Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Used Cars Wanted - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Used Cars Wanted (47745 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / Clean Nigerian Used Cars For Sale!!! *best Offer / Export Used Cars From U.s Into Nigeria At D Cheapest Rate Ever!(very Cheap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Used Cars Wanted by tirnom: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2006
i am a civil servant in kaduna state. I have an old car that was priced 100k. I want to change the car to amore modern one, mind you it is 18 years old.

Does anyone know where i can buy agood used car without the hassle of haggling? I have about 300k-350k. Or if anyone knows of a good Nigerian used car website, [let me know].
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Seun(m): 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2006
For a listing of used cars in Nigeria, lagosautobay.com.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by layi(m): 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2006
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 3:11am On May 01, 2006
I am in the Car Sales Business here in the US. I have shipped a few cars to Lagos and PH. I can help with ideas and prices of cars here. The prices in Nigeria are simply outrageous. But if you have questions, feel free to ask me.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by obua: 10:36am On May 01, 2006
Pls let me have your number. I am interested in getting things shipped from the USA to me.
My email is ifyobua@yahoo.com, 0805 502 7830, 084 429044, 084 429015
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2006
Things? Like what?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by obua: 1:54pm On May 01, 2006
Cars, jumping castles, books, tools and equipment, used catering equipment etc
Re: Used Cars Wanted by bernieman(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2006
Nice to really be here at this time.@old glory,I like you to let me know about the costs of cars there.Please send me a mail so that I can know how to buy one through you.My e mail address is berniemacho@yahoo.com.Hope to hear from you soon.Thanks so much Layi and Nwoke.You have made me know there is even an auto site in Nigeria.It's great to be a Nairalander.Cheers
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Seun(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2006
I cannot not guarantee that any business contact you meet here is trustworthy. Ceveat emptor.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2006
Please guys i would rather you give me the name and model and i will give you the best prices and all that. I have shipped for my family and friends and i am not in the business of Jumping Castles, Tools ETC. If you want help with cars and Cars only then i can help. Give me a name and model and i will give you the prices, what other models that compares ETC And i know how much it cost to ship from NY or NJ or MA or from MD. I am not sure i will buy and ship for people in Nigeria, i am not sure i want to deal with all that, i work at a local dealership here, and i buy and sell locally on the side too. So i guess what i am saying is that i can help with prices and other things, but the logistics of buying and sending to Nigeria, i am not sure i want to go there yet.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 2:10pm On May 01, 2006
I have a wealth of Information in this industry, and i can give advice and that is where i will stop. I will answer any car questions on this board and this board only.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by obua: 2:31pm On May 01, 2006
Thanks,

One can get a guide on car prices from www.autotrader.com. It has been helpful. After getting the prices, one becomes interested in buying. Doing business with/in Nigeria is always stressful but as long as we are born Nigerians we have to make do and work towards improvement.

Nwoke, thanks for the good job.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by tirnom: 3:32pm On May 01, 2006
old glory, please could you let me have the cost of a car under usd 1500 of any japanese or german make under eight years old ,exclusive of shipping.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2006
@Tirnom

I think you have to be realistic with what you expect. $1500 will not do too much for you. When you say German or Japanese Cars, those are imports and hold their value and are in demand. These are your maybes. You can do the Mitsubishi Galant 98, Toyota Corolla 98, Nissan Altima 98 and maybe the Honda Civic 98. German, i do not think there is much you can think of there for $1500. Shipping to Lagos Tincan or Apapa Ports from the Eastcoast, add $1500 and give a lead time of 21days for shipping and arrival. Oh i forgot to add the Mazda 626 or protoge 98.

@Obua

Because of the Logistics and the trust on both sides, i can only help with information probably better than Autotrader and other similar websites.If you are looking for info beyond the internet, i can help and tell you what the tricks of the trade are. I have my hands full with local clients and we have laws that protect us both ways. My friends and family i shipped for, was not for a profit, and i am not in that business yet. Maybe down the road i will take that up, but for now i can help with information only.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by layi(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2006
Another one www.timeautos.com
Re: Used Cars Wanted by zarah(f): 9:27am On May 04, 2006
hey old glory,
wats up, can u please buzz me on yahoo msgr?
i would have buzzed u but cant find ur e-mail addy.
myne is on me profile. lets talk cars.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2006
@Zarah

Can we talk cars here? What do u wanna know?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by kimba(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2006
@old glory
Pls lets talk cars

I want a honda civic. How much would it cost. u can msg me details on my mail(profile) if u dont want to put it here
Re: Used Cars Wanted by kimba(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2006
@Nwoke
that your lagosautobay.com no dey work o, no other links apart from the main page are working
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2006
Kimba

What year?? You know the civic has been notorious for changing it body. Please give me Year/Body style.If you have a picture you can post it here. I will tell you all about it ETC. Two door? Four Door?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by kimba(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2006
@OldGlory
Im not current with all the year/model stuffs, something like this:
http://www.1000carsales.com/buying/car.php?id=180206115800

Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2006
@Kimba

That is a 94-95 model. I think that would cost between $500-$1000. The down side is that you cannot ship it to Nigeria because it is more than 8yrs old. But you can ship it to Cotonou and try and somehow get it across the border. Nice things about this car is the Gas Mileage, easy to maintain and is very durable. Down sides are Spare parts can be expensive and the car gets stolen a lot for those same parts. Shipping to Cotonou/Lagos will cost about $1400. But you want to look for the 98/99 model Honda Civic and the vehicle will cost you about $3000 plus shipping cost to Lagos.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by gospelman(m): 4:30pm On May 09, 2006
Hey,Old glory,
how much will each of the following cost:
1.Honda Accord 1999,full option
2.Toyota Camry LE 1999,full option

Also tell me the cost of shipping

Thank you
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2006
Gospelman V6 or 4cylinder for these cars? By Full options i presume you mean Loaded? The accord, do you mean LX or EX? Sorry i Know am a bit detailed. Fully Loaded includes Leather, Sunroof, PW,PS,PL,Alloy ETC. Where do you want to ship to? Lagos or PH or Calabar? Container or RORO?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by gospelman(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2006
Hey,old glory.Thanks for your patient and for being so detailed.
Now I do not know much about cars:V6 and 4 cylinder etc.

You may help by explaining them,but the bottom line should be for you to tell me whci one is best and or more economical.
Would like to ship to lagos.I do not know what RORO means.Please,explain to me.But bottom line should also be getting the best cost savings.

I would prefer EX.What is the difference between LX and EX?You got me right with the fully loaded option.

Thanks once again for your help.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2006
RORO=Roll on Roll Off. Meaning it will not be in a container. Your cost on that depending on where you ship from,will be BTW $1400-$1700.Now the V6 is hard to maintain in Nigerian, because Nigerian Mechanics are not familiar with those Engines in the Honda and Camry. Or they will try to cheat you when you open your hood. It is complicated, i do not want to confuse you. But anyway the V6 means six cylinders and the standard is a 4cylinder. I think the V6 Accord is only Made for the US and Canadian Markets. I do not think Honda Place in Lagos/PH/ABJ sells V6'S or even in Europe. But anyway your cost on the 99 Accord EX(Loaded) will be anywhere between $6300-$8000 Depending on the Miles and condition and where you buy from. The LX model is a base model and the EX model comes with more features standard. As for the 99Camry LE(Loaded) will cost anywhere from $6000-$7500 for the Loaded version.

I hope this info helps you. I shipped a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited Edition for my friend this morning, the car is headed to Lagos and cost me $1500, because it was an SUV and there is a fuel surcharge the shipping companies are adding because of rising oil prices. But budget about $1400 and it takes about 14-21 days to get to Lagos Tincan/Apapa Ports. And from there it is up to you to clear the car through customs.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by kimba(m): 2:29pm On May 11, 2006
@oldGlory
you said you shipped a car yesterday(Ford Explorer Limited Edition ) and it cost you $1,500? and that my 94/95 model civic would cost $3000 in shipping? why the great disparity.

Ok, how about a more recent, like 2000 Honda civic version, or the latest. how much would it cost, and how much is the shipping.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:21pm On May 11, 2006
Kimba

Please read my above post again, i have modified it for you to understand. I said it will cost you about $1400 not $3000 to ship. The 2000 Civic is in very High demand, because Asian Kids use it for racing and "Sup" it up with all sorts of things. But i think you can get it anywhere from $5500-$7000. That should cover the CX,DX,HX,LX, models. Also should accomodate the Hatchback,2door and 4door models. Again these prices are all depending on the miles. I am giving you pricing on a good condition car. Kimba price to ship is always fixed, add another $1400 to ship to Lagos.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by gospelman(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2006
Old glory,
what car (either Toyota or honda ) would you advice a young man who has a budget of I million naira to get.
I intend to spend 1 million for cost,shipping,and clearing.
Thank you for your swift response
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2006
@Gospelman

One Million? That is about $6700. I will advice you go for the 2000/2001 Mazda 626 or the 2000/2001 Mitsubishi Galant. Or maybe the Honda Civic 98/99. Your money is going to determine what you buy. Your options are limited in that price range. But if you able. i will advice you buy the 1997 Toyota Camry, that is if you can afford it.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by gospelman(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2006
Thank Old glory.
At what rate did you convert to get I million naira equal to $6700?
Is there any problem with Toyota Camry Le 1999? (Just to get knowledge,ok?no offence!)
Why did you advice for me to buy camry 1997?Later models of civic do not appear strong to me.What do you think?

How much will the 1997 camry cost?

Thank you.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2006
@Gospelman

There is nothing wrong with the 1999 Camry LE. I just do not think you can afford it at 1million Naira. The 97 Camry CE/LE Models will cost about $3500-$4000. That is more your price range after you add shipping and clearing. The $ equals N150. Please note: You can not ship a car more than 8yrs old to Nigeria. The 1997 Camry will not be allowed into Nigeria. I hope i have answered all your questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SHINING WHITE 2008 Range Rover SPORT **Collab Of Fhemmmy And Olanshi**NIJA PIX** / Vin Check...Vin Check...Car History.Know Everything About That Car.. / Most Expensive Luxury Cars You May Think They Never Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.