Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria (2470 Views)

[photo] KFC Serves California Man 'deep Fried Rat' In His Meal? / Monstrous Giant Squid Washed Ashore A Southern California Beach...see Pictures / Do U Ever Wonder Why Your Blackberry Is Slow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
[size=13pt]On September 11th, 2012, I was on a train, headed for home after a couple of lectures at university. I had my iPod and Blackberry, which was dead, out. My plan was to get off the train and charge the phone immediately in the car to call my dad. On my way off the train, I must have dropped my Blackberry because I didn't see it with me when I reached the car.

Luckily, the train had neared the end of the tracks and returned within 15 minutes. I hopped back on the train and retraced my steps. I looked around and saw no trace of my Blackberry. The only people sitting around was an elderly group of people. I didn't want to disturb them and definitely didn't suspect them, so I got off the train. I assumed that whomever took my phone would charge it and call someone I knew to notify me. Before you laugh, not everyone is a thief. My brother lost his droid while skiing and someone collected it for him and sent it to his network provider, who later shipped it to him. Thus, I was hopeful lol. I couldn't call the phone as the battery was dead. I never got a call pertaining to my stolen phone either. I called it a loss and was blessed with an iPhone 5 on September 22nd.

I have always wondered where my Blackberry was though, and who had it or was using it, if at all it was being used. I assumed the person that took it would be frustrated with the yeye battery and scratched keys and render the phone useless. I had used it since mid-2010, so it definitely had some wear and tear.

Well, today na today. Actually, yesterday. I had Sexkillz add the pin for me yesterday and see where the Blackberry was, for curiosity's sake. The person accepted the BBM request today. I was laughing to myself, "watch this phone be in Nigeria... naaah.". I didn't think it was possible. Not in a million years, but the thought humored me. By the way Sexkillz was laughing, however, I already knew that was exactly where my phone was. I was no longer laughing.

Ayam in utter disbelief o! I'm in Northern California and my Blackberry has traveled home again but without me this time. Assume the phone is in Lagos. From the point I lost my phone to Lagos, Nigeria is [url=http://www.indo.com/cgi-bin/dist?place1=Folsom%2C+CA&place2=Lagos+Nigeria]7701 miles[/url]. I don't even know how or where to start thinking. Unfathomable.

I still love my Nigeria and Nigerians o. Just that it would be nice for Nigerians to not be involved in seemingly every missing/stolen something lol.[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by denzel2009: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
You should be happy it landed in KWAM1's hands....

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
The current owner is not likely to be the person who stole it from you in California, so I'm not sure that shaming him is ideal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by coogar: 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
Seun: The current owner is not likely to be the person who stole it from you in California, so I'm not sure that shaming him is ideal.

handling stolen goods is a crime too, no?

denzel2009:
You should be happy it landed on KWAM1's hands....

don't mind ogugua - a whole kwam-1?
she should ask for an autograph from the new blackberry owner(the king of fuji). see as the dude even posed on his dp and thanking jehovah!!!

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
denzel2009: You should be happy it landed on KWAM1's hands....

[size=13pt]Lol.[/size]

Seun: The current owner is not likely to be the person who stole it from you in California, so I'm not sure that shaming him is ideal.

[size=13pt]I know.[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Odunnu: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is. . . I dont even have a word for it. But please, permit me to laugh. hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin. We no dey carry last wallahi! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
It must be an American that shipped the stolen to Nigeria. Maybe the person wanted some extra cash, knowing that Nigerians are so in love with the Blackberry.
Anyway, I'm glad u eventually located it; but be careful next time. That's how I lost my LG phone also, on a train.

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is how it works.... Someone stole to it from you, post it on craiglist for sale, a nigerian scammer message the seller he would like the item to be ship to his family in nigeria as a birthday gift nd he's gonna give the guy $550 including shippin and handling to nigeria (note that the original price on craiglist is $150).

He will either be paying the guy with a fake check or fake paypal.... As soon as the seller agree to do this. The item is already in nigeria.

I'm 80% sure that this is how it happens..

Nigerian scammers are always frequent on craiglist. I got so many emails and text message from them whenever i decided to sell something on craiglist.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
We don tire for 'UK used' BB. Now na American used BB de reign wink
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
^^
Nawa o. I guess it's the seller's loss, If he/she didn't wait for payment confirmation before shipping. However, American-based scams are on another level altogether.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
coogar: handling stolen goods is a crime too, no?

don't mind ogugua - a whole kwam-1?
she should ask for an autograph from the new blackberry owner(the king of fuji). see as the dude even posed on his dp and thanking jehovah!!!
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
Nawa o. I guess it's the seller's loss, I'd he/she didn't wait for payment confirmation before shipping. However, American-based scams are on another level altogether.

Yes... They got this scam paypal page they used... You have to shipped the item and get back to paypal with the tracking number for your account to be credited.

This is one of the reason i claim jamaica or brazil sometimes.... Bcus most ppple that i have met always have one story to tell about how they lost money or items to nigerian scammers.

My former neigbour lost 3k just bcus she wants to rent a 3 bedroom duplex $1000 a month...
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
--
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by FreeGlobe(f): 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
[b] wasiu... [\b] hmmmm. nawaa oh, let's have his full details and his location. I guess its Lagos.

what is the meaning of 'Olohun Ese O' in his personal massage btw?
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by dont8(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
Definitely, he bought the phone from someone in Nigeria or does this Wasiu of a guy also lived in California too Just asking loud cheesy
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by johnwizey: 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
dats my country for u........Proudly Naija
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
FreeGlobe: wasiu..
what is the meaning of '[b]Olohun Ese O
' in his personal massage btw?
God, thank you oo for this blackberry that found me grin grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by OAM4J: 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
denzel2009: You should be happy it landed in KWAM1's hands....

lol.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by FreeGlobe(f): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
God, thank you oo for this blackberry that found me grin grin
are you for real. lmaoooo. The guy probably knows it was stolen then or he is thanking God he finally laid his hands on a blackberry even its old.

Seriously we need to know how Wasiu got that phone. That will make an interesting story
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 20, 2013
na spiritual BB.......................

in other news, Gov. T.A Orji congratulates Seun as nairaland hits the one million member mark

just saw it on channels news.

2 Likes

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by comm: 1:49am On Jan 20, 2013
lucenzo: na spiritual BB.......................

in other news, Gov. T.A Orji congratulates Seun as nairaland hits the one million member mark

just saw it on channels news.
was he asked whats his user name is? if I may ask
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Mynd44: 3:18am On Jan 20, 2013
The phone is showing the innermost wishes of the OP "you need to come home"
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 4:42am On Jan 20, 2013
If not for the unfriendliness and lackadaisical attitude of the Nigeria Police, I'd say this case be reported to them so as to track the trade chain for stolen products from the US that ends up here. But we all know what happens if it is reported. You might be detained as the primary suspect after which they will request money from you to release you.

Ideally what the Nigeria Police shld do is to work closely with Interpol to monitor how stolen gadgets like BB and the likes finally ends up here in Nigeria. But all they are concerned about is detension of the innocent and their bail money (even though it'll be written boldly on their Notice Board that Bail is Free)

SMH for the Nigeria Police.

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Slyr0x: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2013
More than 80% of the Blackberrys in Nigeria are "UK/US used". .

The "New Owner" might not even know he's using a stolen phone. . undecided
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by slimyem: 8:43am On Jan 20, 2013
lmao..grincheesy
This shyt is funny...
Olohun e se o..grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by EzePromoe: 8:57am On Jan 20, 2013
GOD thank you for the revelation! So this is how Alaba marketers smuggle in an average American citizen's phone's and other items and come back here, change the casing and brand it as new product. [size=32pt]Ogugua, to be frank with you, that dude bought the phone as a new phone in the market. cheesy[/size] NAIJA, I HAIL O!
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 20, 2013
^^^
Why u dey spoil market for my Alaba peeps? Not all of them are dealers in stolen goods.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2013
Shocking to say the least.

Mr. Wasiu there enjoying his new BB without knowing (maybe) that it's stolen.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by EzePromoe: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
Why u dey spoil market for my Alaba peeps? Not all of them are dealers in stolen goods.
It's just like saying that some people in hell fire are innocent.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2013
Eze Promoe:
It's just like saying that some people in hell fire are innocent.

That's a bit of a stretch shocked
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by 190theclown: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2013
@OP You missed blacking out the BB pin on the screenshot in the chat though. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE: Whale Found On Alpha Beach In Lagos (PHOTO) / What Was The Last Thing You Did In 2014 / Polish And Ukranian,russian ,cyprus , Malaysian Admission /visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.