Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? (13048 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Simplified Layman Explanation Of The Basic Ideas Of Evolution. / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^ But Kay, you should remember my point on that issue on that other thread!

Anyway, refresh your memory here https://www.nairaland.com/966459/arming-faithful-against-logic/1#11156971

smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kay 17: Enigma talks about evangelical atheism as a religion, so I was curious of its opposite pole evangelical theism.
Good for you. But you asked the wrong question.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Enigma: ^^ But Kay, you should remember my point on that issue on that other thread!

Anyway, refresh your memory here https://www.nairaland.com/966459/arming-faithful-against-logic/1#11156971

smiley

You ignored me there
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Enigma(m): 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^ I don't think so, but sorry if I did. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Reyginus: Good for you. But you asked the wrong question.

It is more like a silly question.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Kay 17:

It is more like a silly question.
Lol.;-)
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 3:32am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:
Anony sir,

I bow in awe of your sheer dubiousness! No one this forum can match your anonyism
Lol, once again the "dubious anonyism" cop-out.

Premise 1: Logicboy states an argument of sorts.
Premise 2: Anony points out problems with his argument and asks questions demanding that the argument be explained properly.
Conclusion: Anony is dubious for not using his psychic powers to see Logicboy's "logic"

Loool, What wonderful "logic" from our resident "knight of atheism"
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, once again the "dubious anonyism" cop-out.

Premise 1: Logicboy states an argument of sorts.
Premise 2: Anony points out problems with his argument and asks questions demanding that the argument be explained properly.
Conclusion: Anony is dubious for not using his psychic powers to see Logicboy's "logic"

Loool, What wonderful "logic" from our resident "knight of atheism"

You can lie to yourself. You have been caught being dubious so many times.......
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:
You can lie to yourself. You have been caught being dubious so many times.......
Yawn.....empty accusations does not equal "being caught" just like shouting debunked and epic fail do not make them true.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn.....empty accusations does not equal "being caught" just like shouting debunked and epic fail do not make them true.

Not even by me but by both christians and atheists.

Your soul thread,

the thread about tragedy and evil

etc

Remember your rapethiest comment that got universally panned by atheists?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Kay17: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
MrAnony1:
Lol, I'll explain it to you in a nutshell:

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang which is said to be the origin of space and time. Usually when a theist argues the that if space and time began to exist, then the cause of space and time must be one that transcends space and time.(Kalam cosmological argument)
The atheist usually disagrees saying that it is impossible to make sense of any being that is spaceless and timeless.

The next argument that a theist presents is that the fine-tuning of the universe in the sense that the universe follows a very specific order is an indication that the universe has a designer.
The atheist usually counters by citing the multiverse theory which is that the universe is not alone but is part of an infinitely large number of universes ordered in many different ways.

I believe that the big bang theory contradicts the multiverse theory because if space and time started locally in each universe, then whatever is inbetween any two universes cannot possibly be space so what is it?

It seems to me that on one hand the atheist denies that a spaceless and timeless realm exists but on the other hand indirectly admits spaceless and timeless realm when he/she cites the multiverse theory (which by the way has no scientific proof/evidence whatsoever). I am really interested in finding out how his/her explanation for reality works.

Do you follow?

Probably the boundary between two universes is infinite densities, Stephen Hawkings suggests an imaginary time prior to the Big Ban.g; there are rich speculations nonetheless. However what does not make sense is the timeless, spaceless talk. Because it is of negative connotation and points to no particular direction, it is a host of confusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.