Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ (16199 Views)

See Wetin People Dey Take Buy Phone And I Dey Find 20k To Buy Tecno / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Your Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Its high time to informed you that the causes of your battery draining less than an hour after being fully charged has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the battery or mobile phone.

In this article, you will learn some tips about your battery. The things you need to do to your battery before charging, during charging and after charging.

1. If you just bought a new phone/new battery, keep it connected to the mains (wall outlet) for between 6 to 10 hours at a stretch. Ignore the “battery full” notification that you get after 2 to 3 hours. The battery is not yet full, so keep it connected.

2. Do not use the vibrate function on your phone as it is a big drain on power. It may sound inconvenient but you just have to do it. Create different profile that is one should be “VIBRATE THEN RING” and the other should be “RING ONLY”. So when you are outdoor, set it as “VIBRATE THEN RING” probably for those who doesn’t know when their phone rings while it is in their pocket. I suggest you use hands free if you can’t use those mention above, but ensure to return it to “RING ONLY” when you are indoor.

3. Charge your battery only when it is completely empty. Note: if you don’t give your battery the extended charge(6-10 hours), it will take longer for it to reach the full potential- or it never will. Once it get used to not being fully charged that way, the rest is history.
Every now and then, let your battery run out completely till the phone shutdown. Switch it back on and then immediately plug in the charger till it is fully charged. By this,2 or 3 hours of charging is okay. Repeat this process about once a week or more(if phone/battery was just purchased )to get maximum usage.

Note that leaving background application running drains your battery, so if you know you don’t need them, don’t run them at that moment.

4. Always give the battery a full charge, avoid partial full charge if you can.

5. Reducing the volume of warning tones improves your battery life

6. Turn your phone off when you are not using it. E.g. while sleeping. (This depends on individual).

7. Turn off the wifi features of your phone when not in use.

8. Always keep the battery contacts clean. You may clean the edges using spirit.

9. Keep the phone away from heat and magnetic objects.

10. If possible, reduce the brightness of your phone.

11. Over charging of battery reduces its life.

12. Always use original charger for charging the phone.

13. if the mobile has a camera with flash, switch off the flash when not in use

14. Avoid restarting the phone too often as it can severely hamper the battery life.

15. Turn off your GPS if you do not need it for navigation or geo-tagging of pictures or videos.

16. Turn off your Bluetooth/Infrared if you don’t need them for either headset connection or other devices.

17. Also, turn off 3G mode and stick to 2G(i.e UMTS/DUAL MODE TO GSM MODE). Do this only when you don’t need a fast data connection or video calls.

18. Always properly switch off your mobile(Never directly remove battery)

19. Use automatic network selection option instead of manual selection.

20. Use hands free instead of speaker/ringer to listen to music.

21. Reduce the back light/keypad light time

22. Do not use any flash or animation as wallpaper

23. Always keep off screen saver

24. It’s also not advisable to use and charge at the same time

25. Always set your internet settings “when needed” and not “when available” on Nokia phones (OPTIONAL)

26. Avoid the use of car chargers as it damage your battery bit by bit. Remember, the current coming from the car is not regulated.

27. Avoid the use of desktop chargers. Its only meant for boosting batteries that are completely dead and cant be powered on by mere charger at first.

28. In conclusion, there is no problem in charging the battery often although you can improve battery indicator and battery life by discharging it every 15-20 minutes in order to recalibrate it.

29 Free feel to add more of what u know can help others improve their battery life.

CRITICISMS AND SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME FROM THE READERS OF THIS TEXT. I CLAIM NO PERFECTION. IT IS NOT AN ATTRIBUTE OF MAN.

DISCLAIMER: You agree to following these steps at your own free will and I shall not be held responsible for any loss resulting from this article.

However,I have applied every steps personally.

This article is for educational purposes only.

19 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by greedie1(f): 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
hmmm... nice.
op, tnx for sharing.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Francheezy(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
c0ngRatZ#
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 5:37am On Jan 20, 2013
gree-die:
hmmm... nice.
op, tnx for sharing.
its my pleasure.
Francheezy: c0ngRatZ#
hmmmm
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2013
Improve ur bat3 life by following d above instructions.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by skyhighweb(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
embarassed more like ways not to enjoy ur phone to me

6 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 6:28am On Jan 23, 2013
skyhighweb: embarassed more like ways not to enjoy ur phone to me
Elaborate
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Sadusalam: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Good job. Thanks
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sadusalam: Good job. Thanks
Enjoy!
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Baadal(m): 8:09am On Jan 24, 2013
I disagree with ur No18...even RIM recommends hard reset.anyway nice post though
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 8:31am On Jan 24, 2013
Baadal: I disagree with ur No18...even RIM recommends hard reset.anyway nice post though
U r free to disagree na, that's y criticism is welcome.
Did RIM suggest hard reset to ur device often without any reason? And even if d manufacturer state such, doesn't mean all that they suggest doesnt have negative effect.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Abeg does this apply to my bold 5 cause de battery na something else.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by donsax: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2013
engrhamid:
U r free to disagree na, that's y criticism is welcome.
Did RIM suggest hard reset to ur device often without any reason? And even if d manufacturer state such, doesn't mean all that they suggest doesn't have negative effect.
I all so disagree with n0 18.Even though you turn power off rim blackberry the battery still drained the only way to avoid that is to remove it.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by scopusng(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Stpp wasting your time ops. there is an app that automatically extend battery life and that is what i am using.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Tovot: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2013
does this apply to all phones?
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by mshd5: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2013
Nice post but wen u read d manual of d phone, they always state dt once d battery is ful unplug d corde.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Sorry to burst your bubble bro. Most of the things on that list is absolute horseshite. Unrealistic for most smartphones. Imagine telling me to keep my internet connection at 'when needed' on a RIM device. Yeah right. I have used various mobiles and never for once have I done the charge for '6-10hours first' crap that most phone repairers preach. Yet I never recorded anything unusual.

If your phone can't give you 6hrs of heavy use, then toss it away and buy something better shikena. Better still get a second battery.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2013
scopusng: Stpp wasting your time ops. there is an app that automatically extend battery life and that is what i am using.
hello! no one is here wasting his or her time ok?
we all know there are different third party apps that extend battery lives of mobile phones.
The above article is just suggestions to know what drains battery life.
Mind you, you need to chill with the way you address me!
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by executinal(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2013
ok
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by justi4jesu(f): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2013
No 1 is not certain! It depends on the Manual that came with the mobile set. The fact is that we don't read our manuals for instructions. While will you just buy a phone and connect it to a wall outlet for 6-10hours, without knowing if your phone is meant for that duration of hours or not.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by donsax: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2013
scopusng: Stpp wasting your time ops. there is an app that automatically extend battery life and that is what i am using.
Please which application automatically extend battery life? And can I download it on rim?
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2013
gboss4sure: Abeg does this apply to my bold 5 cause de battery na something else.
by default, bold 5 battery is poor due to low capacity of the battery from RIM just like curve 4 battery as well.
Moreso, battery life of blackberry in general tends to be poor due to internet connection running 24/7(emails,pings and browser)
You can stick to 2G network to enjoy your battery life if u r not downloading or get a mobile powerbank to enjoy ur battery life.
check my profile for the mobile power bank.
cheers!
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Nonybb: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2013
engrhamid: Its high time to informed you that the causes of your battery draining less than an hour after being fully charged has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the battery or mobile phone.

In this article, you will learn some tips about your battery. The things you need to do to your battery before charging, during charging and after charging.

1. If you just bought a new phone/new battery, keep it connected to the mains (wall outlet) for between 6 to 10 hours at a stretch. Ignore the “battery full” notification that you get after 2 to 3 hours. The battery is not yet full, so keep it connected.

2. Do not use the vibrate function on your phone as it is a big drain on power. It may sound inconvenient but you just have to do it. Create different profile that is one should be “VIBRATE THEN RING” and the other should be “RING ONLY”. So when you are outdoor, set it as “VIBRATE THEN RING” probably for those who doesn’t know when their phone rings while it is in their pocket. I suggest you use hands free if you can’t use those mention above, but ensure to return it to “RING ONLY” when you are indoor.

3. Charge your battery only when it is completely empty. Note: if you don’t give your battery the extended charge(6-10 hours), it will take longer for it to reach the full potential- or it never will. Once it get used to not being fully charged that way, the rest is history.
Every now and then, let your battery run out completely till the phone shutdown. Switch it back on and then immediately plug in the charger till it is fully charged. By this,2 or 3 hours of charging is okay. Repeat this process about once a week or more(if phone/battery was just purchased )to get maximum usage.

Note that leaving background application running drains your battery, so if you know you don’t need them, don’t run them at that moment.

4. Always give the battery a full charge, avoid partial full charge if you can.

5. Reducing the volume of warning tones improves your battery life

6. Turn your phone off when you are not using it. E.g. while sleeping. (This depends on individual).

7. Turn off the wifi features of your phone when not in use.

8. Always keep the battery contacts clean. You may clean the edges using spirit.

9. Keep the phone away from heat and magnetic objects.

10. If possible, reduce the brightness of your phone.

11. Over charging of battery reduces its life.

12. Always use original charger for charging the phone.

13. if the mobile has a camera with flash, switch off the flash when not in use

14. Avoid restarting the phone too often as it can severely hamper the battery life.

15. Turn off your GPS if you do not need it for navigation or geo-tagging of pictures or videos.

16. Turn off your Bluetooth/Infrared if you don’t need them for either headset connection or other devices.

17. Also, turn off 3G mode and stick to 2G(i.e UMTS/DUAL MODE TO GSM MODE). Do this only when you don’t need a fast data connection or video calls.

18. Always properly switch off your mobile(Never directly remove battery)

19. Use automatic network selection option instead of manual selection.

20. Use hands free instead of speaker/ringer to listen to music.

21. Reduce the back light/keypad light time

22. Do not use any flash or animation as wallpaper

23. Always keep off screen saver

24. It’s also not advisable to use and charge at the same time

25. Always set your internet settings “when needed” and not “when available”.

26. Avoid the use of car chargers as it damage your battery bit by bit. Remember, the current coming from the car is not regulated.

27. Avoid the use of desktop chargers. Its only meant for boosting batteries that are completely dead and cant be powered on by mere charger at first.

28. In conclusion, there is no problem in charging the battery often although you can improve battery indicator and battery life by discharging it every 15-20 minutes in order to recalibrate it.

29 Free feel to add more of what u know can help others improve their battery life.

CRITICISMS AND SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME FROM THE READERS OF THIS TEXT. I CLAIM NO PERFECTION. IT IS NOT AN ATTRIBUTE OF MAN.

DISCLAIMER: You agree to following these steps at your own free will and I shall not be held responsible for any loss resulting from this article.

However,I have applied every steps personally.

This article is for educational purposes only.
who is this man and wat are u talking about?
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2013
donsax:
Please which application automatically extend battery life? And can I download it on rim?
"battery extender" i know of for nokia symbian phones.
you can do a google search for your type of phone
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by OmerianConsult: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Disable startup/shutdown tone
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by 3poh(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2013
pls what is the name of the app. i need it badly
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2013
3p_oh: pls what is the name of the app. i need it badly
check the following
BB app world: bb users
playstore :android users
nokia ovi: nokia users
Market: windows users

and search for battery extender apps
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Maximus17(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2013
GOOD wrk OP buh most of these thing mentioned are rily difficult and rare,most u leave your phone to completely die before charging it?.........thatz very risky

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by yhellow(m): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Download application resource monitor on BB world, it w̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ℓℓ increase Ųя ba3 lif and close unused application on urphone.
gboss4sure: Abeg does this apply to my bold 5 cause de battery na something else.
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by Onlinebiz2012: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by engrhamid(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2013
Maximus17: GOOD wrk OP buh most of these thing mentioned are rily difficult and rare,most u leave your phone to completely die before charging it?.........thatz very risky
yeah, its risky.
i stated it up there that[b] "Repeat this process about once a week or more(if phone/battery was just purchased )to get maximum usage[/b]
i wouldnt advice anyone to allow his or her battery to drain completely b4 charging here in nigeria na grin
Re: Mobile Phone And Its Battery Life. #A MUST READ by dopeJemi: 10:46am On Jan 24, 2013
Nonybb: who is this man and wat are u talking about?

Dafuq?

R u a FooL, did u av 2 do dat
angry

Topic

BLackberry users, Number 1 z so True

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google's Biggest Fails / Top Ten Applications On Your Phone. / Create Mtn Recharge Card For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.