Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? (25543 Views)

Poll: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria?

GTBank: 56% (306 votes)
Zenith bank: 8% (45 votes)
First Inland Bank: 1% (7 votes)
UBA: 3% (17 votes)
Bank PHB: 2% (13 votes)
Oceanic Bank: 5% (28 votes)
Diamond Bank: 4% (25 votes)
First Bank: 3% (19 votes)
Intercontinental Bank: 12% (66 votes)
FBS Bank: 0% (0 votes)
Access Bank: 2% (11 votes)
Bank PHB: 0% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by bjcisse: 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2008
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Zenith Bank Keee, , they are not a go area, they are the list you could give best customer friendly bank.

i think it depend on the branch you have your account thats determined customer friendly bank. i once dislike IB when i hav my account with one of their branch that the head of customer service unit was rude to me. when i transfer my account to thier lekki one branch, i experienced peace.

same thing goes to bank phb, all depend on branch,

In terms of giving you want you want and making requirement flexible, i 'll give it to Diamond bank, Bank Phb and IB could not arrange a little loan i requested for my car but diamond bank did.

as for zenith, that's where my salary account is, its no go area at all, they are only interested in corporate account. that's why you will be ask to bring from 100k-250k before a current personal account is opened. even the corporate body are getting fed up of them, my formal office has to transfer her account from zenith to PHB. even my current office too is having problem with them.

they don't give loan but they charge we that are customers heavily on transactions. me way my salary no reach me self, zenith will remove their money before me way get salary get to the account, very craz set of ppl.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jumoke5: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
i go for SPRINGBANK anyday, anytime.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Nbe: 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
believe me,GTB doesnt have a rival in terms of customer service. Iv bankd with them for quite sumtime nw and iv neva had a cause to come out frowning. smiley
Have u guys noticd Zenith sulks? They are terrible set of people in that bank. Their staffs really lack manners sad
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by seefar: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
i don't think anyone (bank)can rival GTB on customers service. They are simple special and passionate about it.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by tj2000: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
GTB all the way gba ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by sagacious(f): 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
gtbank
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by chidipupay(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2008
It is the fact you don't stay in lagos branch and vote this bank or this, Have you ever Tried DIAMOND BANK, to know a true bank is when u try their branches outside ur state. and also where they have few branches with the community. I have tried DIAMOND in Nsukka,Asaba,Owerri, and i can tell you they are very good. They treat thier customer like a king including eighteen year old adult. They will call you sir. They are the BOMB, need to visit inter in nsukka. and they will give u 10naira in ten thousand. I go 4 DIAMOND BANK
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by chikibaybi(f): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2008
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by baloo4u2(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2008
I prefer GTB to other banks,i.e zenith,and all d old generation banks FBN & UNION E.T.C. cos they are to proud and slow.GTB 4life.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by niyyie(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
GTB Rules.
Have I used any other bank in Nigeria before? NO. grin tongue
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by bababuff(m): 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
It all depends on the branch of the bank, and location.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Pinklyte: 1:01am On Mar 21, 2008
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size] For me, GUARANTY TRUST BANK all the way. Thats the best bank in Nigeria. Zenith Bank is the worst. Their shakara too much, can u imagine their slogan "In your best interest" and noo be say na dem get money pass. I hate that bank. GTB na u we know
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by 2gd: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2008
quote from Akintosho:my friend 2gd, may be your account is very small (like N200). that is y they did not treat u well. inter is very good joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@ Akintosho, Are you trying to say that people who have '200' naira should be treated with less respect than a customer with 5 billion?
Or that a '200' naira customer who was given worn and mutilated notes can only change them if he/she can bring in a fixed deposit customer for the bank?
For your info, my dear` Akintosho, a 'very good' organization treats[b] ALL[/b] customers with respect,regardless of the net worth of the customer, TAKES CUSTOMER(all customers) COMPLAINTS VERY SERIOUSLY(not with a LACKADAISICAL attitude like the guy i complained to) and apologises to the offended customer while looking for solutions to that customer's problem,and most importantly , DOES NOT TRY TO MANIPULATE THE CUSTOMER (like telling a disappointed customer that u will only listen [/b]to his/her complaints if he/she can do something that obviously benefits only u).
U urself , imagine that you go to a restaurant and order food for u and ur date; your food is brought to you and u discover that it's rotten.Imagine that u hate complaining to people and are very tolerant,but u would just like the manager/waitress to know that u were not given ur money's worth. U call the waitress/manager and what does she tell u: oHi'm so busy right now, why dont u help me pass these our flyers round lagos and bring me 40 customers [b],then
i'll be able to listen to what u have to say, WHAT Would u do? would u say it's because u bought only 200 naira worth of food that u deserve that kind of treatment(obviously the man who bought 4k worth of rotten food deserves to be treated well abi? afterall na im bring beta money come)?Or would u go into a fit and curse the people involved? Maybe u would silently pick up ur bags and leave , determined never again to step into that restaurant and then, go to warn all ur loved ones not to make the same mistake u made, patronizing the SHITTY/CRAPPY restaurant,

Just 4 ur info, my acct has more than 200 naira wink lol
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Ciaman: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2008
No comment Na GTB jo, I have been to banks and uses banks but GTB rules,
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by topkin(m): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2008
GTBank the best

Zenith the worst
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by joycexz(f): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2008
The Best is GTB and the worst of worst is UBA. they are terrible everywhere, poor customer relationship, terrible services. I ran away fro the bank b4 i go get leg problem cos i' always standing when i try to make any transaction.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by sholatech(m): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2008
GTB Bank is the Best Customer Service Delivery Bank In Nigeria?If this is true, then it means our banks have a long way to Go in Customer Service relationships. I have used GTB for 5 years now, Oceanic bank for 3 years, UBA for 7 years and First Inland Bank Plc for 3 years. I have been to all the banks for one transaction to another. GTB has a good brand and i guess that's why many people are voting for them. They experience downtimes regularly more than most other banks and it affects even their ATM transactions. They have a very funny heterogenous network. Their operations staff usually pompous and i think most customers respect them rather than like them.

I think most of us are looking only at the Top-Of-the range banks.

In terms of customer service, i think middle-range banks like Skye Bank, First Inland Bank and Bank PHB respect their customers better and their turnaround time for service delivery is faster than GTB,Intercontinental, Zenith etc.

That's my take.

I give my Vote to FirstInland Bank plc because ive used them for years and no issues as regards customer service delivery!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by tunscolo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2008
Many people say GTB. Have you tried out other banks? What about INTER? Well all the banks are almost the same. The mood at which you visit them matters, where they are situated, the number of branches they have, what they worth capital wise and so on. You are a trader, you should know the bank for you. If you are a student, you should know the bank for you.

As for me I am using 5 banks, when one bleeps me up via the ATM, i use another one. All are not the same, but you should create room for redundancy, Okay! If GTB is the best as said by you, then you should be careful cos there are some guys out there that dont want GTB to be the best or think that GTB as the best is the next place of visit.

So, it is left to you.
GTB is good and Inter is Ok.
What about that?

Thank you.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2008
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by PurestBoy(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2008
osobajay:

there's no 2ways about it, GT Bank is d baba of them all, i have account with UBA(i have abandond it with 2k balance for them, make them chop am before i get hrt attack and swollen legs ontop how much) i iuse spring bank and am only just maintaining my account with them because its close to my office(my friend calls it the alajo(thrift collector) bank, i have account with fidelity too(their staffs try to b good but the bank is so wack) i have friends that work and bank @nterconti( its only just better then the rest. but talk of GT, its too much jo, i make deposits in2 my account and before i leave d banking hall( i try greet some of them staffs that have become friends) i get an sms notifying me, i forgot my atm card in the machine and went there d next day, machine don suck am in after 10 seconds of inactivity, i requested for my statement via email and gott it same day, requested a change of email and it was done withn an hour, money transfer nko, its better than taking it there yourself, anyways am surprised sha. what do you expect from a bank that spends over a million to train prospective staff and after training if them no pass exam they wont be employed, a million to train without guaranty of employment, no wonder their staffers are more than happy to be there for customers,
i dey my house dey move money from account to account clients dey abroad dey transfer money to me from gt to gt as if na draft we dey play, na wao, banking has never in this country be so good,
LEAVE IT, ITS GT ALL DA WAY MEEEN!

Hmmm, Na u be chairman ooo
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Danoe(m): 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2008
I want to say that customer friendly has to do with courtecy, manner of approach and service update.

Among all this Banks with my little experience with this Banks within my location. GT Bank is the only Bank with proper update and customer friendly service.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by chidipupay(m): 4:55am On Mar 25, 2008
Stop saying GT, fine and nice they are good no doubt about dat. But have u tried other banks like Diamond, Access, and the rest of them. You talk about their gatemen also and their staffs, How do they treat you. And also you talk about their branches outside lagos. I have been 2 oceanic. dat bank no dey try at all. I bank with UBA. there is no day you go to UBA and come out with a smile, I have been to Unionbank dat na 1881 banking system dem dey use. What about first bank. dat one na flirt Bank. then BankPHB their advert is far more than what they offer. Intercontinetal haba come nsukka make u see as them they give people 10naira note. but to me i think Diamond is good and also GT, Zenith,Unity,Afribank,Wema,Spring bank all this banks na rubbish make all marge form ZUAWS BANK
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by spicy007(f): 9:48am On Mar 25, 2008
for me its GTBank all the way, in terms of customer service. its the only bank i've seen so far in naija that allows you take calls in the banking hall, without having to feel you r trying to rob the bank.

in terms of wowority, its either Skye Bank or sterling Bank.

for me, i vote for GeeTee, anytime
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by angelq(f): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2008
Why in Gods Name is everyone castigating Zenith Bank of all Banks. Well for me i happened to be dealing with the likes of Access, Zenith & Spring Bank but so far Zenith has treated me very well and i see no reason why anyone should rate them so low.

Talking about GTB, personally ve not had any dealings with them, but copuled with what people say about them i intend opening an account with them at least to have a feel of the good Customers Friendly Services  which they render to their customers.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by muyioye(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2008
As for me and my colleagues here, GTB is and remain the Most customer friendly Bank in Naija today.

They make you feel as if you are in yr house, u receive yr calls as if there is no restrictions, you walk in and the Security man is there to direct you if yr face is not well known.
Plus all of the rest.

GTB 4 REAL!!!!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Ganj(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2008
[color=#000099][/color] tongue[size=14pt][/size] Coming TRU by LIVING THE RULES-SIMPLICITY-PROFESSIONALISM-SERVICE-FRIENDLINESS-EXCELLENCE-TRUSTWORTHINESS-SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY-INNOVATION, GTB RAPID tongue cheesy
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by smarta(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2008
[size=18pt]HAPPY CUSTOMER, HAPPY BANK

I BELONG 2 D FAMILY

INTERCONTINENTAL 4 LIFE grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by vicade(m): 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2008
GTB IS THE BEST BANK FOR ME. THEY ARE SO FRIENDLY IN ALL THEIR BRANCHES I HAVE BEEN.

UBA IS BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER FRIENDLY BANK FOLLOWED BY ZENITH BANK,IKORODU BRANCH(VERY VERY TERRIBLE)
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by stick2clem(m): 12:36am On Mar 26, 2008
LET ME GIVE IT TO GTB,THET SENT COMFIRMATION OF EVERY TRANSACTION TO YOUR PHONE WITH IMMEDIATELY EFFECT, INTERCONTINENTAL THEM BE SCAMMER,WHEN I WAS SAVING WITH THEM,I HAVE JUST 700,000NAIRA IN MY BANK ACCOUNT,THEY LEAD THEM FROZIN MY ACCOUNT,SAYING WHERE DO I GOT THE MONEY FROM,CUZ I AS ONLY A STUDENT, WATCH OUT IN THE KIND OF BANK U DEAL WITH,
AS FAR AS IM CONCERN EVERYTHING GOES TO GTB.!!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Sweetaura1(f): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2008
@ All,

This report crowns the result of this survey. GTBank is the BEST Bank in Nigeria. I'm not a staff but a SATISFIED CUSTOMER.

GTBank, Zenith Top KPMG Customer Survey
By Crusoe Osagie, 03.26.2008

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

A survey by KPMG professional services has named GTBank and Zenith Bank as the nation’s best banks in terms of customer satisfaction. While GTBank led in retail banking, Zenith Bank retained its top position from last year as the best in corporate banking.
In the retail-banking segment, the survey released yesterday, showed that GTBank led other banks in customer satisfaction with 80.03 points. Zenith Bank and Intercon-tinental Bank followed in the second and third positions respectively.
Zenith Bank however led in the corporate banking segment, while GTBank and Stanbic-IBTC followed in the second and third positions.
The 2008 survey was expanded to achieve more national coverage and to incorporate feedback from the retail segment in addition to the corporate customers on which the 2007 edition was focused.
The survey canvassed the opinion of about 5,000 individuals and 260 businesses on the quality of service delivery by Nigerian banks.
In the 2008 survey, service quality displaced financial stability as the most important factor in the choice of a bank by Nigerian customers.
The survey, which was conducted over a period of seven weeks in January and February, was carried out in eight locations across the country - Aba, Abuja, Calabar, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Retail customers were randomly selected in each location while corporate customers were sampled from the 2007/08 edition of the top 500 companies in Nigeria published by GoldStar Publications.
In the survey, a deliberate attempt was made to ensure that the corporate respondents included the biggest companies in each sector of the economy.
Feedback was through interviews with each organisation’s chief finance officers, finance directors, treasurers and other personnel playing a major role in the banking relationship interface.
According to the survey, while respondents expressed a generally good level of satisfaction with the banks, there was minimal differentiation in ratings below the top two positions.
“This represents an opportunity for banks in that band to break away by seeking ways to further improve their existing service delivery frameworks and providing a ground- breaking experience.
“In the retail banking sector, GTBank came ahead of the other banks, coming first in three categories, with Zenith Bank following closely behind. Diamond, on the other hand, was first in one category and third in three other categories,” the survey stated.
According to the survey, “Zenith Bank held tenaciously to its position as the most customer focused bank for the corporate banking segment. Following closely in the second position was GTBank and in the third place was Stanbic-IBTC.
“Despite the fact that corporate banking customers generally expressed above average satisfaction (about half of the banks obtained a rating of 75 per cent and above), corporate customers appeared slightly less enthused this year. It was observed that there was a general drop in the satisfaction rating among the top ten customer-focused banks in this segment compared with last year’s figures.”
The survey showed that Zenith Bank’s corporate customers rated the bank best in two customer service areas - transaction methods and systems and convenience - where the bank took the lead position.
In addition, the bank came second in two other categories - customer care and product/ service offerings.
Three other banks - GTBank, Diamond Bank and Afribank - took the first position in the customer care, product/service offering and pricing categories respectively.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:01am On Mar 26, 2008
Am sure that if a poll was to be conducted, uba would emerge as the worst bank in terms of customer service. That report captures an element of truth i like. Zenith bank is only friendly to corporate organizations and not to average nigerians
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by DevDel(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
[size=14pt]GTBank Anytime Anyday!!!!! Check It Out![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote Loses $2.5bn In One Month - Bloomberg / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / List Of Professional Bodies And Associations In Nigeria With Their Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.