Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,110 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School (18914 Views)

Five Practical Ways To Help A Child Who Doesn’t Like Going To School / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by dearfriend: 8:57am On Jan 18, 2013
i need some ideas, mine just started school.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by greatgod2012(f): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2013
As for me, i pack food, inside foodflask, water, inside waterbottle, biscuits and caprisone juicedrink or sometimes bobo drink. Sometimes, when its cold, i add hot tea.
May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by dearfriend: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2013
[quote
author=greatgod2012]As for me, i pack food, inside foodflask, water,
inside waterbottle, biscuits and caprisone juicedrink or sometimes bobo
drink. Sometimes, when its cold, i add hot tea.
May God help us all.[/quote]

thanks but i need to know what kinds of food, mine they are more on cereal little solid.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by greatgod2012(f): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013
Most times its either jollof rice or noodles and occassionally bread and fried egg, but d day i pack bread and egg, tea must to be in d pack.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by CrazyMan(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2013
greatgod2012: Most times its either jollof rice or noodles and occassionally bread and fried egg, but d day i pack bread and egg, tea must to be in d pack.
You must really love your kids.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by zayhal(f): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2013
Boiled or fried potatoes with eggs/ fruit drinks.

Fried plantain

Golden morn with milk (that's if the teacher will help mix it for the child and feed him/her)

Jollof rice/boiled eggs

Spaghetti with sauce.

All of these accompanied with drinks and snacks and/or fruits like apple, banana etc.

I wouldn't recommend noodles because of how it turns out after a few hours.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Gambrosia: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2013
Nothing oily please.
Sandwiches, fruits, noodles, hot dogs, cheese and crackers. kiss
Chocolate/vanilla/strawberry milk.
NO SODAS. . . 100% JUICES ONLY. . . NOT FROM CONCENTRATES! kiss

HOT POCKETS! kiss

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by greatgod2012(f): 10:35am On Jan 18, 2013
Double post!
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by greatgod2012(f): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2013
CrazyMan:
You must really love your kids.

yes and thanks sir, what is worth doing at all, is worth doing well, its not by force to be a mother, its a decision, and once i have decided to be a mother, i have to be a loving, lovable and responsible mother.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by CrazyMan(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2013
greatgod2012: thanks sir, what is worth doing at all, is worth doing well, its not by force to be a mother, its a decision, and once i have decided to be a mother, i have to be a loving, lovable and responsible mother.
May God help us all.
That's true...I'm sure your kids would be so proud of you.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
I usually pack food like jollof Rice, Chips and Sausage with either ketchup or b,bque sauce, beans and plantain, potatoes and egg and sometimes yam and fish sauce.
My own challenge is in the Snacks i pack, i feel guilty because they are mostly unhealthy and sugary things like biscuits, ribena, juice. I sometimes do fruits for them but then they come back home and say "everybody had Ribena in their lunch pack except me"
Please i need suggestion of healthy snacks to pack, i once read somewhere that diaebetes are now being treated in children!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wow@ jollof rice, and other supper-like foods grin... it depends on the age tho....

I pack non heated lunches( or the food will not be touched) like wraps, sandwiches( roast beef, ham, chicken, Tuna, egg salad and many more) , cheese&sliced meats &crackers stackers , pepperoni sticks and cheese sticks.... Taco salad , couscous salad... anything cold lunch sha

With

2 Juice boxes, ( one frozen to keep the lunchbag cool wink).... cookies, cereal bars, s'mores bar, fruit strings & milk & bottled water.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by anydek: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Good topic.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
hmmmm..also learning from here cos ma daughter will soon start sch
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Chongaiman: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
mrs flawless: . . .Please i need suggestion of healthy snacks to pack, i once read somewhere that diaebetes are now being treated in children!

Give them a balanced diet - Gala (carbohydrates & proteins) and La Casera (water & vitamins ).

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by fittty(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
cool Mine always carry first with this! kiss

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by fehintolly: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
White rice n stew with liver,jollof rice with titus fish n fried plantain,indomie n egg,bioled yam and egg sauce,and for snacks one gala,one cracker biscuit and one caprisome,
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
CoxyB: hmmmm..also learning from here cos ma daughter will soon start sch

take note: she will need balanced diet. that is, 1 bucket of #Garri, a cup of sugar, a bottle of groundnut and one bag of pure water,,,,,, she will love it.

you can thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Chongaiman:

Give them a balanced diet - Gala and La Casera.
can toddler's munch that hard,strong gala ? abi ur own toddler stayed in ur wife's womb 4 7years?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by yuzedo: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Beans, Egg and Palmwine with Okro Soup.... wink
He always takes first position in class........... from the back grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by agiboma(f): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
I give my son a few snacks as he gets a hot lunch at daycare, hers what he gets:

Yogert
Kool aid Jammers juice drink
various fruits, strawberries, apples, oranges, i cut them up and make a fruit salad
cookies or rice crispies squares
Bottle of milk while we drive to daycare

Thats pretty much what he gets
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Dygeasy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
@ lomarten

you know you're sick don't you?

You totally spoilt front page with the advertisement of ur blog.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
.these children dey enjoy oh during my time na 5naira for biscuit and if u want water go drink for school tap.anyway sha i tink d food should b light e.g cereals,bread,snacks like cake,donouts,buns and even coleslaw or some salad.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by gabrieli(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
For my little girl of 3.5 years old, my wife will pack noodle with boiled egg or fish/chips with fried egg/boiled yam with fried egg/rice with fish or boiled egg. others are caprizone or bobo or hollandia milk drink, biscuit and water in her water bottle. though, she is not the eating type, i have to beg her teacher to help take interest in feeding her.
It is their world, so i can`t complain, in my own time i go to school with garri and palm kernel seed , not even ground nut.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by dimcee(f): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hw wȋ̊ℓℓ U̶̲̥̅̊ gv υ̲̣̥​я̩̥̊​ kid noodles to schl,it wuld be to cold
greatgod2012: Most times its either jollof rice or noodles and occassionally bread and fried egg, but d day i pack bread and egg, tea must to be in d pack.
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by An0nimus: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
agiboma: I give my son a few snacks as he gets a hot lunch at daycare, hers what he gets:

Yogert
Kool aid Jammers juice drink
various fruits, strawberries, apples, oranges, i cut them up and make a fruit salad
cookies or rice crispies squares
Bottle of milk while we drive to daycare

Thats pretty much what he gets
Me likeysmiley
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Garri and beans, garri and beans, garri and beans
Re: What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School by dimcee(f): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
My boi eat well so he has 3 packages everyday 4 breakfast he takes either rice krispies,pronutro cereal,purity cereal,golden more,coco pop,tea ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ bread. Second rice ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ plaintain,chips ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ eggs,yam porridge ,rice ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ plaintain, plaintain ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ eggs,jollof, fried rice. Snacks drinks ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ bisciuts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Man Pens Tribute To His Wife Who Died 16 Days After She Suffered A Stillbirth / Ramat Seriki To Adopt Baby Abandoned At Secretariat Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.