Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT (2722 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / I End My Relationship With My Boyfrnd Cos Of Sex! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by nwachineke00: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hey guys, I met some guy 6 months ago while on official duty.... when we met he was all over me (yeah I know, they're all like that) asked me out and 2 months later proposed unconsciously. At the time, I said no cos I knew he was just talking gibberish as a result of the spur of the moment. We live in diff towns & it hasn't been easy keeping in touch and all...

The first time I visited, he introduced me to all his friends as his "wife"... whenever we talked he always chipped in "when we marry" - 5 months down the line he's changed!

He started by saying how his career (crap!!!) is important bla bla bla. Pretends to be busy (even when I can view his jobless activities on Facebook & Twitter), makes flimsy excuses and now refers to me as his friend etc.

During my last visit, I went through his phone and discovered a number he had been communicating with constantly, checked his sent messages and found some implicating msgs to these same number... I haven't confronted him & don't intend to becos I think it's childish, I plan to pretend like all is well and slowly withdraw.

What do you guys think? I'm I being paranoid? should I give him a chance to explain or just walk away....?
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by xynerise: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
From your story, you know exactly how the relationship will look like. You definitely know what to do next.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by ITbomb(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
If you still luv his banging , stay.
apart from that move on

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by UjSizzle(f): 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
It's obvious he wants u to take a hike. Do yourself a favour n break up with him before he decides to do it himself officially.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by seunfly: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
My sister you are not paranoid, atleast his words and action was what makes you to give him that chance u gave him, so if the action and words are contrary you have the right to think twice. If you see any thing that require explanation i don't see any reason not to ask and pretend it never occur because this is the time that two of you need to open up, talk and decide which way for both of you. I see no reason for building case against someone without expecting him to know and defend himself.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
you heard UJ_Sizzle.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Toktee(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
As a guy i warn you to take a walk,falure to take a walk,you will surely come seeking consolation here when he iz through with your kombi,first of all he propose so that ur legs will open widder,a word is enuf 4 the wise
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by davroca16(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
You already have a solution. Don't let him dump you first. yÓu can simply withdraw just like you U said. If he still love and want to be with you, he is going to come back for yÒu. Else the more yÒu become dominative over him, it may generate hatred from him............I don't see women as a wise entity- but I think from ur post, urv made the difference.....(Remain wise)
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by aadetoyin(f): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
He was once all over you but now he is using his job as an excuse. Truth of the day is HE IS NOT INTO U ANYMORE so move on. If u confront him just be ready to cry because u'll have to explain why u were checkin his fone in the first place.
And if he is good at blaming people then u re in wahala so save urself all the stress and withdraw from the relationship, if he truly cares he'll do everything to get u back.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by greedie1(f): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
op, u don't really need our advices, u know wat to do already....walk away, slowly withdraw.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by kokoye(m): 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Why were you going thru his phone ..does he go thru you phone looking for trouble?

smh @ the responses...mostly females of course..damn emotional freaks.

Why dont you nicely ask him if anything is bothering him? He might be having some issues at work for all you know..or it could be something else.

Try to be his girlfriend for once and try to talk to him before coming to baseless conslusions..he may genuinely need help.

Instead of being a diva.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by olumaxi(m): 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dont walk away..rather,RUN AWAY..dont start d newyr wit an hrtbrk
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by KateSpade(f): 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
it seems like he has already walked away.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
**singing** "am walking away from d troubles in my life''
**advice* find a bera place!!!

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Adaeze003(f): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
xynerise: From your story, you know exactly how the relationship will look like. You definitely know what to do next.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by dapsy4u2(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2013
Typical after tasting the pudding. Girl pls walk out before you're shown the door.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by greatgod2012(f): 4:46am On Jan 18, 2013
You are already suspicious of him......d last time i checked, suspicion dont make relationsips work, there is nothing he can do that you will not suspect him, which is even bad for your health.......so for your health's sake, quit d relatinship, if you are meant to be together, fate will magnet each of you together again, but for now.......QUIT!
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Mynd44: 6:05am On Jan 18, 2013
Smh. Does anyone need to tell you to quit the relationship lady. Walk away but if you like how he treats you, stay. A lot of people don't actually mind and would rather stay with the partner that are bad for them anyway
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by topsco(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2013
Checking thru his phone means u dont trust him,and a relationship can never b build on a thin of suspicion.
Advice...i cant say u should quit,but i wish u take the walk .
Check dis https://www.nairaland.com/1166242/please-advice-me
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by cindyrella(f): 10:46am On Jan 18, 2013
Going through his phone was a wrong move.
Walk away before it's too late.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Mynd44: 11:09am On Jan 18, 2013
^^^
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by stuffs4me(m): 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
nwachineke00: Hey guys, I met some guy 6 months ago while on official duty.... when we met he was all over me (yeah I know, they're all like that) asked me out and 2 months later proposed unconsciously. At the time, I said no cos I knew he was just talking gibberish as a result of the spur of the moment. We live in diff towns & it hasn't been easy keeping in touch and all...

The first time I visited, he introduced me to all his friends as his "wife"... whenever we talked he always chipped in "when we marry" - 5 months down the line he's changed!

He started by saying how his career (crap!!!) is important bla bla bla. Pretends to be busy (even when I can view his jobless activities on Facebook & Twitter), makes flimsy excuses and now refers to me as his friend etc.

During my last visit, I went through his phone and discovered a number he had been communicating with constantly, checked his sent messages and found some implicating msgs to these same number... I haven't confronted him & don't intend to becos I think it's childish, I plan to pretend like all is well and slowly withdraw.

What do you guys think? I'm I being paranoid? should I give him a chance to explain or just walk away....?

Maybe you didn't give him a reason to build his world around you and now he's found himself a backup. Don't confront him, rather talk it over with him (that's what adults do) and if you are not Ok with his response, you may walk..

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by 2kurupt(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
It's amazing how gals still fall for that 'I will marry you' line.. Love @ first sight can be pardoned but I'll marry you after just less than 3months of dating? C'mon!!
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by stpat1(m): 4:31am On Jan 19, 2013
Its like Nairaland is making it difficult for people to take decisions on issues nowadays. Do you need anyone to tell you what to do in this case
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2013
I have only 1 question for you. Has he chopped you yet?
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by ITbomb(m): 8:18am On Jan 19, 2013
stpat1: Its like Nairaland is making it difficult for people to take decisions on issues nowadays. Do you need anyone to tell you what to do in this case
People always have problems with no one to talk to so Nairaland gives the avenue.
Remember for some people , just to mentioned the problem to someone they instantaneously feel satisfied
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by drnoel: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
nwachineke00: Hey guys, I met some guy 6 months ago while on official duty.... when we met he was all over me (yeah I know, they're all like that) asked me out and 2 months later proposed unconsciously. At the time, I said no cos I knew he was just talking gibberish as a result of the spur of the moment. We live in diff towns & it hasn't been easy keeping in touch and all...

Its the same old thing, the same old story. When will our Nigerian sisters learn. I posted s thread like this some months back. Link: https://www.nairaland.com/1102766/some-nigerian-men-popular-marry
Look its plain as black and white. He saw the ass he wanted, he probably got hard from just looking at u. He felt he could nyash u if he tried and so he tried. He spoke to u and u were not forth coming so he played his trump card "I will marry u". It worked like magic cos u actually started listening, even if u didn't believe him then but u started listening (men smell that from afar). He introduces u to his friends and family as his wife, u blossom in the attention and euphoria (i have seen it work on women like drugs). All this while u have been keeping it zipped-up and probably have not allowed him first base. U let ur guards down 4 the first time cos of all the attention (men also smell this from a mile away). The preditor that he is sees this and he moves in for the kill. He makes his more that day or the day after and u don't resist like b4 or u resist but not fully so he breaks down ur walls and nyashes u wella. From then on, na nyashing gallor all day and night till he has his fill. Ofcourse he looses interest and looks for the next lady he can confuse. Its no scrupple 4 him that he proposed to u cos he neva meant it. He only wanted ur ass, whats btw ur thigh and he has had it, so he moves away....its the same old thing, the same old story but our Nigerian sisters would neva learn.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Jaypumpin85: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ar u a learner *olamide‘s voice*
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
gree-die:
op, u don't really need our advices, u know wat to do already....walk away, slowly withdraw.
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
QUIT! simple
Re: HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT by chikeorji123(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Op..u are not mature to go into relationship for all l know..ok at initial stage when he's coming to u, and u see him as unserious fellow,a scavenger right? then decided to flow with him by laughing with ur teeth not from ur heart.To comfirmed ur over watch nigeria movies,l too smart attitude,and try & lock syndrom... with 'No Love' then it's lead you to check his phone,facebook and twitter acc..so what did u discovered? u tag him as jobless,nonentity and coward who have someone else abi?..

Note:From onset you don't believe anything good will come out from this relationship and now God have grant ur request u rush down here to ask us for comfirmation of ur unbelieved?..*laugh*.
Since we have not hear from the other party ur post deserve to be CROSS-CHECK!..*no offence*.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Wants A God Fearing Man For Marriage Asap (photo) / Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 / GUY CODE: Why Every Single Guy Should Have Multiple Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.