Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (25594 Views)

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Blesphil(f): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
adexsimply: Gorky Park was written by Martin Cruz Smith..not John Grisham
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by erniok(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
Until i read Ted Dekker...
Blink and the Trilogy, Red;White; and Black.
Will look him up. Thanks.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by vanagon: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud: its hard to choose but 'as the crow flies' by Jeffery Archer might be.
Then maybe the Bourne series by Ludlum...
like dat also d bourne series.tink smth abt identity.love it so much.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Artistree: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
cigar icon: BLACK BOY (trying hard to remember the authour). That was the only book I know pulled tears out of my eyes

THE PURPLE HIBISCUS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

DIZZY ANGEL (forgoten the authour)
I loved Dizzy Angel...wish I could lay my hands on it again.
It's been like 17years since I read it and never forgotten it for once...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by KAYD007(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
Eze goes to school
The palm wine drunker
wink
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emfash: Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over 13 years but still feels like yesterday. Classic!
matarese circle is very interesting.. hope you ve read the concluding part? matarese countdown?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Clintontoju: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
i think rising star was sweet bt couldn't finish the novel.... wink tooo boringggggg... hahahahahaha.....
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Hoii(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Artistree: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
cigar icon: BLACK BOY (trying hard to remember the authour). That was the only book I know pulled tears out of my eyes

I love Dizzy Angel mehnnn...
Read it like 17years ago and still can't forget the story line.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
mauricerex: The luvly book i will nt 4get is SILAS MANNER bt i can't remember d author
George Elliot ..that book was very....
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by BOLOSKY: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
Garden Of Beasts -- Jeffrey Deaver
The Last Convertible -- Anton Myrer
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by idbami2(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Tom Clancy is the boss naw... RainbowSix.. Classicc!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Joowilliams: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
My favourites are:
Jeffrey Archer- first among the equals/kane and abel
Sidney Sheldon- if tomorrow comes
Thomas Hardy- Tess of the d'urbervilles/the mayor of casterbridge
Dean Koontz- phantoms
Chukwuemeka Ike- toad for supper
Hardley Chase- come easy, go easy.
Marie Corelli- the sorrows of satan
Charles Dickens- a tale of two cities
Elechi Amadi- the great pond/the concubine.
James Ngugi- weep not child
Peter Abrahams- mine boy
John Lee- the ninth man
Louis L'amour- where the long grass blows
John Grisham- the firm
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
firestar:

I have forgotten its author... cry Do you know who wrote it? I read it within a short timeframe...

Other books are Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon, Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer The India Fan...

I was thinking no one here has read Cain and Abel. Such a great novel. Make me cry every time.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by vanagon: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
erniok:
I think its runaway jury.
right u also got d runaway partner,in Patrick lanigan,was abt abt to be kick out by his lawyer colleague got info & make away wt their xpected loot,was soooooo chanllenging and full of die hard moment,still lukin for d book thou.pls if u got a copy i need one. av also read d runaway jury.(u will love d lawyer's)tanx.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by achi4u(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013

my guy DIZZY ANGEL was written by a woman from Agbor in Delta state... very insteresting
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mine is d concubine by elechi amadi. Dat guy wanting to knw d author of eze goes to skool is: onuora nzekwu and michael crowther
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
BANGA SOUP: EZE GOES TO SCHOOOL,WHO B THE AUTHOR DAT YEAR SELF?HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,PLS HELP ME OUT
onuora nzekwu..that book was soo smashing..i luvd it
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
kingphemy:

I was thinking no one here has read Cain and Abel. Such a great novel. Make me cry every time.
And the links too...
Kane and Abel to the Prodigal Daughter to Shall we tell the President...great novels from a great writer!
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by idbami2(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
The NL peepz gan sha.. They said jst 1 fav nvel, these guys r gvng us list of bkss.. SMH sad

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Principle of Economics by Oba Igwe.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mca795: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
mca795: Mine is DEVIL ON O CROSS by ngugi wa thiangu a kenyan writer
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by fowowe411: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Things fall apart~ Dr.chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
Brymo: 1.left behind
2.heaven wager
3.jack d ripper
4.the mayor of casterbridge
nija
5.efuru
6.virtuos woman
7.half of a yellow sun
almost forgot, '5 piont someone'
the mayor of casterbridge(michael henchard)..man the book was ...tragic
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nothing green by Evelyn doyle Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ Mirror image by Sandra brown
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by loadux(f): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Francine Rivers' redeeming love

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ikoniko(f): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer and The confession by John Grisham
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mattfeuter(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
John Grisham - THE KING OF TORT
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
I love THE ALCHEMIST. By Paulo Coehlo. And Also things fall apart by Chinua Achebe. Great Books
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by viciati(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mine is And In The Mornin by Elizabeth Deverell
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by phaya(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dunno if this can be called a novel but...FIFTY SHADES OF GREY by E.L James
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by KAYD007(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
[/quote][quote author=Shaggyfreshfish]Mine is d concubine by elechi amadi. Dat guy wanting to knw d author of eze goes to skool is: onuora nzekwu and michael crowther

The concubine? mehn we so dissected that book when we were in secondary school.
The heroine, what was her name now...yes IHUOMA...aaaah. I wouldnt want to fall for her kind oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.