Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... (4738 Views)

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD / Photos Of Elite Nigerian Commandoes On Field Operations In Borno / NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 12:19am On Jan 16, 2013
As the Nigerian Army prepare for operations in Mali.I thought it wise to upload some pictures of the Army's preparedness for the task ahead...enjoy Nigerian Defence
Academy cadet officers undertake desert warfare training in Yusufari, Far North of Nigeria.(I also uploaded some pics of the desert regions in North Eastern Nigeria to give you an idea of what the training and simulation would look like but it seems the bot has other ideas)

1 Like

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2013
NDA 5th Year cadets rappelling as part of the new 16-week CT-COIN proficiency module (Counter Terrorism-Counter Insurgency) (pic 1)

JSTF counterinsurgency troops in NE Nigeria (pic 2)

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2013
Maj Gen Ken Osuji,Commd’t NA School of Infantry(l) and Brig Gen Tijani Golau, Director CTCIC(c)

Soldiers reacting to a bomb scare (below pic)

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 12:40am On Jan 16, 2013
GEJ commissioning first ballistic,night vision goggles and sundry factory in West Africa

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 12:45am On Jan 16, 2013
JSTF on urban combat and house clearing operations in Damaturu,North Eastern Nigeria (Joint Special Task Force)

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by seedord247(m): 4:39am On Jan 16, 2013
I'm loving this. wink
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by Trachea: 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
interesting... more please
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by zumbigbo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Waiting to hear of Naija soldiers don crossover to join Tuareg rebels.
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
There is hope,afterall. May God be with them as they conquer our enemies.

1 Like

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by Omen100(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Go kill & come back, ?? hmmmmmmmm, thinking about that, it should be a name of movie back then in the late 80th after war without end...............

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by Hardfact: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
. . . I know how wicked they can be! As our soldiers prepare for Mali, for God's and devil's sake, the rogues, yes I mean the ROGUES IN GOVT should please ensure they pay the soldiers all their monies/allowances when it is time.
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by tempo1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by tempo1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
nigerian army are strong,i wll hear how they perform they.i heard france destroys 8 camps of da rabels the firstday they arrive mali.i am watching for nigerian army record
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by Rossikk(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Look, this country has a properly trained army that can hold its own against any fighting force on the planet.

What we need to do is beef up the airforce.
Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by akpomeme(m): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
cold: As the Nigerian Army prepare for operations in Mali.I thought it wise to upload some pictures of the Army's preparedness for the task ahead...enjoy Nigerian Defence
Academy cadet officers undertake desert warfare training in Yusufari, Far North of Nigeria.(I also uploaded some pics of the desert regions in North Eastern Nigeria to give you an idea of what the training and simulation would look like but it seems the bot has other ideas)

God bless Nigeria!!! I wish my mother allowed me to join the army. I love the army and God bless these patriotic bunch. It is well with our country. If you fight off militants in Mali, you are cleansing our west-african region of ill informed jihadist who have caused my pains to God than please his eyes.

1 Like

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nigerian Army and Navy Special Forces train with their British counterparts

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nigerian Army Special Forces. (The elite of the elite)

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
NIGERIAN ARMY DEPLOY FIRST-EVER WHOLLY SPECIAL FORCES BATTALION

The Nigerian Army have deployed their first-ever battalion to be wholly manned by Special Forces troops. This came to light after video clips of a range classification exercise which took place recently at the shooting range of the 72 Paratroop Battalion, Makurdi were shown exclusively on Nigerian Television Authority’s network news.

Designated as the “Special Forces Battalion” and stationed at Makurdi, the fact that it has no numeric prefix attached to its name indicates that it is currently the only one of its kind in the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian Army have since 2000 trained several battalion-sized contingents of Special Forces. The batch of 4,000 troops batched into five battalions where trained in-country by a 225-man contingent drawn from the 3rd Special Forces Group , Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States of America.

The Nigerian Army commenced military training cooperation with the US Special Forces nearly a quarter of a century ago. Between 8 May 1986 and 23 December 1986, C Company , 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group trained the core of the Nigerian Army’s Airborne forces. They also trained amphibious forces in in riverine operations, tactics, maintenance and patrols.

Re: As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... by cold(m): 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Troops on pre-deployment training at the UN-certified Nigerian Army Peacekeeping Centre, Jaji

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Port Harcourt Is Working... Yes Amaechi Is Working(pictures) / Breaking: Former Borno Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff Defects To PDP / Shocking: How Gov. Chime Was Publicly Disgraced At PDP Secretariat In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.