Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (26153 Views)

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / ECOWAS To Send 3,000 Troops To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by chreldb(m): 10:15am On Jan 17, 2013
esere826: Ok, go on and fight
but what's in it for Nigeria?
don't tell me that its simply to weaken Boko Haram (Libya provides a crucial link thanks to NATO)
dont tell me its simply to help our brother nation (remember South Africa's ingratitude)

After fighting Mali's war, we have to station our troops permanently there, and influence their government
We need to sell made in Nigeria Innoson cars to them; they need to buy our Chivita and Dangote juice;
our own glo telecom needs to be given government backed monopoly there
We need to ensure that the powers of their central bank stops being domiciled in France, but intstead is domiciled in one of our banks
The loot of their leaders must not go to Swiss or French banks. They should send their loot to Zenith bank

we need to ensure that we send our own university graduates as expatriates to construct roads in Mali
Our intellectuals need to be given consultancy work in their development agencies
The kids of their top shots need to school in our universities
the parents should be directed to our own Calaber for their resort

Their top shots need to made to buy holiday homes in Nigeria
Their young girls need to fall over for our men and get impregnated sharp sharp (as some of our ghirls fall over for oyibo)

Na so countries dey take rich
.....This is the way the West does it, and it is marvelous in my sight

You are so on point!!
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by gst101: 10:16am On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

You've been watching too many Hollywood movies.
isnt he right?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by chreldb(m): 10:18am On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

Those Jets are very expensive o!!

If France loses one, they can replace it easily.. If Nigeria loses one, omo EKITI State Budget for 4 years never buy one o!!

Instead, make dem come carry Chachangi plane go.. Them fit wind down the window dey shoot them from there..

You be yeye person!! grin cheesy LMAO
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ochukoccna: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2013
kawkab: Kudos to the Nigerian Air Force and the Nigerian Military (the best fighting force in Africa). They have proven it over and over again. In this case the rebel and jihadist would start shitting in their pants when they hear that the Green White Green flag and the strength of the eagle would be landing.

We may not have gotten everything right, but gradually we are getting there. At present the Liberian and Sierra Leonian economy has a heavy Nigerian Presence, same for Sao Tomme and Principe and majority of West African Country.

lets wish our men the best as the first batch leave for their duty tour/combat role for 6 months.
When will we get it right?
Nigerians perform MIRACLES in all fields of endeavours
Even with our broken educational system, geniuses still come through but most relocate to saner climes
There's more than enough to go round for every one
Who saw the deprivation and hunger which cloaked most of our retired officers& soldiers during the Armed Forces Remembrance day celebrations despite their starched uniforms?
I would have said deal with the fat cats in Abuja but its more than them
Its the elite that are Nigeria's problem
Did you see the Channels TV documentary on the police college?
Did you see the decay and squalor those who protect our society are trained in?
Look at this antiques which cannot stand in modern technological warfare that is our NAF's pride and joy
Despite our tribal differences,I believe we are willing to still work it out [fix our issues] and be a country
We have more than enough to be the black super power but our elites get phucking us without vaseline
Until we commit class suicide, which no society has ever done in history, I fear we will keep going round in circles as a nation
9ja, So much promise yet so much squalor
Apologies for been off point

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2013
gunuvi: Which one is chengdu f7 wey una no like? Okay me sef no like changida G7

Pls which of those planes be UchenduF7?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by leslieu63(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

You've been watching too many Hollywood movies.
they are real dude, u cant see them on radar.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2013
gst101: how much is the f-16 and f-22? They are not up to 30million USD each one. One of the f-7s costs 15million USD. We bought 15 of them in 2009. I personally think that money should have been used to buy the 16s and 22s.

First of all, the F-22 is ridiculously expensive. That's why the Americans have halted production. 2nd, the Americans will NOT sell the 22 to anyone, even their own close allies. 3rd,buying the F-16s may be nice, but tge pre-conditions that come with them won't favour us at all.

That said, I suggest we go for a number of surplus Russian Su-27s7 flankers.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by MadCow1: 10:26am On Jan 17, 2013

The Chengdu f-7.. It is just like buying Innoson Jets.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Phemour: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2013
And who say we are nt giant of africa? Heard French army too landed in mali.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by gst101: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2013
this MADCOW of a man you really need to join ali baba. You will succeed. Trust me.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by gst101: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2013
any one of you might be interested in this. www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/26#13873690
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by amiskurie(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2013
leslieu63: just 5 american f-22 stealth fighter jet or russia Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter, can take out a hundred Chengdu F7s and alphas combined, imagine fighting what u cant see.
africans don't get fair deal dealing with the US,UK and most of europe.is really our leaders fault for lack of vision.
Russia and china is a good deal,they are as good and I frefer we clinch with them.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

First of all, the F-22 is ridiculously expensive. That's why the Americans have halted production. 2nd, the Americans will NOT sell the 22 to anyone, even their own close allies. 3rd,buying the F-16s may be nice, but tge pre-conditions that come with them won't favour us at all.

That said, I suggest we go for a number of surplus Russian Su-27s7 flankers.

You guys should deal with poverty that has ravaged Nigeria first before thinking of advanced weaponry.what is the point in having a sophisticated military to defend your country against external aggression and having millions of your fellow citizens who can't afford a three square and are more likely to engage in internal strife/insurrection ? I'm sure you won't want to use those advance weapons on them.

Eradicating Poverty is naija topmost priority not advanced weaponry.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by gst101: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You guys should deal with poverty that has ravaged Nigeria first before thinking of advanced weaponry.what is the point in having a sophisticated military to defend your country against external aggression and having millions of your fellow citizens who can't afford a three square and are more likely to engage in internal strife/insurrection ? I'm sure you won't want to use those advance weapons on them.

on point

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Johnnoah1st: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

u are a fool, but how do u manage to get out of dat burundi refugees camp where u are?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by MadCow1: 11:03am On Jan 17, 2013
Johnnoah1st: u are a fool, but how do u manage to get out of dat burundi refugees camp where u are?

HUH??!!

What makes him a fool please?!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by gst101: 11:06am On Jan 17, 2013
Johnnoah1st: u are a fool, but how do u manage to get out of dat burundi refugees camp where u are?
why talk like this? He has done you no harm.

Reducing poverty is most important. But we can sell off al the current fleet we have and build a few war planes by ourselves. It is better to have few good planes than to have many not too good ones.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ojoawo(m): 11:08am On Jan 17, 2013
And now, Nigeria is short on Defences

Did I hear bout America extending drone target Ƭõ̸̳͡ nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2013
Our expensive Mig-21 rip-offs finally get to see action, three air-frames lost in the first two years of service,air to ground capability limted to unguided rockets,lacks the ability to use smart air to surface munitions....well our pilots are pretty good, what those guys did with Alpha jets in Sierra leone is nothing short of remarkable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2013

Are you high or you misquoted me by mistake mo'r'on ?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by beejay4all(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2013
So how government hav d moral 2 send hw soilders there y we hav unrest in d north.y cant they send sum frm oder africa country 2 9ja.we are really face problms in nigeria may God help us.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ojoawo(m): 11:14am On Jan 17, 2013
beejay4all: So how government hav d moral 2 send hw soilders there y we hav unrest in d north.y cant they send sum frm oder africa country 2 9ja.we are really face problms in nigeria may God help us.

So make them use warheads for North ??

Are you a learner?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2013
slim fit :
These are useless planes most countries don't use them anymore .
u ghanian, pls locate ghanaland and leave us alone. Who asked for ur opinion BTW?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Ninilowo(m): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2013
segzi cres: So naija doesn't hv 1 "apache. (•̩̩̩̩͡_•̩̩̩̩͡)
We have and even some chinooks but this is not a party for helicopters I think.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2013
It's high time we started manufacturing made in Nigeria war planes. I know we manufacture weapons but we can do better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Originalsly: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Do you know the US last week declared that it was sending its military to Mali to fight the Islamists? Is it a coincidence that Nigeria decided to send warplanes? Or is it Nigeria is being used as a puppet to help the US get a foothold in Africa? Since when the US became concerned about the plight of Africans? What did they do about Rwanda? What have they done about Sudan? Nigeria is being used to help colonialise Africa . This is all about the US setting up a military base in Africa.How can you fight terrorists with fighter jets? Lots of innocent lives are about to be lost since every male in Mali would be deemed a suspected terrorist. Just like the war on drugs, the war on prostitution....the war on terrorism has no end. Nigeria should take care of its local terrorists before even thinking about taking care of abroad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Ninilowo(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2013
The power of airforce is terrific when there is nothing to oppose it. Awon kini yi ti daran ni Mali. Staaaaaaanndddd haaaaaiii !!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by saviola77(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

If France loses one, they can replace it easily.. If Nigeria loses one, omo EKITI State Budget for 4 years never buy one o!!

Instead, make dem come carry Chachangi plane go.. Them fit wind down the window dey shoot them from there..

Lool... I can't laugh enough.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by RedLight1: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

this got to be the funniest thing have ever read ...choiiiiiiiii grin grin grin grin grin i cant believe i laffed out for real... u be mad cow for real ...
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by UnimkeAk(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
igbo2011: How much of these are manufactured in Africa? We need to make our own bombs, planes, weapons, drones, etc. We musn't rely on foreigners to supply us forever. WHat if World War III happens? If we are fighting America why would they give us weapons to fight them?

NORTH KOREA, IRAN. Bt no country can defeat America in warfare. Even Russia no near.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by olyg: 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
NA WA O.we neva fight the war,BOKOHARAM way we GET for this country ,we wan go fight another person war.NIGERIA put your house in order first.i don tire for d decisions way our leaders dey take for this country
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Omogbhollahorn(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
so nigeria get this kind thing sha shocked shocked shocked shocked nice one grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode's Birthday Poem For His Wife, Precious Chikwendu / APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Ganduje Visit Obong Of Calabar / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.