Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24554 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
Does he know anything about the ministry he is about to head?
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness
Prof. Chinedu Ositadinma Nebo is a metallurgical engineer. This means he is very conversant with the basics of engineering in geneal. So, this is not the case of appointing an agriculturalist or a medical doctor to head the power sector.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by DisGuy: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness

totally agree with you, Prof Nnaji was competent in the power ministry not because he was some reputed man of God but he's been there or thereabout and got the tshirt!

Hope this guy doesn't get maradona'd when he get in there, Hope he gets deployed to somewhere he has competence in
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by crackhouse(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
for goodness sake, this man is not a minister yet, and people are already jumping up and down. how are sure he will finally make it to the position?.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Oh dear me! How can you all be rejoicing now? No saint can perform with a boss like GEJ. A disciplined man who wants to enforce a policy would still get the late evening call from GEJ suggesting he bend the rules for the likes of Otedola, IBB, Atiku, Emeka Ofor, Abdusalami, etc.

But i still never forget my mantra o "GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019". Opposition please attack him hard at the same time grin
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by hussyhassy: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
i just hope he wont disappoint like jega.anyway congrat
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by princejude(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Congrats Prof. Nebo. I know this Prof in ESUT (he was our DVC then). I remembered when he made ESUT to start paying IT(SIWES) allowance to IT students.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
I read this in his farewell from UNN

NASU remarked thus: The Vice Chancellor of UNN, Prof. Ositadimma Chinedu Nebo will ever be remembered for his great numerous achievements in our University and beyond. To mention a few are the restoration of monthly pension payment after 38 months of indebtedness by the administration before him and finally, payment of the arrears of 38 months.
The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) was not left out of the appreciation of Nebo. In parts, it said: At the inception of your Vice-Chancery you understood the problems of this University and you set out determined to confront then squarely. You began by organizing public lectures and workshops that aimed at reorientating both Staff and Students.
Equally, the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) said: He came into the service when the University Laboratory activities were nose-diving because of the retirement of qualified technologists who work in laboratories. He, Prof. Nebo, started to recruit and grant extra years of services for competent technologists. Our concern now is whether we shall have another Prof. Ositadimma’s foresight as our Chief Executive.

Which other leader of any place in Nigeria can boast of paying 38 months in arrears for pensioners?
I have never heard of anything like it.
This is a great choice
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
I have come to learn one thing in life- patience is one of the biggest virtue. Keep ur head up. U might think no one is seeing u, bt u'll be surprised d day ur actions will be analysed.

Congrats to rev. Prof Chinedu Nebo. God wants u more in d power sector than in d bishop's seat.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by khanivorous(f): 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
Like they say ' the devil you know is better than the angel in the bush'

You all should be careful what you wish for...

People go hear am ooooh!!!!! Hope he survives this
He ate my money...I couldn't do a rat as.s about it
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: I just heard from the 4pm network news that former vice chancelor of UNN, prof. Chinedu Nebo has been nominated for a ministerial position. To that effect, his name has been forwarded to the senate for confirmation. Anyone one in the house with futher details? I am really happy to hear this because he is a professional to the core. I know this because he was once my vice chancelor back then in UNN.

Ist for MINISTER FOR NNDIGBO? or Minister OF VICE-CHANCELLORS ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
The students at the new Fed university in Oye Ekiti will miss out on a great leader but their local loss in Nigeria's gain
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by PHIPEX(m): 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
brownlord:

Bro, none of them can answer that, what matters most to them here is that hes a prof. And a vc. Abi na em start post ume, is this enuf to give him such position if he has no clue abt the ministry hes bn ask to head?
I may not tell you the exact course he studied but I know that when he stepped down as UNN VC we were told he was to Head a newly created dept under Engineering Faculty so I can conclude that he has an Engineering background.

May God bless whoever made this nomination for Nigeria, He stands today as the most respected VC among UNN VCs present and past. I only pray they wouldn't use politics to make a mess of his reputation.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Are u new to dis country? To think d guy studied pol sci or wat? How many of our past rulers studied pol sci or allied courses?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
PHIPEX: I may not tell you the exact course he studied but I know that when he stepped down as UNN VC we were told he was to Head a newly created dept under Engineering Faculty so I can conclude that he has an Engineering background.

May God bless whoever made this nomination for Nigeria, He stands today as the most respected VC among UNN VCs present and past. I only pray they wouldn't use politics to make a mess of his reputation.

He is somebody that will gladly resign the post than mess up his reputation
Believe me ,these are the sort of people Nigeria needs
There are not too many like him in that country of crooks
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by princejude(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
@gmolen Prof. Chinedu Ositadinma Nebo is a metallurgical engineer.

He was my Lecturer in that MME department(ESUT) (100 and 200 level). That man is 2 good. If they allow him he will perform.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ah, my former VC. I weep for those who considered Prof Barth to be too strict. Prof Nebo is more strict and a workerholic. Am sure he will transform any ministry he will be posted to. Congrat Venerable.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
Justicemy: a real christian is nt one wu involves his/her self in politics, coz its a dirty game
this is the reason there's so much corruption in the land. 'Christians' as you put it shy away from politics. Its dirty when you play dirty.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
For those asking whether he knows anything about the power sector, Prof Chinedu Ositadinma Nebo is a metallurgical engineer, a broad field of engineering that deals with all kinds of metals. A metallurgical engineer is conversant with the basics of engineering in general. So, this is not the case of a prof. of medicine heading the power sector.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
He still looks good,been a while I saw him
My husband will jump at this news
Make I call am sef

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: For those asking whether he knows anything about the power sector, Prof Chinedu Ositadinma Nebo is a metallurgical engineer, abroad field of engineering that deals with all kinds of metals. A metallurgical engineer is conversant with the basics of engineering in general. So, this is not the case of a prof. of medicine heading the power sector.

This is still a shame,although a lesser shame.
Ven.Engr.prof.chinedu ositadinma nebo(to show una say I know am wella) is a professor of material and metallurgical,no doubt.he is good,no doubt.

But......this is a power industry that should be headed exclusively by an electrical engr with years of experience in a working power industry(say us,sa,uk.....)

On a second look at it,it gladdens my heart as an engr that a fellow "theoritical"engr is appointed in an engineering industry,which is better than names like..arc nuhu wayas,bar,mr....
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by anataala: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
is true
Jonathan Names Kebbi ACN Guber Candidate, Turaki; Ekiti Fed Varsity VC, Nebo As Ministerial Nominees

http://ireports-ng.com/2013/01/16/jonathan-names-kebbi-acn-guber-candidate-turaki-ekiti-fed-varsity-vc-nebo-as-ministerial-nominees/
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by PHIPEX(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

Ven.Engr.prof.chinedu ositadinma nebo(to show una say I know am wella) is a professor of material and metallurgical,no doubt.he is good,no doubt.

But......this is a power industry that should be headed exclusively by an electrical engr with years of experience in a working power industry(say us,sa,uk.....)
On a second look at it,it gladdens my heart as an engr that a fellow "theoritical"engr is appointed in an engineering industry,which is better than names like..arc nuhu wayas,bar,mr....
I prefer a Met & Mat Engineer with integrity over an Electrical Engineer who sees corruption as a necessary evil. I wish you were in UNN during his farewell programs to see the way students were crying. For instance,One of his children could not gain admission into UNN during his tenure because he/she could not pass post-JAMB.He broke the back of corruption in UNN during his tenure and am sure he'll do same in power sector. And by the way, what course did Barth Nnaji study?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Dede1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
If this dude has the alleged scholastic and disciplinary attributes as attested by most posters on this thread, I strongly suggest he shuns the aforementioned nomination for ministerial appointment in Nigeria.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

Please shut up you hear
Mr "my Engineering deeeeek is bigger than yours"
He is not going to be climbing ladders to install electrical wires neither will he be manufacturing them.
The American Energy secretary is a physicist
All those are within the same jurisdiction
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Sunbellar: 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
This should be the best thing that ll ever happen in GEJ administration. Prof. Nebo was my VC back then in UNN. He is a humble man full of integrity. God bless Prof. Chinedu Nebo
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Congrats to the Professor. I am happy that another professional is heading a professional and strategic ministry. I have never heard about this prof. but all the comments here are positive. There is always an element of truth in every rumour.
Poeple, do not forget that this man is now heading a powerful ministry and no more a federal University. The uni has a budget of about 0.005% of the power ministry. There are a lot of cash flow in the ministry which makes this ministry a target for forces, Cabals, Politicians etc to share their own part of the "nigerian cake". These forces are strong and I believe they are still in power, ready to deavour anybody that crosses their path.
These forces are part of the of the issues of the former minister, Barth Nnaji. I pray this man will be able to overcome these forces.
The NEPA Union (Ogas) that refuses to believe that we are in the 21st century is still there. They only want business as usual: Sell transformers, sell meters, sell contracts, sit in Brown HILUX truck and bragging, even though they all know jack shi.t nothing (I work with a lot of them even managers). They dont retire (cos of the huge cash flow exchanging hands) hence the whole strata is stagnant hence no new blood in the system. This is why all processes are still archaic and manual. Have you ever seen a computer in any NEPA office? This people are also a great threat to the success of this man.
In summary, The huge cash flow in this ministry makes it a big target for Political thiefs whose toes one might not wanna step on.
I wish him and Nigeria all the best.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Ikwerefistson: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Roland17: This appointment is long overdue, The name alone is famous around all universities in the East, those who know or have been privileged to meet with Prof. Nebo know this appointment is well deserved, but i am very sure they would fight him when he gets to office, Prof Nebo is a Disciplinarian to the core, a due process personnel like Afam has already asserted, all in all congrats Prof.
if u thnk dy wil fight hm dnt u tnk dat we ordinary nijerans re noise makers witout actions.b4 our very eyes prof barth nnaji ws forcd out of office nd we citizens did ntng abot it knwng hes d best power minister ds con3 hs producd.nw prof nebo is warm up nd i tnk wat we should be tokng of is hw do we prevent such a re ocurance wen our best re being sacrificd on the alters of partisen politics
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by kolexy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva: The people who work in whichever ministry he was appointed to head will call for sack because his disposition is not different from those of Barth Nnaji and the NSE lady. He's a stickler for due process and a disciplinarian. Let's see how it goes.

Which NSE Lady? I hope you are not talking about the SEC lady that eats 1M a day. Don't be deceived by her cry, she was cooperating wityh the reps before the public enquiry.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
BayoAA: Congrats to the Professor. I am happy that another professional is heading a professional and strategic ministry. I have never heard about this prof. but all the comments here are positive. There is always an element of truth in every rumour.
Poeple, do not forget that this man is now heading a powerful ministry and no more a federal University. The uni has a budget of about 0.005% of the power ministry. There are a lot of cash flow in the ministry which makes this ministry a target for forces, Cabals, Politicians etc to share their own part of the "nigerian cake". These forces are strong and I believe they are still in power, ready to deavour anybody that crosses their path.
These forces are part of the of the issues of the former minister, Barth Nnaji. I pray this man will be able to overcome these forces.
The NEPA Union (Ogas) that refuses to believe that we are in the 21st century is still there. They only want business as usual: Sell transformers, sell meters, sell contracts, sit in Brown HILUX truck and bragging, even though they all know jack shi.t nothing (I work with a lot of them even managers). They dont retire (cos of the huge cash flow exchanging hands) hence the whole strata is stagnant hence no new blood in the system. This is why all processes are still archaic and manual. Have you ever seen a computer in any NEPA office? This people are also a great threat to the success of this man.
In summary, The huge cash flow in this ministry makes it a big target for Political thiefs whose toes one might not wanna step on.
I wish him and Nigeria all the best.

My greatest fear is that they will frustrate his efforts
I am still hopeful sha
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by johnekene(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: I just heard from the 4pm network news that former vice chancelor of UNN, prof. Chinedu Nebo has been nominated for a ministerial position. To that effect, his name has been forwarded to the senate for confirmation. Anyone one in the house with futher details? I am really happy to hear this because he is a professional to the core. I know this because he was once my vice chancelor back then in UNN.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nightshift(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
We read here that he is a good man, but how will he fare with hells called PDP people? It's not easy being a dove amongst hawks , you need lots of strong balls . Prof. Nnaji is an example here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Give Reasons For Cease Fire / Nigerians In The US Protest: "Prosecute El-Zakzakky Now" (Photos) / Abba Kyari: IPOB/ESN Are Celebrating His Exit With Crime - Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.