Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop (1111 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / Accident Involving FRSC Vehicle And An Edegbe Bus On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by domack99(m): 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hello auto gurus in the house, i have a 2002 Mazda millennia, automatic with V6 engine.
Just recently when i start the Vehicle, it refuse to accelerate or reverse, but after leaving the vehicle in ignition mode for like one to two minutes with the gear on drive or Reverse then it start to move,after which you can accelerate normally but if i try to reverse it will take a while also before it respond to the reverse command.

i did the scan and the code was pointing to fan, exhaust and fuel pump issue. The check engine light did note come up. I have a feeling that it might be the gear box but i want to avoid unnecessary and costly try and error.

Please any past experience, advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by abdulkadir(m): 9:15am On Jan 20, 2013
When it responds does it keep moving and is the shift btw gears ok.
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by domack99(m): 6:39am On Jan 21, 2013
abdulkadir: When it responds does it keep moving and is the shift btw gears ok.
Yes it keep moving until you stop again and the shift between the gear is ok
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by abdulkadir(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2013
Never had such experience. Talk to siena, Sultaan, nisspart, ikenna they shld be able to help u..
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by domack99(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2013
abdulkadir: Never had such experience. Talk to siena, Sultaan, nisspart, ikenna they shld be able to help u..

Thanks kadir, based on my research, i think the problem is called gear slipping, situation where the acceleration lag a few seconds (though this one lag for close to a minute or more sometimes). Possible causes are bad oil filter, low fluid level,poor vacuum, warn out transmission band, faulty transmission converter, warn out gear of transmission.

The oil level is okay and the fluid was replaced like four months ago but shortly after then there was a leakage due to a fault from a rod connecting the shaft and the oil was top up after the repair.
Anyway we open the the transmission oil filter compartment yesterday and we found iron particles in the oil blocking the filter. For now we did the flushing, change the filter and replaced the ATF. i will test drive today and see if we have been able to solve it.
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by kenmaro: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2013
Hope you are using the mazda specified ATF because mazda cars transmissions are so sensitive to ATF unless you use the specified one required by the car manufacturer. Most mazda cars use ATF M-V or M-III for 4cylinders, and JWS3309 for 6cylinders.
I think most transmission problem(like slippage, delayed engagement & etc) we are having here in Nigeria is because we use the wrong ATF sometimes. Using the right ATF will make your transmission shift smoothly and last longer.
Re: HELP: Delay In Accelleration After Vehicle Start Or Stop by domack99(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2013
Sorry to the followers of this thread for not giving you feedback earlier. The problem has been fixed after changing the filter, clean the transmission path and replacing the fluid.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did You Lose Your Vehicle Recently To Car Snatchers? / Car Shipping From Canada To Nigeria / I Salute You All .actually I Need Your Advise On My Choice Of Car ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.