Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name (515 Views)

Can One De-register A Domain Name? / Choosing a Domain Name? Factors to Consider / 'Stealing' a Domain Name (Cybersquatting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by remmyz(m): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2013
Hi guru's in d house. I just a call from my client †ђαt www.cardexpoafrica.com is not coming up. I tried to check I† on whois.com and i confirmed that I† has been registered by a japanese firm. And they have put I† up for sale on sedo.com.

My question is

Is there anybody in the house †ђαt have an account Wί†ђ‎​ sedo.com so †ђαt the person can help me bid for I†? Or does anybody knows any other way i can get I† back without going through sedo.com. Have sent series of email to gmo internet but no response. N.B i am not the one managing the website before. The company is my new client.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by mrcrome: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2013
I do have an account with Sedo.

They probably want you to make an offer.

If the name is a registered trademark you can fill a domain dispute with icann

Register for Sedo and try making an offer.
I don't think the new owner is going to let it go for free or even less than 300 - 500 $

That's why its always advisable to Renew before Expiring Date.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 18, 2013
remmyz: Hi guru's in d house. I just a call from my client †ђαt www.cardexpoafrica.com is not coming up. I tried to check I† on whois.com and i confirmed that I† has been registered by a japanese firm. And they have put I† up for sale on sedo.com.

My question is

Is there anybody in the house †ђαt have an account Wί†ђ‎​ sedo.com so †ђαt the person can help me bid for I†? Or does anybody knows any other way i can get I† back without going through sedo.com. Have sent series of email to gmo internet but no response. N.B i am not the one managing the website before. The company is my new client.
Why don't you get a new one that is very similar instead of all this hassle.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by remmyz(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2013
@mrcrome can u please help me make an offer... pls kindly send ur email add and phone number to remmyz007@gmail.com
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by rufaai(m): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
remmyz: @mrcrome can u please help me make an offer... pls kindly send ur email add and phone number to remmyz007@gmail.com

Sedo won't stop you from making an offer, why not do it yourself?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by remmyz(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
rufaai:

Sedo won't stop you from making an offer, why not do it yourself?
i have tried to register, they sent me a membership docs to sign and scna back to them. i did and am yet to get a reply. its been three days now.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
remmyz:
i have tried to register, they sent me a membership docs to sign and scna back to them. i did and am yet to get a reply. its been three days now.
@mrcrome, pls help dis guy save his job
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Domain Name by mrcrome: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
@remmyz I just sent you a pm

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Web Application Developer To Work With Me On Series Of Web Projects / Secure Connection Having Problem / Just Host Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.