Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (17603 Views)

BREAKING: Corpers Are To Report To Their LG For Headcount Nationwide / NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp / NYSC To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by TheEnforcer: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
Absolutely appalling
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
ronnyfam: That is the reason why most organisations do an aptitute test before they employ,I see them a lot in the banking industry,when you see a customers walk into your banking hall and they can't write a simple letter on their request,its been a long time that I know their is a problem in this country,we see it all around us,from the top to the bottom,see our so call senators and Governors.
I had a friend from the north that lives in spain and his people called him to come and join politics ,I asked him what qualification he had,his response was you this we are like you westerner that have all the certificates before getting to the top,he told me they are here to rule,imagine. Shame
We also have to investigate you on how you got the banking job.Your syntatic construction is poor.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by stupor(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
HIV1: The truth is that Nigeria is an English speaking country. If you are not confident of the way you express yourself outside you will not be reckoned with. Aside good written and spoken English, you need to be knowledgeable in your area of endeavour before you can be called a qualified graduate. After all the certificate you obtained means you possess minimum requirement for you to perform as a graduate and if that certificate is not obtained through dubious means then the question of spoken and written English need not come up at all. I am not an English graduate but a graduate of science and that doesn't mean one should not give acceptable means of communication due recognition. I also oppose the statement that a Poly. graduate cannot be a good speaker or writer. All you need is self development.If you are born from well off family and you attend a good nursery and primary school ,it is a privilege. I am an Ajepako and I attended bad public primary and secondary school and both my parents don't have western education . cool

Guy you correct !

I have stòpped to tell people that I did a little bit of public school and at times just hate it when some recruiters get amazed about my level of high intelligence because I also did a bit of Polytechnic.

I have many Poly and Uni grads as friends that cannot write a tense and they get more job offers than I do but they either fail the tests and interviews woefully or they just couldn't keep the job because of the lack of. Their basic knowledge and foundation.

It is just your personality and it has nothing to do with which school you attended.

Ask thorough-bred counsellors and they'll tell you that.

Its a shame !
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by chux4liv(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
@jerie... If u like carry red biro and start marking every puntuation, he no concern me I'm not an English scholar.... But if u no say u sabi book, carry ur peanut brain come if i no go use mathematics take determine ur family linage ...... Prof. F9 in english language
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Rimbaldi: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
chingyjant:
We also have to investigate you on how you got the banking job.Your syntatic construction is poor.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Tolded him to spoken it well!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
I used to hear that some nigerians graduates were not employable, before I went for national service. But I didn't practically understand that statement then, not until I served the nation via NYSC
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Education is too expenses in nigeria
Education in Nigeria especially higher institutions are among the cheapest worldwide.If Nigerian Universities are expensive then try schools in the UK,Canada and the US.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Rimbaldi: 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
chux4liv: @jerie... If u like carry red biro and start marking every puntuation, he no concern me I'm not an English scholar.... But if u no say u sabi book, carry ur peanut brain come if i no go use mathematics take determine ur family linage ...... Prof. F9 in english language

Education is about the total package, not only about formulas and theories. Somehow, you gotta express those ideas, and that is where English comes in! What use are your theories and derivations if you can not communicate them effectively to the ordinary man?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
I met a graduate who didn't know how to send text message on his phone. His ability to command english language orally & in writing is so horrible.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by chux4liv(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
@Rimbaldi.... I comprehend what u typed. Ur environment determines everything. An average nigerian speaks at least two languages... How can u be effective in English language when u are not being taught by native speaker or speak it as a dialect ? Provided my message is conveyed, I dont care if my tenses are well structured or not.... Americans who are native speaker have murder the so called language wayback
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Localtrouble: 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
muktar mtt: Alla doz ppl dat have bien catch dey all from south nd west dispite d low level of education in d norht u never find dis of graduate never, nd take a look UDUSOK versity in sokoto danfodio university many southerners call it islamic versity nd it rank d beast in producing medical doctors in d country nd vet medic u cn google it in NUC site, wen here Anyting nort. U go jst dey here dem. Run dere mouth shame on u all
Ye!! Mogbge!! Headache haff cash me. 'It rank the beast' 'when here anyting nort' this one na abbreviations or typo errors bikonu.Mai-Nama, abeg you!!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Localtrouble: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
J12:
Now you're talking. I guess he graduated with a "third class" too.
You'll be shocked to find out he graduated with a 2.1 or 2.2!! Most of the 3rd class graduates are the best. Ask some of these multinational companies..especially in enginneering! The ones with porsche degrees don't know Zilch because they "dagboed" and payed their way through the University!!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Rimbaldi: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
stupor:

Oh mother Africa ! Where at thou !

Internet Police please help confiscate that moblie device from this Offender,he is causing traffic and a big calamity !

He has woken up my 2months Old niece ! She is still crying na !

Please hellllllllllllllllllllllllllp !

(2 month old)
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
Localtrouble:
You'll be shocked to find out he graduated with a 2.1 or 2.2!! Most of the 3rd class graduates are the best. Ask some of these multinational companies..especially in enginneering! The ones with porsche degrees don't know Zilch because they "dagboed" and payed their way through the University!!

You say wetin? ? ?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by DonaldGenes(m): 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
DonHummer: schools are threatening to report nysc camps with deficient facilities....
lmao till I faint!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by DonaldGenes(m): 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
pro01:

You say wetin? ? ?
Pro1 where have you been of late?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Rimbaldi: 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
muktar mtt: Alla doz ppl dat have bien catch dey all from south nd west dispite d low level of education in d norht u never find dis of graduate never, nd take a look UDUSOK versity in sokoto danfodio university many southerners call it islamic versity nd it rank d beast in producing medical doctors in d country nd vet medic u cn google it in NUC site, wen here Anyting nort. U go jst dey here dem. Run dere mouth shame on u all

This is MURDER!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghh! UDOSOK, heyah! I cant even allow any doctor from there to treat me with the small 'exhibition' I've seen from you. Kai!!! Did you sleep your way through primary/secondary school? Abi na turenchi dem take teach una?
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by DonaldGenes(m): 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Localtrouble:
Ye!! Mogbge!! Headache haff cash me. 'It rank the beast' 'when here anyting nort' this one na abbreviations or typo errors bikonu.Mai-Nama, abeg you!!
Haahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Cheiiiiiiiii english don suffer for this life
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Tmany(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
AK 48:
No,an engineering student who cannot teach futhermaths,physics or pure maths to ss1,ss2,or ss3 is also deficient,even if he/she speaks and write like the queen.

Above all,every graduate should be able to speak fair english even if u read yoruba or maths.
Am currently serving in Edo state and teaching jss3 and ss1 maths been unable to teach does not make a graduate deficient.
Not all graduate are trained to be teachers.
@topic
I think somethings have to changed at the foundation (primary and secondary ) cause truthfully high number of graduates can not communicate properly in english and the problem is from foundation.
I will implore NYSC to stop posting graduates, who don't have any form of training in teaching (teaching practise) to teach in primary and secondary schools.
Imagine a case where a corper that studied zoology is teaching chemistry ss1, ss2, ss3 without any supervision and universities don't train people to become teachers except those in faculty of education or college of education .
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 20, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes:
Pro1 where have you been of late?

Mr. Genes, I dey kampe. . .been around, doing the usual. I should ask you where you've been.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by surveycash(m): 1:11am On Jan 20, 2013

NYSC Director-General, you don't need to list them..By their fruits we shall know them..

My people, I've seen a corp member who could not even take pry 1 class. I couldn't help but investigated the school she finished from...Since that day, I don't place products from that place highly..
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by toygod2: 5:17am On Jan 20, 2013
Fine idea
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by yungdamaz(m): 6:18am On Jan 20, 2013
Deficient graduates!!unqualified graduates!!....waz d vice chancellor of their institutn blindfolded wen awarding them d certificates?,..go ahead nd expose them NYSC...
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by beatricewebb: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2013
you cannot find one student in maulag who cannot speak common english!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2013
CrazyMan:
So how the hell were they able to graduate in the first place?

Who wrote their projects for them?

Who supervised them?

What language did they use when they defended it?

If a graduate of a higher institution cannot communicate in English, then I feel that institution shouldn't be allowed to exist.

I mean how would you graduate a stark illiterate who would go out and make a mockery of your institution...it makes no sense.

The NYSC boss should report those school...

Strong point you have there!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by kheart(m): 9:30am On Jan 20, 2013
Me no care, me go marry a millionaire.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by dom(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2013
truth is that English language is taught and learnt at the primary and secondary school levels and not the universities. Universities had to introduce General Studies Courses in the 90s when it was discovered that students coming in were sadly very deficient in English and its practical use. But its not possible to learn in one semester what you couldn't learn it in 12yrs of primary and secondary education.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by XavierSmiley: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gratia: This is absolutely correct! it is disheartening to know that I have one here as a fellow corper,what a shame!

You're right. I had one as a fellow corper when I served 2 years back. The sad thing's she's a "she"...quite beautiful but can hardly express herself in proper spoken English Language without bursting into fluent pidgin. Worse still, SHE'S A GRADUATE OF MASS COMMUNICATION!!! Because of her qualifications, she was deployed to teach ENGLISH LANGUAGE in a Senior Secondary School (SSS3, to be precise), to tutor them for their forth-coming WAEC exams!!!

You walk into her classroom only find wrongly-spelt words on the blackboard, while she teaches English Language in Pidgin English. So pathetic indeed!!!

And she did this all through her service year since the principal of the school wasn't even literate enough to detect her errors. Only God knows how the performance of her students turned out to be in the WAEC exams for that year!
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Ellylace(f): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! shocked *faints* *Recovers..reads other similar posts..faints again*
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by ignis: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
If all the posts and comments I have read here are written by graduates, then Nigeria is in a sorry state.
I don't know whether to cry or to laugh, but the fact remains that 'it is no longer funny'.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
God help us. "struggling to be the best among the worst" english scholars i grit una. (I TKs) zenith bank manager(river state) was complaining last year dat he iz xo suprise dat a nigeria graduate cant solve simple arithmetic. Nigeria educational system is totally dead, we should stop acting as if any of us is safe or english language is d only problem. NO BODY HOLY PASS. 4 those of u correctin or criticizing comments, i salute una. Over sabis, na know-know dey worry una, nigeria need u, go n teach in primary school. For those callin names of schools, i clap 4 una, na ur school gud pass. Grammarians i raise my two hands and 2 legs 4 una, bt no 4get say na where ur own end other people own start. Am not ashamed to say it, i grew up in WARRI, ehnerehn junction 4 dat matter, d center of broken english in d world. We hav dis problem of poor vocabulary structures and syntax, especially those of us dat went to public schools like UROHBO COLLEGE. bt dat does nt mean we ar deficient as graduate. In as much u schooled in nigeria stop condemning nigeria graduates or students cos u ar nt better. U ar just a blind man claiming to hav an eye in the present of his kind (pot calling kettle black). WE ARE ALL DEFICIENT IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
Re: NYSC Threatens To Report Schools With Deficient Graduates by Chigorkizz(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
angelajuni: Ahhh....IMT,ESUTH,EBSU tke note
where do u kip schs in d north where mallams cnt even converse in pidgin english?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Anthem :download And Lyrics / How To Get To Nasarawa Nysc Camp / Top 10 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.