Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Marrying For Comfort - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying For Comfort (10265 Views)

Marrying The Right Person Or Marrying For The Right Reasons? / Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World / Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying For Comfort by Charliemorgano(m): 6:47am On Jan 15, 2013
When i listen to babes who want to get married,their priority is that the guy must be verty comfortable....recently its observed that the comfortable and financially stable guys are also looking out for very comfortable ladies with strong family background....what gave rise to this trend?....personal choice or the economy

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 15, 2013

23 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by beblessed(f): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2013
Anyone looking for comfort may become uncomfortable in the nearest future. Only the favour of God that provides for every union.

8 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by greatgod2012(f): 7:33am On Jan 15, 2013
chaircover: Everyone wants to be comfortable and no one wants to be buying rice on credit from the rice seller down the road, so there is nothing wrong in wanting to be comfortable.

The problem however is that some women dont want to start off with reasonable beginnings but they want to start right at the top of the scale, closing their eyes to all other vices that the man may have. They also forget that as you want him, so will a thousand other women want him too and so you are fighting infidelity battles amongst other things even before the ring goes on

Why not pick a hardworking man of integrity who has good prospects and build your way up the ladder together. He will even respect you more for that.

thank you, when i say this to single ladies, they tend to give an excuse that men no longer appreciate d women who started from d begining with them, which is a big lie, they will always remember, no matter how wicked d man may seem to be, well, Olorun a je ki won gbo.
When we got married, my man wasnt comfortable, infact, didnt have so many thing, but he had prospect, very hardworking, i could sense his bright future, and thank God today, we are not yet very wealthy but very comfortable.

10 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by slimyem: 7:37am On Jan 15, 2013
Op,who doesn't want comfort?
You?
It is a very logical factor to consider when making plans to marry/settle down IMO especially for someone who has been sufficiently comfortable all her life.
It is more about survival than it is about personal choice or economy.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Charliemorgano(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=chaircover]Everyone wants to be comfortable and no one wants to be buying rice on credit from the rice seller down the road, so there is nothing wrong in wanting to be comfortable.

The funniest part is that they se it as competition...one of them said she rather remain single than marry a struggling...To find rich single guys that are not gay is very hard...my personal observation

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2013
Sadly even men these days marry for comfort.
Come and see them everywhere in Abuja, claiming to be "business men and contractors" yet them no get kobo.

They will target bankers and working ladies, daughters of Governors and Ministers, You meet them after 2 or 3 dates they start asking for loans.

Let everyone be careful, everybody be productive and respect themselves.
So many gold diggers men and women around. A younger friend married one like that he will steal her jewelry and sell, even sold their wedding ring. Twice she got him a job, The first he said was beneath him, the second he said didn't fit into his dreams.
He would disappear for months and reappear again. Once the rent was due she refused to pay he left for months when he came back she had moved, he called her she met him at the Police Station with his friends place with his load and divorce papers, she believed in him, believed they could build a life together but stealing is another thing.
He loved driving her car picking up ladies, bringing them home, they will eat and leave he plates and pots for her to come and wash.

I believe in growing and building together but make sure it is someone who has focus not an aimless contractor.
They are all over the place in Abuja.

My dear friend almost married one like that, everyday stories, its either the man he gave money for cement died or the foreman had an accident and their money got lost, poor lady was about to take a bank loan having spent her savings bailing him out of different stories when I called her.
The same man who is always in trouble and "Unlucky" with investments always has money to buy beer every evening.

17 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2013
He even stole from her mother who came visiting. It was so e$barssing because it was only 3 of them at home.
The mother cried and cried because the bangle was something she never went without, a gift from a her late mother in law who loved her so much and that was all she had to remember her with.

A friend of my friend shared with us how she went to represent her Dad at a wedding, she went with his official car driven by a driver that's how one guy stayed glued to her through out the wedding.
Every morning woke her up with prayer text and BB, 2 weeks after proposed marriage then 2 months into the relationship called her and said he needed to clear some containers and needed a balance of 3million.
The babe told him she is a civil servant and has never seen 3 million in her life, he reduced to 1. 5 furthered reduced to 500k, the babe told him that all she had on her now was 5k, the criminal asked her to send it so he could buy recharge cards and source for the money else where. I laughed so much that day I almost miscarried

17 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by damiso(f): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2013
Madam debrief nailed it.It cuts across genders ojere.My mum used to say she hates hearing what do you do?I am doing business.What business?Is businessa vague description that cant be defined?I sell baby clothes and sundry.I supply companies diesel and get a commission.I am an interior designer kapish.Not i do business
Its not like am saying everyone must work 9-5 but pls vagueness is not an occupation.whick kain job description be that.I prefer i am a waiter studying at the moment than am doing business that has no name

That said wanting to be comfortable(not necessarily wealthy)is not a crime.Just be prepared to work for and with your partner for it.Dependence totally on another human being is something we should strive to get rid of.Dont get me wrong you cant be married and not depend on your partner(i depend on hubby for some things and he does on me as well)but to see marrying as a get rich quick card or opportunity to a better life is just wrong.This is for both genders as i am not necessarily saying a woman cant marry who she earns more than.Its just find the one that complements you,shares your values and brings something other than just the title husband or wife to your life.

10 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2013
Ah! We are humans now...who doesn't want to live a comfortable life? The problem arises when you marry just for comfort without love for your spouse.all in all, Money is good.

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Okijajuju1(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2013
who is comfort?!

2 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by tellwisdom: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2013
Is comfort a nairalander??...she marry who?? sad

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by aniffy4eva(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2013
Charliemorgano: When i listen to babes who want to get married,their priority is that the guy must be verty comfortable....recently its observed that the comfortable and financially stable guys are also looking out for very comfortable ladies with strong family background....what gave rise to this trend?....personal choice or the economy

Personal choice, economy and sometimes LUCK. grin

Not every woman will START from SCRATCH with a struggling man.
Not every man that has integrity and prospects WILL eventually become comfortable/rich. Sad but true.
Some people WILL marry for money and have GREAT marriages.
Some people will marry for LOVE and regret it.

Let's stop thinking that life is a "one-size-fits-all".

All in all, just make decisions that you can live with because as you lay your bed...so shall you lie on it grin

28 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by NYTOBEEZZ(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2013
pray and to give u comfort
Re: Marrying For Comfort by bbulldog(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2013
Hmmm...... Women na dsame o!!!! They always find comfort for theirselves
Re: Marrying For Comfort by born2boink(m): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2013
Okija_juju: who is comfort?!
A comfort is a woman who moves from husband to husband in search of stable financial background to settle, they end up bearing 5 children for 5 fathers and fault all problems and circumstance on men not know their impatient ruin them

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by elrony(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Oti ö..me marrying 4 comfort ke....she shuld go and marry 4 herself o...abi she's a learner ni??

1 Like

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Gkiks1406(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2013
debrief08: Sadly even men these days marry for comfort.
Come and see them everywhere in Abuja, claiming to be "business men and contractors" yet them no get kobo.

They will target bankers and working ladies, daughters of Governors and Ministers, You meet them after 2 or 3 dates they start asking for loans.

Let everyone be careful, everybody be productive and respect themselves.
So many gold diggers men and women around. A younger friend married one like that he will steal her jewelry and sell, even sold their wedding ring. Twice she got him a job, The first he said was beneath him, the second he said didn't fit into his dreams.
He would disappear for months and reappear again. Once the rent was due she refused to pay he left for months when he came back she had moved, he called her she met him at the Police Station with his friends place with his load and divorce papers, she believed in him, believed they could build a life together but stealing is another thing.
He loved driving her car picking up ladies, bringing them home, they will eat and leave he plates and pots for her to come and wash.

I believe in growing and building together but make sure it is someone who has focus not an aimless contractor.
They are all over the place in Abuja.

My dear friend almost married one like that, everyday stories, its either the man he gave money for cement died or the foreman had an accident and their money got lost, poor lady was about to take a bank loan having spent her savings bailing him out of different stories when I called her.
The same man who is always in trouble and "Unlucky" with investments always has money to buy beer every evening.

This is pathetic!!! It is the after effect of the 419 syndrome... May God help us.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Fklin(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2013
Comfort dey on her own una dey talk about am...mk una leave madam Comfort joor!
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Tmum: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2013
chaircover: Everyone wants to be comfortable and no one wants to be buying rice on credit from the rice seller down the road, so there is nothing wrong in wanting to be comfortable.

The problem however is that some women dont want to start off with reasonable beginnings but they want to start right at the top of the scale, closing their eyes to all other vices that the man may have. They also forget that as you want him, so will a thousand other women want him too and so you are fighting infidelity battles amongst other things even before the ring goes on

Why not pick a hardworking man of integrity who has good prospects and build your way up the ladder together. He will even respect you more for that.
abeg tel dem

abeg tel dem

abeg tel dem
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2013
Comfortable guys want comfortable ladies. At least u are sure she isnt getting married to u because of ur money wld save her and her entire family.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Gkiks1406(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2013
debrief08: He even stole from her mother who came visiting. It was so e$barssing because it was only 3 of them at home.
The mother cried and cried because the bangle was something she never went without, a gift from a her late mother in law who loved her so much and that was all she had to remember her with.

A friend of my friend shared with us how she went to represent her Dad at a wedding, she went with his official car driven by a driver that's how one guy stayed glued to her through out the wedding.
Every morning woke her up with prayer text and BB, 2 weeks after proposed marriage then 2 months into the relationship called her and said he needed to clear some containers and needed a balance of 3million.
The babe told him she is a civil servant and has never seen 3 million in her life, he reduced to 1. 5 furthered reduced to 500k, the babe told him that all she had on her now was 5k, the criminal asked her to send it so he could buy recharge cards and source for the money else where. I laughed so much that day I almost miscarried
...Ha!!! Are you talking about a Nigerian able bodied man I can't believe this.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Fredique(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2013
Why would anyone not want to be comfortable? Even though the potential of future comfort is also important. what's the use of being comfortable today and tomorrow you are miserable? But there are many other things to consider that will impact comfort one way or the other.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by shyna501: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2013
Even d richest man in d world ΐƨ not comfortable... So, wot r we saying!!!
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Bluediamond1(f): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2013
@debrie,God bless u 2much. Abj guys are somthn else,once i met dis guy in my neighbourhood n we chatted a little n den exchanged numbers,den one day he was in my neighbourhood again n he called on gettin outside i saw a jeep parked,didnt evn knw he was d one (coz first tym we met he was on foot)until he honked 2 beckon on me,i refused 2get in d car coz a few days back mom told me hw ppl were being used 4 rituals @ dat tym(story 4 another day).so wen he got down from d car,i was like i never knew u had a ride n he said yea.a week later he called 2 say he called 2 say he was travellin n i said safe journey,3 days later my guy came back n there was no trace of car anywhere(note;he travelled wit d car)n wen i asked abt d car,first he said he was attacked by some guys(robbers or wateva)he cldnt identify n later said he took d car for repair,up till 2day i guess d jeep is still @ d mechanic's.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2013
Yo,

Personally I think marriage should be a strategic partnership, based on mutual trust, a solid foundation , two characters that compliment each other and love if you can afford it.
In today's world it is financially suicidal not to consider the economics of that partnership, study it's potential like any business venture before delving into it. Today's society is a lot more complex than I marry the next girl with big nyanch and booobi or ohhhhhhh he iS so cute tall , dark and handsome. The most important part of any structure is its foundations , ain't nothing wrong with marrying for comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying For Comfort by Bluediamond1(f): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2013
Gkiks1406:
...Ha!!! Are you talking about a Nigerian able bodied man I can't believe this.
@gkiks,u better believe it.
Re: Marrying For Comfort by Andybaby: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2013
i will marry for love not for comfort, honour, riches. I want peace in my marriage even if there is not much wealth
Re: Marrying For Comfort by equily(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2013
Marriege is an institution,,,,,,,,,,,nt a tin of pleasure or seekin 4 comfort, bt 2day some lady marry cuz of of d prestige of d man in d end dat ''comfort'' wil result 2 d oda face of it LOVE IS D KEY TO EVERY SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE
Re: Marrying For Comfort by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:14am On Jan 15, 2013
Everyone want comfort

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Starting A Baby On Solid Food / How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? / When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.