Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) (10759 Views)

More Pics 4rm Fire Outbreak At Samsung Office As Fire Fighters Strugle 2 Stop It / Epic Response Of A Girl When PDP Said Yesterday Was Day 62 Of Fuel Scarcity(pic / Pipeline Explosion At Ogolonto, Ikorodu(fire Fighters Needed Asap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ok itz a hot sunny afternoon, i was inside my room busy with my phone on the 'catfish thread' then suddenly someone shouted fire!! fire!! fire! Outside, i tot itz normal noise made by the association of gatemen whenever they are gathered, more voices joined then i stood up and went to the balcony.
Aaah a house in the neighbourhood is burning!!

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
We all rushed down to the place, i participated actively in getting water from the 'well' while some other guys pour the water at the house, but our efforts were frustrated as the fire keeps gaining momentum, it has already crossed to the next flat through the ceiling the thick smoke was getting thicker, then the occupants of the flat started throwing their property out from the apartment

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
Then someone said, fire service, someone should call fire service!! Call NEMA!! we all paused. . . Oya who get their number? Nobody!! Chai, i went back to the directory NYSC gave me, got a number, its Police not Fire Service nor NEMA, called them anyway then they called fire service and 15mins later wallaah, sirens everywhere fire service arrived.

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
No questions asked, no pleasantries exchanged, they swung into action of quenching the fire

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
. . . and 30mins later the fire has been controlled after a 'big fight' and we could hear the chief from inside the major fire zone shouting orders, reduce the pressure!! roll up!! It is contained!! With cheers and happiness we congratulated them and some guys were already asking them what they will drink.

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by taharqa: 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
GREAT... This is exactly what we hope wud be d norm truout 9ja soonest. Kudos to d firemen, and thanks for the reports wit pics

5 Likes

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
Me i just turned to walk back home fully soaked and boom!! another house is burning few blocks away and the smoke is even thicker!!!

To be continued. . . .

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
PS: My cousin took the pics.
PSS: pls let no one ask me the kind of fone im using, d pix are blurd cos nland made em so.
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Blyss: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
Humm, so Nigeria doesn't have a national emergency response number, like 911 here in the US? All you have to do here is dial 911 and an emergency dispatcher will answer the phone, you tell her your emergency issue, give her your location or general location and they'll dispatch the appropriate emergency services in your area to your location to help you.

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by CoolKizzy(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
Blyss: Humm, so Nigeria doesn't have a national emergency response number, like 911 here in the US? All you have to do here is dial 911 and an emergency dispatcher will answer the phone, you tell her your emergency issue, give her your location or general location and they'll dispatch the appropriate emergency services in your area to your location to help you.

thanks we know already. . . Oh and thanks for letting us knw u are in the US.

30 Likes

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by olaezebala: 12:21am On Jan 20, 2013
Thank God ooooo. @ OP join me in Loaded and Dominion along AMAC market to drink some cool beer
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Blyss: 12:25am On Jan 20, 2013
Cool Kizzy:

thanks we know already. . . Oh and thanks for letting us knw u are in the US.

So I take that as a no. No need for the smart remark; of course I'm in the US considering that I'm an American. undecided You don't know who I am?
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Blyss: Humm, so Nigeria doesn't have a national emergency response number, like 911 here in the US? All you have to do here is dial 911 and an emergency dispatcher will answer the phone, you tell her your emergency issue, give her your location or general location and they'll dispatch the appropriate emergency services in your area to your location to help you.

[size=13pt]Exactly.

The pictures and the OP's detailing are encouraging though. They definitely deserve credit for their work. There's always room for improvement however. I was watching AM Express one time, and a police chief gave an 11-digit number for a dysfunctional line lol. E go better grin

It must anyway. They need to cut that 15-minute arrival in half. I don't know the traffic situation in Abuja, but a lot can happen in 15 minutes. Well done to them anyway.[/size]
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by cyril83(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2013
Blyss:

So I take that as a no. No need for the smart remark; of course I'm in the US considering that I'm an American. undecided You don't know who I am?
stop derailing my friend

3 Likes

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by naptu2: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2013

We had 199 when Nitel was functional (1960s, 70s, 80s & early 90s). Since Nitel's demise we have different emergency numbers for different states/networks. It's 767 for Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2013
Me no see no fire.
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Lagusta(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2013
Blyss:

Abeg stop this immature and fake familiarity joor, if you are an american nko Is your blood made of gold or your §hít smells like cologne

And FYI, we hard-core nigerians ALSO have our own emergency dispatch number, and its 767...

13 Likes

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by naptu2: 10:52am On Jan 20, 2013
Back when I was a kid I knew all the "special numbers" (they were also on the inside cover of the telephone directory).

Emergency, speaking clock, ring back, etc.
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by DrGee1(f): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2013
shocked in this naija? Wow in abj. Well as far as my state fire service is concerned d huz can burn to ashes. The fire service station i know in ABA has been turn into beer parlour by shine shine bobo(star bar).
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2013
Thumbs up to those that put in efforts to have the fire contained.

Tha cause of the fire should be investigated and residents should be duly advised.

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Silensa(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
thank God oo say 9ja don dey improve on such matters
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by hollandis(f): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2013
i hate it whem people give kudos to govt officials for doing their job
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by GentleNaaz(m): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2013
@op, wetn u wan mk we do, yesterdy, fire burn poor man house near our house in ABA. I called police on phone, dy no piik cal, no need 2 cal fire servx men cos dy r nt in Abia state, talk more of Aba. No borehole around our area. We just folded our arms n watch d fire as it burnt d house 2 ashes. Dn we wnt bk 2 our houses. God gav d house, God collectd it as well

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by eagleeye2: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2013
Dr Gee: shocked in this naija? Wow in abj. Well as far as my state fire service is concerned d huz can burn to ashes. The fire service station i know in ABA has been turn into beer parlour by shine shine bobo(star bar).

You are right.... If anything like fire happens in that Aba city, well I all I say is "e go better."
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by cyril83(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Lagusta:

Abeg stop this immature and fake familiarity joor, if you are an american nko Is your blood made of gold or your §hít smells like cologne

And FYI, we hard-core nigerians ALSO have our own emergency dispatch number, and its 767...
don't mind that fake life
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by caesaraba(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2013
Kudos to the fire service for the prompt response. More thanks to those in the neighbourhood for not blocking the road and hampering emergency work, unlike some......

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by peace3: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2013
THE IRONY AND INSULTING THING EMANATING FROM THIS UNFORTUNATE STORY IS THAT
AS BIG AS FEDERAL HOUSING ESTATE,THEY DON'T HAVE A FIRE FIGHTING VAN.IT'S NATIONAL
JUDICIAL COUNCIL THAT CAME TO THE RESCUE.YET INSTEAD OF NIGERIANS TO KNOW THAT OUR
LEADERS ARE SOMETHING ELSE,WE WILL BE FIGHTING OURSELVES UNNECESSARILY.THE IDIOTS BEHIND THIS
ACT ARE EITHER MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN.WAKE UP NIGERIANS.GOD BLESS US ALL cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Tonbrazeal(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2013
Ok.
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by YoungGame: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Naija fire brigades dey try now grin
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by emiye(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2013

Lagos State has pionered it, 767 for all emergency services.
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2013
Seriously, Nigeria needs beautifications and massive infrastructure development.Nigeria environment is not pleasing to the eyes at all!
Re: Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics) by strangest(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2013
meenagiggs: Me no see no fire.
yeah but you saw smoke and guess what? no smoke without fire grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Appoints Umaru Dikko To Head National Disciplinary Committee / CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans / Defend Yourselves Against Bandits’ Invasion – CAN Tells Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.