Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. (1247 Views)

Breaking News: Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka Calls For Division Of Nigeria / Mbaka Calls For Division Of Nig; Says He Fears No Arrest (Old VIDEO) / Petition For Division Of Nigeria Into 3 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by Litmus: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
[img]http://i.mol.im/i/pix/2013/01/19/article-2265002-1708E33A000005DC-113_964x400.jpg[/img]

Ahmed Dogan, leader of a liberal party which represents the Turkish minority in Bulgaria, survived the astonishing assassination attempt while giving a speech at a conference in the capital Sofia (left). Television footage shows a man storming the stage and aiming a gun at his head. But the weapon misfired and Mr Dogan, 58, escaped unharmed. Security guards and delegates then wrestle the man to the ground and began beating and kicking him. The 25-year-old suspect was led away covered in blood (right).

Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
Gosh! They're really laying into the guy in the last pic....i even pitied him small sad.
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by advocate666: 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
The idiots are the ones that despite all evidence that it is not working, still call for and cling to the utopic one nigeria.
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by Afam4eva(m): 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
Pls what's the story behind those pictures?
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by Litmus: 12:52am On Jan 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls what's the story behind those pictures?

Heartstopping moment would-be assassin aims gun at Bulgarian opposition leader's head and pulls the trigger... but victim survives after weapon misfires

Ahmed Dogan was giving speech at conference in capital Sofia
Dramatic footage shows man storming the stage and attempting to shoot the politician from point blank range
Weapon fails to fire allowing Mr Dogan time to escape
Security guards and politicians kick and beat attacker to the ground

A Bulgarian politician today survived an extraordinary assassination attempt when a man stormed the stage and held a gun to his head as he was giving a speech.

Fortunately for Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, the weapon misfired giving him time to react and hit the would-be assassin's hand out of the way.

Before he could attempt a second shot the unidentified suspect was tackled to the ground by security guards and delegates attending the conference in Sofia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265002/Ahmed-Dogan-Heart-stopping-moment-man-pulls-gun-Bulgarian-opposition-leader-makes-speech-live-TV.html
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by Afam4eva(m): 12:55am On Jan 20, 2013
^^^WOW

Is there a possibility that the would be assassin actually misfired intentionally?
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by austinsmat(m): 3:58am On Jan 20, 2013
I watch the video at aljezera it seem that the man doesn't want to kill him because he have all the chances to shot him if he is a full assassin
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by kunlekunle: 5:49am On Jan 20, 2013
austinsmat: I watch the video at aljezera it seem that the man doesn't want to kill him because he have all the chances to shot him if he is a full assassin

read again,
it says the gun jammed.
Re: My - If Na Nigeria, Idiots Would Call For Division Of Nation- Posts. by Litmus: 1:35am On Jan 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Deadly secret of Egypt's leaning tower blocks[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVWin6cLBE0

Barely a week goes by in Egypt without news of a collapsed building.

Earlier this month, a building in Cairo caved in, killing three people, days after a block of flats collapsed in Alexandria, killing many more.

Questions are being asked as to why so many Egyptians lose their lives this way, and why it appears that the problems have been worsening since Egypt's 2011 revolution.

We arrived in the area of Maamoura in Alexandria just as another body was being pulled out.

Large crowds had gathered around the space where, a few hours earlier, a large block of flats had stood.

It appeared to have been, in effect, attached to the tower block next door, but had fallen away in the early hours of the morning as people slept.

Clothes were still hanging from the walls eight storeys up, but the people they belonged to were now buried under the rubble far below.

In the end, 28 eight bodies were recovered.

But this is nothing new in Egypt and particularly Alexandria, which has a notorious record. Every year engineers say around 20 buildings collapse in the Mediterranean city alone.
'Left to collapse'

Driving around Alexandria it was shocking to see buildings leaning visibly, and more alarming to see their occupants on balconies, hanging out washing or chatting to neighbours.

"These blocks are occupied by families with low incomes and families who were forced to buy homes in cheaper buildings which are illegal," says Nasser Darwish, a professor at the Structural Engineering Department of Alexandria University.

He estimates that in Alexandria, right now, there are hundreds of buildings with major structural flaws, about 170 of which are in danger of imminent collapse and need to be evacuated immediately and demolished.

"Nobody wants to deal with the social problem of where you put the residents that need to be moved," says Prof Darwish. "Nobody wants to deal with the security problem of having to confront the buildings' owners. So they are just left to collapse.

"The authorities need to recognise that the most important thing is the lives of our people."

In another part of Alexandria, Gomrok, people angrily told us that it was clear that the local authorities did not think that way.

We visited the site of a building which had collapsed six months ago. Work was going on to build a new tower block in its place.

People who were affected said they had received little compensation for relatives who died, and nothing for the belongings that had been lost.

To the side, standing quietly, we happened to see a boy, looking lost, staring at the building work. It turned out that 16-year-old Mohammed had been orphaned in the tragedy.

He told us a huge tower was being built illegally on a tiny plot next door to his home, and that when it had risen to 10 and then 11 storeys his family had complained.

Then he described how one afternoon, while he was playing in the street, the new building toppled over, crushing his home and smashing into two other buildings. Twenty-one people were killed.

"My whole family were on the ground floor," he said. "It took a day to find their bodies. Now most of the time, I'm just in the streets, hanging around here."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21192988

(1) (Reply)

2015:jonathan Has Edge Over The North – Sulaimon (northern Emancipation Network) / Presidency Releases Full List Of Advisory Committee On Nat’l Dialogue / Boko Haram's Abubakar Shekau Is 9th Most Dangerous Terrorist In The World - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.