Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful (27264 Views)

Dickdastardly's 14 Commandments For Successful Hunters! (photo) / 10 Commandments For A Youth(lady) To Be Successful / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by hamsky: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
martyns303: 12. Invest wisely

I swear you no well which girl go give you punny for N30 when we no dey liberia or sierra leone
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by sisqology(m): 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Above everything, put God first.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by omowolewa: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nice one!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by pippen213(m): 12:11am On Jan 19, 2013
sulaimon99: 11. Believe in ALLAH in evritin you do

Believing in God should be numerouno
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by vislabraye(m): 12:22am On Jan 19, 2013
The list could be more than that. But the key thing is FOCUS.
There are so many distraction these days. Even as great as your job could be, it coult turn out to be a distraction to what your ultimate goal is.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Fleming5(m): 2:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Eziokwu for real
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by obitrac: 4:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Lagos_Boi:

you've not met a good lady that will support you in all ways. There are women that will advise you and put your attention to what you can't even imagine it will make you prosper, not talking about those empty type of girls but you are right to a certain extent because the time you spend looking for her can be spent on making you grow.

Bros am still searching for one in this part of the world,abi make I turn to christopher columbus?

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by obitrac: 4:11am On Jan 19, 2013
EPL,messi and ronaldo fans take note of no 4
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ayomidefalaye(m): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Good advice
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by obitrac: 4:32am On Jan 19, 2013
madridsta007:

I tire jare... Who really says he can't succeed without a woman
The op just put number 6 to compensate women afterall he has a mother,gf,wife,unmarried sister abi op whÍch one?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by YemiAdisa(m): 4:55am On Jan 19, 2013
sisqology: 10 comandments for a youth to be successful
1. Do not depend on ur parents' wealth. Someone may come tomoro to dupe you and you will lose everything. Learn to do things on ur own.
2. God has given everyone a talent. Pray about urs, discover it, and work on it. Then it will work out for u.
3. Do not just sit down and ping, tweet, facebook while others are making money with their talents. Be wise for once, the owner of these things are using us to make money.
4. Its good to appreciate good things, but learn to appreciate it wisely and stop arguing unneccessarily about football and players. When will people argue about you also? Think!
5. Don't feel like a don for sleeping with too many ladies, they won't make ur destiny fufiled as some are filled with badluck.
6. Learn to get a lady close to you to be successful as they say: without a woman,a man cannot be successful.
7. Learn to solve problem on ur own, its a good way of making it in life. Don't copy others, tap little from them and modify it.
8. Stop drinking and smoking too much as it may damage ur life too much. Do it socially.
9. Learn to have a good heart, help people around you if you have the power as they'll use their heart to bless you.
10. Think about impossible things, try to make it possible. Bigger people started from somewhere.

Thank you.
Do u need an affordable website? Call 08066843074
pin:234AC43A

Your point 3 is a little bit confusing because there are lots of people out there (including myself) that are making money legally through Ping, Tweeter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media or social networking websites. The problem with most Nigerians on these social networking websites is that they are not making use of the services to enhance themselves and probably make money legally through it. 95% of Nigerians on social networking websites, most especially on Facebook & Twitter, are wasting their precious time and helping others to make money through the services. Most of these social networking websites have moved away from their traditional function as networking sites that link you and your friends and families, they are now more of a business or brand oriented avenue through which you can sell, market or expose yourself to potential clients. This is what most Nigerians on these social networking websites still have not worked on. I have said it to many people that "there is no point in using Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn if you aint got something to sell, promote or market.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by change4life: 5:31am On Jan 19, 2013
Yes we all can be successful but the prblem is that only few really know how. So the question should be: How and What do we need to do to be successful?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by sisqology(m): 5:59am On Jan 19, 2013
YemiAdisa:

Your point 3 is a little bit confusing because there are lots of people out there (including myself) that are making money legally through Ping, Tweeter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media or social networking websites. The problem with most Nigerians on these social networking websites is that they are not making use of the services to enhance themselves and probably make money legally through it. 95% of Nigerians on social networking websites, most especially on Facebook & Twitter, are wasting their precious time and helping others to make money through the services. Most of these social networking websites have moved away from their traditional function as networking sites that link you and your friends and families, they are now more of a business or brand oriented avenue through which you can sell, market or expose yourself to potential clients. This is what most Nigerians on these social networking websites still have not worked on. I have said it to many people that "there is no point in using Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn if you aint got something to sell, promote or market.

Makes sense.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by relax10: 7:27am On Jan 19, 2013
Nice advice!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by bleeztouch(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2013
I disagree with number 6,mind u i hv hibernated myself.No woman dis yr and it seems to be working well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2013
Reference:

Totally wrong. Women are endowed with special skills and capabilities not found in menfolk. You just have to search for them. The much vaunted saying that behind every successful man is a woman is much more than a fact.

If most men viewed his post and liked it, should tell you that majority of the men are with him. So, you are wrong and don't speak for us. Besides, you are a weak man...check yourself well.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by emmykul1809: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2013
1. Do not depend on ur parents' wealth. Someone may come tomoro to dupe you and you will lose everything. Learn to do things on ur own.
2. God has given everyone a talent. Pray about urs, discover it, and work on it. Then it will work out for u.
3. Do not just sit down and ping, tweet, facebook while others are making money with their talents. Be wise for once, the owner of these things are using us to make money.
4. Its good to appreciate good things, but learn to appreciate it wisely and stop arguing unneccessarily about football and players. When will people argue about you also? Think!
5. Don't feel like a don for sleeping with too many ladies, they won't make ur destiny fufiled as some are filled with badluck.
6. Learn to get a lady close to you to be successful as they say: without a woman,a man cannot be successful.
7. Learn to solve problem on ur own, its a good way of making it in life. Don't copy others, tap little from them and modify it.
8.Stop drinking and smoking too much as it may damage ur life too much. Do it socially.
9. Learn to have a good heart, help people around you if you have the power as they'll use their heart to bless you.
10. Think about impossible things, try to make it possible. Bigger people started from somewhere.

Thank you.

tanx n God bles u
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by anonimi: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2013
I am not sure someone already mentioned this but it is also necessary not to be afraid of failure.
If the person fails, she has learnt one way of not succeeding and should amend his formula/method/ways to try again being convinced that he is on a path to fulfilment.
One should note that many of the discoveries that became modern conveniences were the results of several failed attempts before the "Eureka" moment.
It is however necessary to avoid continuous failing by doing things the same way- that will not produce a different result aka success!

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Sharexgold(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2013
You blow my mind poster!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by okennaM: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2013
A Good one there, noted!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Jubal01: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2013
What is allah?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by playahP(m): 9:55am On Jan 19, 2013
The biggest mistake we make is to think their are laid down rules to success!!

Just plAy your part and live ur life!!

Success would come!!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2013
u don useless d whole post. Nawa ooo
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by crackhouse(m): 11:30am On Jan 19, 2013
sisqology:
i love this two
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by 9iceEze: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2013
madridsta007:

I agree with most of these, but disagree with Number 6.

Most ladies will turn out to be a distraction. So to be safe, stay away from them till you feel you have attained that height of being successful that permits some relaxation. Then use the time of relaxation to search for a lady to complement and help you, one who believes in your dreams and vision. Jumping into an emotional entanglement with a lady while trying to focus on being successful, will eventually result in a fatal distraction for the young man.
madridsta007:

Most ladies will turn out to be a distraction. So to be safe, stay away from them till you feel you have attained that height of being successful that permits some relaxation. Then use the time of relaxation to search for a lady to complement and help you, one who believes in your dreams and vision. Jumping into an emotional entanglement with a lady while trying to focus on being successful, will eventually result in a fatal distraction for the young man.
madridsta007:

mmmmh u r capital WRONG rmember in d bible wen God created adam, he ws alone in d garden wsn't com4table wit ol around him, he alone cnt do ol nd God sw dat nd cend im a woman. Dnt cnsider deir dstraction bt deir attribution so far. In life ther must b a hardship.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Macky2(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2013
[quote author=Aggrippa]i have just bookmarked this page!!!! i am gonna photocopy it and paste it on the ceiling!!![/quote]

Lol
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by kolamilan(m): 11:51am On Jan 19, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: allah my foot,allah and prof muhd saw aka satan at work are gay bandit,any bdy dat depend on those element wil never make it in life because muhd and allah are failures,destroyers,armed terrorist,theives and diabolical illmannered idiot
YE SHALL KNOW THEM BY
THEIR WORDS
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by kolamilan(m): 11:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: u satanist,if am d 1 dat gave birth 2 u,i wud have killed u and flushed in d toilet,tell me any gud tin allah n muhd saw aka sex aword winner has done apart 4rm killing pple?
Ok sir we don hear you.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ObaAkenzua: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
8.Stop drinking and smoking too much as it may damage ur life too much. Do it socially.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Security Man Picks Lost Wallet With Cash & 8 ATM Cards, Gave It Owner / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People / A Complete List Of Nairaland Supermoderators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.