Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. (542 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? / Tomorrow Is My Girl Friend's Traditional Marriage...so Confused!!! / Why Is The First Night Of Marriage So Special For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by Ozegbe(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mathew 19:10

His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry." 11 But He said to them,
" All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: 12 For there are eunuchs who were born thus from
their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made
themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it ."
In other words, if you are “able” to not get married, then Jesus actually says “it is better not to marry.”

This really shows that as a Christian marriage is really not important. Maybe that was why non of his disciples got married.

When ever I say this in the presence of my family members, I almost get crucified.

What's really your take on this marriage issue?
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by baby124: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
Good for you. We need less people unprepared and unwilling to go into marriage, getting into the institution. As long as your partner agrees and is well aware of your intentions, no harm done.
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
They also were celibate. Hope you can achieve that. Good luck.
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by greatgod2012(f): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
Its you and your life, goodluck to you!
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by Ozegbe(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
I posted this on the wrong section....can't even get one reasonable response....
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by SisiKill1: 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
baby_123: Good for you. We need less people unprepared and unwilling to go into marriage, getting into the institution. As long as your partner agrees and is well aware of your intentions, no harm done.
stillwater: They also were celibate. Hope you can achieve that. Good luck.
greatgod2012: Its you and your life, goodluck to you!

Hehehehehe cheesy cheesy

Ozegbe: I posted this on the wrong section....can't even get one reasonable response....

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Buhahaha, am I missing something, Ozegbe doesn't want to be celibate or what? grin grin grin
Re: Jesus And His Disciples Did Not Fully Support Marriage. So Am Free Not To Marry. by Gambrosia: 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
This dry 'Goshen' OP don come again? undecided
Make I just make this post to 'boost' the dry ye-ye thread!
Kpu heh Kpu heh! cheesy

Abeg, carry ya thread to for 'religious' section. kiss
Prophet Agbaje or 'SAINT GOSHEN' can fit to h-answer this ya 'stale' topic!
Shiooooooooooooooooooooor!!!

(1) (Reply)

Father Agrees To Pay Teen Daughter, $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. / Charges Dropped Against A Teen Whose Science Experiment 'bombed' School / Praising Friends Is An Excellent Way For A Shy Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.