Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Is Re-incarnation Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Re-incarnation Biblical? (529 Views)

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Re-incarnation And Intelligent Life On Other Planets - M-nwankwo/justcool / Jesus: Re-incarnation Of Adam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by MostHigh: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
When yashua son of joseph comes back in glory would that be considerd as reincarnation?

Reincarnation is inherently in african culture and also biblically supported as we can see from the bible and history.

Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Most followers today cannot comprehend such arhcetypes and hence these truths stay supressed within the subconcouse mind
Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 09, 2013
i think so.
Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 09, 2013
IT SURE IS BIBLICAL. WITHOUT REINCARNATION THE BIBLE MAKES NO SENSE. SPIRITS DONT BURN IN FIRE SO HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PUNISHMENT AFTER YOU DIE ?

1 Like

Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by CarCam: 9:08pm On May 09, 2013
obadiah777: IT SURE IS BIBLICAL. WITHOUT REINCARNATION THE BIBLE MAKES NO SENSE.
SPIRITS DONT BURN IN FIRE
SO HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PUNISHMENT AFTER YOU DIE
?

If "SPIRITS DONT BURN IN FIRE"

Similitude: Would death burn in the Lake of Fire?

Contrary to the consensus, there is no never-ending or lasting forever punishment of souls alive somewhere or anywhere

but rather there is an outright judgment or a considered decision

to bring or put to end the existence of certain human beings;

The human being's souls, the spiritual or immaterial part; is the target

as their bodies' will already be kaput after death

It is this judgment when made or pronounced that is permanent, everlasting or eternal

The souls will be killed or rendered lifeless

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but cannot [size=20pt]kill the soul[/size];
but rather fear him who is able to
[size=20pt]destroy[/size] both [size=20pt]soul[/size] and body [size=20pt]in Gehenna[/size]. - Matthew 10:28
Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2013
Man...I think spirits take place in a body. So the spirits of Elijah might have been present in John. I'm not sure if that is reincarnation thou. As in a physical flesh and blood, I don't think its supported biblically.
Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by Qkeyxyz: 10:20am On May 10, 2013
From_Guiriga: Man...I think spirits take place in a body. So the spirits of Elijah might have been present in John. I'm not sure if that is reincarnation thou. As in a physical flesh and blood, I don't think its supported biblically.

The spirit of a person is the person actually. It is the person's mindset, conscience and behaviour. So John the Baptist was Elijah completely. Therefore reincarnation is biblical and christian.

1 Like

Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by MostHigh: 10:26am On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

The spirit of a person is the person actually. It is the person's mindset, conscience and behaviour. So John the Baptist was Elijah completely. Therefore reincarnation is biblical and christian.

I totally agree.
Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by MostHigh: 10:28am On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: IT SURE IS BIBLICAL. WITHOUT REINCARNATION THE BIBLE MAKES NO SENSE. SPIRITS DONT BURN IN FIRE SO HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PUNISHMENT AFTER YOU DIE ?

Greetings Sire.

you are always on the job, its the only way to keep the double edged sword sharp and ready

Peace love and joy!!

1 Like

Re: Is Re-incarnation Biblical? by Nobody: 11:18am On May 10, 2013
MostHigh:

Greetings Sire.

you are always on the job, its the only way to keep the double edged sword sharp and ready

Peace love and joy!!
SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT NEGLECT THE GATHERING OF BELIEVERS wink TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU PROPHET

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Chase/woo Ladies While Fasting? / This Is Your Word. / Are You A Born Again? Are You Called To Serve? What Is Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.