Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja (2532 Views)

I Need An Advice On Block Molding Business In Lekki. / Diesel Business In Nigeria / Introduce Your Game Center Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by igoldson(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2013
i spoke to a neighbor,who has a block molding site in Gwarinmpa Area in Abuja and he gave me a not too detailed breakdown of the block business.
He said that blocks produced for buildings in the Abuja area must be of high quality and attract higher prices.
Please i want to know the the production formulae for high quality blocks in terms of:
The Materials
The Material costs ( based on 2012 prices
The Mixing ratio (i.e quantity of cement,soft sand, sharp sand and stone dust to be mixed)
Number of headpans or wheel barrows of sands and cement required to produce a given quantity of blocks
The Target Production Quantity per day to get from a mixing ratio for 6 inch or 9 inch blocks
The Labor cost per day (based on 2012 prices
The water cost per day (based on 2012 prices
The selling prices( based on 2012 prices
The target profit per day (based on 2012 prices
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP
Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by tony23: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
oga u go pay for consultation?

1 Like

Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by igoldson(m): 8:01am On Jan 17, 2013
Make we discuss your consultancy fee one on one now, i go pay mail me at i.goldson@yahoo.com, afterall no be me send you go school so i have to pay
Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by kamalahmed(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2013
mr. goldson, i think have knowledge on block moulding business. w ill furnish you tomorow friday without paying kobo. all the do and don't will also be given to you. is a gud business anyway. i will come along to the office tomorow friday with all the formulas

1 Like

Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by igoldson(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2013
@ Mr. Kamalahmed, thanks so much i will greatly appreciate it, but right now am out of Abuja, if you wouldn't mind send me your phone number by mail i.goldson@yahoo.com will call you once am in town. Thanks again for your response am grateful
Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by Krucifax(m): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
i.goldson:
i spoke to a neighbor,who has a block molding site in Gwarinmpa Area in Abuja and he gave me a not too detailed breakdown of the block business.
He said that blocks produced for buildings in the Abuja area must be of high quality and attract higher prices.
Please i want to know the the production formulae for high quality blocks in terms of:
The Materials
The Material costs ( based on 2012 prices
The Mixing ratio (i.e quantity of cement,soft sand, sharp sand and stone dust to be mixed)
Number of headpans or wheel barrows of sands and cement required to produce a given quantity of blocks
The Target Production Quantity per day to get from a mixing ratio for 6 inch or 9 inch blocks
The Labor cost per day (based on 2012 prices
The water cost per day (based on 2012 prices
The selling prices( based on 2012 prices
The target profit per day (based on 2012 prices
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

Hope this helps.

First thing you need to consider before going into "Block Industry"(as it's called) is LOCATION.
This is the single most important factor because,you want to be near already established sites where people know. As you will not be advertising at this scale. Secondly location is important because you'll need lots of water for this biz.This is to mix your cement and stone dust,and to also water the blocks when you have finished molding. So you need to be near a river or free water source like a stream. If not your profits will dwindle as you'll be buying water which is a disaster,as this biz can not function without water. Now let me answer your questions.

1.Material: You need the following..

Block Molding Machine(This can be bought from a local manufacturer)
Lister Machine (These are imported normally you can buy from Suleja) This is also your biggest expense!
Pallets( This is for laying the blocks after you have finished molding the number you buy is entirely up to you)
Water Pump Machine (They are cheap and needed to pull water from the river or stream)
Water Pipe (You need two different measurements the one that pulls water is bigger than the one that sprays it).
Empty Drums x 2 ( These will contain water to cool your Lister during the molding process)
Shovels x 2(For mixing cement and stone dust)
Wheel barrow x 1 (To carry mixture to and fro)
Storage unit (This can be a container or a make-shift wooded hut built on site. That's where you store your unused bags of cement and equipment after each day of work.)

2.Material Cost: If you have N600,000 you are almost good to go but this does not include cost of your first molding,as you need to buy a truck load of Stone dust from quarry and your workers are paid per each block depending on the size (there are two sizes). However the operator of the machine gets paid a bit more than other workers.

3.Mixing Ratio: This is a tricky one. Basically it works like this,the more blocks per bag of cement this less quality each block will have. More quality means more expenses for you,less quality means less expenses for you. There is no hard or fast rule as Block Industry Owners have different ratios they use.

4.Target Quantity: This one is common sense. Understand that your workers will always be pushing for your to mold,mold,mold. The reason is obvious each more means you pay them. They will justify this by saying "Oga if customer come and block no dey on ground them go go somewhere else". My advise is if you haven't sold what's on ground stop molding. Period!

5.The Labor cost per day: This is not fixed,depends on size,type and quantity of blocks molded,and how many truck loads and sand type ordered from quarry.
6.The water cost per day: Don't go down this route if you want to last. Buying water is a mistake,as you will be buying it every day. Look for free water source,dig a well if you most,it's a hundred times cheaper.
7.The selling prices: This is not fixed,if the buyer comes with his own truck to pick them up it is different to if you deliver the blocks yourself.
8.The target profit per day: . I think this one answers itself,this is impossible at your stage. When you have built clientele than you can start making projections.

Just as an aside, when last i was in Nigeria this is one of the biz i did. My budget to start was about N1 Million although i didn't spend all of it just about N700,000 . I was next to door to Finze and Victory Block Industries(big time giants compared to small me). I stopped as when i came back to London to attend to other matters FCDA came and chased everybody away to reclaim the land on which we all established our sites. Since then i asked for my materials to be stored away.

Hope all this helps and Good luck it's a cash intensive but very good biz to be involved with a this point in time because Abuja is in the worlds top 10 locations for ongoing construction and building works.

1 Like

Re: Starting Ablock Molding Business In Abuja by igoldson(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2013
@Krucifax, thanks so much i really appreciate.This actually helps but at your time what is the ratio of mix you used and the labour how much were you paying per block, cos i was thinking you pay per day.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money With Youtube Channels / Download The Getittome Delivery App For Agents, Make An Extra 35,000 Every Week. / 【★★★★★★】What is the best way To Earn Cash Online?【★★★★★★】

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.