Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

May Your Road Be Rough - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / May Your Road Be Rough (1920 Views)

Backseat Boys(rough Sketch) / May Your Road Be Rough!!! / The Rough Journey To The Peak Of My Career – Hope You Can Draw Some Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

May Your Road Be Rough by traeces(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2013
"So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourself with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too."
(1 peter 4:1) NLT

"Life, if it is going to be abundant, must
have plenty of hills and vales. It must
have plenty of sunshine and rough
weather. It must be rich in
obfuscation and perspicacity. It must
be packed with days of danger and of
apprehension...I wish myself plenty of tears and of
laughter, plenty of happiness and
unhappiness, plenty of failures and
successes. Plenty of abuse and praise.
It is impossible to win ultimately
without a rich measure of
intermixture in such a menu. Life
would be worthless without the lot.
If, therefore, you are out in this New
Year 1964, to win any target you have
set for yourself, please accept my
prayers and your elixir. May your road
be rough!"
Tai Solarin (1922-1994)

If you ever commit yourself to a deep understanding of our world, you will realize that the creator did not create it to be a bed of roses.
Yes he created sweet, but he also created bitter. He created light and he also created darkness. He created pleasure and he also created pain and somehow he has done a great job distributing everything almost evenly to us all.
That's why the rich also cry and the poor feed regardless. The unattractive find love and the young fall sick. Little wonder the most laudable achievements (whether they were scientific discoveries, artistic creation or any other achievements), they were borne on the hills of great toil, labour and pain. Imagine that even for Jesus, his cross of suffering and shame was his ultimate achievement not his miracles.
Friends, in this our world, we do ourselves so much favour to be armed with the readiness to suffer as that is the most effective artillary in the battle of life.
So I join Tai Solarin in wishing everyone what I wish myself: a rough ROAD to an expected and pleasant destination and grace to stay on the road.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Distraction / Street Wars / How I Download Free Novels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.