Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

(Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials (4498 Views)

Man Arrested For Impersonating A Woman On Facebook (photos) / Security Guards Arrested For Impersonating Soldiers In Lagos State / Man Nabbed For Stealing Bridge Rails (Picture of suspect & materials) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by General02: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2013
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said today it has arrested two suspects, Tanimu Abubakar (also known as Ibrahim) and Mohammed Yaba, for allegedly parading themselves as officials of the Commission.

Abubakar and Yaba were picked up in Abuja on Tuesday when they showed up at the Federal Capital Territory Authority offering to assist a director of the agency to kill a petition allegedly written against him, the EFCC said in a statement. Following contact made with the commission, the suspects were arrested.

The statement described the arrests as the latest in “rising incidences” of impersonation of EFCC officials by fraudsters who use fake letterheads to write bogus invitation letters to members of the public.

“Some citizens with issues to hide have unwittingly fallen victims to these fraudsters,” the statement said. “Most victims usually do not report to the Commission and some go away with the erroneous impression that the fraudsters are bona fide officials of the EFCC.”

It implored members of the public to report any solicitation for gratification by any person claiming to be an official of the EFCC to the Commission or the nearest police station.

Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by slimming: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2013
they don enter one chance be that.

3 Likes

Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
What do u expect. They know that is what the EFCC officials also do
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by BeraBera(f): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Can you imagine? Impersonation is a very serious crime which people must desist from.
It serves them right
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by tomisinuno(m): 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
3rd to comment...smiln
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by BeraBera(f): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: What do u expect. They know that is what the EFCC officials also do
Why would officials of an agency that is supposed to fight financial criminality be offering to kill a case in exchange for money? Are they not financial criminals too? Corruption o!
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Mintayo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wow,2nd 2 comments...may God have mercy on them oo...smiles
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by EteFlexible: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
They don enter!!! Who send them..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
Corruption is killing this our nation,when wil all dis stopped?
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by executinal(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Time for EFCC to use them shine
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Bolt2011(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
Boys must survive. Beware o, 'naija guys no want carry last'
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by strangest(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
this one na local.. face to face... not yahoo +... aboki try sha, they get liver sha.. its betterthan signing up for BH
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
winkNa the suit them dey use deceive people dey them body so...
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by pappilo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
strangest: this one na local.. face to face... not yahoo +... aboki try sha, they get liver sha.. its betterthan signing up for BH

You be guyman?
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
They learnt it from somewhere
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Adanyebe(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Two responsible Naija family Men...
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by samsy5460(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=BeraBera] Can you imagine? Impersonation is a very serious crime which people must desist from.
It serves them right
[/quote
In naija?
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
BeraBera: Why would officials of an agency that is supposed to fight financial criminality be offering to kill a case in exchange for money? Are they not financial criminals too? Corruption o!
they do it. A lot of people complain about it. Did you not hear their chaiman saying over 50 % of them had been compromised? As a result they carry out checks on them. Corruption!!!
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by strangest(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
pappilo:

You be guyman?
Are you?
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Teejayphillip(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dis one's done take dia hand call trouble...

Later now,dem go talk say nah Devil work.... Shey devil nah dia papa?
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by Cultured(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
@pappilo

I will like to have private chat with you .
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by j4jj: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sometimes it baffles me sha! Must u try to cheat on someone else before u make it in life? Oga o!
Re: (Picture) Two Nabbed For Impersonating EFCC Officials by mrkels(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
I just can't stop laughing. See their SUITES cheesy
I can imagine what's going through their minds now and I quoute " God, who send me make I commot house this morning, I bin nor wan commot and my body tell me self. O God , NO!!! " grin

(1) (Reply)

Historical Photos and stories not in history books / (VIDEO) One Million Boys Members Caught Surulere Aguda Lagos / The Rise And Fall Of Derico Nwamama, Nigeria’s King Of The Underworld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.