Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24555 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
I just heard from the 4pm network news that former vice chancelor of UNN, prof. Chinedu Nebo has been nominated for a ministerial position. To that effect, his name has been forwarded to the senate for confirmation. Anyone one in the house with futher details? I am really happy to hear this because he is a professional to the core. I know this because he was once my vice chancelor back then in UNN.

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
The people who work in whichever ministry he was appointed to head will call for sack because his disposition is not different from those of Barth Nnaji and the NSE lady. He's a stickler for due process and a disciplinarian. Let's see how it goes.

10 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Igwe9(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
He's nominated for the power ministry. I wish Prof. Barth was redeployed to Petroleum.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by PointB: 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
Anybody with the disposition of Prof Barth Nnaji is warmly welcome to the power ministry.

The privatisation drive has reached a critical juncture, we dont want a still birth.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Outside being a disciplinarian and a result oriented fellow (this man revamped UNN when it was at the brinks of collapse due to mal-administration), he is also a man I believe has the fear of God, being a Rev. in the Anglican communion. That said, I am really glad that GEJ has finally (cos it took him sometime) nominated another professional to continue the good work started by prof. Barth Nnaji.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Its confirmed. Names of 2 ministerial nominees was forwarded to the senate today

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Good to hear that...hope he performs
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Geomac: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
PointB: Anybody with the disposition of Prof Barth Nnaji is warmly welcome to the power ministry.

The privatisation drive has reached a critical juncture, we dont want a still birth.

You are 100% right bros
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Its confirmed. Names of 2 ministerial nominees was forwarded to the senate today
Pls, do u know the second person and the portfolio he/she is being nominated for?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by passion007: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hmmm...Chinedu Nebo! I have high opinions of this man who introduced Universities' Entrance Exam in Nsukka back in 2005. For the first time in a long while, admission was purely on merit. A number of candidates who had 300+ JAMB scores barely made it past 25% in the Entrance Exam. It was actually my 4th JAMB to study Medicine at Nsukka, and many thanks to his post-UME initiative, I got admitted. I think he's currently serving as VC of a SW University (?Ekiti). I hope he gets the position...his credibility chirps for itself.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen:
Pls, do u know the second person and the portfolio he/she is being nominated for?
The second person is a northerner and will most likely be deployed to the ministry of defence.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian]
The second person is a northerner and will most likely be deployed to the ministry of defence.[/quot
Ok, thanks.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by SamMilla1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
Does he know anything about the ministry he is about to head?
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by yuzedo: 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
He did quite well during his tenure as UNN's VC... And was a humble & effective priest at Christ Church.. Used to look forward to his service, and stopped going when he left.

So a Minister of the Federal Republic woulda actually served me Holy Communion? Yaay! cheesy

... Closest I woulda come to being "served" by our darned Ministers! Nuqqaz go to Abuja to serve themselves not the citizens! angry undecided

Just in: I heard he has been lobbying for this for ages! ƪoƪ! Hustler! cheesy All those Udi men eh?! Too ambitious.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Biim: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
He is a good and disciplined man, I just hope they don't corrupt him with their bad blood.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by vanstanzy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thats my former UNN VC. Go Nebo!!! Congrats Prof! grin grin grin

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Roland17(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
This appointment is long overdue, The name alone is famous around all universities in the East, those who know or have been privileged to meet with Prof. Nebo know this appointment is well deserved, but i am very sure they would fight him when he gets to office, Prof Nebo is a Disciplinarian to the core, a due process personnel like Afam has already asserted, all in all congrats Prof.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Yes
Yes
Yes[/size]

That's my brother!
Great man of God
Ultimate professional
Full of intergrity
I respect him totally!

Good job brother Nebo
Knew him when he was with ASUTECH way bacK now ESUT
Way before he became VC at UNN

When he was nominated as VC of one of the new federal mushroom universities I was disappointed
This is where he needs to be,where his impact will be felt
GEJ made a fantastic choice here

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nightshift(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Another plus for Coal City State. Dedication simplified !!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Soundmind(m): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is a good one
I fully support GEJ on this
Prof, carry go

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by brownlord: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness

Bro, none of them can answer that, what matters most to them here is that hes a prof. And a vc. Abi na em start post ume, is this enuf to give him such position if he has no clue abt the ministry hes bn ask to head?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
yuzedo: He did quite well during his tenure as UNN's VC... And was a humble & effective priest at Christ Church.. Used to look forward to his service, and stopped going when he left.

So a Minister of the Federal Republic woulda actually served me Holy Communion? Yaay! cheesy

... Closest I woulda come to being "served" by our darned Ministers! Nuqqaz go to Abuja to serve themselves not the citizens! angry undecided

I have sat in Bible studies to learn from him in Enugu
Wow
He has a heart for Nigeria and that is what we need
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by brownlord: 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
nwando: [size=18pt]Yes
Yes
Yes[/size]

That's my brother!
Great man of God
Ultimate professional
Full of intergrity
I respect him totally!

Good job brother Nebo
Knew him when he was with ASUTECH way bacK now ESUT

When he was nominated as VC of one of the new federal mushroom universities I was disappointed
This is where he needs to be,where his impact will be felt
GEJ made a fantastic choice here

Naija and sentiment, if the nomination was not in favor of ur state or tribal man u for don call jonathan clueless, anyway congrat to him, hope he doesnt dissapoint

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Igwe9(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Who talk say we no get capable hands for this country, anyi nwere mmadu na ebeke anyi.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
brownlord:

Naija and sentiment, if the nomination was not in favor of ur state or tribal man u for don call jonathan clueless, anyway congrat to him, hope he doesnt dissapoint

FYI I am probably one of GEJ's biggest fans
I have never called him clueless and I never will
Better him than anyone one else that contested for the seat with him.
That is for another topic

If the nomination had been Ohakim or Orji Kalu you can bet your life that I will be singing a different tune
Professor Nebo is a man of integrity

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Justicemy: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
a real christian is nt one wu involves his/her self in politics, coz its a dirty game

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by eldoradoxx: 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
Wow! What a good piece of news! Prof Chinedu Nebo is a disciplinarian, fears God as a core born again of Scripture Union Enugu of those days and down to earth. I last saw him when he was newly appointed VC of Nsukka at the Minister for Education office Abuja. I greeted him and he humbly left his aides and orderly and walked to have a handshake with small me then (a stranger too). The work he did in Nsukka stil speaks well of him, infact the incumbent will hardly fit well into the size of shoes he left behind there. This is the best decision GEJ has taken as far as appointments are concerned to me.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by conyema12(m): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
When Barth resigned i tot, no other person is fit to fill his shoes. Prof Nebo is indeed a perfect replacement for Barth. I knw him, he was my VC in UNN back then. He totally revamped UNN from a complete colapse. I hope he does the same to our energy sector.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nuzo1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:

Make person hear word joor!

Being a disciplinarians makes a lot of difference in governance and administration. In fact, its the major factor if not all.
What do you have to say about tonnes of technocrats the government has churned out from the 60s till date? Mind telling us why they failed?

All you need to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in anything you do is to be passionate and disciplined toward that.

This is not hearsay, Nebo is one of the most disciplined human beings I've come across. He will clean out wherever he's posted to. He's the only public servant I can vouch for.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Namiad(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: I just heard from the 4pm network news that former vice chancelor of UNN, prof. Chinedu Nebo has been nominated for a ministerial position. To that effect, his name has been forwarded to the senate for confirmation. Anyone one in the house with futher details? I am really happy to hear this because he is a professional to the core. I know this because he was once my vice chancelor back then in UNN.
i pray he has somtin to offer in d ministry
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: Outside being a disciplinarian and a result oriented fellow (this man revamped UNN when it was at the brinks of collapse due to mal-administration), he is also a man I believe has the fear of God, being a Rev. in the Anglican communion. That said, I am really glad that GEJ has finally (cos it took him sometime) nominated another professional to continue the good work started by prof. Barth Nnaji.
the man who started post utme and so many other innovations,the man who brought sanity to unn,stopped hand outs,unnecessary levies,sorting etc...
Simply put...He is a good man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

From Preacher To Political Leader, Agbonayinma Sets Sights On Governorship / Sowore Lambasts Govt For Abandoning $360m Stadium In Abuja, Leaving It To Rot / Minister Of Defence Dan Ali In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.