every 200 million years to complete one turn!!! And the entire galaxy rotates in a magnificent huge orbit, Allah Almighty says: (They all float, each in an orbit.){Sûrat Yâ-Sîn –verse 40}
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
new miracle: As if he is climbing up to the sky,

In this article we will see one of God's signs which refer to a new discovered scientific fact. Let us read ….

It was a human dream to climb up to the sky and there were many tries to do that from thousands of years, but all of them were ended by failure till the twenty century when human was able to study layers of the air and to uses that knowledge to fly and invade the space.

In a scientific way, the scientists started at the beginning of the twenty century to study the structure of the atmosphere and they proved that it consists of oxygen and nitrogen. The oxygen represents 21%of the air, the nitrogen is 78% and the other gases like carbon and water vapor are 1% of the air.

Any disturbance in these ratios will eliminate life on earth. But God's mercy had determined these ratios without any changes except in small ratios. Therefore God be He exalted made the sky as a roof to save and keep us from harmful objects in the space and also from the transmitted harmful rays from the sun.

Gravity and density laws "which were exploited by God to serve us" are dividing the atmosphere to many layers, each layer has its characteristics and benefits.

So the law of gravity holds the earth by the atmosphere during its turning. That atmosphere is attached to the earth despite the millions of years. Concerning the density law, the scientists had discovered that the heavy liquids goes down and the lighter goes up so when we mix oil with water in a cup, the oil became on the top and the water in the bottom because oil is lighter than the water.

The same is applying for gases ,as the light gas goes up and the heavy one goes down, that is what happens in the atmosphere , the air which is near to the earth ground is heavier than the air in the top layered………….

Hence, the air pressure, density and weight are gradually arranged till we reach the top layer of the atmosphere where there is no air or pressure.

The diminution of oxygen in the upper layers of the sky is a known scientific fact. So that we see mountains climbers put containers which are full of oxygen on their shoulders to breath with it while climbing because oxygen decreases at the tops of the mountains.

The first feeling when human ascends to a higher place is dyspnea and constriction in the lungs till he suffocates and dies. This scientific fact was unknown at the time of the descending of the Qur'an as no one at that time knew anything about what is called oxygen also no one knew that when we goes up oxygen decreases.

But the holy Qur'an described this scientific fact precisely when God be He exalted described the strayed man who is far from his God as if a human who is living in the upper layers of the atmosphere as he can't breath and always feels with dyspnea and constriction in the lungs till he reaches the maximum point where he is going to die. God says sad and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky)(Sûrat Al-An’âm- verse 125).

God gave human two lungs and exploited the air in the atmosphere to him; also He descended the Qur'an with orders of happiness in the world and in the hereafter. So if the human is far from these orders, he will be as if he is ascending to the upper layers of the atmosphere where there is no air so his breast will be closed and he will suffer in his life till he dies.

God be He exalted told us about this scientific fact from hundreds of years in concise and few words as He sayssadHe makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky).

Who told prophet Mohamed about this Physical Law? And who told him that human when ascends toward the sky feels with dyspnea and constriction in the lungs?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
One of our pious predecesors , Thabit bin Numan , was hungry and tired as he was passing through a garden that bordered a river and so his eyes became fixated on the fruits he saw on the various trees of the garden , in a fit of desperation , he forgot himself and extended his hand to an apple that was within reach , he ate half of it and then drank water from the river .But then he became overcome by guilt, despite the fact that he had only eaten because of a dire need , he said to himself : ‘’woe unto me ! how can I eat someone else’s fruits without his permission? I make it binding upon myself to not leave this place until I find the owner of this garden and ask him to forgive me for having eaten one of his apples ’’
After a brief search , he found the owner’s house .He knocked on the door, and the owner of the garden came out and asked him what he wanted !
Thabit bin Numan said : ‘’i entered your garden that borders the river , and i took this apple and ate half of it ,then I remembered that it does not belong to me , and so I ask you now to excuse me for having eaten it and to forgive me for my mistake , take its price or make me work with you without salary until you feel that I paid what I did ’’
The man said : ‘’ on one condition only will I forgive you for your mistakes ‘’
Thabit bin Numan asked : ‘’ and what is that condition ? ‘’
He said : ‘’that you marry my daughter ‘’
Thabit said : ‘’I will mary her‘’
The man said : ‘’but heed you this :indeed my daughter is blind , she does not see ; mute,she does not speak ; deaf ,she does not hear. ‘’
Thabit began to ponder over his situation ; a difficult predicament indeed did he find himself to be in now ;what should he do ? Not get out of it , thought Thabit for he realized that to be tested by such a woman , to take care of her , and to serve her …are all better than to eat from the foul matter of the hellfire as a reward for the apple that he ate .And after all , the days of this world are few and limited .And so he accepted the condition to marry the girl , seeking his reward from Allah , Lord of all that exists.He was nonetheless somewhat anxious in the days prior to the marriage .He thought : ‘’how can I have relations with a woman who neither speaks nor sees nor hears ? ‘’ So miserable , yet despite such apprehensions , he placed his complete trust upon Allah , and he said , ‘’There is neither might nor power except with Allah.Indeed to Allah we belong , and to him we return‘’
On the day of his marriage , he saw her for the first time .He enetered the house , he know that she is deaf and can not hear him so he said ‘’assalam alaikom’’ , he meant to give salaams to the angels guarding the house , but suddenly his deaf wife stood up, looked at him and said : ‘’wa alaikom assalam wa rahmatu Allah‘’
When he saw her grace and beauty , he was reminded of what he would see when he would imagine the fair maidens of paradise .After a brief pause , he said : ‘’What is this ? she indeed speaks , hears and sees ! ‘’ He then told her what he r father had said earlier
She said : ‘’My father spoken the truth ;He said I was a mute because I do not speak any forbidden word , and I have never spoken to a man who is not lawful to me , and I am indeed deaf in the sense that I have never sat in a gathering in which there is backbiting , slander , or false and vain speech .And I am blind in the sense that I have never looked upon a man who is not permissible for me neither did I look at any other forbidden thing ‘.’
My brothers/sisters , reflect on and learn a lesson from the story of this pious man and this pious woman ; the fruit of this noble marriage was the birth of a child who grew up to fill the earth with knowledge , he is the Imam Abu Hanifa An-Numan , may Allah have mercy on him …

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Embryo Life Cycle in Mother's Womb

By: Dr. / Zaghloul El-Naggar

'Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (A.S.) narrated, " The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) who is the truthful, the one believed by the people, said to us:

"Verily, each of you is gathered together (the components of his creation) in his mother's womb for forty days, in the form of a drop of fluid (Nutfah). Then it is a clinging object ('Alaqah) for a similar (period). Thereafter, it is a lump looking like it has been chewed (Mudghah) for a similar (period). The angel is then sent to him and breathes into him the spirit. He is also commanded to issue four decrees: to record his sustenance, his life span, his deeds and (whether he will be) unhappy (by entering Hell) or happy (by entering Paradise). I swear by Allah, other than Whom there is no God, certainly one of you will definitely perform the deeds of the people of Paradise except for an arm's length and then what has been recorded will overtake him and he shall perform the deeds of the people of Hell and enter it. And, certainly, one of you will definitely perform the acts of the people of the Hell until there is not between him and Hell except an arm's length and then what has been recorded will overtake him and he shall perform the deeds of the people of Paradise and enter it."

The narration of Muslim on the authority of Ibn Mas'ud (A.S.), "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) who is truthful, the believed, said to us:

"Verily, each of you is gathered together in his mother's womb for forty days. Then it is therein a clinging object ('Alaqah) during this period. Therefore, it is therein a lump looking like it has been chewed (Mudghah) in this period. The angel is then sent to him and breathes into him the spirit. He is also commanded to issue four decrees: to record his sustenance, his life span, his deeds and (whether he will be) unhappy (by entering Hell) or happy (by entering Paradise). I swear by Allah, other than Whom there is no God, certainly one of you will definitely perform the deeds of the people of Paradise except for an arm's length and then what has been recorded will overtake him and he shall perform the deeds of the people of Hell and enter it. And, certainly, one of you will definitely perform the acts of the people of the Hell until there is not between him and Hell except an arm's length and then what has been recorded will overtake him and he shall perform the deeds of the people of Paradise and enter it."

The Explanation of the Hadith

This hadith indicates that the fetus goes through three stages: Nutfah (a drop or a small amount of water, but here it is interpreted as the zygote), 'Alaqah (a leech-like structure or bloodsucker) and Mudghah (chewed substance or chewed lump). These stages take 40 days after the fertilization of the ovum.

The Mudghah does not take the shape of a human in any sense. It starts to gradually change into the human shape and the fifth days following its creation, i.e. the period between the 40th to 45th days after fertilization. On the 45th day, the major body organs and skeleton are distinctly formed and cell division continues afterwards.

The term Nutfah in general means little amount of water, equivalent to almost a drop. In embryology, this drop refers to the sperm or the ovum. However, in the hadith, the Nutfah refers to the zygote or the fertilized ovum, which is called in the Qur'an "Nutfah Amshaj" (mixed drop) formed by the union of the sperm and the ovum.

The "Nutfah Amshaj" continues to grow through cell division, until the morula (a globular solid mass) is formed four days after conception. On the 5th day, the morula is divided in two halves, forming what is called the blastocyst. On the 6th day, the Nutfah reaches the final stage of its growth, when it is completely embedded in the uterine wall. Its length reaches up to 0.5 to 0.68 mm. Then the 'Alaqah (clot of blood) begins to be gradually formed. By the end of the second week, the embryo inside the blastocyst clings to the endometrium of the uterus, in the same way that a water leech clings to the skin of the host. Just as the leech derives blood from the host, the human embryo (inside the blastocyst) derives blood from the pregnant endometrium.

This stage takes about a week for the blastocyst to anchor itself completely to the wall of the chorionic cavity by a connecting stalk, which later forms the umbilical cord. The embryo at this stage is almost two weeks old, and the length of the 'Alaqah is between 1.5-3 mm. The umbilical cord takes about 10 days to grow (from day 6 to 16 after conception). The embryo acquires the full shape of a leech after three weeks from conception. The leech has a deep neural groove, with the appearance of some small nubbins on the sides of the body and the forehead also starts to be prominent.

By the 24th or the 25th day, the stage of 'Alaqah ends. After two days, the 'Alaqah starts to change into the Mudghah. One somite appears first, then the number increases between 40-45 somites. They give the shape of the Mudghah, which resembles a chewed piece of flesh. This stage ends by the 6th week of gestation. The fetus, at this stage, is almost 1 cm long.

Starting from the 7th week, bones begin to be formed. At this stage, the fetus length varies between 14 mm to 20 mm. Its body straightens up and the nidus of his fingers appears.

In the 8th week, the stage of muscle formation starts. The fetus is a bout 2 to 3 cm long.

From the 9th week to the 38th week of gestation, the last stage of creation starts. This stage gives the fetus a human appearance. The bones are covered with muscles, the muscles covered with skin and each part of the body starts to have a distinct shape. The rate of growth is slow at the beginning. After the 12th week, the rate of the fetus formation speeds up clearly until the moment of birth.

The hadith of the Prophet (PBUH) indicates that the first three stages from the Nutfah to the Mudghah take about 40 days, which is proved by modern scientific facts. Some hadith scholars understood that this period takes about 120 days (40 days each), but this is contradicted by another hadith of the Prophet (PBUH) where he says:

"When forty two nights have passed over the Nutfah, Allah sends an Angel to it, who shapes it and makes its ears, eyes, skin, flesh, and bones."

Studies in embryology proved that these stages of the formation of bones, skin, ears etc. start only by the end of the 6th week of gestation, i.e. 42 nights, which proves the truthfulness of the Prophet's hadith. The misunderstanding came from the expression "similar (period)". Some thought that it means each stage takes 40 days to be complete. However, looking at the other narrations, we understand that "a similar period" refers to the gathering of the components of creation, which includes the three stages mentioned in the hadith.

We still need to ask ourselves, how did the Prophet (PBUH) tell us in such accurate expressions about these stages which do not exceed 10 mm in size, something that is beyond the estimation of man at this period of time, when nobody could ever see what is going on inside the womb during various stages of pregnancy?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by BetaThings: 6:36am On Apr 24, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ Miracles are only done by God

I never insulted adeboye, where did you get that from?

I made only one comment on that thread, and it was mocking myself...

Don't bother; falsehood is an integral part of Christianity
They talk about Islam without knowledge because confirming the truth does not matter
If they can publish fake "Qur'an", is it too much for them to lie against an individual

As for miracles by man, let T B Joshua heal his sick sister first
And there are a lot of people on admission in LUTH, let them go there and put us "doubters" to shame
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
Creation of man from Clots

"Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists). He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). "
(Surat Al-'Alaq (The Clot):1-2).

Those two ayahs appear at the beginning of Surat Al-'Alaq (the Clot). It consists of 19 ayahs and was revealed in Makkah. The surah has one recitation prostration, which is the last recitation prostration in the Ever-Glorious Qur'an.

This surah was named Al-Alaq because it points to one of the stages of the human creation, in which the embryo resembles the leech worm, that is called in Arabic al 'alaq worm, in appearance and its way of feeding.

The principal axis, which this surah revolves around, is the period from the beginning of revelation to the Seal of the Prophets and Messengers (SAWS); and what accompanied that, from stressing the belief in Allah (SWT) Who is the Creator and Possessor of all things. He (The Exalted) created man from a piece of thick coagulated blood that is called in Arabic al 'alaq and commanded him to acquire knowledge and sciences. He (SWT) also praised reading and the pen.

The surah stresses the fact that Allah (SWT) is the source of every useful science and correct knowledge because it is He Who taught man what he did not know; Allah (SWT) says, “He has taught man that which knew not.” (Surat Al-'Alaq (The Clot):5). That is one of the reasons why man must worship Allah, obey His orders and avoid doing all the deeds that Allah has forbidden. However, man is usually predominated by wealth, glory, fame, vanity and power; he forgets that all these are just gifts from Allah which He bestows on His slaves. Man is overpowered by those gifts and forgets to prostrate to Allah in worship to thank Him. Man forgets that he will return one day to Allah no matter how long he lives. Therefore, the noble surah assures the certainty of the hereafter including: resurrection, judgment, punishment and reward.

Tenets of Faith in Surat Al-Alaq

(1)
(1)The absolute belief that Allah (SWT) is The Creator of everything. Thus, He is, alone, The One Who deserves to be subjected and submitted to through worship with no partner, resemblance, competitor, companion, or child.
(2)Submitting to the fact that Allah (SWT) creates man in a number of successive phases that start with the 'alaqah phase. Those phases are extremely minute in size. Thus, someone of such origin should never transgress all boundaries with Allah (SWT) through committing sins and evil deeds, nor should he become a tyrant and oppress the creatures of Allah (SWT).

(3)The belief that Allah (The Creator) is the Provider, the Supreme Power, and the Everlasting Sovereign. He is the Most Generous and, accordingly, He is The Only One to Whom we should turn for refuge, seek His aid and ask for our needs.

(4)The ascertaining that science is bestowed by Allah, the All-Knowing and the Ever-Wise, on His worshippers. He cultivated knowledge in their father Adam (AS) the moment he was created and Adam in turn passed it on to the succeeding generation.

(5)The submission to the fact that Allah (SWT) taught man what he did not know.

(6)The belief in the hereafter including: resurrection, the gathering (or banishment), returning to Allah (SWT), the judgment, and the reward and punishment.

(7)The certainty and belief that Allah (SWT) is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, and the All-Knowing Who sees everything and hears every whisper.

Signs of Creation in Surat Al-Alaq

1. Emphasizing the issue of creation and that Allah, the Creator, the Maker and the Fashioner, is the One Who created everything and is the God and the Possessor of everything.

2. Pointing to the fact that man is created in a phase, which exactly resembles the leech worm, al 'alaq, in its shape and means of nutrition.

3. Assuring that Allah (SWT) is the source of every useful science and correct knowledge; and that He (SWT) is the one Who has taught (the writing) by the pen and taught man that which he knew not.

4. Pointing out that one of the human characteristics is the inclination towards despotism when one feels self-sufficient and rich.

5. Assuring the certainty of resurrection and the return to Allah (SWT).

6. Indicating that the forelock is the place where decisions are made.

7. Hinting to the value of kneeling in prostration in the relationship between Allah (SWT) and his slave (man).

Each one of those issues needs individual explanation. However, I will restrict my article here to the second point in the above list, namely, the subject of the second ayah of Surat al-Alaq.

The Linguistic Implications in This Sacred Ayah:

The terms (Aalaqah and Alaq) in the Ever-Glorious Qur'an
The two ayahs that we are discussing both came in Surat al-Alaq in which Allah (SWT) says in its beginning what can be translated as, "Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists). He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood)." (Surat Al-'Alaq (The Clot):1-2).
This is the only time that the term 'alaq is mentioned in its plural form in the Ever-Glorious Qur'an, while 'alaqah, which is the singular form, was mentioned five times in the Qur'an and as follows:

“O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily We have created you (i.e. Adam) from dust, then from a Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge i.e. the offspring of Adam), then from a clot, (a piece of thick coagulated blood)…” (Surat Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage):5).

“Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh…” (Surat Al-Mu'minûn (The Believers):14).

“It is He, Who has created you (Adam) from dust, then from a Nutfah (mixed semen drops of male and female sexual discharge (i.e. Adam's offspring)), then from a clot (piece of coagulated blood); …” (Surat Ghâfîr (The Forgiver):67).

“Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female sexual discharge) of semen emitted (poured forth)? (37) Then he became an 'Alaqah (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion. (38) And made of him two sexes, male and female. (39)” (Surat Al-Qiyâmah: 37-39).

In all of these five cases the terms 'alaqah and 'alaq refer to a specific phase in the phases of the human embryo development. It is when the embryo or the blastocystþ takes the form of the 'alaq worm (leech) in that it is attached to the walls of the uterus just as the worm is attached to the host it will feed on. The embryo in this stage is fed on the mother’s blood just as the worm is fed on its host.

The Ever-Glorious Qur'an described the phases of the embryo development 14 centuries ago in an amazing and extraordinary precise manner. The embryo in these phases is extremely minute in size, so to describe them at that time when there was no means of magnification, imaging or medical examination, is considered one of the scientific miracles of Allah’s Book, especially that the acquired sciences reached these facts in only the late decades of the 20th century. Scientists were able to describe those stages according to their time span in days and weeks; however, they are still unable to give a full and complete description.

The length of the al'aqah ranges from 0.7 to 3.5 mm. It is difficult to detect it with the naked eye in the miscarried fetus, as it is usually immersed in blood and the remnant tissues.

Thus, the Ever-Glorious Qur'anic references to these phases, in such a precise description of the human embryo's successive phases, is proof that the Ever-Glorious Qur’an is the word of Allah, the Creator, and that Muhammad Ibn-Abdullah (SAWS) is the Seal of His Prophets and Messengers. Moreover, it is evidence for the link of the Prophet (SAWS) to the Revelation and to the teachings of Allah (SWT), the Creator of the heavens and earth.

That is why no sane person could ever imagine that the source of this elevated, precise and accurate science, at that remote and distant time, could ever be from anyone other than Allah (SWT), the Creator, whose Knowledge encompasses everything.

The Scientific Implications of the Sacred Ayah

The two sacred ayahs chosen for this article point to the creation of man (i.e. all Adam’s descendents) from a specific embryonic stage, which Allah (SWT) named al-Alaq. The 'alaq (leech) is of the class Annelida or what is called Class Hirudinia that usually lives in fresh water, a few of them live in salty water or even on earth in the tropical and semi-tropical moist forests. This worm lives as a parasite on many vertebral hosts to suck blood. It might also live as a parasite on the non-vertebral seashells.

Allah (SWT) has provided these blood-sucking worms with certain chemical compounds that prevent blood from clotting to enable them to suck the blood required for their needs. These compounds are known as Hirudin, from which the title Class Hirudinia is derived.

It was a wonder that the embryologists in the 20th century discovered that during the first two weeks of the embryo’s life, the blastocyst becomes attached to the wall of the uterus through the primary placenta, which is converted later on to the umbilical cord.

Throughout the growing process, the cells multiply, and the different systems start to take their primary form such as the nervous system represented by the spinal cord, and the circulatory system represented by the heart, the veins and arteries. The embryo elongates from the onset of the third week (from the 21st to the 25th day) taking the shape of the 'alaq worm (leech).

The embryo not only resembles this worm's attachment to the host's body, by attaching to the uterus walls, but also it feeds on the mother’s blood the just as the worm feeds on the host’s blood.

Thus the Qur'anic description of this phase of the embryo’s development, by saying what can be translated as, “He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).” (Surat Al-'Alaq (The Clot):2) is a real miracle. This ayah was revealed in an era which lacked means of magnification, medical examination or imaging to know about such a clot that ranges from 0.7 to 3.5 in length.

This stage is known as 'The Attachment and Implantation Stage'. The blastula gets nearer to the mucous membrane lining the uterus until it becomes stuck to the upper part after six to seven days from the day of fertilization. The outer cells of the blastula then start to bite into the uterus walls and become embedded in it by a number of minute tissues immersed in blood. Thus, a direct connection is formed between the embryo and the mother’s blood. The 'alaqah is fed on that blood in addition to the uterine milk secreted by thousands of the uterine glands.

On about the 12th or 13th day after fertilization, the opening, through which the blastula reached the uterus membrane, is closed by a number of lymphatic and blood cells. Then some coating cells that constitute the inner membrane of the uterus cover it.

After this first stage, at which the embryo is attached to the uterus wall and implanted in it, the chorion starts forming from the outer blastula cells as well as a pluck to connect the embryo and chorion in which the blood vessels are formed to feed the embryo and to ensure its strong suspension to the womb's wall.

This 'alaqa phase lasts approximately from the 15th to the 24th or 25th day after the fertilization process. Although in this phase the embryo is minute in size, the embryologists have noticed the rapid multiplication of the cells and its active role in the formation of the body’s systems, the beginning of the appearance of a deep nervous split at the end of the back part of the embryo, and the formation of a small number of lobes. The head fold also becomes clear and the embryo then moves to the second phase, which is called the modghah which we will discuss in an upcoming article if Allah wills.

From this presentation, it becomes clear to us that the Qur'anic description of the phases of the human embryo is more precise, more comprehensive and more perfect than any description that modern sciences have reached. This description, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when there was no means for magnification or examination, is considered one of the greatest scientific miracles in Allah’s Book.

It is a miracle that proves that this cherished Ever-Glorious Book can never be a human product, but rather the words of Allah (SWT), the Creator, which He has revealed by His knowledge that encompasses everything, to His Seal of Prophets and Messengers (SAWS). Allah (SWT) has protected His Book for the past 14 centuries and will continue to do so until He inherits the earth with all that is on it by the oath He took upon Himself in the same language of the revelation, the Arabic language.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Darkness under Sea

The holy verse:

God be he exalted says: (Or [the state of a disbeliever] is like the darkness in a vast deep sea, overwhelmed with waves topped by waves, topped by dark clouds, (layers of) darkness upon darkness: if a man stretches out his hand, he can hardly see it! And he for whom Allah has not appointed light, for him there is no light.) [Surat An-Nur, verse: 40].

The explanation of the verse:

God be he blessed and exalted talks in this Quranic text about those who disbelieved in God's verses and denied His meeting and disclaimed the Prophet. So those people and their works that they have done in their lives are like a man that runs behind a mirage, panting behind it and when he reaches it he found nothing but his bad work. And this unbeliever is like a man living in the darkness of a deep sea and can hardly see anything because of the accumulated darkness.

Al-Imam Al-Qurtuby may Allah have mercy on him said: (in a vast deep sea) is the sea that we couldn't see its bottom and vast means the sea when the waves clash. And it was recently discovered that there are interior waves in the deep sees.

Scientific fact:

When scientists went down to the depths of the oceans, they found that deep sees have great darkness. And at the depth of one kilometer one could hardly see something and the darkness increases if the surface sea waves are high as they contribute in blocking the sunlight.

They have also found that at the depths of the deep sees, there are internal waves that no one could see unless he goes down to depths of more than one thousand meters and these waves could be harder than the surface waves.

The point of inimitability:

In this Quranic text there are two scientific signs:

1-Talking about the darkness in the deep sees and this is what scientists have recently discovered and it wasn't known at the time of the coming down of Quran.

2-Referring to the internal deep waves and it was also recently discovered by scientists and it was mentioned in the verse as Almighty God says: (overwhelmed with waves topped by waves).
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2013
Owls’ eyes:

Did you know that owls’ eyes are specially created to allow them to live at night?

With their eyes, located perfectly at the front of their heads, owls can see some 10 times clearer than human beings.

Interestingly, owls cannot move their eyes. They can only look straight ahead. Yet by means of the highly flexible structure of their necks, they can rotate their heads up to 270 degrees, Aand this gives them a very wide field of vision.

In some species of owls, the eyes represent five percent of the birds’ total body weight. This is a very high figure. Were this applied to human beings it would mean us having eyes the size of large grapefruit.

Another feature of owls’ eyes is that they contain a high proportion of rod cells. These are sensitive to light and allows them to see superbly in the dark.

The perfect and precise distance between the eyes of owls, which hunt at night, is also specially created and reinforces depth perception .

Allah is He Who flawlessly creates all living things together with the properties they need.

I seek refuge in Alah from the accursed satan:

The Originator of the heavens and earth. When He decides on something, He just says to it, ‘Be!’ and it is. (Surat al-Baqara, 117
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2013
The Spider's Web

"… but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider’s house - if they knew."

(Surat Al-'Ankabût (The Spider): 41)

By: Dr. / Zaghloul El-Naggar

This Qura'nic verse appears at the beginning of the second part of Surat al-'Ankabût (The Spider). It is a Makkan surah and has a total number of 69 ayahs following the Basmalah. This surah was named as such because it compares disbelievers and polytheists, who seek protection and support in things or people rather than in Allah (SWT), to the spider that seeks refuge in its house, the flimsiest of houses. This is the only verse in which the spider is mentioned in the whole of the noble Qur'an.

The main theme of this surah is believing in Allah (SWT). It tackles the ordeals inflicted upon believers because of their faith and what they might go through as a result of holding on to Allah's religion and calling others to embrace it. This is all due to the inevitable conflict between right and wrong, and between the followers of both paths.

To emphasize this worldly custom, the surah describes what happened to some of Allah’s Prophets and Messengers who were hindered on their paths of calling to Allah (SWT). It also presents examples of tyrannical characters and nations, severely punished for their sins. It demeans those disbelievers and polytheists and sets them as an example before everyone. Moreover, Surat Al-'Ankabût links the righteousness in Allah's religion to that in the heavens and on earth. It asserts the Oneness of Allah (SWT) and unifies the divine messages. The surah also calls upon believers to hold on to their religion, or to emigrate at times of affliction, while still holding on to their faith. Surat Al-'Ankabût glorifies jihad (the struggle for the sake of religion) and the mujahidin (strugglers) striving to serve Allah (SWT). The surah confirms that ordeals are essential in life and lays stress on the responsibility of individuals, and the individuality of consequences. It clarifies the destinies of the believers, hypocrites, and disbelievers. Finally, the surah concludes with how Allah (SWT) brings forth to the mujahidin good tidings and instills firmness in their faith.

Signs of Creation in Surat Al-Ankabût:

1. It asserts that only Allah (SWT) can easily create and recreate. This can be seen at a smaller scale in the endless cycle of life and death that takes place through the constant process of reproduction, for as long as Allah (SWT) wills. Moreover, there is the cycle of creation of celestial bodies, their destruction, disappearance into the cosmic cloud of dust, and recreation from this same dust. The water cycle around the earth is a case in point, and so are the cycles of rocks and the cycles of the earth’s surface formulation. Furthermore, there is the creation of matter and energy, their interchange, their extermination and recreation, in addition to other cycles as well.

2. It indicates that wandering around in the land, meditating on rocks and studying the evidences of life on such rocks, are the means by which man can get to know the history of the earth and the truth about the origins of life. Such facts were verified by studies conducted in the field of Geology.

3. It confirms that recreation in the hereafter, following the destruction of the universe, shall follow the same path by which creation originated.

4. It asserts that the spider's web is the flimsiest of all houses, on both the physical and spiritual levels. This was ascertained by recent studies in the field of Zoology.

5. There are also several historical and psychological signs directly related to scientific research. However, they are not of relevance to the topic we are currently looking; the signs of creation in the noble Qur'an.

Since each of the above statements requires a separate explanation on its own, I shall focus here on the issue of the weak nature of the spider's web, which Allah (SWT) used as an example in the 41st ayah of Surat Al-‘Ankabût. Accordingly, it is important to quickly review the interpretations made by a number of scholars in this context.

The Scholars’ Interpretations:

"The likeness of those who take (false deities as) Auliyâ’ (protectors, helpers) other than Allâh is the likeness of a spider who builds (for itself) a house; but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider’s house - if they but knew." (Surat Al-'Ankabût (The Spider): 41)

What Ibn-Kathir (RA), a renowned Islamic scholar, has reported in this context, in a nutshell, is that Allah (SWT) has set this as a parable for the disbelievers who seek gods other than Allah (SWT) for support, food and assistance in hardships. The spider's web here, with its fragility and frailty, shows that holding on to such gods who possess no kind of power whatsoever is just like holding on to a spider's web that is of no use. Had they known this, they would not have taken protectors other than Allah (SWT). On the other hand, Muslims, who strongly believe in Allah (SWT), and abide by his rules, have succeeded in grasping the most trustworthy handhold that shall never break due to its strength and firmness.

In Safwat Al-Bayan Lema'ani Al-Qur'an (Selected Explanations for the Meanings of the Qur'an), the author (RA) likened disbelievers who worship and rely on false deities, seeking their help and forgiveness, to a spider that weaves a shelter that does not provide protection from heat or cold, rain or harm. The spider was defined as a well-known creature that weaves loose thin threads in the air. Al-'Ankabût can be used to refer to the singular, plural, male and female forms of the word. However, it is more commonly used as the feminine form. The last two letters of the word Al-'Ankabût, waw and taa’, are additional, just like in the word taghût (tyrant). The plural forms of Al-'Ankabût are anakeb and anakeeb.

The Spider from the Scientific Perspective:

The spider is of kingdom Animalia. It belongs to class Arachnida, and phylum Arthoropoda. Arachnida comprises order Araneae along with other orders that include scorpions, ticks, and mites.

The spider's body is divided into two segments. The head and thorax are combined into one body segment, and the abdomen constitutes the second body segment. The front segment holds four pairs of legs, one pair of short, leg-like appendages called pedipalps, and one pair of pliers-shaped fangs called chelicerae (biting mouthparts), where the glands are. A slim waist separates the front segment of the body from its rear part.

The spider has as many as eight simple eyes, and sometimes less. It is a predator that feeds on insects and other arthropods. It has a thick cuticle or hard shell, covered with hair. The spider grows by shedding its cuticle from seven to eight times before its full maturation. Nowadays, zoologists can identify up to forty thousand species of spiders varying in length (going from less than one mm to 10 cms), shape, and color. Most of them can be classified as terrestrial animals, and they are usually alone except during mating and egg hatching. Spiders are widespread in habitats that range from those at sea level to those 5000 m above sea level.

Normally a spider has three pairs of spinnerets (may range from 1-4 pairs), which are outgrowing mobile appendages below the abdomen. They have minute spigots through which the spider secretes the fluid that is used in producing the threads that make up the web. This fluid substance, secreted by a number of special glands through ducts opening to the outside through the spigots at the back of the abdomen, becomes solid when drawn out of the spider and subjected to the air. This drying process results in forming threads of different kinds, lengths, and strengths, each according to the type of gland that secreted it.

The spider might stay in its home, doing all its mundane activities, or seek a nest or burrow other than its home and link it to its web by a thread known as the catching or signal thread. The spider takes refuge in this hiding place when in danger.

Scientific Implications of the Qura'nic Ayah

First: Using the singular form of the word “Spider”:

In Lisan El-Arab lexicon (The Arab’s Tongue), and under the entry of 'ankab (the root form of the Arabic word for spider), the derivative form 'ankabût (spider) refers to a small living creature that weaves delicate loose threads in the air and on top of wells. It mentions as well that 'ankabût has probably been mentioned in poetry. The spider's house is referred to as al-'akdaba.

Al-Feraa said that al-'ankabût is feminine, whereas some Arabs use the word to denote the masculine form as well. The plural forms of the word are: al-'ankabûtat, al-'anakeb, and al-‘anakeeb. The diminutive form of the word is 'onaykeb. In the Yemeni dialect, the spider is referred to as 'ankabah. It can also be referred to as 'ankaba'a and 'ankabûh. Moreover, Sibaway has referred to the spider as 'ankaba'a, thus implying that the last letter ta'a in the Arabic word 'ankabût is additional. Therefore, it cannot be determined whether the word is used as singular or plural.

Ibn-al-I'rabi says that al-'ankab is used for the male spider and al-'ankaba for the female spider. It is also said that al-'ankab is the genus of al-'ankabût, and that al-'ankabût could be used as either masculine or feminine. Al-Mabrad says that al-'ankabût is a feminine term that could be used as a masculine one. Accordingly, it is predominant that the word al-'ankabût refers to the singular feminine form of the word spider, and the plural is 'anakeb.

According to the above, naming the surah by the singular form of the word, al-'Ankabût, highlights the individualistic life the spider leads, except during mating and the hatching of eggs. This stands in contrast with each of Surat Al-Nahl (The Bees) and Surat Al-Naml (The Ants), where both refer to the plural form of the name of the creature; highlighting the communal life such insects lead.

Second: Implications of the Qura'nic Ayah"… that takes to itself a home":

This Qura'nic ayah clearly shows that the female spider is primarily the one that weaves the web. Accordingly, weaving the web is a mission undertaken by female spiders. Although the male spider might occasionally take part in the construction, the restoration or expansion of the web, the mission itself is carried out mainly by the female spider. This uncovers the scientific miracle in the words of Allah (SWT), "…takes a house", where the word “takes” that is used in the Arabic text refers mainly to the female and not the male.

Third: Implications of the Qura'nic Ayah "… and surely the feeblest of homes is indeed the spider's house ":
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by truthman2012(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2013
hadbak: isn't it obvious that Adegboyes miracle is man made in order to sell/advertise his church?

What power does a man have to do miracles? Jesus said 'greater things than the miracles He did we would do'. Pastor Adeboye doing miracles is the fulfilment of the words of Jesus.

Miracles happen only at the mention of Jesus name. This is why nobody can do them in the name of any other so-called religion founders. If you would allow the spirit of Jesus to live inside you, you too will experience miracles.

Jesus said miracle working (not fighting) is a sign that a person is sent by God. God would not send a prophet without the power to do what no man can do.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2013
adeboye is using demon power. while jesus (pbhm) used the power of GOD
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2013
THE PRESERVATION OF PHARAOH'S BODY

As we shall see later on, Pharaoh regarded himself as a deity and responded with slanders and threats to Prophet Musa's (as) calls for him to believe in Allah. This arrogant attitude lasted until he was faced with the threat of death through drowning. The Qur'an relates that Pharaoh immediately turned to belief when faced with Allah's punishment:

We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he [Pharaoh] said: "I believe that there is no god but Him in Whom the tribe of Israel believes. I am one of the Muslims." (Qur'an, 10:90)

However, this last-minute conversion was not accepted, for it was not sincere. According to the Qur'an, Allah exclaimed:

"What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Qur'an, 10:91-92)

The information that Pharaoh's corpse would serve as a sign for later generations may be regarded as an indication that his body would not decay. On display in the Royal Mummies Chamber of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is a mummified body believed to be that of this tyrant. In all likelihood, Pharaoh's body floated to shore after being drowned, was found and mummified by the Egyptians, and then carried to a previously prepared burial chamber.182
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 2:46pm On May 16, 2013
The Victory of Byzantium in Quran! Subhan Allah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another astonishing piece of revelation that the Qur'an gives about the future is to be found in the first verses of Sura Rum, which refers to the Byzantine Empire, the eastern part of the later Roman Empire. In these verses, it is stated that the Byzantine Empire had met with a great defeat, but that it would soon gain victory.

"Elif, Lam, Mim. The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, but after their defeat they will themselves be victorious in a few years' time. The affair is God's from beginning to end."
(The Qur'an, 30:1-4)

These verses were revealed around 620 AD, almost seven years after the severe defeat of Christian Byzantium at the hands of the idolater Persians. Yet it was related in the verses that Byzantium would shortly be victorious. In fact, Byzantium had then suffered such heavy losses that it seemed impossible for it even to survive, let alone be victorious again. Not only the Persians, but also Avars, Slavs and Lombards posed serious threats to the Byzantine Empire. The Avars had reached as far as the walls of Constantinople. The Byzantine Emperor Heraclius had ordered the gold and silver in churches to be melted and turned into money in order to meet the expenses of the army. When these proved insufficient, even bronze statues were melted down to be turned into money. Many governors had revolted against Emperor Heraclius, and the empire was on the point of collapse. Mesopotamia, Cilicia, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and Armenia, which had earlier belonged to Byzantium, were invaded by the idolater Persians.

In short, everyone was expecting the Byzantine Empire to be destroyed. But right at that moment, the first verses of Sura Rum were revealed, announcing that Byzantium would triumph in a few years' time. This victory seemed so impossible that Arab polytheists had gone so far as to make fun of these verses. They thought that the victory announced in the Qur'an would never come true.

Around seven years after the revelation of the first verses of Sura Rum, in December 627 AD, a decisive battle between Byzantium and the Persian Empire was fought at Nineveh. And this time the Byzantine army unexpectedly defeated the Persians. A few months later, the Persians had to make an agreement with Byzantium, which obliged them to return the territories they had taken from it.

At the end, "the victory of the Romans," proclaimed by God in the Qur'an, miraculously came true.

Another miracle revealed in these verses is the announcement of a geographical fact that could not have been known by anyone at that time.

In the third verse of Sura Rum, we are informed that the Romans had been defeated in the lowest region of the Earth. This expression, "Adna al Ard" in Arabic, is interpreted as "a nearby place" in many translations. Yet this is not the literal meaning of the original statement, but rather a figurative interpretation of it. The word "Adna" in Arabic is derived from the word "deni", which means "low" and "ard", which means "world". Therefore the expression "Adna al Ard" means "the lowest place on the Earth".

Most interestingly, the crucial stages of the war fought between the Byzantine Empire and the Persians, when the Byzantines were defeated and lost Jerusalem, had really taken place at the lowest point on earth. This specified region is the Dead Sea basin, which is situated at the intersection point of the lands belonging to Syria, Palestine, and Jordan. The "Dead Sea", lying 395 meters below sea level, really is the lowest region on Earth.

This means that the Byzantines were defeated at the lowest part of the world, just as stated in the verse.

The most interesting point lies in the fact that the altitude of the Dead Sea could only be measured with modern measurement techniques. Before that, it was impossible for anyone to know that it was the lowest region on the surface of the Earth. Yet, this region was stated to be the lowest point on the Earth in the Qur'an. Hence, this provides further evidence that the Qur'an is divine revelation.
Photo: The Victory of Byzantium in Quran! Subhan Allah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another astonishing piece of revelation that the Qur'an gives about the future is to be found in the first verses of Sura Rum, which refers to the Byzantine Empire, the eastern part of the later Roman Empire. In these verses, it is stated that the Byzantine Empire had met with a great defeat, but that it would soon gain victory. "Elif, Lam, Mim. The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, but after their defeat they will themselves be victorious in a few years' time. The affair is God's from beginning to end." (The Qur'an, 30:1-4) These verses were revealed around 620 AD, almost seven years after the severe defeat of Christian Byzantium at the hands of the idolater Persians. Yet it was related in the verses that Byzantium would shortly be victorious. In fact, Byzantium had then suffered such heavy losses that it seemed impossible for it even to survive, let alone be victorious again. Not only the Persians, but also Avars, Slavs and Lombards posed serious threats to the Byzantine Empire. The Avars had reached as far as the walls of Constantinople. The Byzantine Emperor Heraclius had ordered the gold and silver in churches to be melted and turned into money in order to meet the expenses of the army. When these proved insufficient, even bronze statues were melted down to be turned into money. Many governors had revolted against Emperor Heraclius, and the empire was on the point of collapse. Mesopotamia, Cilicia, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and Armenia, which had earlier belonged to Byzantium, were invaded by the idolater Persians. In short, everyone was expecting the Byzantine Empire to be destroyed. But right at that moment, the first verses of Sura Rum were revealed, announcing that Byzantium would triumph in a few years' time. This victory seemed so impossible that Arab polytheists had gone so far as to make fun of these verses. They thought that the victory announced in the Qur'an would never come true. Around seven years after the revelation of the first verses of Sura Rum, in December 627 AD, a decisive battle between Byzantium and the Persian Empire was fought at Nineveh. And this time the Byzantine army unexpectedly defeated the Persians. A few months later, the Persians had to make an agreement with Byzantium, which obliged them to return the territories they had taken from it. At the end, "the victory of the Romans," proclaimed by God in the Qur'an, miraculously came true. Another miracle revealed in these verses is the announcement of a geographical fact that could not have been known by anyone at that time. In the third verse of Sura Rum, we are informed that the Romans had been defeated in the lowest region of the Earth. This expression, "Adna al Ard" in Arabic, is interpreted as "a nearby place" in many translations. Yet this is not the literal meaning of the original statement, but rather a figurative interpretation of it. The word "Adna" in Arabic is derived from the word "deni", which means "low" and "ard", which means "world". Therefore the expression "Adna al Ard" means "the lowest place on the Earth". Most interestingly, the crucial stages of the war fought between the Byzantine Empire and the Persians, when the Byzantines were defeated and lost Jerusalem, had really taken place at the lowest point on earth. This specified region is the Dead Sea basin, which is situated at the intersection point of the lands belonging to Syria, Palestine, and Jordan. The "Dead Sea", lying 395 meters below sea level, really is the lowest region on Earth. This means that the Byzantines were defeated at the lowest part of the world, just as stated in the verse. The most interesting point lies in the fact that the altitude of the Dead Sea could only be measured with modern measurement techniques. Before that, it was impossible for anyone to know that it was the lowest region on the surface of the Earth. Yet, this region was stated to be the lowest point on the Earth in the Qur'an. Hence, this provides further evidence that the Qur'an is divine revelation.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2013
WORD REPETITIONS IN THE QUR'AN

Apart from the miraculous characteristics of the Qur'an which we have looked into so far, it also contains what we can term "mathematical miracles." There are many examples of this fascinating Qur'anic aspect. One example of this is the number of repetitions of certain words in the Qur'an. Some related words are surprisingly repeated the same number of times. Below is a list of such words and the number of repetitions in the Qur'an.

The statement of "seven heavens" is repeated seven times. "The creation of the heavens (khalq as-samawat)" is also repeated seven times.

"Day (yawm)" is repeated 365 times in singular form, while its plural and dual forms "days (ayyam and yawmayn)" together are repeated 30 times. The number of repetitions of the word "month" (shahar) is 12.

The number of repetitions of the words "plant" and "tree" is the same: 26

The word "payment or reward" is repeated 117 times, while the expression "forgiveness" (mughfirah), which is one of the basic morals of the Qur'an, is repeated exactly twice that amount, 234 times.

When we count the word "Say," we find it appears 332 times. We arrive at the same figure when we count the phrase "they said."

The number of times the words, "world" (dunya) and "hereafter" (akhira) are repeated is also the same: 115

The word "satan" (shaitan) is used in the Qur'an 88 times, as is the word "angels" (malaika).

The word faith (iman) (without genitive) is repeated 25 times throughout the Qur'an as is also the word infidelity (kufr).

The words "paradise" and "hell" are each repeated 77 times.

The word "zakah" is repeated in the Qur'an 32 times and the number of repetitions of the word "blessing" (barakah) is also 32.

The expression "the righteous" (al-abraar) is used 6 times but "the wicked" (al-fujjaar) is used half as much, i.e., 3 times.

The number of times the words "Summer-hot" and "winter-cold" are repeated is the same: 5.

The words "wine" (khamr) and "intoxication" (saqara) are repeated in the Qur'an the same number of times: 6

The number of appearances of the words "mind" and "light" is the same: 49.

The words "tongue" and "sermon" are both repeated 25 times.

The words "benefit" and "corrupt" both appear 50 times.

"Reward" (ajr) and "action" (fail) are both repeated 107 times.

"Love" (al-mahabbah) and "obedience" (al-ta'ah) also appear the same number of times: 83

The words "refuge" (maseer) and "for ever" (abadan) appear the same number of times in the Qur'an: 28.

The words "disaster" (al-musibah) and "thanks" (al-shukr) appear the same number of times in the Qur'an: 75.

"Sun" (shams) and "light" (nur) both appear 33 times in the Qur'an.

In counting the word "light" only the simple forms of the word were included.

The number of appearances of "right guidance" (al-huda) and "mercy" (al-rahma) is the same: 79

The words "trouble" and "peace" are both repeated 13 times in the Qur'an.

The words "man" and "woman" are also employed equally: 23 times.
Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it.
(Qur’an, 4:82)

The number of times the words "man" and "woman" are repeated in the Qur'an, 23, is at the same time that of the chromosomes from the egg and sperm in the formation of the human embryo. The total number of human chromosomes is 46; 23 each from the mother and father.

"Treachery" (khiyanah) is repeated 16 times, while the number of repetitions of the word "foul" (khabith) is 16.

"Human being" is used 65 times: the sum of the number of references to the stages of man's creation is the same: i.e.

Human being 65

Soil (turab) 17

Drop of Sperm (nutfah) 12

Embryo ('alaq) 6

A half formed lump of flesh (mudghah) 3

Bone ('idham) 15

Flesh (lahm) 12

TOTAL 65

The word "salawat" appear five times in the Qur'an, and Allah has commanded man to perform the prayer (salat) five times a day.

The word "land" appears 13 times in the Qur'an and the word "sea" 32 times, giving a total of 45 references. If we divide that number by that of the number of references to the land we arrive at the figure 28.888888888889%. The number of total references to land and sea, 45, divided by the number of references to the sea in the Qur'an, 32, is 71.111111111111%. Extraordinarily, these figures represent the exact proportions of land and sea on the Earth today.238

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by truthman2012(m): 5:43pm On May 16, 2013
miftaudeen: adeboye is using demon power. while jesus (pbhm) used the power of GOD

Prove your assertion.

Tell me what miracle Muhammad did.

Quran is not a miracle. All the fallen angels (demons) could tell what Gabriel revealed to Muhammad, which you think are scietifically great.

Real miracle is praying with words of mouth and wonders happening without voodoo, spell, hontu or tira. All those are magic.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 12:17am On May 17, 2013
There are two types miracle. A miracle done by all d prophets of Allah and a miracle done by d follower of shaytan in order to deceive people. Mind u he whoever not believe in oneness of God and all His prophets can never perform miracle of God rather he would be aids by shaytan's miracle. For u to know d man of God firstly study his ideology then ask ur self, did his ideology tends to recognise d oneness of God?, did he believes in all d prophets?, did he follows d step laid down by God in d stripture?. If u get these from a person that means is a man of God and u can only find these qualities from muslim b'cos they belief in one God and His prophets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Women Not Fit To Be Leaders? / Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.