Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father (24366 Views)

Jealous Lioness Attack Her Patner Wen She Catches Anoda Flirting With Him(photo) / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Pictures Of A Lion Cub Meeting His Father For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Most mothers have to step in when things get a bit too competitive and boisterous between father and sons, but it seems that it’s not exclusive to humans.

A lioness has been caught on camera taking a swipe at the father of their cub after a stand off between the pair.

The father hit a raw nerve when he growled fiercely at the two-month-old, causing the lioness to strike a warning blow across his face.

The cub had been sunbathing on the bed of a dried up marsh in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, when he was disturbed by his father.

Squaring up: The lion went over to his cub while it was sunbathing on a dried-up marsh

Back off: The lioness gets her punch in first when the lion moved in on the cub

Ouch: The lion recoils as it is made painfully aware to him just how far the lioness will go to protect her cub
Like Simba practising his roar in the film The Lion King, the cub snarls at his father but was shown who was boss with an even louder reply.

The mother, who had two cubs nearby, padded over to ensure things weren’t getting out of hand and struck the lion across the face.

The event was caught on camera by photographer Elliott Neep who said: ‘It was like he was telling him “Don’t snarl at me”, the mum came over and said “keep it calm” but then slapped the dad with her claws out, leaving a scratch.

‘He retaliated and slapped back but kept his claws in. It was extremely brave of her to stand up to him. At just a couple of months old, the cub still needs the protection of its mother.

‘If she had not been there the dad would have probably whacked the cub so hard it would have knocked him over.’

The 36-year-old, from Wantage, Oxfordshire, added: ‘I have been photographing lions for many years but this was the biggest I have ever seen.

‘Lions normally weigh up 450lbs and I would say this one was at least that – possibly around 500lbs.

‘He didn’t appear to have any battle marks, which is unusual for a pride male. I imagine he is so big nobody else dares fight him.

‘However, I don’t think the cub was in any real danger because it was his cub.

‘The situation ended peacefully with all the family members making up and returning to their sunbathing.’

All made up: After the lioness had the last word, all was calm again with the family

24 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
This is too precious cry cry cry

LOL @ the cub (last picture) grin
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by kandiikane(m): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
Marital wahala. cheesy

But they shouldn't have slapped each other infront of the cub. Wrong message. grin

21 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
kandiikane: Marital wahala. cheesy

But they shouldn't have slapped each other infront of the cub. Wrong message. grin

lmao grin . Look how the cub grew wings after mama slapped papa. (last picture) grin

Guess it's lion thingz.

2 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by kandiikane(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

lmao grin . Look how the cub grew wings after mama slapped papa. (last picture) grin

Guess it's lion thingz.

Lol, that's what happens nau. Even humans, once the mum defends the kid right in front of him, they get too brave. grin
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2013
This picture series is priceless!

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Mother has it all.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Motherhood is a mystery

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by TeenageMoney(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
Dem dey Loook The Lion and Lioness, Dey Snap Photo... Notin Oyinbo no go use karri una head drink Garri
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by yuzedo: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
The only thing i could notice and need answers to:

Why are the Lion's ballz so big, lumpy and scary?!

Kandiikane, any answers? undecided
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wow. cheesy
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Okijajuju1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
SHOOOOOOOO!! See what we men have to suffer even for Lion!!! angry

So Papa no fit halla for ehn pikin again!! Even Lioness don follw dey behave like Nigerian girls.. angry

If the Lion vex beat her now, all the other Lioness go start to dey shout Lioness Abuse!! Meanwhile when she been dey slap am for the front of their pikin, nobody talk o!! angry

Foolish Lioness.. Make dem reach house!! Ehn go knack her better Apkako!!

!!

36 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by merciie(f): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
yuzedo: The only thing i could notice and need answers to:

couldnt help but notice that too shocked shocked
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by erniok(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
the cub was so lucky as that was his daddy. watched a documentary the dominant lion went on a killing spree; non of the lioness could do anything as he killed all the cubs that weren't his after chasing out 2 young lions out of the pride.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by shaneroberts26: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Rubbish
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Siga: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Priceless....lol grin .... see this cub dey show off now....chai...this cub go respect hin Papa anymore.... when mama don slap papa in front of u...
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by campionichops: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Well go touch it and find out.
merciie:

couldnt help but notice that too shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by rastamouse: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wow! That explains why my wife always tell my children 'wait till your daddy come home.'

She wants to take my title with a knock-out punch when things get nasty grin

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by iamswizz(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
SO?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Decapo: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ehen ehen
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2013

The bigger the balls, the braver you are.If you gat balls go slap Naija Police. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2013

Lol, lions are known to mate close to 50 times a day - for several days. Now talk about being King of the Jungle! grin

They be '1 minute man' sha lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by elopee3000(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Them don dey praise the lioness now e dey sweet her when Lion go vex beat her like saidi balogun they beat fathia balogun all news paper go Carry am
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: SHOOOOOOOO!! See what we men have to suffer even for Lion!!! angry

So Papa no fit halla for ehn pikin again!! Even Lioness don follw dey behave like Nigerian girls.. angry

If the Lion vex beat her now, all the other Lioness go start to dey shout Lioness Abuse!! Meanwhile when she been dey slap am for the front of their pikin, nobody talk o!! angry

Foolish Lioness.. Make dem reach house!! Ehn go knack her better Apkako!!

!!

grin grin.....you never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
@yuzedo grin grin grin

@OP Very interesting. Motherhood.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Akshow: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Isè eyán ni isè eranko

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by yuzedo: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
berem: The bigger the balls, the braver you are. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I have ENORMOUS Cojones! wink I must be a warrior! grin

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Okijajuju1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Later that night at home!!

7 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by kandiikane(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2013

Lmaoo and I should know because?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by baby124: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Cute. Na wah! Even papa lion knows not to fight wifey with his claws after she used hers. The cub was obviously disrespectful, but such a little cub to a very big lion. It Would have probably killed it with one blow. The love up picture is too funny!
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by IYANGBALI: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ileke idi when would I see the ileke wey dey your yonda now?abi na juju own you put there?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by aryzgreat: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
Y are those animals roaring abi shouting as they mate? BTW how did samson tear the lions jaw with this kind scary lion am seeing here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer / Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / What Nigeria Is Losing For Killing Mountain Gorillas – Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.