Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? (3597 Views)

Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? / When Was Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Christians should clear this on how was Jesus crucified...

Was it on a cross, pole, stake?

3 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by sheedy407(m): 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
I tink u dnt kno what to use or how to waste ur free 5mb from mtn abi and u must b a moslem,all dis boko harram people.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Chokolee(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
None of the above..It was a ladder..Nansense! Instead of reading your books, you are here trying to debate on no case..UTME don near ooo
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by TableLeg(m): 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
I dont know ... I wasnt there during his time!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by madamebebe(f): 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Well, from what a jewish man told me, it was most likely a stake. Please feel free to ask questions such as these. Do not listen to the people above. You are clearly not a zombee kiss
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
sheedy407: I tink u dnt kno what to use or how to waste ur free 5mb from mtn abi and u must b a moslem,all dis boko harram people.
Chokolee: None of the above..It was a ladder..Nansense! Instead of reading your books, you are here trying to debate on no case..UTME don near ooo

Instead of you two to simply answer the question and be on your way, you are busy displaying unnecessary agression. Abi una no know the answer?

@op,
The people who argue against the cross and for the stake say that the hebrew word which was used to describe the object of Jesus' crucifiction did not mean cross (it meant stake) untill Constantine said the word means cross due to the fact that he wanted christianity to be attractive to the pagans who were already using the cross as a symbol.
The people arguing against stake and for cross use john 20:25 as basis for their argument.

That being said, I think cross is the answer tongue
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
@madame_bebe...Thanx for replying politely smiley and as for them ah no get time for their nonsense like what the nut-brainer guy above said smiley

So any scriptures to show how Jesus was crucified?
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
fellis:

Instead of you two to simply answer the question and be on your way, you are busy displaying unnecessary agression. Abi una no know the answer?

@op,
The people who argue against the cross and for the stake say that the hebrew word which was used to describe the object of Jesus' crucifiction did not mean cross (it meant stake) untill Constantine said the word means cross due to the fact that he wanted christianity to be attractive to the pagans who were already using the cross as a symbol.
The people arguing against stake and for cross use john 20:25 as basis for their argument.

That being said, I think cross is the answer tongue
Lol...good! that means the Jehovah withness were right for calling some christian sect pagans

If the jews said it was a stake why do many christians adopted the cross thing and even wear it on their neck
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 15, 2013
tintingz: Lol...good! that means the Jehovah withness are right for calling some christians sect pagans

Funnt thing is, the Jehova witnesses initially used to believe that Jesus' object of crucifiction was a cross. They changed their beliefs later on in the 1930s.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2013
fellis:

Funnt thing is, the Jehova witnesses initially used to believe that Jesus' object of crucifiction was a cross. They changed their beliefs later on in the 1930s.
that confusing o Why them change am...is like they are also confused bout the cross thing cheesy while the catholic strongly hold on to the cross symbol
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Willzkid(m): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2013
the word "crucifixion" suggests that a cross is most likely the object of the Lord's execution being a norminalised form of the word "crucis" meaning cross
just my opinion though
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 15, 2013
Willzkid: the word "crucifixion" suggests that a cross is most likely the object of the Lord's execution being a norminalised form of the word "crucis" meaning cross
just my opinion though

@bold, grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Watermelon(m): 3:00am On Jan 15, 2013
and that cross is still there, hasn't been destroyed, i hope i'm not wrong
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Egbagirl(f): 3:06am On Jan 15, 2013
I was about to type a serious reply but I think the poster should go back to google, where he found the question so that he can find the answer. You'll find the answer to your question there.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 5:16am On Jan 15, 2013
^^i said christians should clear this not google should clear...moreover some christian sect disagree with the cross crucifiction while some said it was a stake even hung on a tree grin

So i need you to quote bible scriptures to back up what the jews really gave Jesus to carry...
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Egbagirl(f): 5:19am On Jan 15, 2013
tintingz: ^^i said christians should clear this not google should clear...moreover some christian sect disagree with the cross crucifiction while some said it was a stake even hung on a tree grin

So i need you to quote bible scriptures to back up what the jews really gave Jesus to carry...

But does it really matter? Does it change the fact that He died? The importance is in the death and resurrection and not the object on which he died. This is the kind of discussion that Christians should avoid.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ihedioramma: 5:30am On Jan 15, 2013
THAT IS NOT WHAT WE NEED NOW. SATAN WANT TO USE THAT AND COVER US . LET ME ASK YOU, DID JESUS ASK US HOW OR WERE HE DIE?. LET US OBEY HIS TEACHINGS THAT IS WHAT WE NEED NOW .
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 5:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Egba girl:

But does it really matter? Does it change the fact that He died? The importance is in the death and resurrection and not the object on which he died. This is the kind of discussion that Christians should avoid.
you mean it doesn't matter and christians should avoid it?

Do you know that the Jehovah withness disagree with the 'cross' and call it a pagan symbol while some christians show the cross everywhere not knowing what behind the crucifiction?

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ParisLove1: 5:39am On Jan 15, 2013
What Muhammad poisoned with a cow, goat or pig meat?

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Egbagirl(f): 5:41am On Jan 15, 2013
tintingz: you mean it doesn't matter and christians should avoid it?

Do you know that the Jehovah withness disagree with the 'cross' and call it a pagan symbol while some christians show the cross everywhere not knowing what behind the crucifiction?

Jehovah Witness have a different doctrine so it's understandable that they disagree w the cross. I mean they also don't believe in the Trinity.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Egbagirl(f): 5:53am On Jan 15, 2013
Anyway what any denomination believes is not my business. Whether it was a cross or pole or whatever, it was made out of wood and He was hung on it. Why waste time debating whether it was actually in the shape of a cross or not? Does it change the message of salvation? Or take away from it?

These are the arguments that cause quarrels and we are to avoid them according to 2 Tim 2:23
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 6:11am On Jan 15, 2013
ihedioramma: THAT IS NOT WHAT WE NEED NOW. SATAN WANT TO USE THAT AND COVER US . LET ME ASK YOU, DID JESUS ASK US HOW OR WERE HE DIE?. LET US OBEY HIS TEACHINGS THAT IS WHAT WE NEED NOW .
what if i say your salvation cross is paganism...will you accept that?

Jesus said we should seek for the truth and the truth shall set us free...
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Paris_Love: What Muhammad poisoned with a cow, goat or pig meat?
no...na chicken
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ParisLove1: 6:22am On Jan 15, 2013
tintingz: no...na chicken
Must you lie? Anyways Muhammad said Jesus will come back and break the cross. So go figure
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 6:28am On Jan 15, 2013
Egba girl: Anyway what any denomination believes is not my business. Whether it was a cross or pole or whatever, it was made out of wood and He was hung on it. Why waste time debating whether it was actually in the shape of a cross or not? Does it change the message of salvation? Or take away from it?

These are the arguments that cause quarrels and we are to avoid them according to 2 Tim 2:23
Jesus want you to seek ye to the truth John 8:36 not believing in what anybody says...since the cross is part of your salvation why not find out the truth about it instead of accepting a pagan doctrine
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 6:31am On Jan 15, 2013
Paris_Love: Must you lie? Anyways Muhammad said Jesus will come back and break the cross. So go figure
stick to the topic ok
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ParisLove1: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2013
tintingz: stick to the topic ok
Lol i did. According to Muhammad your answer is cross.wink
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ihedioramma: 6:41am On Jan 15, 2013
NO AM NOT. THE TRUET WE NEED IS WHY DID JESUS CAME TO WORLD? WHAT ARE THE THINGS HE ASK US OBEY? HOW DID HE WANT US TO LIVE? ARE YOU DOING THAT ? DONT LET SATAN TO USE ONE THING OR THE OTHER TO FORGET WHAT JESUS WANT FROM US. LOOK AT SOME OF THEM TODAY, DATING,BOYFRIEND,ADOPTING OF BABYS(SELLING FOLOW HUMAN JOST TO MAKE MONEY) WRONG SEX (HAVING SEX WHY NOT MARRIED)E.T.C
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by pimplucious: 6:43am On Jan 15, 2013
Religion = deception!

Christianity = Brian washing!

Don't just read the bible, STUDY it
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by rodeo0070(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2013
He shed his blood for the salvation of mankind, period!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2013
Paris_Love: Lol i did. According to Muhammad your answer is cross.wink
according to Mohammed(sa) the 'cross' stands for christianity since that what christians adopted from the pagan and carried the symbol during their crusading...and btw Mohammed(sa) believed Jesus(as) was not even hung on anything(but it was shown to them like that) and raised to heaven alive grin grin

So that your answer not according to Mohammed(as) smiley
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2013
I wonder why all this satanic doctrines keep rearing its ugly head just to cause division in the Church of Christ..i now understand the tricks and wiles of the devil.. he still employs the same old tricks like he employed in the garden of eden even today..always twisting and manipulating scriptures to say wat God has not said...eve was decieved and not adam..just like the Church(bride of Christ) is being deceived and not Jesus Christ( the Last Adam)..Now this topic should not even be a subject of debate among believers cos it causes quarels, abuse, dissensions which are the works of the devil...Our God is not the Author of Confusion..God can use even the devil to fufill his purposes on the earth..some are now agitating the KjV is flawed and should re-witten..God is the author of all languages and He knows and understands them even better than we humans..now if i call yesu as Jesus wen i pray..does dat negate the efficacy of that name? No it does not..If the bible says it is a CROSS..it is definitely wat it is A CROSS..MEN ARE INSPIRED BY GOD TO WRITE THE BIBLE...this same bible has been used of God to convert and to edify millions of people before we were even born..so wat are we saying? Smh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? / Why Did Jesus Come??? / 5 Reasons Why Science Fiction And Religion Do Not Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.