Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Be Careful Of Made In China Foods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Be Careful Of Made In China Foods (11146 Views)

Be Careful What You Eat - These Are Canned As Sadines / Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China / Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by adewasco2k(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOOD YOU BUY
<!--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK CAREFULLY-->

With plenty of food and pet products now coming from China (and with what he hear from the news about substandard products and chemical-laden products from there), it is best to make sure you read label at the supermarket and especially when buying food products. Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located. The whole world is concerned about China-made "black-hearted goods". Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China? The world is also concerned about GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) foods; steroid fed animals (ex: 45 days old broiler chicken). It is important to read the bar code to track its origin.

How to read Bar Codes.
This gets interesting! If the first 3 digits of the bar code are 690, 691 or 692, theproduct is MADE IN CHINA. If it's 471, it is Made in Taiwan. If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 00-09 then it's made or sourced in the USA. This is our right to know, but many governments around the world its related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves. Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products"MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made. However, you may now refer to the barcode - remember if the first 3 digits are:

890......MADE IN INDIA

690, 691, 692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA

00 - 09 ... USA and CANADA

30 - 37 ... FRANCE

40 - 44 ... GERMANY

471 ........ TAIWAN

49 .......... JAPAN

50 .......... UK

15 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by PrettyCindy(f): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
45 days old broiler? Lord have mercy.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Tenderly1(f): 10:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Na for local market me dey buy my food and na native fowl i dey chop.anyway tankz fa da info.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by executinal(m): 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ok Noted
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by majour(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
ok nw, id alert my iyawo
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by equily(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
All die nah die weda china or nicha,,,,,,,,i no send........... Anyway tnx 4 d in4mation ;DAll die nah die weda china or nicha,,,,,,,,i no send........... Anyway tnx 4 d in4mation
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by fittty(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ok
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by TRILLIONIAR: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
THANK GOD THEM NO DEY IMPORT GARRI

8 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Trottle: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
All these chinco people sef una wan kill person fa?
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thanks OP,very vital info...i just hope we won't start hearing 'chinko must go'
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wot of nigerian made foods are they safe

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Teejayphillip(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Huh.... Tankz 4 d info
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by vanstanzy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the advice though, am already wary of any product from "The almighty" China. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Digriz(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wat of d ones made in china wt a US barcode?they cn do that as well. Tnx for d info coz no knowledge is a waste.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Dee60: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: THANK GOD THEM NO DEY IMPORT GARRI

Yes, that is the most popular delicacy of the Ijebu Nation.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
I did not see any code there for made in nigeria.wetin dey sup na
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
You guys are afraid of "Made in China" food? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You get what you pay for... The average man doesn't care as long as it's cheap...anything goes for him
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by vanstanzy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
adewasco2k: ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOOD YOU BUY
<!--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK CAREFULLY-->

With plenty of food and pet products now coming from China (and with what he hear from the news about substandard products and chemical-laden products from there), it is best to make sure you read label at the supermarket and especially when buying food products. Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located. The whole world is concerned about China-made "black-hearted goods". Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China? The world is also concerned about GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) foods; steroid fed animals (ex: 45 days old broiler chicken). It is important to read the bar code to track its origin.

How to read Bar Codes.
This gets interesting! If the first 3 digits of the bar code are 690, 691 or 692, theproduct is MADE IN CHINA. If it's 471, it is Made in Taiwan. If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 00-09 then it's made or sourced in the USA. This is our right to know, but many governments around the world its related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves. Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products"MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made. However, you may now refer to the barcode - remember if the first 3 digits are:

890......MADE IN INDIA

690, 691, 692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA

00 - 09 ... USA and CANADA

30 - 37 ... FRANCE

40 - 44 ... GERMANY

471 ........ TAIWAN

49 .......... JAPAN

50 .......... UK

And to think that someone in this forum is advising we (Africans) turn to China, SMH! sad sad sad

What's the difference between they, the devil and the deep blue sea.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by chucky234(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wetin concern agboro with overload,me I no dey buy canned food na.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Tpave(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
@op, thanks for the information.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by manny4life(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
Digriz: Wat of d ones made in china wt a US barcode?they cn do that as well. Tnx for d info coz no knowledge is a waste.

They cannot manufacture product with U.S. Code, that's a direct violation. UPC or Unversal Product Code is governed or regulated by some agency and as such each nation must adhere to the rules.
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Clemzy16(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
It's funny to know that most "made in china" products were actually made in Nigeria. *I smell inferiority complex*
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: THANK GOD THEM NO DEY IMPORT GARRI
yes o
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by 3RNEST(m): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Beware of Akpu! @Op Noted
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by paranorman(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thinks for the info joh, especially about the barcode things... Its high time we started patronizing our nation's products that are substitute goods and stop helping other nation develop.. Buy nigerian made products..
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by dasparrow: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
blogger1.0:

Yes they are safer because they are not chemically laden like the Chinese ones that cause cancer and other serious ailments. Do you know how many Americans and Europeans lost their beloved pets (dogs, cats) due to contaminated chicken meat from China that was used in making dog treats like chicken jerky? You better utilize this information presented here by the OP because you know that our healthcare system in Nigeria is not exactly great. Just Ask your political leaders who fly out to the western world for treatment even when they catch a mere cold.

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by dasparrow: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
paranorman: Thinks for the info joh, especially about the barcode things... Its high time we started patronizing our nation's products that are substitute goods and stop helping other nation develop.. Buy nigerian made products..

Well said!
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
More reason I don't like chinko products,but their cheap price is always tempting.

Imagine 4 sims card phone sold at 3500naira.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Globalwalyy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
equily: All die nah die weda china or nicha,,,,,,,,i no send........... Anyway tnx 4 d in4mation ;DAll die nah die weda china or nicha,,,,,,,,i no send........... Anyway tnx 4 d in4mation
hahahaha na die o
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by phaya(f): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
blogger1.0:

Garri is safe. I think Agege bread too smiley
Re: Be Careful Of Made In China Foods by Watermelon(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Africans being turned to Guinea pigs by chinco,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living Besides Nigeria / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? / What Is Ur Favorite Nigerian Packed Noodles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.