Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (25560 Views)

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Uziehot(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
come 2015 - by goodluck jonathan
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
erniok:
This was a beautiful masterpiece from ludlum. The matarese countdown as a followup was pure rubbish compared to it.
pure rubbish? robert ludlum never wrote a book that's a write-off.. believe me ..he neva did.. matarese countdown is as intriguing as matarese circle
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
firestar: Oh! I just remembered this novel written by one 'sick' African American....The 'Milk in my cofee series'... Now, that's raw in every sense of real or is it the other way round? embarassed undecided
the king and queen of raw are Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins! Always feel i av 'sinned' after reading their books...but they are very good writers.
The 'Users'...anybody heard of that? Read it a long time ago and it was raw then, maybe not now.
Will check out the milk in coffee series

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
Tot i was thru with John Grisham but i just saw the confessor and the appeal here.
I rate Archer and Sheldon above Grisham...because they are more diverse in their characters and plots. Grisham is usually law except [b] painted house [/b]and bleachers.
Painted house?..GOD i really respect that book
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adekayo1234(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
...till the very end!
I assume u mean 'Partners' by John Grisham?
you are right. That novel is a masterpiece. I will also recommend u read '' the runaway jurry '' and '' rage of angels '' by sidney sheldon. I think sidney and grisham are my best novelists
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mynameisjade: 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
mauricerex: The luvly book i will nt 4get is SILAS MANNER bt i can't remember d author

It was written by George Eliot(who infact was a female Mary Ann Evans)
I love her book The mill on the floss dats my fave u wud luv it more than Silas Marner I bet
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by amarral: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Black boy _ richard wright.
Houseboy _ Ferdinand Oyono.
Purple hibiscus_ chimamanda ngozi Adichie
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ikoniko(f): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
oluwajenyo: My favourite novels of all time sure is the CONFESSION,can't remember d authur now,I read dat novel more dan 10 times nd wept, reminiscing on it now,I feel so sober,its a nice nd pathetic story.d other is d NEW MAN,2 dis day I can summarise d whole story without a glace at d novel
The confession was written by John Grisham
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
adexsimply: pure rubbish? robert ludlum never wrote a book that's a write-off.. believe me ..he neva did.. matarese countdown is as intriguing as matarese circle
I enjoyed Ludlum till pple started writing with his name or with him....it was crappy!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sigmundfreud(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
adekayo_1234:
you are right. That novel is a masterpiece. I will also recommend u read '' the runaway jurry '' and '' rage of angels '' by sidney sheldon. I think sidney and grisham are my best novelists
Av read those ones.
Sidney Sheldon...i cant choose one o.
If tomorrow comes, Master of the game and maybe Tell me you dreams.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Uziehot(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
who past 2015 poster @ wadata house- bamanga tukur
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by tomietush(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pelican brief by john grisham
Testament by john grisham
Street lawyer john grisham
King of torts by grisham
Zoya by danielle steel
Malice danielle steel
Vanished danielle steel
Message frm nam danielle steel
Eyes of darkness dean kontz
One door away frm heaven dean koontz
Phatoms dean koontz
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
My goodness! Is he dead
yeop...he died in 2007 at age of 90 cry cry cry cry
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by lekkie073(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
adexsimply: pure rubbish? robert ludlum never wrote a book that's a write-off.. believe me ..he neva did.. matarese countdown is as intriguing as matarese circle
the greatest twist of ludlum's novel was in parsifal mosaic, but all his novels are just too interesting
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adekayo1234(m): 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
...till the very end!
I assume u mean 'Partners' by John Grisham?
yeah. Grisham and sheldon are simply d best 4 me
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by lekkie073(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
I enjoyed Ludlum till pple started writing with his name or with him....it was crappy!
the fact dat other authors are using ludlum's name to sell their novels show how exceptional he is in d art of storytelling. just like if u dont read bourne identity, d film will be crappy to u
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by kunleblack: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
A MATTER OF HONOUR. BY JEFFREY ARCHER

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Reference(m): 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
'Random Factor' - Mark Tiedemann - 1978. Everything I've read and I mean everything from Uris, Forsyth, Ludlum, Clancy, you name it, pales into absolute insignificance. You simply cannot put this novel down. How I got a copy, I cannot remember. It was never officially published and after more than 15 years of searching cannot find it to buy. 50k for a legible copy.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ogogoromaster: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Fist of God-Federick Forysth
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mynameisjade: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kamanda: The Sorrows of Satan-By Marie Correli.

*If you get liver try read am*

The sorrows of satan or the strange experience of a certain Geoffry Tempest....
I read it a while back n yes I loved it tho I got me a lot of strange stares in class n on d bus lols but I luved it from the the twists of poetry to the search of human mind n its cravings,I still ve it tho in hardback copy.....
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Akshow: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Memphis357: "A Rage against Heaven" by Fred Mustard Stewart...... A timeless classic
oh my! You are da main man. Now that is the best book in the whole wide world. I read it over and over again and still moved to tears. Next to it i pick sidney sheldon's master of the game.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
lekkie073:
the greatest twist of ludlum's novel was in parsifal mosaic, but all his novels are just too interesting
like seriously u ar right..but.. PROMETHEUS DECEPTION and THE JANSON DIRECTIVE are just too interesting to be ignored
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
kunleblack: A MATTER OF HONOUR. BY JEFFREY ARCHER
the world's most suspenseful CHASE novel after DOOMSDAY conspiracy(SIDNEY SHELDON)..kudos to jeffrey acher on that

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by mynameisjade: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=Cotton]The Sorrows of Satan!! Wow, read that years ago but it still is a classic. If anyone can find a copy they should read it.
Now that's a book had that n a certain Prince of Tides sittin on my bookshelf@d same time.....
Still ve it in hardcover tho jst might read it again soon,don't u jst love the way she flowed with words...........
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mixed blessings by Danielle Steel
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
if you wish to download the sorrows of satan by morielli, follow this link http://www.pdftitles.com/download/26531
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Abongs(m): 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
sigma protocol by Robert Ludlum is my best

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by petrov10: 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
cigar icon: BLACK BOY (trying hard to remember the authour). That was the only book I know pulled tears out of my eyes

THE PURPLE HIBISCUS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

DIZZY ANGEL (forgoten the authour)
black boy was written by richard wright
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by petrov10: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
mauricerex: The luvly book i will nt 4get is SILAS MANNER bt i can't remember d author
george eliot
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Memphis357(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
Akshow: oh my! You are da main man. Now that is the best book in the whole wide world. I read it over and over again and still moved to tears. Next to it i pick sidney sheldon's master of the game.
Meeeehn!!!! I'm still looking for another copy to buy. You should try and read Jeffrey Archer's "A Prisoner of Birth". That's another masterpiece.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by cutekonkolo(f): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kaleidoscope by Daniel steel
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Memphis357(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
adexsimply: the world's most suspenseful CHASE novel after DOOMSDAY conspiracy(SIDNEY SHELDON)..kudos to jeffrey acher on that
You should read "The Eleventh Commandment" by Jeffrey Archer. That's another suspense tensed novel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" / Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / REVENGE (an Action Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.