Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River (30517 Views)

Dead Bodies Found In The Foundation Of A Building In Enugu (Photos) / SEE Dead Bodies Of Police Corporal, Inspector, Girlfriend Who All Died Over ‘lov / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by mavinc4u(f): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
bankyblue: This is the hand work of those igbo men who want to get rich by all
Means, I did my NYSC in a village(umuber indiagu) very close to ebenebe and also visit
Amansea every weekend for EPL matches, nothing is new to me.....they all want to drive
Jeep.

am sorry to say this but you are a big Fool with capital letter F. change your mind set before is too late for you. Where you told their body parts were incomplete? Do you have to move around with your jealousy? you mean after doing your service there, you can't still spell the name of the town and if they ask graduates to queue up,you will come and join the queue. Read before commenting. You must not comment.

3 Likes

Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Bokoharam: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
mavinc4u:

am sorry to say this but you are a big Fool with capital letter F. change your mind set before is too late for you. Where you told their body parts were incomplete? Do you have to move around with your jealousy? you mean after doing your service there, you can't still spell the name of the town and if they ask graduates to queue up,you will come and join the queue. Read before commenting. You must not comment.

Thank you, sister. You responded well to him. I keep wondering why he came out alive, with his body parts intact, after 11 months of NYSC.

Secondly, It's so unfortunate that a so-called graduate cannot spell the name of the village he served.

1 Like

Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
mavinc4u:
Do you have to move around with your jealousy?
I'm curious; who do you think he's jealous of and why do you think he's jealous?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
The fact that people did not report their loved ones missing leaves the folks in Awka to suspect that these may be prisoners and detained folks killed by the police and dumped in the river if indeed the story is true.
I hope the authorities get to the bottom of this sad story
Then again I wonder
How can this happen and nobody captured a picture of the bodies floating in the river
We see bodies of victims all the time,why is this picture missing?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
omenziate: Saw the shocking news on StV, though no bodies. Could have been thing though from murder to boat mishap. Only God knows. RIP to the victims

How can a TV house report this story and there was no live shot with their correspondence on site showing the bodies floating by?
It sounds like a hoax
This story as big as this cannot be complete without pictures
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
lana1878: shocked embarassed cry viewers discretion advised

Please where is your link?
The sad thing is that there is no investigative tool in Nigeria,
This may not go anywhere
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:

How can a TV house report this story and there was no live shot with their correspondence on site showing the bodies floating by?
It sounds like a hoax
This story as big as this cannot be complete without pictures
You are a bit late to the party so stop making noise. The pics were taken off for obvious reasons.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
I believe from just a look at the bodies, a quick guess at the cause of death(s) can be reached: any visible wounds/no visible wounds for instance can tell a lot.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
logica: You are a bit late to the party so stop making noise. The pics were taken off for obvious reasons.

Give me a link to it please
Even though we know nigerian media circulates unrelated pics in their stories but I will like to see it
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:

Give me a link to it please
Even though we know nigerian media circulates unrelated pics in their stories but I will like to see it
Oh, the person you first asked for the link STILL has the picture attached to his post. If it is not showing for you, then something (maybe firewall) is blocking it.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
logica: Oh, the person you first asked for the link STILL has the picture attached to his post. If it is not showing for you, then something (maybe firewall) is blocking it.

I want a link to the picture showing where it came from
I can see the picture with bloated bodies about 5 or so on a dirty river
Those are decomposing bodies that have been in the water a while,I thought I read that they were fresh looking
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by tpia5: 11:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:

I want a link to the picture showing where it came from
I can see the picture with bloated bodies about 5 or so on a dirty river
Those are decomposing bodies that have been in the water a while,I thought I read that they were fresh looking
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/horror-40-dead-bodies-float-anambra-river

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/20/over-15-bodies-found-dead-in-ezu-river/
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
logica: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/horror-40-dead-bodies-float-anambra-river

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/20/over-15-bodies-found-dead-in-ezu-river/

Thank you
I went digging and found the channels TV news complete with a video clip

Over 15 dead bodies, all male, were (yesterday) found floating on Ezu, a river at the boundary between Anambra and Enugu states.

The decomposing bodies without any noticeable body mutilations or injuries could not be identified by the people of Amansea community who live in the area on Anambra state side of the divide.

Eyewitnesses told Channels Television that the bodies were discovered in the early hours of the morning when they went to fetch water.

Anambra and Enugu states Commissioners of Police who visited the area said investigation will commence to unravel the mysterious incident.

The river is the only source of water for the five communities of Amansea, Ebenebe, Ugbenu, Ugbene and Oba-Ofemili and the development had caused a lot of discomfort to the people.

Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Bala Nasarawa, who shuddered at such inhuman and ugly incident, said investigation in to the matter will commence immediately while his Enugu counterpart, Musa Daura, maintained that Enugu and Anambra enjoy relative peace and so could not decipher where the corpses were coming from.

Daura wondered how the avalanche of dead bodies got there because he had not heard of any communal clash whether in Enugu or Anambra where many people were killed”.

Anambra State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Lawrence Ikeafor, also wondered where the dead bodies could be coming from as there are no communal clashes within the state or even in neighboring Enugu state. He however advised the villagers not to fetch water from the river until the bodies are cleared and buried.

[size=18pt]The bodies are all males
with no missing parts
so ritual killings are ruled out moreover ritual killings will not selectively target one gender
Not from communal clashes either since there will be males females and children involved and none has been reported in the area
Not kidnapped victims because it won't just be selectively males and there are no immediate reports of missing persons
The only thing i suspect is extra judicial killings by the police and dumped into the river
That is the only thing that fits here

People with detained loved ones in that area ought to go check up on them in the cells,they may have been killed
Tons of touts and barrow pushers are rounded up and arrested by the police pretending to solve crimes
I am suspecting the Nigerian police until proven otherwise[/size]
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:
Extra judicial killings by the police and dumped into the river
Even you quoted the article as saying "no visible body mutilations or injuries"; yet you arrived at the conclusion it was the police. How do you think the police would kill without leaving injuries? You think the police gassed them or poisoned them?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Thank you

[size=18pt]The bodies are all males
with no missing parts
so ritual killings are ruled out moreover ritual killings will not selectively target one gender
Not from communal clashes either since there will be males females and children involved and one reported in the area
Not kidnapped victims because it won't just be makes too
The only thing i suspect extra judicial killings by the police and dumped into the river
Tons of touts and barrow pushers are rounded up and arrested by the police pretending to solve crimes

This doesn't make sense.

You don't believe ritual killings will target one gender, yet you want to believe that judicial killings done by police men are gender-selective?

logica: Even you quoted the article as saying "no visible body mutilations or injuries"; yet you arrived at the conclusion it was the police. How do you think the police would kill without leaving injuries? You think the police gassed them or poisoned them?

Even the rascals in police uniform in the Southeast won't kill 50 people and get away with it this easily.

Were they MASSOB men?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 21, 2013
logica: Even you quoted the article as saying "no visible body mutilations or injuries"; yet you arrived at the conclusion it was the police. How do you think the police would kill without leaving injuries? You think the police gassed them or poisoned them?

A strangled person will not show mutilations on their decaying bodies neither will someone beaten up
Ritual killings will have body parts missing and that will be pretty obvious
So far all 15 bodies bodies according to the clip are males
Some Massob or Biafra secessionist group was arrested en masse not too long ago,I hope their relatives go to inquire about them,that could be their bodies
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 21, 2013
50 LIVES JUST WASHED AWAY

Yet no REASONABLE explanation for their demise.

Where no ID cards found them?

Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 21, 2013
How 50 bodies fit float for 3 days without anyone noticing?

No person reported missing?

No one looking for a brother, son, or husband?

Body ritualist prolly didn't have time to get what they want before dumping the bodies in water.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 21, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

This doesn't make sense.

You don't believe ritual killings will target one gender, yet you want to believe that judicial killings done by police men are gender-selective?

Even the rascals in police uniform in the Southeast won't kill 50 people and get away with it this easily.

Were they MASSOB men?

There are always more men in prison than women, all over the world
90% or more of incarcerated persons are males and here in America with police brutality in and outside jails,the victims are always males
It has to be the same in Nigeria
They kill the men,they leave the women to gratify their sexual urges
The key to solving this crime will be the family members
I hope the bodies are still identifiable
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

There are always more men in prison in prison than women,all over the world
90% or more of incarcerated persons are males and here in America with police brutality in and outside jails,the victims are always males
It has to be the same in Nigeria
They kill the men,they leave the women to gratify their sexual urges

Wati wrote above is my hunch on this story based on the evidence from the story so far

It is not easy to cover up 50 missing men from a federal/state jail/prison.

I'm sure that your Governor is smart enough to check it out.

This event is simply shrouded in mystery, even for government officials.

Impossible, even for Nigeria.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 21, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

It is not easy to cover up 50 missing men from a federal/state jail/prison.

I'm sure that your Governor is smart enough to check it out.

This event is simply shrouded in mystery, even for government officials.

Impossible, even for Nigeria.

Anything is possible in Nigeria
Remember that there is no data of arrested folks logged into any computer database in Nigeria
There are no fingerprints of arrested folks in any computers as is the custom here
Everything is written in a dirty log book if it is at all documented and all they need to do is do away with that log book or rip out the sheets and the record is gone.
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2013
I don't even know how Nigeria solves crime or plans to ever get a hold of crime solving because many Nigerians have no ID, there is no modern way of processing criminals when apprehended,there is no way of knowing who is who decisively
A man can commit a crime in Enugu and say his name is Chika Chude,he is released and next day he can commit another crime and give his name as Sylvester Okoro
Same man.
He can move to Calabar and claim his name is Udo Iniobong,that becomes his name
Meanwhile his real name could be something entirely different from all three
There is no fingerprint anywhere to tell anyone that this is the same man
Scary
There should be an equivalent of social security number and a national ID,without it,we can never get a hold of the crime in Nigeria
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Anything is possible in Nigeria
Remember that there is no data of arrested folks logged into any computer database in Nigeria
There are no fingerprints of arrested folks in any computers
Everything is written in a dirty log book if it is at all documented and all they need to do is do away with that log book or rip out the sheets and the record is gone.

Unless prisoners didn't notice 50 fewer buddies, then it's impossible.

Who does it benefit to dispose of 50 prisoners? And why dispose of them in a river that'd eventually wash up their bodies to where they'd be found?

Were the bodies found in prison uniform?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by strangest(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Thank you

The bodies are all males
with no missing parts
Not from communal clashes either since there will be males females and children involved and none has been reported in the area
Not kidnapped victims because it won't just be selectively males and there are no immediate reports of missing persons
The only thing i suspect is extra judicial killings by the police and dumped into the river

People with detained loved ones in that area ought to go check up on them in the cells,they may have been killed

if they were actually all males like you said, then there is a possibility that they went for oil bunkering
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

A strangled person will not show mutilations on their decaying bodies neither will someone beaten up
Police now kill people by strangulation? When they have not run out of bullets? If a beating can lead to death, I will hazard it will leave plenty of "body mutilations or injuries".
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

Unless prisoners didn't notice 50 fewer buddies, then it's impossible.

Who does it benefit to dispose of 50 prisoners? And why dispose of them in a river that'd eventually wash up their bodies to where they'd be found?

Were the bodies found in prison uniform?

Prison uniform ?
Hahahahahahaha
Detainees are stripped to their boxers,who dash them uniform?
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2013
strangest:

if they were actually all males like you said, then there is a possibility that they went for oil bunkering

It could be
I suspect extra judicial killing of some sort
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 21, 2013
logica: Police now kill people by strangulation? When they have not run out of bullets? If a beating can lead to death, I will hazard it will leave plenty of "body mutilations or injuries".

The people reporting are not pathologists
They are giving a gross description by novice eyes
Signs of beatings will not be apparent on a decomposed swollen body don't you think?
I have given my own theory,what is yours rather than pick mine apart
Re: Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River by logica(m): 12:34am On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

The people reporting are not pathologists
They are giving a gross description by novice eyes
Signs of beatings will not be apparent on a decomposed swollen body don't you think?
I have given my own theory,what is yours rather than pick mine apart
I am merely pointing out how ridiculous your "theories" are based on the reported conditions of the corpses. I am sorry, but I have no theories to offer. I am not in the business of forecasting or kalo-kalo. All I can tell is, based on the report, they cannot be victims of police extrajudicial killings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

61-year-old Guard Rapes Two Sisters, Gives Them N200 / 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber / Eze Peter Opara's House Burnt In Imo After His Security Men Killed IMSU Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.