Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road (4015 Views)

#BringBackOurGirls Member Mubaraka Sani Dies In Accident Along Abuja-kaduna Road / Buhari Meets With Julius Berger Board Of Directors (Photos) / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by MurphyT1: 10:25am On Jan 17, 2013
The barricades placed by construction giant, Julius Berger, along the newly expanded Airport Road in Abuja has caused serious traffic snarl Thursday morning.

Motorists spend over two hours without much movement.

Some of the motorists who spoke to PREMIUM TIMES complained bitterly about the barricades.

“This people have almost completed this road, yet they will block everywhere and make life difficult for Nigerians, can they do this in any other country?,” one the motorists asked.

Already the motorists have gathered into a mob and have started removing the barricades.

Though the road was already opened for motorists, Julius Berger said it still has a few things to do to complete the construction.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/115583-julius-berger-barricades-cause-heavy-traffic-snarl-along-abuja-airport-road.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=julius-berger-barricades-cause-heavy-traffic-snarl-along-abuja-airport-road
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by olaezebala: 10:33am On Jan 17, 2013
Don't mind those animals. It took me 2hrs to move from Federal Housing juncture to Citec Estate today and looking at them u can easily see that they have nothing in particular they are doing on that road.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 17, 2013
WHY MUST EVERY OPINION HAVE TO DO WITH "CAN THEY DO THIS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY". SO MUCH FOR WELCOMING. WHY AREN'T WE SO UNDERSTANDING.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by EteFlexible: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2013
Hmmmmm, Berger are taking we Nigerians for a ride that's all i can say. What stops Berger from doing the little % left at night or if that's not possible which it is. Why can't they open the roads say till 9am because they ain't working at that time and traffic is usually on the high side in the mornings. 2. Open the roads again from 5pm because by this time traffic is also high and also we see that them Berger have closed for the day.... If this was in the South or East Berger in either wildest dreams will not try what they are doing now.... Its about time government reviews their contract because this shows that they are not capable of handling more that two jobs at a time like seriously..... Call the Chinese..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Igwe9(m): 11:10am On Jan 17, 2013
al-qaeda:
WHY MUST EVERY OPINION HAVE TO DO WITH "CAN THEY DO THIS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY". SO MUCH FOR WELCOMING. WHY AREN'T WE SO UNDERSTANDING.
what is there to understand in that rubbish they are doing on that road al-qaeda , you block the whole over 9km road doing nothing, why not segment the work. in fact, if the road had been well planned out , that intersection at the City Gate shouldn't have existed at first, it would have ran in parallel to each other across the stadium, all the way to the major express road.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by MurphyT1: 11:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Ete Flexible: Hmmmmm, Berger are taking we Nigerians for a ride that's all i can say. What stops Berger from doing the little % left at night or if that's not possible which it is. Why can't they open the roads say till 9am because they ain't working at that time and traffic is usually on the high side in the mornings. 2. Open the roads again from 5pm because by this time traffic is also high and also we see that them Berger have closed for the day.... If this was in the South or East Berger in either wildest dreams will not try what they are doing now.... Its about time government reviews their contract because this shows that they are not capable of handling more that two jobs at a time like seriously..... Call the Chinese..

i dnt just understand, govt really need to look into this cos very soon some GEJ haters will start saying he is insensitive to their plights whereas he may not even be aware that this Germans r causin alot of headaches on the road...itz simple, Berger shud open de road when the more traffic in the mrgs and evenings afterall itz just a small portion by the gutter they r working on..de r gradually becoming demi-god in nig..*hisssssssss*
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by touchmehard: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2013
al-qaeda:
Al Qaeda?? shocked sad
Make una com see boko haram o
Moderators pls trace his IP address and location
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by vanstanzy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Motorists either ignored the alternate road that was provided or non was provided at all.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by vanstanzy(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Murphy T: The barricades placed by construction giant, Julius Berger, along the newly expanded Airport Road in Abuja has caused serious traffic snarl Thursday morning.

Motorists spend over two hours without much movement.

Some of the motorists who spoke to PREMIUM TIMES complained bitterly about the barricades.

“This people have almost completed this road, yet they will block everywhere and make life difficult for Nigerians, can they do this in any other country?,” one the motorists asked.

Already the motorists have gathered into a mob and have started removing the barricades.

Though the road was already opened for motorists, Julius Berger said it still has a few things to do to complete the construction.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/115583-julius-berger-barricades-cause-heavy-traffic-snarl-along-abuja-airport-road.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=julius-berger-barricades-cause-heavy-traffic-snarl-along-abuja-airport-road

JB, normally doesn't block the entire assess road and stay doing nothing at the same time. Another assess road may have been provided somewhere, but those motorists are just too impatient to find out.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Euroclydon(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
vanstanzy: Motorists either ignored the alternate road that was provided or non was provided at all.

I live at Lugbe and there was no alternate road to alleviate the traffic jam! Today's jam was a gridlock or dreadlock....even motorist coming in from fed housing fly-over were trapped on the fly-over.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by emteecve(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
na God talk say d mob no attack us, we run inside bush , comot reflective jackets n hard hats
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by MurphyT1: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

JB, normally doesn't block the entire assess road and stay doing nothing at the same time. Another assess road may have been provided somewhere, but those motorists are just too impatient to find out.

but surprisingly the was none this around, all motorist were forced to pass tru a narrow path which inturn caused a very terrible hold up...and this happens even in the evenings after close of work, i think de r driving at something, cos de roads r completed, itz so frustrating...
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by 1800bc(f): 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
The Julius berger i know work at night...so what happened? this delay tactics is intentional....can they try this during military regime? mstcheeew!
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Horo(m): 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
Gaskiya this people are very insensible they no mind how people will feel by varicading the road without doing anything on it,as advice let them leave the road open from morning to at least 8am and open by 5pm
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by vanstanzy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
Euroclydon:

I live at Lugbe and there was no alternate road to alleviate the traffic jam! Today's jam was a gridlock or dreadlock....even motorist coming in from fed housing fly-over were trapped on the fly-over.

Too bad! sad
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by vanstanzy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Murphy T:

but surprisingly the was none this around, all motorist were forced to pass tru a narrow path which inturn caused a very terrible hold up...and this happens even in the evenings after close of work, i think de r driving at something, cos de roads r completed, itz so frustrating...

ROAD COMPLETION is rather a relative word. After tarring of the road, which everyone else sees as total road completion, there are still some other minute jobs to be done to give the road a total finish. E.g. road marking, placing street warning signs, road electrification etc. JB could be doing any of these, which people wouldn't readily notice. But all the same, an alternate assess should have been provided to aid vehicular movement.
I can feel ur frustration!
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by MurphyT1: 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
they have done all this, de were only patching the space close to the gutter, which de wud hav just partition one side of the road while doing thier job, itz so insensible on their path...i have a feeling u work there...somethng shud be done abt it fast.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by tundesto(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
I experienced the same thing on my way to office from Lugbe this morning. It was a hell.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by vanstanzy(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Murphy T: they have done all this, de were only patching the space close to the gutter, which de wud hav just partition one side of the road while doing thier job, itz so insensible on their path...i have a feeling u work there...somethng shud be done abt it fast.

I don't work there but JB happens to be in the same industry as me. My advice: Find an alternate route.

Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by dimcee(f): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
♏v̶̲̥̅ son gt to schl 10am ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ ♏v̶̲̥̅ baby ΨåS̤̈̊ crying bitterly.U̶̲̥̅̊ nid to see d way  ΨåS̤̈̊ crying dis morning . Berger shuld pls do sumtin fast
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Bawss1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Now everybody is an expert on road building. grin
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by olaezebala: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
I really pity those coming from Kuje, gwagwalada or even outside abj cause that traffic will surely be hell by now. Thinking of the second face when I"m going home again in the night. I need a chopper
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by eshovictor: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
And JB should be told to cover up the drainages as it has caused so many accidents with vehicles crashing inside slightest mistakes.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by 2Legit2Qui: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
This road is still under construction for God's sake. You wont blame the delay on insensitive drivers of those commercial cabs who park on the road to pick and drop passengers. You wont blame it on those who drive on the space between the drainage and the road and go on coming to join the main traffic thereby causing hold up.if everyone files on the two lanes provided, there wont be so much hold up, but as usual, blame it on government and not on people's driving attitude.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by 2Legit2Qui: 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
eshovictor: And JB should be told to cover up the drainages as it has caused so many accidents with vehicles crashing inside slightest mistakes.

Any car that crashes in the drainage on that road must be driven by a drunk driver. There is ample gap/space between the road and the drainages, there exists a shoulder between the drainage and the road, so, any driver that crashes into the drainage must be drunk.

Haba. Must we criticise everything?
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by olaezebala: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Any car that crashes in the drainage on that road must be driven by a drunk driver. There is ample gap/space between the road and the drainages, there exists a shoulder between the drainage and the road, so, any driver that crashes into the drainage must be drunk.

Haba. Must we criticise everything?

I don't know how but lot of cars do crash into that drainage especially in the night.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by paschalIk1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
They are always busy on that road doing nothing.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by olaezebala: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Already in the part two of this mess(going home). Starting from the bridge that leads to Galadimawa to God knows where.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by 2Legit2Qui: 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dem no build road, una go complain, dem build road, na still complain. Na wa.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by gogodaye(m): 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
We need to be honest here the road is still under construction! it is a damn construction site. All we've suggested JB have done. We're simply impatient, have little or no regard for the attendant consequences of our actions & inactions whilst on the highways as road users. JB at their sites offer the best safety wise whilst construction is ongoing this notwithstanding the number of crashes on this road is scary. we should simply exude discipline and we'll get home & to our offices early enough.
Re: Julius Berger Barricades Causes Traffic Along Abuja Airport Road by Igwe9(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
gogodaye: We need to be honest here the road is still under construction! it is a damn construction site. All we've suggested JB have done. We're simply impatient, have little or no regard for the attendant consequences of our actions & inactions whilst on the highways as road users. JB at their sites offer the best safety wise whilst construction is ongoing this notwithstanding the number of crashes on this road is scary. we should simply exude discipline and we'll get home & to our offices early enough.
Hmm, is only those who have tested the shoe know where it pinched the most.

It was terrible and wasn't a well thought-out exercise, in the side of JB.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi Live on kakaki, A.I.T / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu Are ANTICHRIST / President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.