Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,158 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Are There Catfish On Nairaland? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Catfish On Nairaland? (27698 Views)

What Do You Think? Catch Or Catfish? / Yourmain Is A Catfish!!!!!!! / How I Discovered This CATFISH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
tpia@:
oro yi kolori ko nidi.

you're saying you met someone on nl who turned out to be a meat seller?

then what time does he browse here.

have you thought you're being played like a banjo?

anyway, gbogbo yin e ku networking.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
Another thing i'll like to know is if the guy used someone else's picture to contest for Mr nairaland or did he touch up his photo to make himself presentable.

Pls can someone help us with the list of the Mr Nairaland contestants....
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by ogtavia(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
tpia@:
oro yi kolori ko nidi.

you're saying you met someone on nl who turned out to be a meat seller?

then what time does he browse here.

have you thought you're being played like a banjo?

anyway, gbogbo yin e ku networking.
honestly,i av thot about it,maybe she was twice-hoodwinked,there is more to this than the guy has to say,abi is it a mere coincidence that d guy is short,ugly and a meat seller in Oshodi who supposedly has been faking it but out of the blues came out with the truth,somebody is playing or toying with somebody somewhere..IMO
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
ifyalways: Very funny.

The few nlders I've met are exactly what they present to be online, besides the clownish acts though.

Page would hit the homepage if you'll be kind enough to unmask him. tongue
Just wondering how the fella you met was able to combine meat selling and nlding?it takes active nlding to participate in nld beauty contests, no?
Nne e ji okwu o.

Come to think of it sef, how did a meat seller have time to participate in the Mr NL contest? Abi him no be popular nlander? Except say him get sales boy wey dey sell for am.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
lol...she dey find fine boy.You get time sha.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by LesbianBoy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva: LMAO grin grin grin...this is some funny sh1t.

Don't be fooled. This is the World Wide Web where anybody can be anything and even more. People are not what they appear to be.

@OP
How are we sure you came back from the US and not Cotonou
grin?
98 likes 0 dislikes

for this post especially the bolded

@Topic like someone above has already said, NAIRALAND GIRLS are WORSE! Yet you will see them giving themselves ''fruity usernames'' and putting their friend's pishure!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by sdbaba: 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
mimifonwon:

lol then tell him to hit me up, its good to have friends, u have my email...smiley ttylr

Your story sounds interesting and i would like to meet somebody like you. I do visit the states a couple of times a year and wouldn't mind you showing me around town. What state do you live in if I may ask? Can I have ur email addy please
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by smakati(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2013
U get mind o....... Just go and thank ur chi/God/whatever it is u worship......some tried it and lost dere life in the process.....at least u were smart enough to go wit ur brother and cousin........
There are catfish(es) everywhere...frm nairaland to 2go, frm twitter to BBM......facebook is the worst......
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
mimifonwon: Anyways this guy and i had been emailing and even skyped, but he always said he couldnt cam up, but always asked me to cam up.
but how could u have missed this one OP

2 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Lucky me, i am yet to meet anyone from Nairaland we were different from what they made me believe they were before meeting.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by AZeD1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Well i've never met any offline but i've spoken with one on the phone. I had a lot of friends that were "yahoo yahoo" guys so i can smell scam a mile away.

OP lets have a skype chat but my cam doesn't work grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
rokiatu:

Moderators forntpage frontpage frontpage.

As for me why would I wanna meet a guy offline esp nairaland of all places. Been here since 2006 or 07 never attempted such and never will.

It doesn't change/affect anything here.......

Don't say don't tell..... Cuz u may!!! Nland is getting better everyday!!!
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Sitex(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
For those who care to knw...I'm the meat seller question
Am tired of living a fake life so am out nw on nairaland as a renown MEAT SELLER.
How many of you nairaland gals gbadu me nw None am guessin
so you see why i had to project a false image of myself rght!
Life of unequal opportunities... *mtcheeeew*
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by iyatrustee(f): 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
D catfish nlder must either be 190, lesbiaboy or xynerise! Cos these are the three meatsellers i know dat are nairalanders grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Theloveth(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
hmmmm....wonder's' neva cease to happen,OP pele.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by AZeD1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
iyatrustee: D catfish nlder must either be 190 or xynerise! Cos these are the two meatsellers i know dat are nairalanders grin cheesy grin
Hmmm from your post, i'm tempted to infer that you fell for their "scam"
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
sorry girl. Personally I always take precaution when it comes to stuffs like that. About a year ago, I meant a chic online through FB. She is a friend to my friend's younger sis on FB. Somehow we became friends on FB and started chatting. From chatting to phone call, she's got a great personality. After the first phone call I told her out-rightly I don't stay in naija and don't know you in person. If she wouldn't mind I am sending my friend over to have a face-to-face chat with her. At least to put a real face to her. At first she kicked about it after some minutes she agreed. To cut long story short, my friend met with her and I later called my friend and my friend expressed his opinion about her. Later traveled to naija, met her in person and wasn't disappointed just that the distance and that we are both in different places emotionally at a time, made us to part ways.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by AZeD1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: Nne e ji okwu o.

Come to think of it sef, how did a meat seller have time to participate in the Mr NL contest? Abi him no be popular nlander? Except say him get sales boy wey dey sell for am.

Madam how far?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by iyatrustee(f): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
A-ZeD:

Yes! They are now my customers. Their meat dey fresh die and dier scale is correct tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by coogar: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
mimifonwon: So i was in naija recently, i have met some cool people here on nairaland, and some have emailed me, i just wanted friendship and someone to hang with when i got to nigeria.

So i met this guy ( will not name him cuz i really feel sorry for him, if he will go to such extent to be someone else, he was one of the contestant for mr.nairaland). Anyways i thought this guy was hot, ( na me be the mugu), it wasnt like i was trying to do him ( am a good girl, wasnt looking for that). Anyways this guy and i had been emailing and even skyped, but he always said he couldnt cam up, but always asked me to cam up.

I have to admit he was funny, handsome and was everything i liked in a guy, and he said he just graduated from uni in uk and relocated to naija for nysc. I was really taken away by his patriotic spirit, anyways, fast forward we had been chatting with eachother for 4 months until i got to naija. I gave him my number and invited him to come to my uncle's house where i was staying in lagos and he kept giving some excuses, i was getting angry,one time he said his car broke down and the other time he said he just got robbed on his way to meet me so he ended up not coming.

Anyways i offered to have someone come pick him up, but he said no, that his gateman lost the key to open the gate, so he has to wait for his sister who had the spare key to come back,i believed him( abi na me be mugu).

This guy man, was so kind in his words and reassuring that i just related everything to bad luck, but the day i was about to go to the east to visit my grandmother's village he calls and askes me if i would still be his friend if he wasnt so handsome and had all the money he claimed he had. I was like sure, why not, i didnt befriend you for your money, yes i was attracted to him, but it was his character and words that won me over.

Anyways he says i should come to oshodi and that he will meet me there, and so just curious i convinced my brother and my cousins to follow me there, when i finally met the guy, he was a meat seller, and yes he was a graduate, but i was amazed how well he fooled me, even his british accent he faked was good. He told me how much he liked me when he saw my picture and knew i wouldnt talk to him if he didnt play big boy.

I was shocked, but i forgave him, no he wasnt even cute, he was 37 year old guy, and short, nothing like the pictures he sent me, but yes i learned my lesson, and that is why i am done befriending people on nairaland, i dont like to be deceived. So if anyone has had similar deceitful experience- what we in america call catfish experience" please feel free to share.. Yes btw i know i was a big Fool X infinity to trust a guy i met online, talk of Nairaland.. I felt so useless...

i saw a documentary today and it was like dejavu

so does anyone have a catfish story?

5 words - you are what you attract!
i have met several peops on this forum and they are exactly what they said they are - no gimmicks!!! people like you should learn how to separate the chaff from the wheat.

1 Like

Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
A-ZeD:

Are you minding Iya?

She's joking o, 190 is a bar boy in Edo state, Xynerise dey sell something for one supermarket for Lag.cheesy
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by boron10(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Jeez, this guy will have to abadon his nairaland moniker i swear. Before i make comment on this let me laugh first
hahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahah lwkd lwtmbo

op, please tell us the person abeg, there are so many hypocrites here. They act what they are not. Welcome to naija. You should now know that we Nigerians are very much talented. Talent wa yapa ni

Em btw, i never knew there are human cat fishes. I only know of Clarias gariepinus and Heterobranchus bidorsalis.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: Hope say no be Lalaosky o?grin

Oboy NL no go kill person o.

I know many people who pm me but get no replies will conclude me a snub but I know what I'm avoiding, most of the people here are very fake.

Well, I happen to have met a few nairalanders and have no regrets so far, you just have to be very careful on here.

OP your story funny sha grin grin grin.

what r u implying, does he in any way look like a meat seller?,grin

all dese girls sef
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by AZeD1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
iyatrustee:

Yes! They are now my customers. Their meat dey fresh die and dier scale is correct tongue tongue tongue
Confirm
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by ikekings(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hahahahahahaha... Wonders shall never end... Meat seller ni? 37yrs old ni? grin grin grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
A-ZeD:

Madam how far?
Oga sir I dey as you leave me o, how's it going?
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by iyatrustee(f): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: Are you minding Iya?

She's joking o, 190 is a bar boy in Edo state, Xynerise dey sell something for one supermarket for Lag.cheesy

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by freecocoa(f): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
masterpiecer:

what r u implying, does he in any way look like a meat seller?,grin

all dese girls sef
See me see trouble o.

My lala know say na joke I dey o grin.
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
I also want to meet a meatseller grin
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by Theloveth(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sitex: For those who care to knw...I'm the meat seller question
Am tired of living a fake life so am out nw on nairaland as a renown MEAT SELLER.
How many of you nairaland gals gbadu me nw None am guessin
so you see why i had to project a false image of myself rght!
Life of unequal opportunities... *mtcheeeew*
U joking right? Pls dont let me mark ur face
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
freecocoa: Are you minding Iya?

y u come dey xpose all dese guys like dis naa?, stop it b4 i stop u angry
Re: Are There Catfish On Nairaland? by masterpiecer(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I also want to meet a meatseller grin

meet me, i sell bush meat grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21)

Ladies, How Much Love Do You Have / 5 Things To Do For You To Know If He Deserves You Or Not - Bamisepeter's Blog / Can One Be In Love With Two People At The Same Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.