Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,806 members, 7,806,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (25584 Views)

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ciphoenix: 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Blood Gospel: The Order of the
Sanguines Series
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by tetemu: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
Vanditta- the story of one forgotten.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by euthanasia: 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
My goodness! Is he dead

Yeah he is......died last year or so,can't recollect the actual year.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by charming4: 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Danielle Steel's "Secret".
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Sangman(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Source by James A. Michener
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by flow1759: 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Chimoski87: Mine are:
( 1 ) Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe
( 2 ) 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Green
( 3 ) The Act Of War by Robert Green.
All these books hv endless things to offer u if u know where u are going in life

i love all these books, there give a new perspective to life. I also like:
1. The art of seduction by robert greene
2. The art of war by sun tzu
3. The prince by niccolo machiavelli
4. Angels and demon by dan brown
5. Animal farm by george orwell
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by decepticos(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Misery by stephen king, this book made me read novels. After that mario puzo's omerta, the godfather, the family.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oluwajenyo(f): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
My favourite novels of all time sure is the CONFESSION,can't remember d authur now,I read dat novel more dan 10 times nd wept, reminiscing on it now,I feel so sober,its a nice nd pathetic story.d other is d NEW MAN,2 dis day I can summarise d whole story without a glace at d novel
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Cotton(m): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Sorrows of Satan!! Wow, read that years ago but it still is a classic. If anyone can find a copy they should read it.

Leon Uris was an excellent writer-read so many of his books. It is really difficult to say that one has a favourite book. If you are into books you would understand......

It's just a pity that our youth don't have that reading culture anymore, not like in the old days...
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by damiso(f): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
All the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by agog: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gifted Hands by DR Ben Carson.
It moved me to tears...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by lgboks(m): 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
when a child is motherless.......hav 4gotten d author.hav read it more dan once nd it has made me cry more dan once.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by AlhajiPastor: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by asharababe: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
THE CONFESSOR, SIDON SHELDON
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ebiro4: 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
ajanaku2:

Mario Puzo***
thnks 4 d correctn
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
The genesis code by john case is d best
Notable mentions are:
The confessor - john grisham
ThE rainmaker - john grisham
The street lawyer- johngrisham
The godfather- mario puzo
The persian price- can't remember the author
Congo - can't remember too
John grisham is d best novelist ever though.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Enoquin(f): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
The covenant, Poland, Hawaii, A Michener's Miscellany - James Michener
This Present darkness, Piercing the darkness - Frank E. Peretti
The Concubine - Elechi Amadi
If tomorrow comes - Sidney Sheldon
Hungry as the sea - Wilbur Smith
Far from the madding crowd - Thomas Hardy
Jaws - Peter Bechely
The Body Farm - Patricia Cornwell
Weep not child - Ngugi Wa Thiong'o
The Sicillian - Mario Puzo
Shogun - James Clavell
The Chamber - John Grisham
Chicken soup for the soul - Jack Canfield and Co.
Things fall apart - Chinua Achebe
The witching hour - Anne Rice
Splendid - ***

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by firestar(f): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oh! I just remembered this novel written by one 'sick' African American....The 'Milk in my cofee series'... Now, that's raw in every sense of real or is it the other way round? embarassed undecided
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by amarush(f): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
Roots - Alex Haley
The Colour Purple - Alice Walker
Flowers In The Attic - Virginia Andrews
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by samloko(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Client by John Grisham
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by pseudonomer: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emfash: Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over 13 years but still feels like yesterday. Classic!

The book was and still is a classic. I'll give anything to read it again. THE MATARESE CYCLE
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mynameisjade: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
I love all books by Wilbur Smith esp the book "birds of prey"
Ben Okri the Famished road....
Kola Bouf(sometimes)
And a whole lot of others cnt really recall@d mo
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by kooto(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
The AFRICAN CHILD....Camara Laye
ANIMAL FARM....George Orwell
A TIME TO DIE...Wilbur Smith
THE NEGOTIATOR..Frederick Forsyth
the world is full of married men...Jacki Collins,Hadley Chase,African literatures.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Tunjman(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nothing lasts forever- Sydney Sheldon
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
DaWhiz:

Great ratings/reviews. Just downloaded the epubs now. This is gonna be a long read. I luv me some pure fantasy shiit!
*smiles n rubs palms together in anticipation*
i promise u wont be disappointed..just make sure u don't fix an appointment b4 starting the books cos u cant stop readin once u ve started..
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by MemeInc(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
'Ubbermorgen'..'the day after tomorrow' by alan folsom
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sneedpahpaz(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Green Mile.....Stephen King(& d rest of his books)
As d crow flies....jeffrey Archer(& d rest of his books)
Carpetbaggers....Harold Robbins(& d rest of his books)
All of Sidney Sheldon's books......
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by django59(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pop Goes The Weasel James Paterson
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Meklex(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
omega terror by nick carter
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
njokusboy: The genesis code by john case is d best
Notable mentions are:
The confessor - john grisham
ThE rainmaker - john grisham
The street lawyer- johngrisham
The godfather- mario puzo
The persian price- can't remember the author
Congo - can't remember too
John grisham is d best novelist ever though.
Tot i was thru with John Grisham but i just saw the confessor and the appeal here.
I rate Archer and Sheldon above Grisham...because they are more diverse in their characters and plots. Grisham is usually law except painted house and bleachers.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by lekkie073(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Emfash: Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over 13 years but still feels like yesterday. Classic!
too many to count.....parsifal mosaic, aquitaine progression, gemini contenders.....not forgeting the most hilarious robert ludlum novel of all times, the road to gandolfo where a certain general hawkins decided to kidnap the pope for a ransome of 5 dollars for every roman catholic in the world. dat novel sweet die!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" / Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.