Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant (11168 Views)

Nigeria Spends $1bn To Import Tomato Paste —UNEP / Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2013
I was watching the Money Show on AIT yesterday and was impressed with the GEJ agriculture transformation. So much is going on across the country. But of particular note was the Tomato revolution somewhere in kano and a guest, who is an agriculture lecturer revealed that Dangote was setting up a tomato processing plant right in the middle of the tomato farms to mop up the big tomato harvest resulting from the agricultural transformation agenda. This is great news and another plus to both Dangote and GEJ. This is also an example of a good PPP. The agric minster is sure making things happen

I have always been impressed by how this man, Dangote, has continued to invest in Nigeria despite all the talk of poor infrastructure and insecurity. He is probably the only truly patriotic Nigeria businessman out there today. If only we had like 10 Dangotes, Nigeria would have been transformed by now. Just imagine if the past leaders and military rulers, who sucked the country dry, have invested half their stolen wealth back into the system in the form of industries. We would have had an industrial revolution by now. But they chose to take the money abroad and stash it away in oblivion. This is why I will continue to say our problem is not just corruption but a broken identity. Imagine Danjuma made 500 million dollars from sale of his allocated oil block and shamelessly and disdainfully told Nigerians he didnt know what to do with the money! How about given out loans to small scale industries? The foool didnt even pay for the oil block. There was no bidding process. The military rulers just sat down, placed a map of Niger Delta on the table and used bic biro (sorry, fountain pen) to share the oil wells! Shikena!

But thank God for Dangote. In some years time, when the government decides to ban importation of tomato paste because Dangote tomato processing plant is producing enough tomatoes for the Nigerian market, some idiotas will come on here to say he is monopolizing the market. But other billionaires and multi millionaires in Nigeria will not come out now to invest but will prefer to continue to import these products to the detriment of the Nigerian economy. The country cannot change without true patriots. We need real patriots who will believe and sacrifice, not Internet trolls and twitter warlords who add no value to our collective lives!

25 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2013
Really welcomed development but it is in no way affiliated to gej, years back when I was serving, my room mate was from kano and he brought dried tomatoes and complained about how harvest went bad and how they needed a processing plant.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2013
blink182: Really welcomed development but it is in no way affiliated to gej, years back when I was serving, my room mate was from kano and he brought dried tomatoes and complained about how harvest went bad and how they needed a processing plant.

Like I said, the guest at the money show gave a true break down on what was happening on the agriculture front. he was not a government apologist as he both commended and criticized the government where necessary. For example, he criticized the mobile phone initiative and said it was as s result of some level of government disconnect from the core needs of farmers. He said that last year, because of the agricultural transformation going on, a new wave of tomato farming have begun somewhere in kano but that this new set of farmers lost a lot from last year harvest because of problems of storage and evacuation but he was pleased to see that Dangote is now setting up a new processing plant right in the middle of the farmers. Of course that is not to say this is the first time they are growing tomatoes in the North but he specifically said there is a new wave of tomato farming because of the agriculture transformation initiative and this resulted in Dangote taking advantage of it to setup a plant. He even highlighted the growing awareness of some Northern state governors who before now have not taking advantage of the transformation agenda but are now doing so. I wish I could have recorded the program so I can post it here. It was enlightening. Maybe if we send a request to AIT or the lady in charge of the program, they can repeat it. You have to give GEJ his credit for the agricultural transformation going on. Whether you like the guy or not.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by fkaz(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ops, Please i don't understand what you are driving @
Pls can you list some of the transformation going on in agricultural sector?

Dangote is building a tomato processing factory in kano and you think it is because of jonathan transformation in agriculture sector.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
fkaz: Ops, Please i don't understand what you are driving @
Pls can you list some of the transformation going on in agricultural sector?

Dangote is building a tomato processing factory in kano and you think it is because of jonathan transformation in agriculture sector.

What part of the post dont you understand? The program was about the agricultural transformation in Nigeria and its effects. A lot was talked about and I only drew attention to one aspect which was the setting up of Dangote processing plant to shore up the increased tomato production as a result of the agricultural boost. The Dangote initiative was actually a federal ministry of agriculture's drive to encourage private participation in the agricultural transformation. Please use google or watch AIT and you will see many of the issues being addressed. An example, is the 8 designated cargo airports in the country that is being setup to help the farmers exports cargo to Europe and other parts of the world. Warehouses and cold storage are being built in the airports as part of the airports renovation being carried out by the aviation ministry to support and take advantage of the agricultural transformation. Open your eyes and see what is going on. Be careful not to just join in partisan politics while a lot is happening under your nose. be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by executinal(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good one Dangote. More job to the youth
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by taharqa: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
blink182: Really welcomed development but it is in no way affiliated to gej, years back when I was serving, my room mate was from kano and he brought dried tomatoes and complained about how harvest went bad and how they needed a processing plant.
LOL.. Sm of you wud soon start 'shitting' pebbles, stones on account of the acute constipatn yr obsessn with GEJ is given u guys grin.... The Tomatoes Agric programme is COMPLETELY GEJ's, from start to finish. Its a colla bw d Agric Ministry and d CBN (esp Sanusi himself), with sm support from d Kano state govt. Dangote and Co are wisely taken advantage of it.... How angry are u now?
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by wesley80(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
@ OP thanks. People desire negative news, they either paint you to be a liar or they attack you for being positive. Its disheartening really.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good one from Dangote if true. Typical business man. Sees an opportunity and key in into it. Just like any other newly private companies.
Kudos to Dangote again.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
More job opportunities, @lest unemployment go reduce.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by fkaz(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
thelastPope:
The Dangote initiative was actually a federal ministry of agriculture's drive to encourage private participation in the agricultural transformation

Thank you for telling me that the project was a PPA arrangement between dangote and fed govt.
That is what i want to know.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Metallurgist: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
When it comes to talk, nigerian leaders can talk, i remenber what prof. Abdullahi ango's agricultural scheme under obasanjos regime and oh boy i am impressed to the core on how agriculture will be in the next few years, it almost 8 yrs or more and still nothin @op wait till any promise/said project materialised b4 starting to praised any of our leaders, that my advise
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Another should be set up in Benue state, that state is so blessed. I have it in mind to build a processing plant if I have the wherewithal and necessary experience.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem: Good one from Dangote if true. Typical business man. Sees an opportunity and key in into it. Just like any other newly private companies.
Kudos to Dangote again.

I know you will never acknowledge GEJ. lol. If you do, you will instantly grow old and your ears will fall off! I can understand. wink grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by greall1: 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
good
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Metallurgist: When it comes to talk, nigerian leaders can talk, i remenber what prof. Abdullahi ango's agricultural scheme under obasanjos regime and oh boy i am impressed to the core on how agriculture will be in the next few years, it almost 8 yrs or more and still nothin @op wait till any promise/said project materialised b4 starting to praised any of our leaders, that my advise

Farmers were given loans by the CBN and they have planted crops massively. They were even given fertilizers and other materials. They have already done one harvest and even lost produce due to lack of storage and evacuation facilities. Now, Dangote in support of the project, has come to their rescue and is building a processing plant right in their midst to shore up their harvest and harness it into tomato paste and more and you are talking of materialization? I dont understand your tears honestly. Express don leave you go oh! Wake up dude! You could take advantage of it some how if you only stop and think instead of just criticizing on NL or you can go back to the Tonto Dike thread you came from, lol!
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by laykhorn(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
A welcomed development! That thing wastes too much.. Its a perishable good. In Lag with the sellers, after 3days its sh*t
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by dustydee: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
@ OP please what exactly did the government do to boost tomato production? I am aware that hundreds of tons of tomatoes perish in the north-especially Birnin Kebbi due to in adequate processing facilities. I will not ascribe this development to GEJ-maybe when they start export then we can congratulate him but for now-nah.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Demdem(m): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
thelastPope:

I know you will never acknowledge GEJ. lol. If you do, you will instantly grow old and your ears will fall off! I can understand. wink grin grin grin

Lostpope, what else do u want from me grin grin when I see something from retardeen, I praise him. I don't shy away from such.
Ok, all Dangote cement factories and pastries are PPP. grin
Hope u are happy now.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by fkaz(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Guy why all the hype about GEJ,
Who do i believe, your post or this link?
Yours is today news from AIT, this link has been there since 2012.
Well Success has many brothers.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/34225-dangote-to-open-tomato-processing-plant-in-kano
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem:

Lostpope, what else do u want from me grin grin when I see something from retardeen, I praise him. I don't shy away from such.
Ok, all Dangote cement factories and pastries are PPP. grin
Hope u are happy now.

I am only interested in seeing my country rise from the ashes. But most of you are all about partisan politics. One reason I will continue to defend GEJ is because I dont see fair criticism coming from you lot. I see a "bring him down because he is not our own" campaign. It isnt because every GEJ decision is correct. He is but a man and every of his actions or decisions cannot be right. Even Obama performed less than 40% in his first term and so far, I have not seen anything to impress me yet from him. But if we are to build Nigeria, it should be about issues, not personal fights based on political and tribal affiliations or personal vendetta. that is why I can never join the NL tribal nonsense. my 2 cents... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Demdem(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
fkaz:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/34225-dangote-to-open-tomato-processing-plant-in-kano

Thanks for the link. I see no PPP there sha.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by ballabriggs: 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
Reno Omokri aka El Rufai rent house for me, must you be a liar for life. This was a project initiated by Shekarau in 2009 as Governor of Kano, how GEJ come take enter now?

Dangote invests in tomato processing facility
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:40
TradeInvestNigeria Staff

The Dangote group of companies, in collaboration with the Kano State Government is going to establish a tomato processing factory in the state, the Daily Trust reports.

Addressing irrigation farmers at the project site, Alhaji Musa Suleiman Shanono, State Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources said that the project is directed at reducing wastage of tomatoes, while also increasing its commercial potential.

According to Shanono, farmers are forced to sell their tomatoes at low prices due to a lack of processing facilities in the state.

Sanusi Imran Abdullahi, managing director of the Hadelia Jama'are River Basin Development Authority stated the factory will boost the morale of the farmers while asking the state government not to hold back in assisting the project.

Source

Na Jona wey still dey drink ogogoro and brukutu go get head for tomato, abeg park well.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
fkaz:

It isnt mine, it was yesterday's edition of The Money Show on AIT by Nancy Iloh. You can find her on twitter and confirm it if you so wish.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
ballabriggs: Reno Omokri aka El Rufai rent house for me, must you be a liar for life. This was a project initiated by Shekarau in 2009 as Governor of Kano, how GEJ come take enter now?

Source

Na Jona wey still dey thief N7 trillion go get the head for such, abeg park well.

My friend, I dont have to argue with you. I dont do infant stuff. Watch the Money Show by Nancy Iloh on AIT. One of the best business shows currently on air and send her a twitter message if you like. I dont argue stup1d stuff. Problem with most of you is that you spend all your time reading through Tonto Dike threads and then you jump on threads like this to display your ignorance. grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by Demdem(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
[s]
thelastPope:

I am only interested in seeing my country rise from the ashes. But most of you are all about partisan politics. One reason I will continue to defend GEJ is because I dont see fair criticism coming from you lot. I see a "bring him down because he is not our own" campaign. It isnt because every GEJ decision is correct. He is but a man and every of his actions or decisions cannot be right. Even Obama performed less than 40% in his first term and so far, I have not seen anything to impress me yet from him. But if we are to build Nigeria, it should be about issues, not personal fights based on political and tribal affiliations or personal vendetta. that is why I can never join the NL tribal nonsense. my 2 cents... grin grin grin
[/s]

Complete crap. Who is not interested in Nigeria Rising again? Shove ur partisan politics down ur throat. As if u care.
The onus is on u sycophant to prove that this tomato plant is PPP that has monetary input from the retardeen and not the ingenuity of Dangote.
Do this and spare me ur thrash.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem:

Thanks for the link. I see no PPP there sha.

That is a 2009 link I dont even know exist. I am talking about The Money Show on AIT by Nancy Iloh aired yesterday 14-01-2013. Dangote has started his thing and it isnt in conjuction with Kano state government. Except they provided him with land space. That I cant say and that is actually possible.
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by fkaz(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
thelastPope:

It isnt mine, it was yesterday's edition of The Money Show on AIT by Nancy Iloh. You can find her on twitter and confirm it if you so wish.

What am asking is that is it GEJ or governor of kano state that dangote is runing partnership with?
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by thelastPope(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem: [s][/s]

Complete crap. Who is not interested in Nigeria Rising again? Shove ur partisan politics down ur throat. As if u care.
The onus is on u sycophant to prove that this tomato plant is PPP that has monetary input from the retardeen and not the ingenuity of Dangote.
Do this and spare me ur thrash.

Hahahahahahahahaha! There is nothing to prove. You can go on and throw your tantrums! Who cares? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant by bigboss80s(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
thelastPope:

My friend, I dont have to argue with you. I dont do infant stuff. Watch the Money Show by Nancy Iloh on AIT. One of the best business shows currently on air and send her a twitter message if you like. I dont argue stup1d stuff. Problem with most of you is that you spend all your time reading through Tonto Dike threads and then you jump on threads like this to display your ignorance. grin grin grin
What's her twitter handle?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast / Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, Moses, Commissions Borehole (PICS) / Avengers Launches Operation Walls Of Jericho And Hurricane Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.