Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:41 PM

Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" (1411 Views)

Picture Of Mallam Nasir Elrufai When He Was A Lecturer / Tambuwal, El-rufai Are Expired Politicians –PDP / Quit Presidential Race Now! You Are Expired El Rufai Tells Ibb And Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by hubreality(m): 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
One may tend to ask: What has happened in recent days with supposed leaders not being men of their respective words?

"Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has asked former military rulers, Generals Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB) and Muhammadu Buhari, to quit the 2011 presidential race.

Speaking with Daily Sun in Abuja at the Leadership independence conference organized by the Leadership Newspaper on Nigeria at 50, El-Rufai canvassed the enthronement of a new generation of leaders.

“I have great respect for President Babangida. I think he has done a lot for Nigeria. You won’t take that from him. He has made his mistakes like every human being, but people like President Babangida and General Buhari should just disappear. They should give way to a new set of people with new ideas. Young people preferably,” El-Rufai said.

El-Rufai said the whole world is now being ruled by young people and wondered why old blood should continue to rule Nigeria. “Obama is 48 and Cameron is 43 for God’s sake. So, why are we recycling leaders that ruled this country very well or very badly 25 years ago?,” he queried.

El-Rufai said: “I was 25 years old when Buhari and Babangida were Heads of State and I am now 50 and they still want to be Head of State. I don’t understand that. I don’t understand that at all and I call on the young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure that in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders."

Source: http://www.naijapundit.com/news/elrufai-s-2010-advice-to-buhari-you-are-expired-go-and-retire

Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
It is very SHAMEFUL that persons who claim to have integrity cannot pass the SIMPLEST test of integrity- which is to stand by the words of their mouth.

Buhari who said he will not contest elections again is now gearing up for another electoral contest. Buhari said he will not challenge the 2011 presidential election results in court but we later saw him in court.

El Rufai made all the comments above but is presently the number one supporter of Buhari for president.

If these persons claiming to be upright and to have integrity cannot pass the simplest integrity test, then how can they pass bigger integrity test of presiding over sharing of hundreds of billions of naira in Aso Rock?

The Holy Bible made it clear that for those who are unfaithful in little things, even the little they have will be taken away from them. It is completely SENSELESS and insane to think that those who have been unfaithful or showed lack of integrity in little things will suddenly demonstrate integrity in managing of huge national resources.

Some mischief makers claim GEJ said he would not re-contest in 2015. I CHALLENGE them to give us direct quote or video evidence where GEJ said such. I'v searched and searched and nothing of such exist, except in the figment of some persons imagination

Below is a quote from one of the harshest critics of GEJ during an interview:

"I supported IBB because I felt he was a better candidate, but when he lost, I was duty bound as a party-man to support Jonathan.

But then, before supporting him, I wanted to take something to my people who were agitating for a northern president.
That is the fact because, after the death of Umaru (Yar-Adua), our people felt that the presidency should remain in the north to compensate for the death of Umaru. I was one of those who believed in that arrangement too.

But we have a constitution in the party which has been jettisoned by the president because his coming in altered the constitution. He has redefined zoning. So, once he picked the ticket, I had no alternative than to support him, within my limits because I knew my people were not in support.

.....So, in order to take something to our people, I asked the president, “can we have his words that in 2015, he will not run?” To be fair to Jonathan, he did not answer the question. But I can remember some people went ahead and issued a communique that President Jonathan was going to do only one term"

http://desertherald./2012/04/17/jonathan-did-not-promise-northern-leaders-he-will-not-contest-sen-kanti-bello/
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by takedat(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is very SHAMEFUL that persons who claim to have integrity cannot pass the SIMPLEST test of integrity- which is to stand by the words of their mouth.

Buhari who said he will not contest elections again is now gearing up for another electoral contest. Buhari said he will not challenge the 2011 presidential election results in court but we later saw him in court.

El Rufai made all the comments above but is presently the number one supporter of Buhari for president.

If these persons claiming to be upright and to have integrity cannot pass the simplest integrity test, then how can they pass bigger integrity test of presiding over sharing of hundreds of billions of naira in Aso Rock?

Some mischief makers claim GEJ said he would not re-contest in 2015. I challenge them to give us direct quote or video where GEJ said such. I'v searched and searched and nothing of such exist, except in the figment of some persons imagination

Below is a quote from one of the harshest critics of GEJ during an interview:

"I supported IBB because I felt he was a better candidate, but when he lost, I was duty bound as a party-man to support Jonathan.

But then, before supporting him, I wanted to take something to my people who were agitating for a northern president.
That is the fact because, after the death of Umaru (Yar-Adua), our people felt that the presidency should remain in the north to compensate for the death of Umaru. I was one of those who believed in that arrangement too.

But we have a constitution in the party which has been jettisoned by the president because his coming in altered the constitution. He has redefined zoning. So, once he picked the ticket, I had no alternative than to support him, within my limits because I knew my people were not in support.

.....So, in order to take something to our people, I asked the president, “can we have his words that in 2015, he will not run?” To be fair to Jonathan, he did not answer the question. But I can remember some people went ahead and issued a communique that President Jonathan was going to do only one term"

http://desertherald./2012/04/17/jonathan-did-not-promise-northern-leaders-he-will-not-contest-sen-kanti-bello/
Away with all the balderdash you wrote. You keep quoting from junk sites including that of a paid tweeter, trash talking tool in the name of O'Mockery's naijapundits and you expect us to take you serious. Only a brown-noser like you would deny Ohaneze N'digbo's claim that GEJ promised to run for a single term and some northern elites also said the same.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-outrage-over-jonathans-perceived-ambition/

While I have nothing against his running for another term in office but if Buhari lacks integrity so does GEJ.
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
take dat: Away with all the balderdash you wrote. You keep quoting from junk sites including that of a paid tweeter, trash talking tool in the name of O'Mockery's naijapundits and you expect us to take you serious. Only a brown-noser like would deny Ohaneze N'digbo's claim that GEJ promised to run for a single term and some northern elites also said the same.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-outrage-over-jonathans-perceived-ambition/

While I have nothing against his running for another term in office but if Buhari lacks integrity so does GEJ.
Show us a direct quote (from GEJ's mouth) not hearsay or speculations. That of El Rufai and Buhari were direct quotes (from their mouth) with video evidence in the case of Buhari.

By the way, what you called paid thrash is an interview of Senator Kanti Bello. What do you call Premium Times? Is it not El Rufai's handbag?

1 Like

Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by takedat(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Show us a direct quote (from GEJ's mouth) not hearsay or speculations. That of El Rufai and Buhari were direct quotes (from their mouth) with video evidence in the case of Buhari.
Post a video evidence where El-Rufai said Buhari was not electable and not "a purported to have said" article sponsored by Omokri. If you didn't have comprehension problem, you will know that there is a difference between "I May" and "I Will" in the case of Buhari's latest pronouncement. GEJ has been known to be a schemer and an hypocrite, the groups that claimed he promised to handover power in a confidential agreement with them couldn't have fabricated it.
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by shiftbutton: 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
Its a simple case of taking a different perspertive.

Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
take dat: Post a video evidence where El-Rufai said Buhari was not electable and not "a purported to have said" article sponsored by Omokri. If you didn't have comprehension problem, you will know that there is a difference between "I May" and "I Will" in the case of Buhari's latest pronouncement. GEJ has been known to be a schemer and an hypocrite, the groups that claimed he promised to handover power in a confidential agreement with them couldn't have fabricated it.
El Rufai spoke to Daily Sun and it was widely reported. Daily Sun is a print news media organisation so you dont expect any video from them. But that of Buhari is both on print and video. Facts!

1 Like

Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
shiftbutton: Its a simple case of taking a different perspertive.
It can never be taking "different perspective". This is a case of 360 degrees turn or dog eating its own vomit
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by takedat(m): 12:00am On Jan 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
El Rufai spoke to Daily Sun and it was widely reported. Daily Sun is a print news media organisation so you dont expect any video from them. But that of Buhari is both on print and video. Facts!
The article does not look like he was interviewed. its more of a lecture and if its truly so, there should be at least a video footage to make your claims credible. Didn't Abati lied on Buhari before pleading for settlement when the truth was brought to the open? Omokri and his goons are masters at smearing others for a living! I'll give you a benefit of doubt if you can extract this article from Daily Sun's site.
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2013
take dat: The article does not look like he was interviewed. its more of a lecture and if its truly so, there should be at least a video footage to make your claims credible. Didn't Abati lied on Buhari before pleading for settlement when the truth was brought to the open? Omokri and his goons are masters at smearing others for a living! I'll give you a benefit of doubt if you can extract this article from Daily Sun's site.
I cant locate it for now. But i'll do more search later. All I know is that it was widely reported and even Abati has used it once to attack El Rufai. El Rufai on
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by takedat(m): 12:42am On Jan 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I cant locate it for now. But i'll do more search later. All I know is that it was widely reported and even Abati has used it once to attack El Rufai. El Rufai on
Well I am patiently waiting. It was also widely reported that Ribadu accused Jonathan of corruption in his days as Bayelsa Governor. I don't give credence to idle reportage!
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by hubreality(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some would also ask Nigerians to show them in video when Gen Buhari(rtd) said he'll not go to tribunal or contest elections again in Nigeria. Old men, supposed leaders who are very unstable as water with their words(corruption is not only when public monies are stolen, here's a typical example of corruption). 2015 presidential election will also elude both of them kia kia.
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by Wendyslim(f): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2013
To be candid he is too old, we need young people to rule the country cos their sense of reasoning is too low. But sha come to think of it our young able president can not deliver.its so sad ( one day one day e go better) undecided undecided
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by MurphyT1: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
El rufai adviced Buhari to retire yet he is projecting him as the candidate for 2015 when he realised Buhari was his only hope to remain relevant, such happenings only enlightens Nigerians on the kind of politician El rufai is, never to be trusted.
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by abacus(m): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wendyslim: To be candid he is too old, we need young people to rule the country cos their sense of reasoning is too low. But sha come to think of it our young able president can not deliver.its so sad ( one day one day e go better) undecided undecided

Show me your young man GEJ's scorecard!
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by abacus(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Murphy T: El rufai adviced Buhari to retire yet he is projecting him as the candidate for 2015 when he realised Buhari was his only hope to remain relevant, such happenings only enlightens Nigerians on the kind of politician El rufai is, never to be trusted.
Point of correction.. When he ElRufai realized that BUHARI is the only trustworthy among them. I will sing a new song too. It's just a case of the TRUTH u know and practice will SET you FREE .
Re: Mallam Nasir Elrufai's 2010 Advice To Buhari "You Are Expired, Go And Retire" by hubreality(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
abacus:
Point of correction.. When he ElRufai realized that BUHARI is the only trustworthy among them. I will sing a new song too. It's just a case of the TRUTH u know and practice will SET you FREE .
Trustworthiness of a man ought to start from keeping his words and promises. And refrain from saying what he never meant to do or taken as a sure word of him.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina Assembly Approves Breakout Of Karaduwa / Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? / Aguleri Issued 7 Days War Ultimatum To Kogi And FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.