Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? (13051 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Simplified Layman Explanation Of The Basic Ideas Of Evolution. / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^ You see that you are the unashamed liar now. smiley

So where is the evidence of this "legendary" lying with straight face on my part.

As I said before, on the substantive matter you are too thick and dense and too much of a dunce to be able to understand let alone present my argument. I will not even waste my time in that regard.

However, you could show me to be this "legendary liar" ------ by producing evidence. smiley

You are a rather skillful liar, I must admit. Attempting to turn the tables by asking me for "evidence" will not do you any good. Your numerous lies about atheism being a religion on the back of a US court pronouncement are well-documented on this forum. Heck, even you just admitted to having more links to show where you have peddled these lies.

Again, your lie on this thread that you were only "using an American case to explain that (evangelical) atheism has even been held at law to be a religion" is also still there above for everyone to see. This is a patent lie that I cannot even imagine that you'd try to defend it. An extreme oversimplification of your position at best, but a lie, still. All these lies while keeping a straight face and you still have the gumption to demand "evidence"? Are you having a laugh?

It's funny to observe the way you're desperate to wriggle your way out of this rather that owning up to your sins. I guess I'm simply expecting too much from a religionist. I can only shake my head.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Seriously, Enigma, when did you turn into this? You used to be one of the sanest Christians on this forum. Now you're just sitting comfortably on the other extreme.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Purist:

You are a rather skillful liar, I must admit. Attempting to turn the tables by asking me for "evidence" will not do you any good. Your numerous lies about atheism being a religion on the back of a US court pronouncement are well-documented on this forum. Heck, even you just admitted to having more links to show where you have peddled these lies.

Again, your lie on this thread that you were only "using an American case to explain that (evangelical) atheism has even been held at law to be a religion" is also still there above for everyone to see. This is a patent lie that I cannot even imagine that you'd try to defend it. An extreme oversimplification of your position at best, but a lie, still. All these lies while keeping a straight face and you still have the gumption to demand "evidence"? Are you having a laugh?

It's funny to observe the way you're desperate to wriggle your way out of this rather that owning up to your sins. I guess I'm simply expecting too much from a religionist. I can only shake my head.

Ah, see! smiley

You have yourself now conclusively proven yourself to be a LIAR

But then that was always the way of thickos; once they can not measure up on a substantive debate they resort to your kind of lies and desperate tactics. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Ah, see! smiley

You have yourself now conclusively proven yourself to be a LIAR

But then that was always the way of thickos; once they can not measure up on a substantive debate they resort to your kind of lies and desperate tactics. smiley

LOL. . . You seem to be getting some form of gratification from simply echoing my words in the opposite direction. I won't indulge you any further. smiley

Feel free to have the last word.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Purist: Seriously, Enigma, when did you turn into this? You used to be one of the sanest Christians on this forum. Now you're just sitting comfortably on the other extreme.

I am the same as I have always been. You are suffering from a certain syndrome that a number of evangelical atheists and sciolists (not necessarily atheists) suffer from when they realise that Enigma is more than capable of puncturing their pomposity and showing up their limitations. smiley

If I had never engaged you sciolists and evangelical atheists, you would have continued to hold me in "high esteem". wink

{{{That reminds me of the recent "catholic" debates and how a poster said he had had the same negative damascene perception of me lol}}}}
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Purist:

LOL. . . You seem to be getting some form of gratification from simply echoing my words in the opposite direction. I won't indulge you any further. smiley

Feel free to have the last word.

Much obliged: you are a lying and slanderous dunce and thicko.

Finally: I completely stand by my arguments on the thread you linked and the other related threads. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
For posterity:

Purist:

Have you no shame, Enigma? A full grown man like you telling lies on a public forum just to score cheap points? Are you friggin' kidding me??

For anyone that is interested, here's the post Enigma is referring to: https://www.nairaland.com/966459/arming-faithful-against-logic/3#11175237

Your argument was NEVER an attempt to explain how atheism had ever been held at law to be a religion. That explanation itself would have been totally unnecessary as no one ever disputed that for a moment. Instead, your duplicitous argument all along (and till this day) was that atheism IS, in fact, a religion simply because the US Supreme court made a special provision under certain circumstances to accommodate that classification for a specific case.

In other words, you argued that since the US supreme court ruled that atheism was a religion, therefore, atheism IS a religion. Everyone, including I, pointed out to you that even though that was the case, you cannot use that solitary example to impose a universal definition of what atheism connotes, especially as it was a legal interpretation restricted to a particular jurisdiction.

You then ridiculously went ahead to recall my previous Bill Maher quote to attempt to save face. You implied that since I quoted an American earlier, I was being hypocritical to condemn you for quoting an American law. Unfortunately for you, you failed to recognize the sheer idiocy of this comparison. People quote others all the time if the words resonate with their convictions, and it wouldn't matter if they were American, Chinese or Namibian. You, on the other hand, attempted to impose a universal definition with a legal interpretation that was CLEARLY SPECIFIC and restricted to a certain jurisdiction.

Even Deep Sight who is a theist like yourself destroyed your idiotic arguments completely on that thread, so much that all you could muster at the end was a feeble "tell that to the birds".

If you're going to misrepresent people and be telling lies all over the place, you should at least have a good memory to boot.

===
Sorry for going off-topic guys.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ For posterity: I stand completely by my arguments on the thread quoted above and related threads though the thicko above is trying to misrepresent those arguments. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ For posterity: I stand completely by my arguments on the thread quoted above and related threads though the thicko above is trying to misrepresent those arguments. smiley

Just to be clear. . .

For posterity: Enigma argued that since the US supreme court ruled that atheism was a religion under special circumstances, therefore, atheism in itself IS, in fact, a religion.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ You still remain too thick to understand the argument; so I will not bother to answer your misrepresentations. You have proven yourself unworthy of that.

However, I will show how much of a nonentity you are intellectually: you have never read the cases in issue.

A person who is not a thicko would read them first before feeling competent to discuss them ----- but on that thread you mumus relied on third hand information from others who similarly had not even read the cases. wink

So, NO I cannot take you seriously on the substantive issues. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
Oh, and once again: I stand completely by my arguments on the concerned thread and related threads though this thicko calling himself "Purist" is trying to misrepresent those arguments. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ You still remain too thick to understand the argument; so I will not bother to answer your misrepresentations. You have proven yourself unworthy of that.

However, I will show how much of a nonentity you are intellectually: you have never read the cases in issue.

A person who is not a thicko would read them first before feeling competent to discuss them ----- but on that thread you mumus relied on third hand information from others who similarly had not even read the cases. wink

Your attempt to poison the well is well-noted. You can't fool anyone here.

Once again: Enigma argued that since the US supreme court ruled that atheism was a religion under special circumstances, therefore, atheism in itself IS, in fact, a religion.

This is not a misrepresentation. This was your argument all along. Denying this will only further confirm the 'liar' status already conferred on you.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ And you have the same answer. smiley You still remain too thick to understand the argument; so I will not bother to answer your misrepresentations. You have proven yourself unworthy of that.

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ And you have the same answer. smiley You still remain too thick to understand the argument; so I will not bother to answer your misrepresentations. You have proven yourself unworthy of that.

For posterity:

Enigma's duplicitous argument all along (and till this day) was that atheism IS, in fact, a religion simply because the US Supreme court made a special provision under certain circumstances to accommodate that classification for a specific case.

(P.S. If this is a misrepresentation of his argument, why does he ALWAYS bring up this court case whenever he wants to "prove" that atheism is a religion? There, you have your answer. wink )
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ So you no longer have confidence that people going to the thread can see my argument --- and so you want to rehash here.

I will not indulge you. I am confident enough to leave intelligent people going to the thread to form their own conclusions.

For this thread, I give you this response below once more. smiley

You still remain too thick to understand the argument; so I will not bother to answer your misrepresentations. You have proven yourself unworthy of that.

However, I will show how much of a nonentity you are intellectually: you have never read the cases in issue. wink

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
What of Evangelical theism?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kay 17: What of Evangelical theism?
What about it?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kay 17: What of Evangelical theism?

Reyginus: What about it?

Maybe Kay17 wants reassurance that it is a religion lol smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ So you no longer have confidence that people going to the thread can see my argument --- and so you want to rehash here.

Lmao. . . look at this unrepentant buffoon. Conveniently forgetting that I was the first person to draw attention to that thread by providing the link for everyone to see how foolish you are. cheesy

I remain super-confident that the intelligent people on this board will draw appropriate conclusions from that thread. Keep crying foul, you may win some sympathy eventually.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^
If you are confident you won't be so keen to rehash here.

Maybe you want to learn, but I am never keen to have a thick mumu or dunce for a student. wink

Mumu who does not even know that the first step is to read the cases, who also does not know that it is unreliable to rely on persons who themslves had not read the cases.

Intellectual nonentity wanting me to be his teacher. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
Seriously, you guys(Enigma and Purist) are going below the maturity line.
We're watching.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^
If you are confident you won't be so keen to rehash here.

Maybe you want to learn, but I am never keen to have a thick mumu or dunce for a student. wink

Mumu who does not even know that the first step is to read the cases, who also does not know that it is unreliable to rely on persons who themslves had not read the cases.

Intellectual nonentity wanting me to be his teacher. smiley

I'm gonna spare you the agony for now. I've played with you enough for today. Now I shall attend to things that actually matter. wink
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
Reyginus: Seriously, you guys(Enigma and Purist) are going below the maturity line.
We're watching.

My apologies. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
Reyginus: Seriously, you guys(Enigma and Purist) are going below the maturity line.
We're watching.

Sometimes, a person has to do what he has to do,

Sometimes these things are necessary. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Purist:

I'm gonna spare you the agony for now. I've played with you enough for today. Now I shall attend to things that actually matter. wink

You remain a thicko, slanderer and intellectual nonentity. smiley

And as I said before:

"Those who matter don't mind; those who mind don't matter." wink
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Purist(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma:

You remain a thicko, slanderer and intellectual nonentity. smiley

And as I said before:

"Those who matter don't mind; those who mind don't matter." wink

Jesus loves you too. cheesy
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma:

Sometimes, a person has to do what he has to do,

Sometimes these things are necessary. smiley
I also think and know their are better ways to make people see the flaws you claim enshrined in their post. Don't you think so?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
Reyginus: I also think and know their are better ways to make people see the flaws you claim enshrined in their post. Don't you think so?

Maybe there are ---- that is subject to if the "people" are reasonable, honest and intelligent people. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma:

Maybe there are ---- that is subject to if the "people" are reasonable, honest and intelligent people. smiley
Okay.;-)
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Is evangelical theism a religion?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kay 17: Is evangelical theism a religion?
Kay, I don't understand you. :-OWhat is theism to begin with?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 7:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma talks about evangelical atheism as a religion, so I was curious of its opposite pole evangelical theism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.