Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? (29460 Views)

Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / NEWS: Gun Men Attack Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by 13volts(m): 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: Reports of unknown gunmen have just attacked the Emir Of Kano's convoy at Masallacin Murtala Area of kano. Many of the Emir Palace Security Guards ( Dogarai ) are feared death. Emir is Safe!

The Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, was on Saturday afternoon attacked by gunmen leading to the death of his driver and his orderly.

The gunmen laid ambush on the convoy of the Emir around the Zoo road when he was returning from the Murtala Mosque in the city where he had gone to attend a Quranic recitation competition.

Mr. Bayero was reportedly saved by his driver and orderly who formed a protective wall around him and took the bullets fired at him. They are both reportedly dead.

“His driver called Barde and orderly were killed instantly, and his first son, the Ciroman Kano is badly injured from bullet wounds” a source just informed us.

Mr. Bayero is however safe and back to his palace.

A lady whose house is not far from the scene of the attack informed us that a number of the emirs’ palace guards were also killed in the attack. About 10 people are feared dead from the attack.

“One of them even tried to take refuge in our house but could not succeed because the young men sitting in front of the building locked the doors after they heard the gunshots” she said.

Efforts to reach spokespersons of the Police, Magaji Majiya, were unsuccessful, while that of the JTF, Ikedioha Iweha, referred us to the Emirate Council.

source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/115974-breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by jamd: 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
I narrowly escape the gun battle that follow the attack, i was on my way to zoo road when all of a sudden i started hearing gun shot around me.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by SURYSuri(f): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by lacasa: 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
The Only Emir i respect is targeted.

Hммм°! .. PDP wants to Clear the only Emir that is not in their pocket.

Alhamdulillah, Allah will continue to protect Him.

May Allah rest the souls of the dead & expose those who did this ungodly act (amin).

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
I keep telling people, but they won't listen. If given the opportunity, Boko Haram will kill the Sultan, the Emirs, Buhari, Jonathan, Oritsejafor, Babangida, Atiku and anybody that does not agree with their own brand of Islam.

It seems people will soon start realising the truth and understand why we are in Mali.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by jamil2(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Allah ya tona asirin masu kai wannan hari amen.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by theripper: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
lacasa: The Only Emir i respect is targeted.

Hммм°! .. PDP wants to Clear the only Emir that is not in their pocket.

Alhamdulillah, Allah will continue to protect Him.

Na everytime u must display dis ur inborn stupidity? Ur Emir fit b coded Boko financier sef.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by enyieuna: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
what is wrong with this gun wielding men in the north ? the security apparatus had better do something drastic .
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by omiobo: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by chuks49(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Boko Haram must have very strong presence in Kano for them to be carrying out these kind of operation without hindrance.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by IleIfe2(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Na Sanusi joorrr. lol

Emir's car

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by vislabraye(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hmmm. Hope say no be wash be this. Well, let them attack Atiku dem and leave innocent Nigerians alone.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
the emir has odeshi. verily verily i say unto you, he disappeared!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by KABIYESISULTAN: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
What goes round comes round. When the Emir and his cohorts turn away while christians and southerners are gruesomely murdered, little did they know that one day it will be their turn. Get ready northern Elites, the child that says its mother will not sleep has also undertaken to stay awake.

33 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by OmerianConsult: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
There surely is rancour n deep hatred even among d islamic fold
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Mujitapha(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Oh my Lord,why this? Allah ya kiyaye,ya tsare sarkinmu,ameen.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Na Sanusi joorrr. lol

Emir's car

Im dissappointed.That car should,ve been scrapped more than 30 years ago.

He should be cruising in the latest bomb proof Bentley like that south west oba.

Shame on him,shame on sanusi whose photo im seeing hanging on the wall.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by victorazy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
Allah kia e!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by SamConquer(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nooooo...it should not be that peace loving and accomodating man.*rushes out to go and confirm the news elsewhere*
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Symphony007: 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Traditional rulers now move in convoys? Ok. :-XTraditional rulers now move in convoys? Ok.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Dede1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Way to go, Nigeria. It is nice to make the jungle unsafe for everybody.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by fola4luv(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
How did he manage to escape?.God punish the idiot.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
naptu2: I keep
telling people, but they won't listen. If given the opportunity, Boko
Haram will kill the Sultan, the Emirs, Buhari, Jonathan, Oritsejafor,
Babangida, Atiku and anybody that does not agree with their own brand of
Islam.

It seems people will soon start realising the truth and understand why
we are in Mali.

Will u go and sleep. Why will Boko Haram succesfully attack a church in a well guarded military barracks but always fail when they attack common Emirs and some mosques? Are u trying to make us feel u guys dont know ur targets?

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by IleIfe2(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Symphony007: Traditional rulers now move in convoys? Ok. :-XTraditional rulers now move in convoys? Ok.

Yes they do.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Dede1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
naptu2: I keep telling people, but they won't listen. If given the opportunity, Boko Haram will kill the Sultan, the Emirs, Buhari, Jonathan, Oritsejafor, Babangida, Atiku and anybody that does not agree with their own brand of Islam.

It seems people will soon start realising the truth and understand why we are in Mali.

Please stop this colonial propaganda. The need to create Republic of Azawad out of French-Mali is a different joke from Boko Haram's nonsense.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by fkaz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Make i ear waitin sanusi lamido sanusi go talk, weda na porverty won make dem kill dia emir again.

because na him sabi boko haram problem
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by GeJ79: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
I JUST CONFIRM THE NEWS ON CHANNELS.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by IleIfe2(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
kaorama:
Will u go and sleep. Why will Boko Haram succesfully attack a church in a well guarded military barracks but always fail when they attack common Emirs and some mosques? Are u trying to make us feel u guys dont know ur targets?

true talk
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by gerrardomendes(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
shocked
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Zet72(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
coolSo he escape? God why naa!, anyway another day dey shaa...

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Toktee(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some people here are insane

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by cecegorz(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Guys.
The Jihadists are at serious war with the rest of the world!
Listen carefully at Mali and Algeria today. They seek a country they can possess in Africa.
Especially now that they looted more sophisticated weapons from the Libyans armoury when Ghaddaffi was ousted.
They care not whether you are Emir or Sultan, so long as you ain't on their side.
Wake up folks, there is a global war going on, it's beyond PDP politics.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / ‎Boko Haram: Israel Steps Into The Fight / Voters Flee As Thugs Disrupt Election In Benue, Destroyed Ballot Box (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.